[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix OS 8.x

Search This thread

_firewall_

Feb 11, 2015
Lutsk
Yess your are the man ! So fully confirm, no setting lost ! :
1- wipe : cache + dalvik.
2- flash the same rom or the updated one.
3- flash the zip of gapps nano or BiTGApps / avoid nickgapps
4- wipe cache. -reboot.
** To not waste about a day on the gapps : Do not connect over a wifi having a Wireguard connection ! You will never be able to get the login page of google. Kill the wireguard of that router or simply run openvpn and all will pop up fine.

- tomorrow i guess i might spend the day on how to run / apply the safetypatch.
Do we just install magisk and do the Hide renaming.. or the safetynet pack file 1.1 or 1.2beta is needed ?
I'm not sure if dirty flash will work good for you, but you can try. I always use OpenGApps Nano and never used any other GApps.

If you want to bypass safetynet check in my roms, just install latest Magisk canary and hide Magisk app using its settings. No other patches are required.

Reactions: hadiceberg

Docop2

Apr 22, 2021
Thanks a lot. very appreciated. And yes, i confirm, the dirty flash do work. currently on bitgapps. to remove it you set remove in the option and reflash the zip. But at same time i should just install your rom with gapp included. And thank for the tips on magisk. i try this tomorrow.

Jul 20, 2016
I can't get the phone app to work, the phone is making the call alright, but the menu of calling doesn't appear. I'm on latest Hydrogen ROM version with G-apps included
That's a video of the problem https://gofile.io/d/Gfx5yo
Screenshot_20210506-090823129.jpg

_firewall_

Feb 11, 2015
Lutsk
Thank you _firewall_ for maintaining beautiful Custom ROMs for our almost 5 years old Xiaomi Mi Max. I have a request for a new ROM named ForkLineageOS. Can you take a look at this and see if you can port this ROM too for us please.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

As for the ForkLineageOS... The latest update of their Android 10 build was on March 27, 2021. It seems that they totally switched to Android 11 and will not update Android 10 anymore. Unfortunately, I can't build any Android 11 rom. My device sources require changes, but my knowledge is not quite enough for making them.
It has no sense to build any new Q ROM that will not get any updates. Hope for your understandings.

Docop2

Apr 22, 2021
Just to comment. I spend about 3 days to fight those lineage build on the max. And overall lot of bug, device frooze, hangup, no radio. On the v11, lot of app just don't work anymore. very bad. Then i install _firewall_ RR rom build and Paf : all were working perfectly ! Thanks again.

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
When I set the alarm volume to gradually increase, the alarm doesn't sound most of the times, it just vibrates.
I tried rebooting the phone and started testing it several times by setting the alarm for the next minute. The alarm sounded the 1st time, but only vibrated the subsequent times.
I also tried cleaning data of Clock app and also rebooting into the safe mode.

If I turn off "gradually increase volume", the alarm sounds every time without fail.
Tested on RR-8.6.8 and 8.6.9 with GApps Nano using stock clock "com.android.deskclock"

On a different note, the Bluetooth timeout is still having problems. I have a Bluetooth speaker which turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity. When I want to sleep I use Spotify to play some music and set the timer to 1hr. In the morning I find that the speaker is turned off, but phone's Bluetooth is still on, although it's set to 30mins of timeout.

EDIT:
I tried to recreate the problem. I set Spotify to 5min sleep timer and Bluetooth to 15secs. after 5mins music stopped, 15 mins after that the speaker turned off and 30secs later Bluetooth turned off!
I don't know why it doesn't happen during my sleep!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: _firewall_

_firewall_

Feb 11, 2015
Lutsk
When I set the alarm volume to gradually increase, the alarm doesn't sound most of the times, it just vibrates.
I tried rebooting the phone and started testing it several times by setting the alarm for the next minute. The alarm sounded the 1st time, but only vibrated the subsequent times.
I also tried cleaning data of Clock app and also rebooting into the safe mode.

If I turn off "gradually increase volume", the alarm sounds every time without fail.
Tested on RR-8.6.8 and 8.6.9 with GApps Nano using stock clock "com.android.deskclock"

On a different note, the Bluetooth timeout is still having problems. I have a Bluetooth speaker which turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity. When I want to sleep I use Spotify to play some music and set the timer to 1hr. In the morning I find that the speaker is turned off, but phone's Bluetooth is still on, although it's set to 30mins of timeout.
1. I prefer Google Clock and using it with no issues. Try it. To be honest, I never used the stock Clock app. Google Clock app icon always shows live time and I really like this feature.
2. As for the Bluetooth timeout... Sorry, but I have no a Bluetooth speaker, which will help me to reproduce this issue. I tried timeout feature with no connected device. It works like it should. This feature was ported from the other rom. So, it may have some issues.

Thanks for reporting those issues. But I'm not sure that I can fix them.
I'm really sorry for both inconveniences.

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
1. I prefer Google Clock and using it with no issues. Try it. To be honest, I never used the stock Clock app. Google Clock app icon always shows live time and I really like this feature.
2. As for the Bluetooth timeout... Sorry, but I have no a Bluetooth speaker, which will help me to reproduce this issue. I tried timeout feature with no connected device. It works like it should. This feature was ported from the other rom. So, it may have some issues.

Thanks for reporting those issues. But I'm not sure that I can fix them.
I'm really sorry for both inconveniences.
Thank you.
I installed google app and it's working fine. I changed battery settings to never optimize Google's Clock. Is it enough to have a reliable alarm clock as it's not a /system app now.

Reactions: _firewall_

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Me gain 😅
Every time I restart my phone, GPS won't work until I turn it off and back on.
Please see the attachment

Attachments

• ScreenRecord-20210515-205250.mp4
    997.2 KB · Views: 0

_firewall_

Feb 11, 2015
Lutsk
Me gain 😅
Every time I restart my phone, GPS won't work until I turn it off and back on.
Please see the attachment
This seems to be the issue I will not be able to reproduce.
My GPS is always on. I'm using it every day and never experienced such issue.
It doesn't really matter if I'm restarting my device, updating the rom to latest build or power on the device from the power off state. GPS always works like a charm on my Hydrogen.
I'm using high accuracy mode always and Resurrection Remix is my daily driver since its first Q build.

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
What GPS mode are you using?
High accuracy (gps+wifi& BT scanning)
Are you testing it indoor or outdoor?
I have experienced it both indoors and outdoors. This specific recording was done under the roof and it actually got a fix pretty fast (after re-enabling location)
Have you tried to disable the VPN connection. As I can see it's currently active on your device.
Yes I have tested with both vpn on and off

On another note, using location quick tile doesn't change location mode accordingly.
For example "Device only" doesn't disable network location.

_firewall_

Feb 11, 2015
Lutsk
High accuracy (gps+wifi& BT scanning)

I have experienced it both indoors and outdoors. This specific recording was done under the roof and it actually got a fix pretty fast (after re-enabling location)

Yes I have tested with both vpn on and off

On another note, using location quick tile doesn't change location mode accordingly.
For example "Device only" doesn't disable network location.
That's really strange. I don't experience any of these issues.

I didn't try to use GPS with active VPN, so can't say anything about it.

What methods have you used to test the GPS tile correct behavior?

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
That's really strange. I don't experience any of these issues.

I didn't try to use GPS with active VPN, so can't say anything about it.

What methods have you used to test the GPS tile correct behavior?
As you may know, in recent android versions the "battery saving mode", which used only network location, is removed. In the Settings, one can select OFF, GPS only, GPS+network and there's no network only mode.
I realized something strange: after every boot, location provider of my phone acts like "battery saving" (network only) mode! Google maps can find my rough location! Also apps which don't require precise location work too (like weather apps). But for example GPS locker doesn't work. It doesnt even list GPS satellites and their signal.
But when I turn location off and on via Settings menu, GPS will be turned on in addition to network location.

By the way, location quick tile acts strange as it still has 4 modes, one of which (battery saving) is not present in Settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the LineageOS team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Clean flash (RECOMMENDED IF COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM)
    INSTRUCTIONS

Follow all the next instructions carefully
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

1) Backup Everything (Most Important)
    2) Download ROM, Gapps (not required for the ROM with built-in GApps), Magisk, etc.
    3) Reboot to Recovery (TWRP)
    4) Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
    5) Format Data (This step will remove encryption as well as all files in your phone storage)
    6) Reboot to Recovery (TWRP)
    7) Flash - ROM, Gapps (not required for the ROM with built-in GApps), Magisk
    8) Once done, wipe cache.
    9) Reboot to System.

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-
    - Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    Follow all the next instructions carefully
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

1) Backup Everything (Most Important)
    2) Download ROM, Gapps (not required for the ROM with built-in GApps), Magisk, etc.
    3) Reboot to Recovery (TWRP)
    4) Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache.
    5) Flash - ROM, Gapps (not required for the ROM with built-in GApps), Magisk
    6) Once done, wipe cache.
    7) Reboot to System.

rrdownload.png

ROM: Helium | Hydrogen | SourceForge

GApps Package: Open GApps
    It's recommended to flash Nano GApps only for better user experience.

Recovery Recommended:
    Batik Recovery | SkyHawk Recovery

rrsource.png

ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

rrthanks.png

Major thanks to
    -> RR Team <-
    XDA Developers
    Phhusson for Treble trees
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    DU Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    Special Thanks to : Akhil Narang & MR ACAR (former RR team member)
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

-> Reporting bugs <-
    If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

Join out Telegram Channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixofficial

Show your support to Resurrection Remix ROM

Information
    Resurrection Remix, ROM for the Xiaomi MiMax
    SELinux Status: Permissive

Contributors

dungphp , _firewall_

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108
    ROM Firmware Required: You should use the latest firmware
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 8.8.4

Created 2020-08-12
    Last Updated 2022-08-13
    Update

2020-12-08
    • Synced sources
    • Bumped version 8.6.5
    • More fixes and improvements. The detailed changelog could be found here.
    Updated

2021-02-09
    • Bump Security String to 2021-02-05
    • Bump RR version 8.6.7
    • A2DP codec priority
    • SBC Dual Channel (SBC HD Audio) support
    • Make SBC Dual Channel optional
    • Some fixes and improvements. The detailed changelog could be found here.
    Updated

2020-08-16
    • New ROM features and improvements
    • Fixed ringtone playback when BT-headset is active
    • Fixed accidental sim-card switching for calls and SMS
    Detailed changelog could be found here

Special thanks @Being_Zeeshan for his help.
    Updated

2021-05-14
    • Bump Security String to 2021-05-05
    • Bump RR version 8.6.9
    • Some fixes and improvements. The detailed changelog could be found here.