• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11.0.0_r49] LineageOS 18.1[28-Nov-2021]

Search This thread

What?

i-see-no-problem-here-crazy-eyes.gif

:ROFLMAO: Amazing! I had seen that first page probably 5 times in the last month but that typo totally escaped me.

And, henceforth, you shall be known as

HAWKEYE

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013
I thought for a while that my phone is damaged... This particular model (or Samsung devices in general) has some kind of fault in it - I'd also go for low mic input. I've looked into those xml files in MICGAIN mods (normal and higher) and some values are slightly boosted.

I got the same with V2 version - overall better mic performance during phone calls - people I've talked to said that they now could hear me better than before (with v1 version), but it is still not close to stock quality. I tried v3, but as danwood76 said - it reverts settings to LOS defaults. Call quality is bad as it was before flashing v3, speakerphone is dead as with other versions. No luck there.

Did you try any of the LOS 17 versions? I myself have only tried 18, and wondered if it was worth flashing 17 if it fixes the microphone, especially the speakerphone. Those are kinda important if you want to use the phone on a daily basis, so I will see if there exists any quickfix or whether I have to flash to an earlier version of either LOS or in worst case the stock image.

ivan_086

Aug 26, 2021
hello all,
my experience with this rom was ok.
microphone works better res with os 17.1, do someone knows how to flash 17.1 from lineage recovery rom?
is adb sideload the only method?
Never flashed a device that way, do you have advices?
thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

###########################################################
    Note: This is the first time I am building a ROM. My initial plan was to build it just for personal use. But since it is stable, I decided to share it with whoever is interested. I am not sure how often I will be updating it. But, I will try to do it every month. I added LineageOS recovery even though I do not use it at all. It can be downloaded if desired.

What's working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Selinux enforcing

What's not working:
    • Nothing I am aware of.

Possible issue:
    • If phone does not connect to network, reset APN.
      • Go to settings->Mobile Network -> Advanced -> "Access point names" -> "3 dots" -> "Reset to default".

Flashing Instructions:
    • Copy Lineage zip to phone.
    • (Optional) Copy bit gapps to phone.
    • Boot TWRP
    • Backup things you want to keep.
    • Tap Install -> Select LineageOS zip (and optionally, gapps)
    • Swipe to flash
    • Reboot system now
    • First boot, especially with Gapps, may take a while.

Downloads:
    LineageOS 18.1
    Optional: Bit Gapps. This is the only gapps that has 32bit for android 11 AFAIK.
    Optional: Lineageos recovery

Sources:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

s5neolte lineage-18.1 branches
    Fincer branch : android_device_samsung_s5neolte_lineageOS

XDADevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors

The authors and maintainers of s5neolte gerrit branch PixelBoot, Stricted, danwood76, Borduni, Fincer

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2021-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-11-28
    Changelogs

13-Sep-2021
    - September security update
    - Update Lineage sources.

- August security update.

- July security update
    - Update Lineage sources.
    - NFC fix applied. Thanks @Fincer

- Added "Night Light" to display settings.

- Initial release
    For now i cant test it cause i had to put back the latest stable official rom from Samsung on this spare phone, but, good work, keep it up. I'll try it for sure soon or later. (y)

Maybe you could even try to reach out / join forces with Stricted and the others if that could simplify all of you guys' work on the roms. Idk, just saying. :)
    We have already completed the 11 bringup. This thread is really just a build of that work.

Regards,
    Danny
    same here, And i flash to odin and get back to 17.1 which is more stable, I have a bad experience on this one. When you are on LOS 18.1 and wish to flash 17.1 you can't access your internal after the flash of 17.1 it says access denied, Also my 256GB Sandisk card ended up corrupted on 18.1 however when i connect my sdcard to computer my sdcard is not corrupted. And i flash the firmware from odin and my sdcard was working fine.
    You cannot downgrade 18.1 -> 17.1. Nor can you flash unofficial builds over the top of official builds (without a special migration zip). You will always get permissions issues and app crashes doing either of those things.

In 18.1 only exFAT is really supported for large SD volumes. What format is your SD card?

I have done some builds for the S5NEO which are what will end up as the official releases. Are you able to re-test with that build? Available HERE.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    I use swap on 18.1 LOS on your room for some reason swap helps a lot to me. However I get this random reboots does this rom of yours support swap in kernel?
    Swap/Zram is already enabled, don't use any crappy third party apps that enable it because they will do it wrong.

With regards to the reboot, use the latest version from my mega drive as there was a bug in the sdfat driver in older releases.

Kind regards,
    Danny