[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][S8/S8+][10.0]Havoc-OS[BETA]

Search This thread

Joesh.lucas

Nov 18, 2019
Just use magisk module "safetypatch", that's enough for Netflix to appear in the store and for gpay to work!

Rename the following file:

/system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so to /liboemcrypto.so.bak

I'm not sure if this would make too much of a difference but under "Preferred network type" my default was for 3G. Have you checked that you're on a 4G/LTE network?

Or you can go through a Magisk module "liboemencrypto.so disabler" which doesn't touch any system file (but has the same affect as the comment above)

The issue isn't if Netflix is on the app store but if Netflix will play, without disabling liboemencrypt.so Netflix won't play any videos (on my S8)

Thank you! I'll try this right away.
But i do remember that last time i tried it on an AOSP rom (R.R. by yuruz also), i never got to play HD videos. I'll come back in a while for results.

Update:
I tried doing everything, i tried changing the permission of liboemcrypto as well (including the filename from .so to .so.bak) and still, nothing worked) :< any more suggestions ? :<

update:
liboemcrypto.so (even when root explorer app had root access) when deleted, will still come back the moment you restart the phone. I'm using an S8. the file size is 0kb and there seems to be nothing written inside (must be because of the patch from magisk). I'll try downloading the APK to see if it works.

update:
I downloaded the apk, it says "This device is not supported by the app."
Note:
i have both modules (the disabler and safety patch)
i cant rename the file, because everything i try to, it says another file is already existing (tried overwriting it too, still, the file cannot be renamed)
Does netflix work for you guys?

Update(Probably the final one):
I got it to work when i reinstalled the module for the disabler, BUT, manually searching the term "Netflix" on playstore doesnt make it appear, although when I searched "drm info", the app (playstore) randomly recommended me Netflix. I was able to download it from there. Oh and, yeah, the videos play. I'm not sure whether it's HD or 540p, Can someone tell me the difference between the two? like, the actual comparison or something? it looks pretty much the same even if HD is 720p (Note: i have an HD account, but i really think it's more on the 540p side than 720p)

I'll just add this one too, apparently this rom has widevine l3, is there any chances for future updates that will make it to widevine l1 for HD support? Just asking.. (I hope I didn't sound rude)

Thank you again for the people who suggested stuff for this to get fixed. Also, thank you devs for such a great rom! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: SevenD2

Komariii

Feb 1, 2020
Phone problem?

Great work on the ROM, have been using it as a daily for a while now. Something weird though, I can't recieve calls but I can recieve SMS just fine. Tried setting phone to google dialer from play store and also setting it back to default phone app, but I still can't be called. Any help would be appreciated

papi54

Dec 25, 2010
Tamási
papidroid.hu
Phone calling problem

Great work on the ROM, have been using it as a daily for a while now. Something weird though, I can't recieve calls but I can recieve SMS just fine. Tried setting phone to google dialer from play store and also setting it back to default phone app, but I still can't be called. Any help would be appreciated

The situation is similar to me, only I can receive calls, but my incoming call is silent. Even though the ringtone and maximum volume are set, it does not ring when called!:confused::confused:

Last edited:

CHiBLaST

Oct 7, 2014
Thanks for the rom. Its really great to use. no stability issues so far except fingerprint sensor wakes up device a bit slower. is there a way to undervolt the cpu voltages? because my battery is old and it doesnt hold much capacity (about 2500 mah according to accubattery) so it just drains fast while playing games. setcpu isnt working either. it would be nice if i can undervolt the cpu to squeeze more battery life.

Gocoun

Feb 12, 2020
Phone problem try this...

Go to "Apps & Notifications" --> "Default apps"--> "Phone app" and set your phone app to default, this should work.

Apr 30, 2018
Thank you! I'll try this right away.
But i do remember that last time i tried it on an AOSP rom (R.R. by yuruz also), i never got to play HD videos. I'll come back in a while for results.

Update:
I tried doing everything, i tried changing the permission of liboemcrypto as well (including the filename from .so to .so.bak) and still, nothing worked) :< any more suggestions ? :<

update:
liboemcrypto.so (even when root explorer app had root access) when deleted, will still come back the moment you restart the phone. I'm using an S8. the file size is 0kb and there seems to be nothing written inside (must be because of the patch from magisk). I'll try downloading the APK to see if it works.

update:
I downloaded the apk, it says "This device is not supported by the app."
Note:
i have both modules (the disabler and safety patch)
i cant rename the file, because everything i try to, it says another file is already existing (tried overwriting it too, still, the file cannot be renamed)
Does netflix work for you guys?

Update(Probably the final one):
I got it to work when i reinstalled the module for the disabler, BUT, manually searching the term "Netflix" on playstore doesnt make it appear, although when I searched "drm info", the app (playstore) randomly recommended me Netflix. I was able to download it from there. Oh and, yeah, the videos play. I'm not sure whether it's HD or 540p, Can someone tell me the difference between the two? like, the actual comparison or something? it looks pretty much the same even if HD is 720p (Note: i have an HD account, but i really think it's more on the 540p side than 720p)

I'll just add this one too, apparently this rom has widevine l3, is there any chances for future updates that will make it to widevine l1 for HD support? Just asking.. (I hope I didn't sound rude)

Thank you again for the people who suggested stuff for this to get fixed. Also, thank you devs for such a great rom!
The liboemcrypto.so situation is the reason, why you can't get HD or 4k in the Netflix App. It's because the file itself is required for L1 widevine decoding (anything beyond Level 3 to be exact), whether you rename or move the file or use the Magisk module, it doesn't matter. When your device is rooted, there's automatically no chance (actually in any Rom existing for the 3 devices) to get HD or 4k.

By the way: SD is whether 720 × 576 or 720 × 480 (most likely 720 × 480 like on the majority of media platforms).

Last edited:
I clean flashed 14-2 build, everything is great.
Hardpress to wake is not working.
To fix it go to system/usr/keylayout/generic.kl find key 172 and change it to "key 172 WAKEUP"

Can confirm this is also not working for me on the latest S8 build. Overall RoM is running pretty well though.

Also LiveDisplay doesn't seem to be working @Yuruz - enabling it does nothing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Havoc OS 3.2
    Based on Android 10

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

ABOUT

Havoc-OS is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI by @SKULSHADY.
    So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
    All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
    Just flash and enjoy...

INSTALL

Make sure you have a TWRP installed
    Download the latest Havoc-OS Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash Havoc-OS Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

DOWNLOAD

S8 GDrive | MEGA
    S8+ GDrive | MEGA
    GApps

SOURCE

Havoc-OS Source
    Device Source

Our telegram group
    If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time. Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug. Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording. Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.
    If you want to donate me:
    PayPal link
    Webmoney:
    Z687183244249
    R261696948858
    CHANGELOG:

• Updated havoc sources
    • Added bionic and art optimizations to improve performance.
    • Reduced the level of security checks from 3 to 1 when loading SQLite. This improves sqlite performance by ~ 44%.
    • Fix optimizing XML Pull Parser processing acceleration. Increase stability.
    • Reduced timings for various actions to speed up the system. System acceleration.
    • Fixes for optimizing AbsListView processing.
    • Fix display animation loading. Memory leak fixes.
    • Many minor fixes that affect the stability of the phone.
    • fixed bt calls

fixed sooo much S8+ kernel issues
      -Snap camera changed to fixed cm camera
      -updated havoc sources to 3.2
      -other minor fixes

-fixed stock camera video recording
      -fixed wakeup by hard press
      -updated havoc sources

-Initial release
    Soooo s8 and s8+ builds is up. Enjoy :)
    New s8 build is up. S8+ build will be ready in the evening
    S8+ build is up