[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][10.0] LineageOS 17.1

jokeris

Dec 11, 2014
Today I installed ver. lineage-17.1-20210124 and it crashed on boot ,restarting in TWRP.I rebooted and again the same.Thankfully I had kept a previous version in the internal memory and recovered it.I cleaned cache/davlik and I removed magisk (just in case).When it booted in previous version OK, I repeated the update and run OK.Did anyone have this problem? Up to now,I had no problem updating.

Toasted Meat

Feb 3, 2013
Planet Earth
Today I installed ver. lineage-17.1-20210124 and it crashed on boot ,restarting in TWRP.I rebooted and again the same.Thankfully I had kept a previous version in the internal memory and recovered it.I cleaned cache/davlik and I removed magisk (just in case).When it booted in previous version OK, I repeated the update and run OK.Did anyone have this problem? Up to now,I had no problem updating.
Yes, same problem except I didn't have a back up and now my phone is just boot-looping into TWRP.

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)
I'm updating my phone now, will update soon (I already deleted the previous version before starting the download of the last one so I'm downloading again the previous one so to have it on micro sd)

Did the normal update as every Monday, all worked normally, no problems at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 0LDST4R

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Gapps may have not reinstalled correctly on boot.

Update your recovery and opengapps too the latest versions.

Regards,
Danny

yoruuba2

Nov 28, 2015
@Stricted;
Flashing the latest (3.5) official twrp from their site, gives me a bootloop on reboot and had to revert back to (3.4).
I've tried it twice with the same result and had to restart my phone with a fresh install of LOS 17.1 with twrp 3.4

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
I'm updating my phone now, will update soon (I already deleted the previous version before starting the download of the last one so I'm downloading again the previous one so to have it on micro sd)

Did the normal update as every Monday, all worked normally, no problems at all

Same here. No problems with this build.

Reactions: danwood76

Neoony

Dec 17, 2010
I had a bootloop happen about 3-4 times now, when updating with the built-in updater.
I guess it seems that sometimes it downloads corrupt file and I guess its not verifying it or something.

In that case I just have to go download latest lineageos build manually and flash in twrp (same as updating manually)

I believe I also one time tried to flash the same file that updater downloaded, but it didnt work. After downloading the same build manually, that one worked.

So I guess the updater can be unreliable.

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)
I had a bootloop happen about 3-4 times now, when updating with the built-in updater.
I guess it seems that sometimes it downloads corrupt file and I guess its not verifying it or something.

In that case I just have to go download latest lineageos build manually and flash in twrp (same as updating manually)

I believe I also one time tried to flash the same file that updater downloaded, but it didnt work. After downloading the same build manually, that one worked.

So I guess the updater can be unreliable.
You are right, the same thing happened also to me

jokeris

Dec 11, 2014
Today I installed the today's update.It crashed again,booting into TWRP (3.3.1.0). Usually (when all are OK) when running the update script inTWRP,at the end of it Magisk was running too mentioning something about flashing new boot image etc.When I have a crash it looks that ,before that, update script doesnt run that magisk commands.When it failed today I installed Magisk version 20.4 and not 21.4 which is the latest,just to check it next week.So if someone fails or succeeds let me(us) know the Magisk version in case that is responsible for the crash.

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
Hey guys,

I've just installed LOS via the 2021-02-04 microG build from https://download.lineage.microg.org/s5neolte on a clean device. My GPS doesn't seem to work.

Can you confirm this?

Because I've just installed it, I cannot say when it last worked etc.

edit 1: To be a bit more precise, I have GPS activated because of the corona tracing app and it seems to collect IDs, but neither Osmand nor SatStat show anything and the GPS icon only appears from time to time without an apparent reason. SatStat doesn't show any satellites after a long time, so my guess is, that GPS doesn't work.

edit 2: Apps report GPS as disabled, although it's enabled according to the settings.

Last edited:

Andriodfox

Jan 22, 2021
Anyone know why the mic has become completely useless?
No one can hear me, recordings are all hiss no voice.
(The voice recorder doesn't do anything, doesn't connect to a mic)
I have to stick my mouth directly to the mic to get a "reasonable" volume.
while the hiss rings high no matter.

Also playback is super quiet across the board by at least 50%

Iv been messing with the XML files and nothing changes... was working perfectly in Stock.

Reactions: 0LDST4R

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
Anyone know why the mic has become completely useless?
No one can hear me, recordings are all hiss no voice.
(The voice recorder doesn't do anything, doesn't connect to a mic)
I have to stick my mouth directly to the mic to get a "reasonable" volume.
while the hiss rings high no matter.

Also playback is super quiet across the board by at least 50%

Iv been messing with the XML files and nothing changes... was working perfectly in Stock.

Same here, i was scared that's just me, i've got exactly the same issues.

Reactions: Andriodfox

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
The mic in this phone is the reason I hate it. Makes the phone basically useless for its main purpose.

(sticking to stock ROM was never an option)

Last edited: