[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][ROSY][8.1] Lineage os 15.1_r60 for XIaomi redmi 5 [TREBLE]

Search This thread

Billubas

Jan 16, 2019
Sorry to bother, I tried to update from the last build via OrageFox but the fingerprint stopped working, it was working really fine before, only tried this update cause of the mismatch vendor thing. So I did a factory reset and a clean install but the fingerprint still did not respond. I'm a total newbie regards android and programming. so I don't know how to log or anything besides the basic wipe and install, if you can't help its fine, I'm really enjoyed your work with the room, will just suck'it up and deal with the mismatching vendor.

Many thanks.

Shreejoy Dash

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2017
Cuttack
www.pixysos.com
Sorry to bother, I tried to update from the last build via OrageFox but the fingerprint stopped working, it was working really fine before, only tried this update cause of the mismatch vendor thing. So I did a factory reset and a clean install but the fingerprint still did not respond. I'm a total newbie regards android and programming. so I don't know how to log or anything besides the basic wipe and install, if you can't help its fine, I'm really enjoyed your work with the room, will just suck'it up and deal with the mismatching vendor.

Many thanks.
Bro in my point of view orange fox is not at all recommended

Its partially bugged

Better to use treble twrp
That works better

bjyadav4

Oct 29, 2015

Many thanks.
Use TWRP recovery
I update my rom and everything is working fine
Very smooth nu issues :)
In my opinion u can flash wolf kernal over this rom and then reflash the rom

bjyadav4

Oct 29, 2015
@Shreejoy das
I am using the updated rom for two days. Every thing is running smooth no issue. It is really very stable
But i have notice one minor issue which becomes major some time. Network is continue fluctuating. Suddenly goes up and suddenly goes down within few seconds. And some of my friends report me that when i call them they hear their own voice.
Pls provide any way to fix the network unstable issue. Some time it really very annoying.
Thanks again for the rom. U r awesome

Billubas

Jan 16, 2019
Bro in my point of view orange fox is not at all recommended

Its partially bugged

Better to use treble twrp
That works better

Thanks for the reply.
I was using Orangefox because some error the first time I flashed the phone, just don't remember the error code. Anyway, I changed back to the TWRP but with no lucky, tried update the old build, new install, reset factory, wipe cache, dalvik but the fingerprint scanner gave no signal no matter what I tried. I will just stick with the older build, worked fine for me, had no problem with the volume or fpscanner (never noticed the reported delay) , the only annoyance is the vendor error.

Big thanks for your work with all the versions, the MiUi with all the bloatware and adds all over the place is just goddamn awful, again thank you.

bjyadav4

Oct 29, 2015
Thanks for the reply.
I was using Orangefox because some error the first time I flashed the phone, just don't remember the error code. Anyway, I changed back to the TWRP but with no lucky, tried update the old build, new install, reset factory, wipe cache, dalvik but the fingerprint scanner gave no signal no matter what I tried. I will just stick with the older build, worked fine for me, had no problem with the volume or fpscanner (never noticed the reported delay) , the only annoyance is the vendor error.

Big thanks for your work with all the versions, the MiUi with all the bloatware and adds all over the place is just goddamn awful, again thank you.
https://xdaforums.com/redmi-5/development/kernel-wolf-kernelv2-sukrut-bhagwat-t3887699
Flash the two files over oreo rom and your problem will solve. It works for me try it

bjyadav4

Oct 29, 2015
anyone pls help me. Network drop continously after flashing this rom
Everything is fine for me but this problem is really annoying for me. Pls tell how i fixed it.
Request to developrs.

Feb 9, 2017
Lineage Oreo *fully* stable coming soon....
Get ready.....

Fixed Vendor Mismatch + January patch + In call volume bug fixed = :D

Also I am trying to improve the battery life

BTW would you guys like if I add poco launcher to it coz lineage launcher really sucks

Or should I add lawnchair ......
Please don't add poco launcher gotta bored of it but i think so you should add lawn chair it's ok

Bornokun

Jan 21, 2019
Can you tell me how to root this rom.

I tried with magisk, even i want to flash through twrp but failed, anyone can help me

Jan294

Aug 5, 2014
near Hamburg

Thank you so much for this Rom! :) I installed yesterday with latest firmware, stable magisk 18 and retro kernel (with wolf kernel it was extrem laggy). No problems so far, even no network problems. If I find something the next days/weeks/months I'll let you know.

One question: is there one or two speakers build in the phone? Because for me only one (the right one) is working. Never checked if it was different with my previous Rom...

-

I'm back on original lineage kernel. Still only the right speaker working (or is no speaker on the left?).

To continue my monologue...: there's only one speaker build in the phone, on the left is the microphone.

Last edited:
Reactions: animeshstiwari

rickq_

Feb 3, 2017
Prague
Battery drain

Is anybody else experiencing a battery drain?

CmMVU9B.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Double tap to wake-up
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint (fpc and goodix both)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • IR

Known issues:
    Nothing For Now, If you find dont hesitate to report bugs in the thread but please try to provide logs....

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

[/LIST]

Source Code::

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage os 15.1 oreo for Xiaomi redmi 5, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI global stable

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-10-01

Created 2018-10-01
    Last Updated 2018-10-01

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][ROSY][8.1] Lineage os 15.1_r46 for XIaomi redmi 5 [TREBLE], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5

Contributors
    Shreejoy Dash
    ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-12-20
    Last Updated 2019-01-15
    As im promised to release our rosy oreo tree to public . Here we present our hard work. Please support . Give your Contribution. Enjoy. Thank you for your appreciation

Kernel : https://github.com/Teamlions/android_kernel_xioami_rosy.git
    device tree(rosy) : https://github.com/Teamlions/android_device_xiaomi_rosy.git
    device tree( msm8953-common): https://github.com/Teamlions/android_device_xiaomi_msm8953-common.git
    vendor: https://github.com/Teamlions/android_vendor_xiaomi_rosy.git
    Changelog:-

#15Jan2019build

• January security patch
    • Fix In call audio unadjustable
    • Fix Vendor Mismatch
    • Added Doze Mode
    • Synced with latestest Lineage sources
    • Improved stability and performance
    • Added Tweaks for Smoothness improvement
    • Improved network Reception
    Thanks alot. Super satable and all bugs were fixed
    Welcome
    If you like my work
    Please hit that thanks button
    It motivates me to work further..
    Ok so everyone requested to keep the build plain and simple so doing as said fully normal build....with no custom changes...