• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 (ZEROFLTEXX) [LINEAGEOS 17.1]

Search This thread

MrNice

Jan 2, 2021
Countryside
Yes, clean install of course.
That's strange... As i noticed there are 3 versions of Lineage ROM:
I obviously installed the latest one from the wickenberg site. I'll probably try version 20210720 from gdrive. However, the best option would be for me to solve it with some a quick fix. :-/
For your information, post #181

MrNice

Jan 2, 2021
Countryside
Again here as I have an issue maybe for few months.
When phone call, voice is good 2 ways when S6 speaker is off but when I switch it on in the S6 to listen the other person, reception is good but the other can't ear me, no sound/noise at all.
I tried with 2 last versions (fresh install only last LOS) and an older before July 2021 (nandroid backup).
Any idea?
Edit: To be accurate, speaker on and off is the loud speaker (at the bottom), not where one places the ear.

Last edited:

Scepterus

Jan 7, 2014
Again here as I have an issue maybe for few months.
When phone call, voice is good 2 ways when S6 speaker is off but when I switch it on in the S6 to listen the other person, reception is good but the other can't ear me, no sound/noise at all.
I tried with 2 last versions (fresh install only last LOS) and an older before July 2021.
Any idea?
I wrote in an earlier post that there's a file that controls the mic levels that you need to replace, I don't remember if it's in this topic, but I know for a fact the s7 has the same issue with echo and stuff, and if you search for threads like those you'll find the file name and maybe a fixed file for you.

MrNice

Jan 2, 2021
Countryside
I wrote in an earlier post that there's a file that controls the mic levels that you need to replace, I don't remember if it's in this topic, but I know for a fact the s7 has the same issue with echo and stuff, and if you search for threads like those you'll find the file name and maybe a fixed file for you.
I spend some time to search the thread you mentioned but unsuccefuly. Could you give me other clues, key words, date or more? Thanks

Scepterus

Jan 7, 2014
I spend some time to search the thread you mentioned but unsuccefuly. Could you give me other clues, key words, date or more? Thanks
/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

MrNice

Jan 2, 2021
Countryside
/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml
Thank you for the links. Unfortunately this bug is not fixed and I think will never.
Do other ROM have the same issue?
I'll think about keep LOS or change for another else but don't know what.

Scepterus

Jan 7, 2014
Unfortunately this bug is not fixed and I think will never.
did you read what I wrote? and all the links I sent? you can edit those files to get better results and cancel the echo. most of us don't have the echo, you asked for the file names, I gave you 2 links to them. continue searching and you'll find which values to change to make things better. it's not going to solve itself, you need to do the work if you care enough about this.

as for other roms, they have the same issue if they are not specific to your model or addressed this issue specifically. so either go back to stock or make it work. that's just a fact of life when you want a custom rom.

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
Hello lovely LineageOS people!
Really pleased with this ROM (Thanks @enesuzun2002 @BenLue etc! )
The only problem I'm having is not being able to use the "Hey Google" assistant. When I try to configure it, it's greyed out with "This feature is currently unavailable on this device" showing. I've had a google-around to try and figure out what's happening, but haven't managed to get anywhere. Have tried reinstalling Google, clearing the cache etc. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'd be really grateful as I find it a useful feature. I used to use it with Lineage 16 on this device and seemed to work fine, so guessing it can work. Thanks in advance!

Nsam

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
Hello lovely LineageOS people!
Really pleased with this ROM (Thanks @enesuzun2002 @BenLue etc! )
The only problem I'm having is not being able to use the "Hey Google" assistant. When I try to configure it, it's greyed out with "This feature is currently unavailable on this device" showing. I've had a google-around to try and figure out what's happening, but haven't managed to get anywhere. Have tried reinstalling Google, clearing the cache etc. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'd be really grateful as I find it a useful feature. I used to use it with Lineage 16 on this device and seemed to work fine, so guessing it can work. Thanks in advance!

Nsam
OK, further to this, I've been down another rabbit hole, and now have a bunch of questions if someone smarter than me is able to answer them...
I thought it might be something to do with SafetyNet failing. I've tried to fix this with Magisk etc., but to no avail; evalType is BASIC, but ctsProfile is failing.

(1) could it be this that is causing me to not be able to set up 'hey Google' voicematch etc.?
(2) I notice that SELinux is set to permissive. Could this be the reason it's failing safetyNet?
(3) If (2) is correct, am I right in believing SELinux can never be set to enforcing because this isn't an official build and there are no signing keys?
(4) Anyone got anything else useful to add?

Thanks sm in advance for any thoughts.

Nsam

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
OK, further to this, I've been down another rabbit hole, and now have a bunch of questions if someone smarter than me is able to answer them...
I thought it might be something to do with SafetyNet failing. I've tried to fix this with Magisk etc., but to no avail; evalType is BASIC, but ctsProfile is failing.

(1) could it be this that is causing me to not be able to set up 'hey Google' voicematch etc.?
(2) I notice that SELinux is set to permissive. Could this be the reason it's failing safetyNet?
(3) If (2) is correct, am I right in believing SELinux can never be set to enforcing because this isn't an official build and there are no signing keys?
(4) Anyone got anything else useful to add?

Thanks sm in advance for any thoughts.

Nsam
OK, so I've figured the issues out....
Firstly, for Ok Google/voicematch to be able to be used, Google has to be installed as a 'system app'. If you use the Pico Gapps package, it won't be installed as a system app and wont work. This is what I had done.
If you install the Nano package it does include this, so I've reinstalled Nano.

Regarding the

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
OK, so I spoke too soon. Despite suggestions in other posts within the forums, you don't seem to be able to re-install a bigger OpenGapps package when another one is installed. I tried installing Nano whilst Pico was installed and it lead to a boot loop. It appears to install fine in the recovery, but upon reboot, will simply loop.

I was able to get assistant working in the end though, by installing the Google package, then using the 'Systemize' Magisk module, making this a system module. NOTE: if you do this, you will have to install it in to system-priv apps, not system-apps or it will constantly crash.

Hope this is of help to someone out there :)

Nsam1

ROUGE13

Feb 21, 2015
Hi,
On my Samsung Galaxy S6 (G950F zerofltexx) I have the twrp-3.3.1-0 found there and the /e/ 0.18 ROM working (based on LineageOs 17.1) found here : https://community.e.foundation/t/unofficial-build-samsung-galaxy-s6-zerofltexx/8450/46. I also use Magisk 23.
This is working but unfortunately SELinux is set to permissive and I can't change it to enforcing.

I would like to go back to LineageOS 17.1, so I came here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-galaxy-s6-zerofltexx-lineageos-17-1.4063781).

First I flashed with Heimdall (linux command line) the latest original firmware for this phone found there: https://cloud.s0-samfw.ml/f0c4a21284b877f65c8991ffca2a5e4d

Then I tried both version I founded with TWRP and the ROM on a USB stick:
- https://los-legacy.de/zerofltexx/lineage-17.1-20200606-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip
- https://lineageos.wickenberg.nu/builds/lineage-17.1-20211008-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip

For both, I got LineageOs logo for a while, then the phone reboots to recovery. So no success

Then I tried with an other TWRP recovery (twrp-3.5.2_9-0-zeroflte) found there : https://doc-0o-9c-docs.googleuserco...715224Z&hash=3043bies00itnqciked5803okvafijek

But, once LineageOs flashed, I got stuck at Samsung Galaxy S6 Logo. (I'm waiting for 30minutes already)

Is it possible this doesn't work for me because I do something the wrong way?
Shouldn't I flash the latest original Samsung ROM before installing LineageOs ROM?

There is an other version (older) there: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...orce-mode-samsung-galaxy-s6-sm-g920f.4158029/
What should I choose?
Can you help me to get the good steps?

Edit: I restarted the phone and got the LineageOs logo woooohoooo.
Edit 2: Unfortunatly SELinux is set to permissive too

Last edited:

ROUGE13

Feb 21, 2015
Is there an other good way to change SELinux to enforcing?
I tried it with "SELinuxModeChanger" (I get it on F-Droid) but no success.

Or maybe I have choose something wrong while flashing / testing somewhere?

Edit: It's strange, I tried cat /proc/cmdline and android.boot.selinux is already set to enforcing!
Why can't we enforce SELinux?

Last edited:

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
Is there an other good way to change SELinux to enforcing?
I tried it with "SELinuxModeChanger" (I get it on F-Droid) but no success.

Or maybe I have choose something wrong while flashing / testing somewhere?

Edit: It's strange, I tried cat /proc/cmdline and android.boot.selinux is already set to enforcing!
Why can't we enforce SELinux?
Hi,

I've not found any way to change SELinux to 'enforcing'. As I understand it - and I could be completely wrong - the only way for this to happen is if the OS is official, then it is signed. This allows for certain cryptographic keys in place where SELinux can be set to 'enforcing'. This is why there's a big difference between 'official' versions of LineageOS, and 'unofficial' ones such as the one we are using.
I've tried before to set SELinux to 'enforcing' by using adb shell (with root access) and the command 'setenforce' , and it has not worked. It just appears to work, but running 'getenforce' shows it as still being permissive.
I'd really like to hear a bit more on the subject from someone who understands it better.

Best,

Nsam

ROUGE13

Feb 21, 2015
Hi,

I've not found any way to change SELinux to 'enforcing'. As I understand it - and I could be completely wrong - the only way for this to happen is if the OS is official, then it is signed. This allows for certain cryptographic keys in place where SELinux can be set to 'enforcing'. This is why there's a big difference between 'official' versions of LineageOS, and 'unofficial' ones such as the one we are using.
I've tried before to set SELinux to 'enforcing' by using adb shell (with root access) and the command 'setenforce' , and it has not worked. It just appears to work, but running 'getenforce' shows it as still being permissive.
I'd really like to hear a bit more on the subject from someone who understands it better.

Best,

Nsam

Hi,
Thank you for you answer :),
I came to the same conclusion but I found two LineageOs ROM that could have SELinux enforced:
- https://ava1.androidfilehost.com/dl...eage-15.1-20190712-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip?
- https://github.com/mohammadlachgar/...exx_enforcing_can_permissive_userdebug_v2.zip

Both aren't recent. I tried the second one and SELinux appears to be in enforced mode, so this give a hope. If it is possible, maybe we could do it for a more recent version?
By reading the comments on this second rom it could have some issues like echo in phone call in speaker mode, I haven't tried right now.

L1feGuard

Jul 13, 2015
Dobrich
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Perhaps LineageOS 15.1 for the Galaxy S6 (Edge) is not in active development any more,
but out of some little necessity I just created a new build:

For Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=328693

For Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=328692

September (Security) patches are included:
https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"O_asb_2021-09"

.. and I would like to provide monthly builds for both S6 devices.

But because I don't own such a device:
Testers for Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx) are very welcome!
I am looking forward to your feedback...

Good and Stable

Chambo23

Jun 15, 2011
I am getting bootloop - after a white it takes me to TWRP. Any suggestions how to investigate what is happening? I tried exporting logs via TWRP but don't understand much there..

My steps:
1. Flash stock ROM
2. Flash TWRP
3. Apply Magisk
4. Install this ROM, only after this step I start to get bootloop

What could be the issue here? Any help welcome! :) Thanks

Scepterus

Jan 7, 2014
I am getting bootloop - after a white it takes me to TWRP. Any suggestions how to investigate what is happening? I tried exporting logs via TWRP but don't understand much there..

My steps:
1. Flash stock ROM
2. Flash TWRP
3. Apply Magisk
4. Install this ROM, only after this step I start to get bootloop

What could be the issue here? Any help welcome! :) Thanks
You need to wipe system and data before flashing the Rom. Then apply magisk, not before the Rom, after the Rom.

Chambo23

Jun 15, 2011
You need to wipe system and data before flashing the Rom. Then apply magisk, not before the Rom, after the Rom.
I tried this now, but I still didn't boot. I also tried to delete Dalvik Cache in another attempt, but that did not do the trick. I also tried to flash a separate "disable dm-verity" tool in another attempt but that still did not help with booting.. Thanks for the feedback though, do you have any other ideas that might help? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fpics.android-hubo.de%2Fimages%2F20191015%2F21215fd3cc1c8c3e384ea2711f148e1a336a03e4.png

// Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

// Info
    It's unnoficial LineageOS17.1 for Galaxy S6 (ZEROFLTEXX).
    I strongly recommend to perform a backup of your current rom before installation.

// Install
    Recommend: Rooted device with custom recovery like (TWRP 3.1.1-0-zerofltexx.img)

Installation process from stock rom

Build from xx.xx. and Gapps from xx.xx. to the external SD

Installation Procedure :
    coming from stock ....

TWRP - Odin flashable[/URL] (I use Odin 3.12)

01. Boot into the download mode.
    02. flash TWRP with Odin (comes in AP). The hooks at Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time out.
    03. disconnect USB cable after flash, battery out and in again.
    04. boot into recovery -> Allow Modifications
    05. Advanced Wipe: Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache (lasts a while)
    06. install -> select lineage image, then add more zips and gapps, then flash
    07. patching system image unconditionally runs through with progress bar
    08. Open Gapps are flashed, progress bar runs through
    09. when done, tap reboot system, Swipe to install TWRP app (or not, if you don't need it)
    10th reboot
    11. Lot 17.1 boots. (quite a while ^^)
    12. type through the facility
    13. ready

- make a full Backup from your device
    - Full wipe device (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    - Install your Build
    - Install Gapps (ARM Pico or Nano)
    - Wipe Cache and Art/Dalvik
    - Reboot
    - Wait for 1st boot
    - Enjoy

// Partners & Friends for German
    Android-freaks,de

// OTA
    Rom: Zerofltexx
    update: monthly

// Thanks / Credits
    Code:
    * LineageOS Team
    * XDA developers
    * enesuzun2002
    * Exynos7420 Team
    * Everyone who has contributed to LineageOS on S6

// Donate Us
    PayPal.Me

// Source Code
    Framework: LineageOS
    Kernel: enesuzun2002

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 (ZEROFLTEXX) [LINEAGEOS 17.1], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    BenLue
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-03-08
    Last Updated 2020-03-12
    All found bugs on the Russian resource 4pda:
    •As on any aosp-firmware, when talking, the interlocutors complain about the echo (they hear themselves).
    •Modem problems: sudden disconnections, slow connection, data disconnection, missed calls or SMS.
    •IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi) will not work.
    •Problems with power consumption. Battery power is consumed faster than usual.
    •Flash does not work correctly in camera apps.
    •Always On Display strongly drains the battery, it is advised to turn off.
    •Who has a bug with wireless headphones:
    [url]https://drive.google.c...oilp/view?usp=drivesdk[/url]
    •Adding a fingerprint may hang on the initial phone setup (just wait or skip this step).
    •WiDi (Wireless Display) displays an error (unverified information).
    •The earpiece plays music through a standard app when headphones are connected (restarting the device helps).

P.S. It is machine translation.
    Do your sources include the 'fix' for SafetyNet (the BUILD_FINGERPRINT from a stock 7.0 ROM)?
    Do you use the public keys to build this or have you generated your own keys?

I have been building LOS 15.1 for a while and included the above two 'fixes' to allow it to pass SafetyNet and as well as checks for the public keys therefore allowing my banking app, Google Pay, NetFlix and Sky Q/GO to work without issues.

I am looking to build 17.1 but need the source code.

Are your sources publicly available? Do you have a manifest.xml I can use to build from source easily?
    I am not a heavy programmer.... :eek:

Cheers
    Andy
    Guys, if you're using 17.1 I highly recommend Wickenberg's build. It's updated weekly (though I update once a month to get the new security update).

Running it since january with zero issues. Updater works to download the latest build, but you still have to flash it manually with TWRP. That's not a problem, you just flash it over the current one and everything works perfectly.