[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][S8/S8+][10.0]Havoc-OS[BETA]

Search This thread

zarxyx

Jun 2, 2018
Help

ROM is really great, probably best OS i have used on my s8. ??
Needs some help to turn down the lcd density.
It's set to 560, i tried changing values with build prop and in mtweaks app, but it remains 560.

Last edited:

JerichoKru

Jan 14, 2012
Issues I've had so far:

[Lineage and Havoc] - Signal icon. This is "fixed" by switching preferred network mode from 3G to LTE (why is it defaulting to 3G anyway?)
[H] - LiveDisplay not functional.
[H] - "Suspend Actions -> Disable mobile data" under Havoc Battery Saving seems to disable wifi and not mobile data as expected
[L and H] - Ambient display only seems to work very breifly after first start (will switch to it if you don't immediately unlock)
[L? and H] - occasional unlocking delay with fingerprint (vibration but takes a second or two to move from the lockscreen)
[H] - Turning on the compass tile breaks the system (can't turn it off and all I can do it pull up/down the notification bar)
[H] - SD card notification shows up on every boot (more of an annoyance)
[L and H] - Ting APN is not the recommended one, and doesn't work unless I manually add the "One APN profile" option https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/205428698-GSM-Android-APN-setup-guide#ONE (though this is an upstream Lineage issue)

That's all I can think of so far, I'll be back if I can find more things.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

ROM is really great, probably best OS i have used on my s8.
Needs some help to turn down the lcd density.
It's set to 560, i tried changing values with build prop and in mtweaks app, but it remains 560.

Try Settings -> Display -> Display Size.
Might want to check the Font Size right above that as well.

Last edited:

zarxyx

Jun 2, 2018
Issues I've had so far:

[Lineage and Havoc] - Signal icon. This is "fixed" by switching preferred network mode from 3G to LTE (why is it defaulting to 3G anyway?)
[H] - LiveDisplay not functional.
[H] - "Suspend Actions -> Disable mobile data" under Havoc Battery Saving seems to disable wifi and not mobile data as expected
[L and H] - Ambient display only seems to work very breifly after first start (will switch to it if you don't immediately unlock)
[L? and H] - occasional unlocking delay with fingerprint (vibration but takes a second or two to move from the lockscreen)
[H] - Turning on the compass tile breaks the system (can't turn it off and all I can do it pull up/down the notification bar)
[H] - SD card notification shows up on every boot (more of an annoyance)
[L and H] - Ting APN is not the recommended one, and doesn't work unless I manually add the "One APN profile" option https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/205428698-GSM-Android-APN-setup-guide#ONE (though this is an upstream Lineage issue)

That's all I can think of so far, I'll be back if I can find more things.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Try Settings -> Display -> Display Size.
Might want to check the Font Size right above that as well.

No, it's still 560...

Z1C4

May 16, 2010
Good afternoon, does anyone know what this icon means?
Thanks and sorry for the English translation
Screenshot-1.jpg

Someguy14201

Nov 9, 2018
gonna upgrade from lightrom, been having tons of issues lately, hope this doesn't brick my device or anything, thanks man, will be giving an update once I'm done installing.

EDIT: Love this ROM, only things bothering me are the compatibility issues with some of my apps so I guess I'll be reverting back unfortunately, I would definitely daily this ROM.

Last edited:

pierpa86

Sep 30, 2007
Can i update build without wipe all ?

Yes you can,
Wipe System
Wipe Cache

Flash Havoc
Flash Gaps
Flash Magisk
Flash YouTube Vanced
Finish !:highfive:

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

I can’t understand in any way - the smartphone starts to reboot on its own ... Maybe someone faced this problem and defeated it?

You can try....
Update your phone to the last stock Android version
Update your recovery to the last version (i'm using SKY HAWK)

Wipe all !
Flash Havoc
Flash Gaps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Havoc OS 3.2
    Based on Android 10

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

ABOUT

Havoc-OS is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI by @SKULSHADY.
    So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
    All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
    Just flash and enjoy...

INSTALL

Make sure you have a TWRP installed
    Download the latest Havoc-OS Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash Havoc-OS Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

DOWNLOAD

S8 GDrive | MEGA
    S8+ GDrive | MEGA
    GApps

SOURCE

Havoc-OS Source
    Device Source

Our telegram group
    If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time. Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug. Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording. Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.
    If you want to donate me:
    PayPal link
    Webmoney:
    Z687183244249
    R261696948858
    CHANGELOG:

• Updated havoc sources
    • Added bionic and art optimizations to improve performance.
    • Reduced the level of security checks from 3 to 1 when loading SQLite. This improves sqlite performance by ~ 44%.
    • Fix optimizing XML Pull Parser processing acceleration. Increase stability.
    • Reduced timings for various actions to speed up the system. System acceleration.
    • Fixes for optimizing AbsListView processing.
    • Fix display animation loading. Memory leak fixes.
    • Many minor fixes that affect the stability of the phone.
    • fixed bt calls

fixed sooo much S8+ kernel issues
      -Snap camera changed to fixed cm camera
      -updated havoc sources to 3.2
      -other minor fixes

-fixed stock camera video recording
      -fixed wakeup by hard press
      -updated havoc sources

-Initial release
    Soooo s8 and s8+ builds is up. Enjoy :)
    New s8 build is up. S8+ build will be ready in the evening
    S8+ build is up