[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][10.0] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
The mic in this phone is the reason I hate it. Makes the phone basically useless for its main purpose.

(sticking to stock ROM was never an option)

Hmm, ok. Any workaround known to improve the quality in calls? I use my S5Neo as business phone, mainly for navigation, really rare for calls, so i noticed this mic thingy randomly. My boss pays the monthly bill, it's not my main device, so i can do some experiments. If i remember correct, it was in LOS 16 really quiet too. I don't know how good or bad the quality was in stock fw, 1st thing was unlock, root and flash cfw when i got this S5Neo few months ago.

Reactions: Andriodfox

Andriodfox

Jan 22, 2021
Anyone know why the mic has become completely useless?
No one can hear me, recordings are all hiss no voice.
(The voice recorder doesn't do anything, doesn't connect to a mic)
I have to stick my mouth directly to the mic to get a "reasonable" volume.
while the hiss rings high no matter.

Also playback is super quiet across the board by at least 50%

Iv been messing with the XML files and nothing changes... was working perfectly in Stock.

Im not overblowing the issue, its really that bad.
Its basically a pretty brick I have to shout at. =( lol

The file SHOULD be system/vendors/ect/mixer_paths_0.xml on the s5neo, adjusting the values didn't seem to work for me.

Most of the time changing the values seemingly did nothing.
So I have a feeling there's a deeper setting that needs to be found... Some kind of master volume setting?

Maybe there;s an old Andriod system that the s5neo used that no longer exists on current versions?

(I sware at one point last night after increasing some values... the camcorder hiss vanished but It went even quieter.. but I had just increased volume? Maybe im tripping? like wtf lol)

Last edited:

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
I have mentioned the mic issues back in the LOS 16.0 thread. Here's a collection of what the maintainers and also others said about it:

What I cannot seem to find right now is a statement of one of the maintainers about the mic driver(?), which would have to be reverse engineered, which is of course a really big thing, probably too much to ask for two maintainers who do this in their spare time. I hope I remember this correctly!

I don't expect the mic quality of this device to ever getting good or at least ok. The mic works, but it sucks. Everything else seems to be really good! It's such a pity. I'll keep it for emergencies which I had the other day.

Reactions: 0LDST4R

Andriodfox

Jan 22, 2021
I have mentioned the mic issues back in the LOS 16.0 thread. Here's a collection of what the maintainers and also others said about it:

What I cannot seem to find right now is a statement of one of the maintainers about the mic driver(?), which would have to be reverse engineered, which is of course a really big thing, probably too much to ask for two maintainers who do this in their spare time. I hope I remember this correctly!

I don't expect the mic quality of this device to ever getting good or at least ok. The mic works, but it sucks. Everything else seems to be really good! It's such a pity. I'll keep it for emergencies which I had the other day.

Yeah I assumed it must be something before the mixer_paths file. Im not so fussed by the bad quality sound just aslong as people can hear me honestly.
It is a real shame, everything else functions like a Dream.

Any idea where this issue first started? Im tempted to downgrade Lineage to where the problem stops.

For me its just about removing Google Services from the device so being up to date isn't a huge worry to me.

Andriodfox

Jan 22, 2021
For some testing I downloaded Open Camera, with this I can change audio sources.

I switched from "camcorder" to "default input" and the volume increased to a useable level, much louder. (same with "unprocessed")

So using the specific Media Profile for the camera ruins the volume, I assume if I was able to change mic source for calls that I could also get the same results?

Seems like a solution, however rather hacky.

mic hissing remains.

Last edited:

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
For some testing I downloaded Open Camera, with this I can change audio sources.

I switched from "camcorder" to "default input" and the volume increased to a useable level, much louder. (same with "unprocessed")

So using the specific Media Profile for the camera ruins the volume, I assume if I was able to change mic source for calls that I could also get the same results?

Seems like a solution, however rather hacky.

mic hissing remains.

The issue is because we do not have the audio processing libs installed/enabled. I fixed this in the A3 and A5, I can take a look at the S5NEO as well when I get a chance.

Kind regards,
Danny

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
The issue is because we do not have the audio processing libs installed/enabled. I fixed this in the A3 and A5, I can take a look at the S5NEO as well when I get a chance.

Kind regards,
Danny

That would be great, the rom is incredible stable, bought a new Polarcell accu - i love this phone and your work, your enthusiasm.

I'm open for some tests, feel free to pm me...

Reactions: Andriodfox

Andriodfox

Jan 22, 2021

Kind regards,
Danny

That would be amazing =D.
Would also make the s5neo a real good budget option as its pretty quick and cheep.

I would also be open to testing =).

Last edited:

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
@OLDST4R,
can you share the link for the Polarcell you bought for this phone? I've been looking for a replacement for the longest time.
Thanks

Here you go...

Never do the mistake to buy an "original sammy accu". It's all fake...

Apr 2, 2016
I have been using this ROM for a long time - Lineage-17.1-20200422 ...
Since then, I have been unable to:

1. To transfer applications from user to system and back ...
2. Delete unnecessary system applications ...
3. To install Hposed / Framework, through which many other applications can work ...
4. To have a normal conversation with a low range of mobile network - the other party to tell me that he hears me badly ...

Thanks to everyone who worked hard for this ROM, but they can't help but know about all these shortcomings - I suggest them in the description under "What's working:" to put a sector for DISADVANTAGES ...!
Thanks to everyone, but I will reorient to ROM, where everything will work for me, as well as all my installed hardware ... !!!

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)

Once you have root with Magisk you can use one of many apps that do the job at point 1.
For point 2 you have to port from system to user the app you want to delete.

Time ago I had problems (language settings) with some gapps, ported them from system to user, deleted, renstalled and ported back to system. (I used Apps2SD PRO but there are many other apps that can do the same)

rosrus57

Sep 11, 2015
Once you have root with Magisk you can use one of many apps that do the job at point 1.
For point 2 you have to port from system to user the app you want to delete.

Time ago I had problems (language settings) with some gapps, ported them from system to user, deleted, renstalled and ported back to system. (I used Apps2SD PRO but there are many other apps that can do the same)
I'm very interested in how you transfer applications to the system
with the Apps2SD PRO application, as it immediately tells you that a systemless root has been detected and the work will not happen ...?

Last edited:

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)
I'm very interested in how you transfer applications to the system
with the Apps2SD PRO application, as it immediately tells you that a systemless root has been detected and the work will not happen ...?

I was doing some screenshots to document the steps but seems that I can't do this anymore. I'm sure I moved to system a fake GPS (yes.. I played Pokemon GO a year ago).

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018

3. To install Hposed / Framework, through which many other applications can work ...
4. To have a normal conversation with a low range of mobile network - the other party to tell me that he hears me badly ...

Thanks to everyone who worked hard for this ROM, but they can't help but know about all these shortcomings - I suggest them in the description under "What's working:" to put a sector for DISADVANTAGES ...!
Thanks to everyone, but I will reorient to ROM, where everything will work for me, as well as all my installed hardware ... !!!

Totally disagree with you. Your point 1-3 is without any sense. I suggest to search the www for some keywords, like " systemless root " , or " how magisk works " , " app permissions " . Of course it's possible to transfer user apps to system and / or delete unwanted system apps. There are various ways - yes, they exist. You can mount system in TWRP and do anything what you want there, you can use various magisk modules, ( also for your point 3 ) to reach your goal, you can create your own flashable zips ( like me ) for a complete own customization, can create some addon.d scripts to be sure your mods survive a rom update, could use aroma gapps to delete unwanted system apps and customize your installation - you see - you have nearly unlimited possibilities to get what you want. And the S5Neo is easy to handle, try this on a Pixel 2 or Pixel 4 with LOS 17.1 or 18 , believe me - THIS is real hard work.

I don't want to be rude, but don't put the finger on a dev or rom, say it's buggy like hell because your own knowledge is at a minimal level.

Point 4 is clear, we all know about the mic prob.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Hi @Andriodfox @sekret1 and @0LDST4R (and anyone else who wants to test)

Here is a link to a flashable that will install the stock S5NEO audio processing libs for input:

It also restores the stock mixer paths file, this should hopefully fix your mic issues. It helped hugely on the A5 and A3. You may need to reboot after your first boot if you can't record audio as sometimes it doesn't refresh the audio effects cache immediately.

Here is a flashable that undoes those changes in case it doesn't work and kills your audio (you could also reflash your current LineageOS version):

I have tested these on my A3 and the effects are enabled correctly and work after the added zip (you currently use the A3 mixer file).

Kind regards,
Danny

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
I'm currently having problems with the DynamicsProcessing library.

According to <see attachment 1 below>, it seems as if it hasn't been properly implemented. Could you check whether you have included a commit like <see attachment 2 below>?

Attachment 1: https://github.com/Pittvandewitt/Wavelet/issues/3
Attachment 2: https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/marlin/+/3a44f94401dc3e87732f900046cc97cd0ddee9c3^!/

I will take a look into this.

Kind regards,
Danny

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
I'm currently having problems with the DynamicsProcessing library.

According to <see attachment 1 below>, it seems as if it hasn't been properly implemented. Could you check whether you have included a commit like <see attachment 2 below>?

Attachment 1: https://github.com/Pittvandewitt/Wavelet/issues/3
Attachment 2: https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/marlin/+/3a44f94401dc3e87732f900046cc97cd0ddee9c3^!/

Adding that commit fixes the wavelet app, quite a nice equaliser actually.

I will add the commit to our devices.

Kind regards,
Danny

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I forgot to respond. The setting was just in a different place to where I thought it was.

It should be under lock screen settings? At least it is on my devices.
    Thanks for the hint. I re-enabled this, at last.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 17.1 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HWC

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][10.0] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors
    Stricted, danwood76
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-13
    Last Updated 2020-04-22
    Where to donate? Pm me. Thanks. Incredible.
    my paypal donation link is https://www.paypal.me/Stricted

Looks like some sensors aren't working, see my screenshot.

Not entirely, unfortunately :(

yea sealinux striked again
    here is a new build with working sensors https://mega.nz/file/cFoFUZgB#pKQeaWXcVcauPKdRb3S7i1A87djDoVspvlts0lUDw1I
    Hi
    is it planned that the ROM will get the official status?

Yes
    Logcat generated and sended by PM to you.

How long can this be, before its fixed? Otherwise i will switch to other working rom.

Please switch to another ROM. Asking for an ETA is just rude.
    my paypal donation link is https://www.paypal.me/Stricted

yea sealinux striked again
    here is a new build with working sensors https://mega.nz/file/cFoFUZgB#pKQeaWXcVcauPKdRb3S7i1A87djDoVspvlts0lUDw1I

Allready found it in your and @danwood76 signature. ;)

Donated a few bucks for more coffee. ;)

Any plans to go official? And if so, would it be possible to switch dirty from the unofficial builds? I'm very happy with the official LOS 16 atm, using my S5Neo as business device.

Greetz,

0LDST4R
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone