[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][S8/S8+][10.0]Havoc-OS[BETA]

Search This thread

kumar_ptx

Aug 29, 2016
kolkata
Anyone got a fix for instagram/messenger camera taking very long to load? Any fixes for this?

never had that problem.. neither heard of that..

did u clean flashed the rom?
try clearing data of the app and see if that solvs the problem.

* gcam for aosp on s8 series have bugs but not for ig or messenger

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Anybody experiencing overheating while playing hard games like mobile legends? My phone heats abput 43°C. Is this normal. By the way i really like this rom. Battery is also good i can play longer. The only problem is heating

are you using overclocked kernel ? that can have over heating issues..

but since u are playing an graphics intensive game which requires constant 4g data or wifi the phone will heat up a bit.. 43 degrees is normal i guess.. just try not playing games with ur mobile back cover on because that restricts the phone from dissipating heat tho.

Reactions: raynherrera

raynherrera

Jul 23, 2013
Recycle Bin
are you using overclocked kernel ? that can have over heating issues..

but since u are playing an graphics intensive game which requires constant 4g data or wifi the phone will heat up a bit.. 43 degrees is normal i guess.. just try not playing games with ur mobile back cover on because that restricts the phone from dissipating heat tho.

Im using the stock havoc kernel. I think its because of the high resolution 1440p. How can i change the resolution to 1080p?

kumar_ptx

Aug 29, 2016
kolkata
Im using the stock havoc kernel. I think its because of the high resolution 1440p. How can i change the resolution to 1080p?

Well i think u cant.. may be u can go to telegram group of havoc and ask there... but let me tell u changing res will have no significant effect on ur battery life or heating issue. still if u want then just try it out :)

pierpa86

Sep 30, 2007
Its only me or someone else have this problem ?
When phone go out of battery (0%) if i connect the charging cable the phone boot to bootloader.

raynherrera

Jul 23, 2013
Recycle Bin
Well i think u cant.. may be u can go to telegram group of havoc and ask there... but let me tell u changing res will have no significant effect on ur battery life or heating issue. still if u want then just try it out :)

Is it the gpu will process more on QHD res Than FHD? Im using this rom on gaming and i have overheating and low fps issue on QHD . Changing the resolution fixed the problem. Same battery life though

Couuette

Aug 23, 2016
I've been using this rom as a daily driver for almost a month now. It's been an interesting experience. I'm completely in love with the pure AOSP feeling, the battery usage is (imo) way better than with stock. The only inconvenience is the camera. I don't know what causes all these dysfunctions, but trying to shoot something with the camera (with any app, could it be Footej or even Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Photoshop... actually any app) is at best a laggy and painful experience, at worst completely unusable.
It's the only inconvenience I could see. I think I've encountered some fails with long voice communications through WhatsApp, too.
And yes, I've clean flashed the rom, even tried to reinstall it several times and cleaned all the cache and data you can think of.

But overall, it's a great experience.

Levi2M

Jun 22, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
hi guys, just for some feedback here

I'm using this rom as my daily driver and it's awesome
really, it rocks on every aspect besides some minor issues

like, one feature that I really miss is face unlock
iris unlock I know it's impossible on custom ROMs, but face unlock? c'mon guys

but besides that, perfect
I'm an web developer and this opened so many options for my main development

if you have any questions about this rom, just PM me or reply, I'll be glad to contribute here

thnx everyone
peace out

Reactions: UmarBurney

UmarBurney

May 29, 2014
Rawalpindi
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
hi guys, just for some feedback here

I'm using this rom as my daily driver and it's awesome
really, it rocks on every aspect besides some minor issues

like, one feature that I really miss is face unlock
iris unlock I know it's impossible on custom ROMs, but face unlock? c'mon guys

but besides that, perfect
I'm an web developer and this opened so many options for my main development

if you have any questions about this rom, just PM me or reply, I'll be glad to contribute here

thnx everyone
peace out

How's the camera performance?

Levi2M

Jun 22, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
How's the camera performance?

man, it sucks
im using 'Camera Go' for now that i download here, and works sometimes.
othertimes it just doesnt even open the camera
and the apps with camera2 api will not work greatfully, like instagram and whatsapp

but, in performance and battery consuming its just better in every way
still the best rom i've tried in this phone

ManWithTheSmile

Feb 2, 2011
Belgrade/Athens
This is the best ROM ever i had, for all my previous phones, android variants....Even the camera has a problems (gallery too) and some minor bugs i love it, battery life is amazing for me 2-4 days even Nokia has no battery life like that :D Performance very very good...!!!

Cryslin111

Sep 30, 2015
This is the best ROM ever i had, for all my previous phones, android variants....Even the camera has a problems (gallery too) and some minor bugs i love it, battery life is amazing for me 2-4 days even Nokia has no battery life like that :D Performance very very good...!!!

Good to hear that, hopefully next update will be more stable and fix few issues...

XDAz3r0

Oct 1, 2018
Top of screen not responding after flashing

Just flashed the rom and it works perfectly, aside from the fact that I can't pull down the notification panel anymore. Tried flashing other roms (LOS 17.1 and AlexisRom 8.7), booting into safe mode and changing users etc, nothing worked. Would like to know a fix, thank you.

Apr 30, 2018
Can you use s-health, samsung pass or galaxy wearable app???
None of them, because the proprietary parts (blobs) are intentionally removed (that's the point of ROMs like Havoc anf LOS, open source and free from big data, unless you actively go for it).
I also don't know about any Magisk module, that enables these function.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Havoc OS 3.2
    Based on Android 10

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

ABOUT

Havoc-OS is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI by @SKULSHADY.
    So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
    All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
    Just flash and enjoy...

INSTALL

Make sure you have a TWRP installed
    Download the latest Havoc-OS Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash Havoc-OS Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

DOWNLOAD

S8 GDrive | MEGA
    S8+ GDrive | MEGA
    GApps

SOURCE

Havoc-OS Source
    Device Source

Our telegram group
    If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time. Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug. Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording. Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.
    If you want to donate me:
    PayPal link
    Webmoney:
    Z687183244249
    R261696948858
    CHANGELOG:

• Updated havoc sources
    • Added bionic and art optimizations to improve performance.
    • Reduced the level of security checks from 3 to 1 when loading SQLite. This improves sqlite performance by ~ 44%.
    • Fix optimizing XML Pull Parser processing acceleration. Increase stability.
    • Reduced timings for various actions to speed up the system. System acceleration.
    • Fixes for optimizing AbsListView processing.
    • Fix display animation loading. Memory leak fixes.
    • Many minor fixes that affect the stability of the phone.
    • fixed bt calls

fixed sooo much S8+ kernel issues
      -Snap camera changed to fixed cm camera
      -updated havoc sources to 3.2
      -other minor fixes

-fixed stock camera video recording
      -fixed wakeup by hard press
      -updated havoc sources

-Initial release
    Soooo s8 and s8+ builds is up. Enjoy :)
    New s8 build is up. S8+ build will be ready in the evening
    S8+ build is up