• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11.0.0_r49] LineageOS 18.1[28-Nov-2021]

Search This thread

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013
Does the FM-radio work on this device?

Edit: So far the ROM seems to work great, I just can't find the LineageOS FM-Radio app, that I did find on other devices.

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013
Bash:
adb install com.caf.fmradio_11-30_minAPI30\(nodpi\)_apkmirror.com.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install com.caf.fmradio_11-30_minAPI30(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk: Failure [INSTAL
L_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY: Reconciliation failed...: Reconcile failed: Package com.caf.fm
radio requires unavailable shared library qcom.fmradio; failing!]

This is what I got when I want to install it manually from here:

Any thoughts?

If I install the FM Radio 11 from Xiaomi or Oneplus, the apk install works, but the apps aren't openable. I can only see it's app info.

Last edited:

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for the answer, than I know it will never work with any of the roms.
This rom looks and works great, so definitely glad to have stumbled upon it and amazing to see even this device is supported!

jartoo84

Jan 9, 2018
hi all, pls help
I still try to install this 18.1 version, but it's always unsuccessful. The only version I can install is 15.1. I have problem to launch 16 and 17 as well.

after the flash 18.1 - there is still the bootlader animation,runs for a few minutes, phone is then automatically restarted and twrp launched again. I cant boot the installed system, atlall.

twrp 3.5.0-9.0

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
hi all, pls help
I still try to install this 18.1 version, but it's always unsuccessful. The only version I can install is 15.1. I have problem to launch 16 and 17 as well.

after the flash 18.1 - there is still the bootlader animation,runs for a few minutes, phone is then automatically restarted and twrp launched again. I cant boot the installed system, atlall.

twrp 3.5.0-9.0
Did you follow the wiki and format data? Wipe system and cache?

Were you running the latest modem firmware before flashing? (Need to be running the latest Android 6 for the s5neo)

Are your touch keys (either side of the home button) broken?

Any of these things can cause your symptoms.

Kind regards,
Danny

jartoo84

Jan 9, 2018
ohh. thanks. I tried to flash it just from v15.1.
So, I will install original rom android 6 and next try will follow.

Last edited:

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
He started a new job and I had a new baby.
I was also wondering but, with such explanations, not anymore... Congrats to both of you :)

One question, though: Will this "unofficial" version show "official" updates later on (when the status changes)? Or do I have to flash it manually?

PS: Was using the September release so far, no flaws, no hickups whatsoever (y)

Mike-san

Nov 24, 2021
Hi all,

First of all I must say I am very impressed by this release - everything works smoothly. You guys are amazing. Having Android 11 on board just even further convinced me to stick to S5 Neo. I haven't noticed any flaws while using most common functions, well... except phone calls (my model is SM-G903F). I hand hoped that switching from LOS 17.1 (I did a fresh install - wiped former ROM) will make a difference, but it seems that problem remains the same (reported by me also in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/big-problem-mic-gain-volume-low-in-lineage-17.4221863/

During phone calls people on the other side can barely hear me or they complain that they have an impression as if I was "fading away". Speakerphone is completely unusable. I tried implementing the flashable file (all versions) compiled by danwood76 in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-sm-g903f-10-0-lineageos-17-1.4082017/page-11 and all I got is slightly better performance while making phone calls, but speakerphone is completely dead.

Guys, is there any workaround to overcome this issue? I'd love to use S5 Neo as my main phone with LOS (I've read about this ROM by accident and after successful install I don't want to revert back to stock version) and do not feel in need to spend extra cash for a new device.

Of course I am willing to test any solutions and report back results :)

Thanks

Reactions: Cycloptic

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013
will there ever be a adapted guide for LOS 18.1? because the file seems to be different then the old one.

Update:
I found the correct file located at:

/system/vendor/etc/mixer_path.xml

This is what I found here, but I can't seem to file at the location on the s5neo.

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013

Flashing the v2 file has boosted the mic, there's also a v3 that is supposed to do something for freehand calls, but can't test this at the moment.

Mike-san

Nov 24, 2021
I have the same issue as Mike-san above, flashing the MICGAIN-higher.zip changed nothing. Very low mic input it seems.

I thought for a while that my phone is damaged... This particular model (or Samsung devices in general) has some kind of fault in it - I'd also go for low mic input. I've looked into those xml files in MICGAIN mods (normal and higher) and some values are slightly boosted.

Flashing the v2 file has boosted the mic, there's also a v3 that is supposed to do something for freehand calls, but can't test this at the moment.

I got the same with V2 version - overall better mic performance during phone calls - people I've talked to said that they now could hear me better than before (with v1 version), but it is still not close to stock quality. I tried v3, but as danwood76 said - it reverts settings to LOS defaults. Call quality is bad as it was before flashing v3, speakerphone is dead as with other versions. No luck there.

Reactions: wvanstraalen

jartoo84

Jan 9, 2018
installed, nice. Thx

I woud like to try gear vr with this phone, is that possible? Is for s6,s7. any tips how to use it with s5?
Oculus app does not react ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

###########################################################
    Note: This is the first time I am building a ROM. My initial plan was to build it just for personal use. But since it is stable, I decided to share it with whoever is interested. I am not sure how often I will be updating it. But, I will try to do it every month. I added LineageOS recovery even though I do not use it at all. It can be downloaded if desired.

What's working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Selinux enforcing

What's not working:
    • Nothing I am aware of.

Possible issue:
    • If phone does not connect to network, reset APN.
      • Go to settings->Mobile Network -> Advanced -> "Access point names" -> "3 dots" -> "Reset to default".

Flashing Instructions:
    • Copy Lineage zip to phone.
    • (Optional) Copy bit gapps to phone.
    • Boot TWRP
    • Backup things you want to keep.
    • Tap Install -> Select LineageOS zip (and optionally, gapps)
    • Swipe to flash
    • Reboot system now
    • First boot, especially with Gapps, may take a while.

Downloads:
    LineageOS 18.1
    Optional: Bit Gapps. This is the only gapps that has 32bit for android 11 AFAIK.
    Optional: Lineageos recovery

Sources:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

s5neolte lineage-18.1 branches
    Fincer branch : android_device_samsung_s5neolte_lineageOS

XDADevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors

The authors and maintainers of s5neolte gerrit branch PixelBoot, Stricted, danwood76, Borduni, Fincer

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2021-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-11-28
    Changelogs

13-Sep-2021
    - September security update
    - Update Lineage sources.

- August security update.

- July security update
    - Update Lineage sources.
    - NFC fix applied. Thanks @Fincer

- Added "Night Light" to display settings.

- Initial release
    For now i cant test it cause i had to put back the latest stable official rom from Samsung on this spare phone, but, good work, keep it up. I'll try it for sure soon or later. (y)

Maybe you could even try to reach out / join forces with Stricted and the others if that could simplify all of you guys' work on the roms. Idk, just saying. :)
    We have already completed the 11 bringup. This thread is really just a build of that work.

Regards,
    Danny
    same here, And i flash to odin and get back to 17.1 which is more stable, I have a bad experience on this one. When you are on LOS 18.1 and wish to flash 17.1 you can't access your internal after the flash of 17.1 it says access denied, Also my 256GB Sandisk card ended up corrupted on 18.1 however when i connect my sdcard to computer my sdcard is not corrupted. And i flash the firmware from odin and my sdcard was working fine.
    You cannot downgrade 18.1 -> 17.1. Nor can you flash unofficial builds over the top of official builds (without a special migration zip). You will always get permissions issues and app crashes doing either of those things.

In 18.1 only exFAT is really supported for large SD volumes. What format is your SD card?

I have done some builds for the S5NEO which are what will end up as the official releases. Are you able to re-test with that build? Available HERE.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    I use swap on 18.1 LOS on your room for some reason swap helps a lot to me. However I get this random reboots does this rom of yours support swap in kernel?
    Swap/Zram is already enabled, don't use any crappy third party apps that enable it because they will do it wrong.

With regards to the reboot, use the latest version from my mega drive as there was a bug in the sdfat driver in older releases.

Kind regards,
    Danny