Search This thread

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neoltexx][SM-G903F][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Contributors
Stricted
Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos7580/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-26
Last Updated 2017-06-05

Last edited:

Incineroar

Sep 24, 2012
pushingbuttons.tech
nice job buddy
should be a clean flash, right?

Yeah, if you're coming from stock you'll want to do a clean flash. We're working on squashing out the last of the bugs but there are a few stubborn ones.

Edit: @Stricted you may want to fix this typo:

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neoltexx][SM-G903F][7.1] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

In addition, is this updated from the version you sent me earlier today that fixed the regressions I found?

Last edited:
Reactions: martynb416

rush9935

Nov 30, 2013
Quebec
Small question ?

For installing the Rom...

Clean flash ...
Install the build..
And the Gapps...
What is the ( Extras ):confused:

Can someone help me please....

thx

goosnarrggh

Jul 25, 2016
Any estimate as to whether or not this could work with the Canadian variant (SM-G903W)? Or a guess as to what contribution might be required to create something that would work?

Incineroar

Sep 24, 2012
pushingbuttons.tech
Any estimate as to whether or not this could work with the Canadian variant (SM-G903W)? Or a guess as to what contribution might be required to create something that would work?

I'm testing the compatibility of the ROM on a G903W Canadian variant and can confirm it's operational with just the same bugs everyone else has. I'd really like to get to the bottom of the mic issue though, mine just outright doesn't pick up anything, even if I attach a Bluetooth headset with a mic on it.

Edit: Performed another test as I had some issues earlier, and now it's just audio that sounds like it's being recorded in slow motion. It's understandable but it isn't quite right. I would take a look at the sources but after downloading a number of them I only have 6GB free on my partition. I may have to move it all over to an external hard drive first before I can do anything.

Last edited:

kaodd

Dec 27, 2010
Bergen
Vivo V9
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm testing the compatibility of the ROM on a G903W Canadian variant and can confirm it's operational with just the same bugs everyone else has. I'd really like to get to the bottom of the mic issue though, mine just outright doesn't pick up anything, even if I attach a Bluetooth headset with a mic on it.

Edit: Performed another test as I had some issues earlier, and now it's just audio that sounds like it's being recorded in slow motion. It's understandable but it isn't quite right. I would take a look at the sources but after downloading a number of them I only have 6GB free on my partition. I may have to move it all over to an external hard drive first before I can do anything.
search etter microphone issues in android is a never ending story seems like :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neoltexx][SM-G903F][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Contributors
    Stricted
    Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos7580/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-26
    Last Updated 2017-06-05
    i have good and bad news
    the good ones first:
    i will continue to work on the rom soon
    probably in a week

now the bad news:
    almost all of my data hard drives died expcept one (it has alot of Uncorrectable Sectors and Reallocated Sectors, also i have no warranty left on the drives)
    and the worst: its my mainboards fault, the sata controller is faulty and loves to destroy drives
    since i have no money to buy a new computer (which is quite expensive) i have to orh with that
    and that means if the last drive dies im unable to continue to maintain the rom

the above goes hand in hand with my current situation which made me unable to work on the rom for the last months
    i currently have no job and i was on search, that was the reason why i was unable to work on the rom (got that question from a few ppl)

so if my pc dies compleetely i wont be able to work on this rom further until i found a job to buy a new pc (i hope the pc wont die anytime soon)

hope i was able to bring a bit of clearance in here why there was no real progress over the last months
    i love how ignorant ppl are in terms of reading
    now is the point that im going to ignore and request the deletion of bug report posts
    all the time ppl reporting the same well known bugs

are you guys just too lazy to read?
    and the next thing is working on oreo/8.1.0
    we have a working camera now :D
    well more or less working, it crashes if i try to take a picture