Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, broken sd cards, or failure for your device to preform some important function. You are choosing to make modifications to your own device, and accept all of the risks involved.
LineageOS is a long standing android custom rom, derrived from AOSP with contributions from the community. By default, no google apps or frameworks are built into the rom.
microG is an open source, lightweight replacement for the proprietary google apps and frameworks. Maybe most importantly, it includes UnifiedNlp which provides wifi and cellular based geolocation which are necessary for location services apps to function properly.
This rom includes:
- fdroid & fdroid priviledge extension
- microG and sig spoofing patches to support it
- magisk (optional, there are magisk and non-magisk versions available)
- lawnchair, a great AOSP launcher
- full 1440 x 3200 resolution
- gcam, stock cam
- other smart phone things
Whats not working:
- only the "default" camera sensor is function. Have yet to see anyone that has gotten the telephoto and macro(?) lens working in a custom rom
- relies on stock vendor partition, which is why flashing a specific version of OneUI is important
- fingerprint enrollment is touchy. If it fails, go back and try again. If it is stubborn, restart and try again.
Tested on SM-G981U1, should work on most snapdragon s20 devices (if not all). If you test this on another model and it works properly please post a comment if you have the time.
Long instructions, including loading a customer recovery with keys for these images. Intended to help those newer to custom roms:
Short instructions, for those that know what they are doing:
Telephoto and wide angle are swapped in the config and in the UI. Telephoto crashes the app, you will have to clear storage/cache to be able to use Gcam again.
I suggest disabling the telephoto lens. To do this go into
Gcam -> Settings -> Advanced -> Auxiliary Camera
and disable *Wide* not telephoto (remember, they lenses are swapped here)
Sources and Instructions to build your own images and custom recovery:
- To the member of the XDA fourms that are unlocking the snapdragon s20
- To @jesec who really did all of the work on getting lineage working on the s20
- To jimbo77 on xda who had some nice lineage builds for the s20, looking at their source got me pointed in the right direction for this device
- To @NisseGurra for suggesting Gcam apk and config