[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v7.0.2

Search This thread

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Camera (GCam)

First of all, great thanks to Jleeblanch for the port. It's a very pure OS. I failed to install Gapps, as the phone was getting bootloop with any set of Gapps, strating from pico. So I went Google free and I really enjoy it.

The only issue I have for the moment is the free camera. Well, it i not a critical issue, as Open Camera is perfectly usable with a choice of Camera 2 API in the settings. But it does not give the same quality of photos as original Moto camera or a ported GCam offers. Here is a great original Moto camera port which just works fine on RR. But four or five versions of GCam I downloaded and tried just fail to run even the first time. While that was not at all an issue on the original Moto Android Pie when I tested it.

Do you guys have a positive experience of bringing GCam on your RR-d device? Could you please share the apk version or some hints to make GCam work on the phone with RR 7.0.2? Your help will be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Jairsantana

Jan 5, 2013
Camera (GCam)

First of all, great thanks to Jleeblanch for the port. It's a very pure OS. I failed to install Gapps, as the phone was getting bootloop with any set of Gapps, strating from pico. So I went Google free and I really enjoy it.

i´m just going to make a remark on this part of your post, try going back to stock then flash the rom as op´s instructions indicate
1.-boot into twrp
2.-flash the copy partitions A and B zip
3.-wipe data in (wipe - advance - wipe data - type yes then enter)
4.-flash rom and twrp zip
5.-reboot to system
6.-boot back to recovery go back in wipe type yes
7.-flash gapps and magisk (if you want)
and everything should be fine (you may get an android boot logo for a bit then the device will restart again then system will boot)

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Thank you for your input. I followed precisely the steps, but that gave me the same bootloop result, so I gave up after several tries. Later I read that many users experimented the same with Gapps sets in the same days. AFAIK the issue is fixed by now. But I feel myself quite easy living without Google Play, as there is F-Droid and direct apk available for some cricually important apps.

The only lack I have is GCam with its night mode. I wonder if any mod may work on the ungoogled RR device, as long as Moto camera works fine.

rutger465

Apr 3, 2020
Thanks for the rom, anyone has Android auto working?

When i connect it to my car the app responds but the car is not, it did with the original rom and with my iphone.

xth88312

Aug 9, 2016
I'm sorry,I want to ask what do you mean by "IF COMING FROM STOCK", it's like a MI phone with a MIUI?
If my g7 plus with ZUI os, do I flash "copy-partitions-AB.zip" first?
btw my ZUI os is base of Android 9.
thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Download the ROM and GApps from Downloads section below
    Boot the latest twrp.img (or reboot to bootloader and then to twrp if already installed)
    IF COMING FROM STOCK, FLASH THIS ZIP -> copy-partitions-AB.zip BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING (to avoid bricking)
    In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted
    Flash latest build of ResurrectionRemix
    Flash latest twrp-installer zip (to keep twrp installed, it'll flash to both slots)
    Reboot and let ROM boot once (It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic
    Reboot back to the bootloader and then recovery
    In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted
    Flash GApps (and Magisk if you want root) and Reboot
    Profit :p

rrdownload.png

[size=+2]ROM Download
    GApps
    [/size]

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to dogbin

Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix Pie, ROM for the Moto G7 Plus

Contributors
    Jleeblanch
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-09-29
    Last Updated 2019-09-29
    for passing safety net on this rom some additional tools needed, such as magisk with "magiskhide props config" module installed
    Any further instructions? I have installed RR with Magisk and the Props Config, but ctsProfile still shows false.
    Run the command props in terminal (you can find a terminal emulator on F-Droid or in the Play Store), and follow the instructions to set your desired options. If you use Termux, you'll have to call su before running the command.
    Next, my actions in terminal:
    1 - Edit device fingerprint
    f - Pick a sertified fingerprint
    13 - Motorola
    12 - Motorola Moto G6 Plus (9).