[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11.0.0_r49] LineageOS 18.1[28-Nov-2021]

Search This thread

Beta123MAX

Apr 30, 2018
When I booted for the first time with this rom on my SM-G903W, it didn't boot and just displayed a black screen! Is this supposed to happen or is this a bug?
No.

I'd recommend to get the latest of Danny's build (link to LOS 18.1 Ax10 thread above).
Then wipe everything (Cache, Data, System).
Install and reboot without installing anything else. It should boot properly.

Reactions: vlad3647

P4tris

Oct 2, 2022
Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

###########################################################
Note: This is the first time I am building a ROM. My initial plan was to build it just for personal use. But since it is stable, I decided to share it with whoever is interested. I am not sure how often I will be updating it. But, I will try to do it every month. I added LineageOS recovery even though I do not use it at all. It can be downloaded if desired.

What's working:
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • GPS
  • Vibration
  • Wifi Hotspot
  • Selinux enforcing

What's not working:
  • Nothing I am aware of.

Possible issue:
  • If phone does not connect to network, reset APN.
    • Go to settings->Mobile Network -> Advanced -> "Access point names" -> "3 dots" -> "Reset to default".

Flashing Instructions:
  • Copy Lineage zip to phone.
  • (Optional) Copy bit gapps to phone.
  • Boot TWRP
  • Backup things you want to keep.
  • Tap Install -> Select LineageOS zip (and optionally, gapps)
  • Swipe to flash
  • Reboot system now
  • First boot, especially with Gapps, may take a while.

Downloads:
LineageOS 18.1
Optional: Bit Gapps. This is the only gapps that has 32bit for android 11 AFAIK.
Optional: Lineageos recovery

Sources:
https://github.com/LineageOS

s5neolte lineage-18.1 branches
Fincer branch : android_device_samsung_s5neolte_lineageOS

XDADevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors

The authors and maintainers of s5neolte gerrit branch PixelBoot, Stricted, danwood76, Borduni, Fincer

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Testing

2021-06-16
Last Updated 2021-11-28

If the Samsung S5 supports SM-G900FQ or not, which rom should I use for performance, can you please help?​

Beta123MAX

Apr 30, 2018
Do you have the Danny's build link,thanks
The MEGA links are in the OP post of the Ax10 thread. The MEGA folder includes the S5neo builds in the corresponding sub folder.

vlad3647

Feb 28, 2012
The MEGA links are in the OP post of the Ax10 thread. The MEGA folder includes the S5neo builds in the corresponding sub folder.
thanks

ItsNovaLOL!

Sep 23, 2022
This ROM also displays a black screen!

roby19

Jan 16, 2016
the new twrp, 3.7.0_9-0 for s5 neo needs to be repaired, it does not start with any RoM available.
go to recovery, 3.6.2, delete Cache, data and System, the RoM to load and the lineage-18.1-20220819-UNOFFICIAL-s5neolte, for the gapps download the open gapps-arm, restart.

FRQD75

Mar 20, 2022
First thanks for the work here, great thing!

I have an S5 Neo 903F for my daughter and successfully flashed
* TWRP 3.6.2
* Danys latest version (lineage-18.1-20220819-UNOFFICIAL-s5neolte.zip)
* latest GAPPS pico

Basically it works, but I have no NFC and neither GPS any more? The symbols are simply missing in the system icon drop down at the top?
Is this kind of "normal"? Do I miss something?

If this is a stupid question, please forgive me, am only a user of LOS and am not so deep inside this.

Best regards
QD

FRQD75

Mar 20, 2022
..tested some more:
LOS 17.1: Same prob, neither GPS, nor NFC
GApps Mini: Same

Stock ROM: All fine, GPS and NFC working.

In TWRP I just did wipe -> factory reset after I re-installed the stock ROM and booted it.

-------
Do you all really have working GPS with the latest software here?
If yes, what could be my fault?

=====
Sorry, seems I posted wrongly here.
Topic is now in Q&A: link

Last edited:

FRQD75

Mar 20, 2022
Ok, but what could be the reason?
I have a fully working phone with stock ROM.
Then with LOS 17 or LOS 18, GPS and NFC are gone.

I am only a user, so I have not really a cue, what could be the fault?

Isn't this proprietary Samsung driver stuff? How does it end up in LOS to work there?

FRQD75

Mar 20, 2022
G903FXXU2BRH2 ... same :(

My prob is now, that I bought this device for my daughter and now am not able to make it work.
I was not willing to pay for a new device and to support the philosophy of the manufacturers with their short support.

So I thought, "buy a used device for less than 50€ and install LOS".
Seems, I will be forced to buy a new one now, as I don't want to have the same experience again with another device I would buy instead just to have other problems with LOS again.

And I spent soooo much time now, it really is annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: SigmundDroid

SigmundDroid

Sep 25, 2015
Fairphone
Samsung Galaxy S5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh damned, I am soooo....soooooooo stupid!

In LOS 18.1, the GPS and NFC icon is not any more a default icon in the status tray... I had to move it up again and there it is now! :cautious:
    This one, I guess? LINK

Ok, then let's go for the basics:
    Roby, what was your sequence?

Mine is:
    0. prepared an SDCard with lineage-18.1-20220819-UNOFFICIAL-s5neolte.zip and GApps pico
    1. Odin-Install stock rom SM-G903F_DTM_G903FXXU2BRH2_G903FDDX2BRH2_G903FXXU2BRH2_G903FXXU2BRH2
    2. Boot it, go through the initial setup without WLAN and without adding a google account
    3. Enable DevOts, Enable USB Debug and OEM unlock
    4. Shutdown
    5. Start into downloadmanager (power+home+VolUp) and Odin Install TWRP-3.6.2 as AP
    6. Boot into TWRP
    6a) Wiped Data (tried it also with default wipe, no diff)
    6b) zip-installed lineage and GApps
    7. reboot,
    go through the initial setup without WLAN and without adding a google account
    8. Enable DevOpts, ->Enable USB Debug and OEM unlock
    9. Reboot
    10. setup Wifi and setup google user

This did not work for GPS and NFC
    go to recovery twrp ...
    wipe, dalvik, art cache, cache, data, internal storage, system.
    restart in recovery
    install lineage-18.1-20220819-UNOFFICIAL-s5neolte.zip
    restart in recovery
    install gapps open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico
    wipe, dalvik, art cache
    reboot, system
    perform the initial configuration, skip everything until the system starts ...
    reboot recovery, go to Advance, fix contexts, go
    quit, reboot, system.
    this is the procedure, which I have done ald other users and everything works.
    Oh damned, I am soooo....soooooooo stupid!

In LOS 18.1, the GPS and NFC icon is not any more a default icon in the status tray... I had to move it up again and there it is now! :cautious:
    Such a thing can happen to everyone (at least I already did), don't worry ;)
    ОФИЦИАЛЕН][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11.0.0_r43] LineageOS 18.1
    Инсталирах го през 2021 г., но ето го в края на 2022 г., приложението ми за банкиране вече не иска да работи. Пише, че имам премахнати системни защити. Това се случва, без да го вкоренявам още, без да инсталирам Magisk върху него...
    Може ли някой да помогне? Благодаря!
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

###########################################################
    Note: This is the first time I am building a ROM. My initial plan was to build it just for personal use. But since it is stable, I decided to share it with whoever is interested. I am not sure how often I will be updating it. But, I will try to do it every month. I added LineageOS recovery even though I do not use it at all. It can be downloaded if desired.

What's working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Selinux enforcing

What's not working:
    • Nothing I am aware of.

Possible issue:
    • If phone does not connect to network, reset APN.
      • Go to settings->Mobile Network -> Advanced -> "Access point names" -> "3 dots" -> "Reset to default".

Flashing Instructions:
    • Copy Lineage zip to phone.
    • (Optional) Copy bit gapps to phone.
    • Boot TWRP
    • Backup things you want to keep.
    • Tap Install -> Select LineageOS zip (and optionally, gapps)
    • Swipe to flash
    • Reboot system now
    • First boot, especially with Gapps, may take a while.

Downloads:
    LineageOS 18.1
    Optional: Bit Gapps. This is the only gapps that has 32bit for android 11 AFAIK.
    Optional: Lineageos recovery

Sources:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

s5neolte lineage-18.1 branches
    Fincer branch : android_device_samsung_s5neolte_lineageOS

XDADevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][11] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors

The authors and maintainers of s5neolte gerrit branch PixelBoot, Stricted, danwood76, Borduni, Fincer

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2021-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-11-28
    Changelogs

13-Sep-2021
    - September security update
    - Update Lineage sources.

- August security update.

- July security update
    - Update Lineage sources.
    - NFC fix applied. Thanks @Fincer

- Added "Night Light" to display settings.

- Initial release
    For now i cant test it cause i had to put back the latest stable official rom from Samsung on this spare phone, but, good work, keep it up. I'll try it for sure soon or later. (y)

Maybe you could even try to reach out / join forces with Stricted and the others if that could simplify all of you guys' work on the roms. Idk, just saying. :)
    We have already completed the 11 bringup. This thread is really just a build of that work.

Regards,
    Danny
    I have got NFC working (s5neolte/Lineage OS 18.1), see my GitHub repository for details. After all, minor tweaks applied to current NFC [email protected] file and SELinux policy seem to be enough.

I have had a quick look over your changes.

The NFC sepolicy stuff doesn't look right to me (it may work but there is probably a simpler/correct way to fix it). I am guessing that an NFC file was incorrectly labelled, what were the original denials you were getting? I could probably fix our SEPolicy properly. It may be that Jan was in permissive when he made the original commits (I have usually taken care of the SEPolicy stuff).

The "patch_tcpsockettracker-crash.patch" fudges round a kernel bug which I should really get round to fixing, I think it is only a few picks (I might take a look at it tomorrow).

BTW running "device/samsung/universal7580-common/extract-files.sh" on an S5NEO stock firmware will probably break stuff, we use the A510F nougat as the source of the common files (our kernel is also based on the A510F). Running the extract scripts from the latest LOS version should work fine but it is actually better to simply use themuppets repo as that has our 18.1 changes already.

As you gathered the call recording feature is disabled in a lot of countries due to legality. For example it is illegal in Germany, Sweden, and lots of other countries.

Also if you fix anything you can always push your changes to gerrit and we can review/merge ;)

Kind regards,
    Danny
    same here, And i flash to odin and get back to 17.1 which is more stable, I have a bad experience on this one. When you are on LOS 18.1 and wish to flash 17.1 you can't access your internal after the flash of 17.1 it says access denied, Also my 256GB Sandisk card ended up corrupted on 18.1 however when i connect my sdcard to computer my sdcard is not corrupted. And i flash the firmware from odin and my sdcard was working fine.
    You cannot downgrade 18.1 -> 17.1. Nor can you flash unofficial builds over the top of official builds (without a special migration zip). You will always get permissions issues and app crashes doing either of those things.

In 18.1 only exFAT is really supported for large SD volumes. What format is your SD card?

I have done some builds for the S5NEO which are what will end up as the official releases. Are you able to re-test with that build? Available HERE.

Kind regards,
    Danny