[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v7.0.2

Search This thread
Rom is wonderful, only problems that I've gotten at all is in device boot up it's starting phone and never starts it like a boot loop and takes 5-7 reboots of the UI and user data, and a occasional network hiccup

As it's my only phone, both are major problems for me. If possible I would like some help

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamt09

Geofferey

Jan 1, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I'm just nervous about flashing my new phone. Never did one with the a/b partition thing before.

If you follow the guide word for word you should be OK. Most important is that you flash copypartitions.zip before trying to flash ROMs. That zip will copy the important partitions from A > B so that when you switch slots no issues should occur.

Rom is wonderful, only problems that I've gotten at all is in device boot up it's starting phone and never starts it like a boot loop and takes 5-7 reboots of the UI and user data, and a occasional network hiccup.

That seems like a huge problem... What model is your device? Make sure sure you are on a clean slate. Run "fastboot erase userdata" and attempt to boot then go back to TWRP and wipe userdata. I have never had the issue of "phone starting" dialog stuck but seems like issue with decryption. Also if you have an SD card make sure it's formatted.

Reactions: Jamt09

xe500linux

Apr 24, 2019
Samsung Galaxy A20
Motorola Edge
Will this work with the metro pcs varient?

It should work on any version with an unlockable bootloader. I'm using it on the Metro variant right now.

I have never had the issue of "phone starting" dialog stuck but seems like issue with decryption. Also if you have an SD card make sure it's formatted.

What do you mean formatted? By Android? I get the phone starting screen for about 30 seconds but only with an SD card inserted, won't start until after it's done "checking" the card. But I formatted as exfat with windows..

Also installing the Twrp app to system from the official Twrp causes bootloops. Easily undoable by rebooting twrp and uninstalling it, but just an FYI. I thought Magisk was causing it the first go around and reflashed from the start

I'm just nervous about flashing my new phone. Never did one with the a/b partition thing before. Been using custom roms and twrp for years.
At least this phone has a blankflash so you can (most likely) recover from a hardbrick if needed. But if you just dont try to flash different custom roms over themselves like my dumbass you wont have to get that far

Last edited:
May 29, 2017
See on a dirty flash do i have to swap from slot b to slot a first before i flash the rom. Also if you already have twrp successfully installed can you flash the rom and switch to slot b for gapps and magisk? Hope you get what i mean

May 29, 2017
Yo I just updated today to the 03//11 rom and the phone speaker doesn't work I can't get it to play music for I need headphones to use during a call its an XT1944-4

Degru01

Oct 23, 2016
What is network connectivity like? On stock my phone frequently has trouble switching between LTE and wifi with most apps complaining about no network connection when I leave the house until I restart them or wait a few minutes. Even though LTE connection in status bar has good signal and appears to work fine; apps just don't recognize the network change until I force them to. I'm looking into custom ROMs to potentially try to fix this issue.

Another thing is randomly disconnecting from my home wifi and having spotty connection despite all other devices in the house working fine, and not having issues with other networks.

Also, is LDAC supported for Bluetooth audio? The stock for some reason doesn't have it despite being Android Pie.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017
What is network connectivity like? On stock my phone frequently has trouble switching between LTE and wifi with most apps complaining about no network connection when I leave the house until I restart them or wait a few minutes. Even though LTE connection in status bar has good signal and appears to work fine; apps just don't recognize the network change until I force them to. I'm looking into custom ROMs to potentially try to fix this issue.

Another thing is randomly disconnecting from my home wifi and having spotty connection despite all other devices in the house working fine, and not having issues with other networks.

Also, is LDAC supported for Bluetooth audio? The stock for some reason doesn't have it despite being Android Pie.

The connection is sweet especially the WiFi my stock rom wifi was so f'ing slow. I never any bugs like the October rom was sweet. It took all day to notice the really doesnt play any sound from a phone call or video or anything. Is anyone else having this problem?

fawazed

Dec 29, 2015
The connection is sweet especially the WiFi my stock rom wifi was so f'ing slow. I never any bugs like the October rom was sweet. It took all day to notice the really doesnt play any sound from a phone call or video or anything. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I can confirm the speaker problem, however, the sound starts to come up after a minute or so, which is weird.
Another problem I'm facing is random systemui reboots when I switch on the data even though I followed the guide and rebooted the device just in case.

What I really like about this rom is the ability to control the notification led, i'm surprised and psyched as everyone else :D:p

Geofferey

Jan 1, 2011
Long Beach, CA
It's weird you guys are having issues with sound as I have not experienced those. Everything plays fine, notifications, call audio, messenger calls, etc. I listen to Spotify all day and take calls on both phone and Facebook. I always flash GApps micro before allowing rom to boot, which may or may not contain some codecs? What devices are these? I'm on the XT1955-5 Metro variant. I see @TheLastAlphaUK has XT1955-4 which is international variant. My buddy also has that and gets his notifications.... As for random soft-reboots I think I have fix for that. Possibly. It also might be beneficial to make sure you guys are on lastest available vendor img.

worlddominatiin

Dec 9, 2012
Houston
iamdevonte.tumblr.com

okay so ive finally gotten to a point where twrp (official) is installed and i can load into it, but it seems i cant get the flashing the roms steps done properly.
do i flash the copypartitions on slot a then reboot to bootloader/recovery, switch to slot b then flash rom? or is the rom flashed on slot a, and everything else on slot b?
this is so confusing, never had a phone with a/b type of flashes smh

edit: also, if my rom flashes failed, do i have to start from the beginning (install stock then go from there)?

edit 2: after multiple different tries im just gonna give up and wait on stock until i can figure this out correctly, not sure of its my twrp causing problems or i just cant follow directions.

Last edited:

xe500linux

Apr 24, 2019
Samsung Galaxy A20
Motorola Edge
okay so ive finally gotten to a point where twrp (official) is installed and i can load into it, but it seems i cant get the flashing the roms steps done properly.
do i flash the copypartitions on slot a then reboot to bootloader/recovery, switch to slot b then flash rom? or is the rom flashed on slot a, and everything else on slot b?
this is so confusing, never had a phone with a/b type of flashes smh

edit: also, if my rom flashes failed, do i have to start from the beginning (install stock then go from there)?

How did the flashes fail? were you bootlooping into Twrp after flashing rom and switching to slot b?

Flash copypartitions & the rom on slot A, then reboot to slot B to boot OS & install TWRP and Magisk after. I tried multiple times to flash this rom with Twrp already installed, and everytime it bootlooped back into twrp on slot B (slot A booted but is still stock android). But if you dont install twrp, after flashing rom to A and rebooting to B, RR/Lineage recovery pops up prompting you to wipe internal storage. Only after that could I boot the rom (and install twrp)

Edit: Yea best to to start from the beginning every attempt. And to fully uninstall twrp youll have to flash the stock boot.img to both boot_a and boot_b

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fresurrectionremix.com%2Fassets%2Frrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P v7.0.2

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.[/CENTER]

About Resurrection Remix:

Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and the original Remix ROM builds. This creates an awesome combination of customization & performance optimizations while bringing the latest features directly to your device.

Introduction:

This is an unofficial build of Resurrection Remix for the Motorola G7, codename ocean.

It should support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable. Sadly, we can not support the Verizon or AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

ROM:
    RR-P-v7.0.2-20191103-ocean-Unofficial-signed.zip

Stock Firmware:
    Official Firmware

Recovery:
    Unofficial TWRP

Copy A to B: (prevents bricks)
    copypartitions.zip
    (courtesy of @filipepferraz)

Open GApps:
    http://opengapps.org

Preparation for A/B Roms:

1. Download TWRP and the Firmware for your variant from the links above.
    2. Remove your google account under Settings > Accounts then factory reset your device as FRP is enforced.
    3. Unlock your bootloader Instructions HERE.
    4. Flash your factory firmware image on slot_A
    • Hold power + Volume down untill you reach bootloader (fastboot mode)
    • In your extracted firmware folder open a terminal and flash your firmware files with these commands.
    • NOTE: This last step installs vendor.img to slot_b as well.
    5. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    6. While on Slot_A Flash copypartitions.zip (This step only needs to be completed Once only after updating from stock factory firmwares.)
    7. While in TWRP choose Reboot > bootloader
    8. Now you're ready for ROM Steps below

ROM - Installation:

1. Download the ROM, TWRP and GApps from the links above.
    2. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    3. Flash signed ROM.zip
    4. TWRP_installer/boot.img ramdisk method
    5. Tap Reboot > Select opposite slot > Back > Recovery
    6. Install Gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    7. Reboot > System

Updating (AKA 'dirty flash'):

01. Download the updated ROM
    02. fasboot boot twrp.img
    03. Install ROM.zip + TWRP_Installer
    04. Reboot > Recovery
    05. flash gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    06. Reboot > System

Notes:
    • It is imperative that you flash copypartitions.zip before flashing any OTA zips via TWRP. If you fail to do so you may require a blank flash to recover your device from QCOM DL when it switches slot suffix from A to B.
    • Any time your internal storage aka "Userdata" is directly from a stock install you must use 'fastboot -w' to erase it before using ROMS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial Resurrection Remix for G7 Power , ROM for the Moto G7 Power

Contributors
    Geofferey, SyberHexen, erfanoabdi

Source Code:
    kernel_motorola_msm8953
    android_device_motorola_ocean
    proprietary_vendor_motorola-1

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock vendor.img
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2019-11-03
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-31

Created 2019-10-31
    Last Updated 2019-11-07
    Whats the difference between fastboot -w and just wiping everything in Twrp? That could have been it.. Syber makes the official Twrp as well so dont know if the one in OP is any different

And theres 4 roms btw, Havoc OS has no thread but its on Syber's androidfilehost. Same rgb/display issues as Lineage though

bruh you dont even have to use the fastboot -w or wipe command

CREATOR OF POST: MY F***IN BAD my speak problem was some bs from a blank flash i sorted it now the only bugs i got in some sketchy nav bar

there are apparently these roms as well:
    CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-ocean-20191025-1317.zip
    Viper-ocean-20191029-v6.7-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    XenonHD-191024-Unofficial-ocean.zip

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

FULL GUIDE TO DEBRICK/INSTALL STOCK ROM/REMOVE BAD KEY/INSTALL CUSTOM ROM AND TWRP

ensure your google accounts are removed from the phone and bootloader is unlocked...
    boot to bootloader
    run cmd prompt
    use cd C:\*LOCATION* to go to folder with full STOCK ROM but make sure you have this files in the folder too [adb.exe, fastboot.exe, adbwinapi.dll, adbwinusbapi.dll] from ur minimal adb and fastboot setup. you will also need the recovery file TWRP-ocean-3.3.1-Syber-v2.2_11-02.img in this folder and the logo.bin file to remove the bad key FROM HERE. I suggest you rename to logonew.bin and put in the stock rom folder. you will also want ur RRromzip, the copypartitions.zip, the TWRP INSTALLER, GAPPS & MAGISK ZIP...

no matter what stage u are at other than bricked [after the BLANK FLASH then resume with this guide. if ur stuck bootlooping or have messed anything up start from the stock rom install or you will end up bricking your phone....

ok so in your cmd open in stock rom folder type these commands:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
    fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase DDR
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

when it reboots to bootloader use these commands from the same folder:
    fastboot set_active a
    sleep 5
    fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    sleep 5
    fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg_a fsg.mbn
    fastboot flash dsp_a adspso.bin
    fastboot flash logo_a logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash oem_a oem.img
    fastboot flash oem_b oem.img
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

now use these commands to remove bad key
    fastboot flash logo_a logonew.bin
    fastboot flash logo_b logonew.bin

now boot the twrp by using
    fastboot boot TWRP-ocean-3.3.1-Syber-v2.2_11-02.img

when twrp boots it should show up in ur windows explorer if you have an sd card just drop the files you need on it or you will have to use command adb push copy-partitions-payton.zip /sdcard/
    install the copy-partitions-payton.zip
    when complete reboot-bootloader

now boot the twrp again by using
    fastboot boot TWRP-ocean-3.3.1-Syber-v2.2_11-02.img

now install the rom zip
    then the twrp installer zip
    reboot-recovery [it auto switches slot]
    install gapps and magisk zips
    reboot system

you should have ur custom rom and twrp recovery permanently installed now
    Changes:

- 10-31-19
    • Initial signed release

- 11-03-19
    • Improve notification led
    • Add picture adjust to livedisplay
    I'm looking forward to trying this rom. I just got my phone yesterday and plan on trying this at some point. Probably not right now. I haven't even unlocked the bootloader or anything yet. I want to use it for a bit before doing that. I just got it all setup and don't want to wipe out my data yet. After coming from a phone I dropped in a sink full of water, I'm happy to have a 100% working phone. I look forward to seeing where this build goes.
    Working great but is there an option to disable the fingerprint scanner acting as a home button? Only issue so far..

Edit: Replaced /system/usr/keylayout/uinput.fpc.kl with the one from Lineage to get rid of the fingerprint home gesture.

24hrs in it's very stable, no crashes or visual glitches :good: