[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 (ZEROFLTEXX) [LINEAGEOS 17.1]

Search This thread

Leejen

May 6, 2020
Auckland
Perhaps LineageOS 15.1 for the Galaxy S6 (Edge) is not in active development any more,
but out of some little necessity I just created a new build:

For Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=328693

For Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=328692

September (Security) patches are included:
https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"O_asb_2021-09"

.. and I would like to provide monthly builds for both S6 devices.

But because I don't own such a device:
Testers for Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx) are very welcome!
I am looking forward to your feedback...

Good and Stable
Hi there
I was wondering if you will be providing monthly build for Galaxy Note 5 (Noblelte) as I am using currently. And I will be interested to be your Tester for that device if need be.

Please do let me know what you decide.
Thanks

Kind Regards
Lee

X2tandeta

Dec 9, 2021
Thank you for the links. Unfortunately this bug is not fixed and I think will never.
Do other ROM have the same issue?
I'll think about keep LOS or change for another else but don't know what.
Did you find a solution to the speaker ( hands free ) problem? I have the same issue though i installed the latest rom 17.1 2021.12.03

MrNice

Jan 2, 2021
Countryside
Did you find a solution to the speaker ( hands free ) problem? I have the same issue though i installed the latest rom 17.1 2021.12.03
Yes, there is a workaround but need to edit a file that I didn't do. See posts above from #222 to #227
As I have an old S6 with 1 short day of battery autonomy I don't use it a lot and have no time to go further at this time.

Reactions: X2tandeta

X2tandeta

Dec 9, 2021
Yes, there is a workaround but need to edit a file that I didn't do. See posts above from #222 to #227
As I have an old S6 with 1 short day of battery autonomy I don't use it a lot and have no time to go further at this time.
Those topics are nothing to do with our problem. Hope i could find a specific solution for s6 hands free speaker problem during an operater based calls. Other than that, whatsapp and other apps dont have that problem.

Scepterus

Jan 7, 2014
Update for those still running the ROM from last year, I just updated to the latest version from the updater by wiping just system and cache. NOT wiping data. This meant that I booted into the same ROM configuration but with the new ROM. Hope this helps someone.

X2tandeta

Dec 9, 2021
Update for those still running the ROM from last year, I just updated to the latest version from the updater by wiping just system and cache. NOT wiping data. This meant that I booted into the same ROM configuration but with the new ROM. Hope this helps someone.
Where is that new ROM? Is there any link if it is on the web?

Nov 24, 2010
Big problem happened after a crash last week. I think it may be hardware related, but going to post the details, continue looking for a fix, then prolly change to a newer ROM. I installed this ROM about two years ago, and it was the best fit then.

Samsung S6 G920W8, non-edge version.

When using phone as flashlight, right before plugging phone in to charge for the night, phone crashed. When I used it the next morning, the login/PIN screen was larger than normal. When I unlocked, the 'desktop' (home screen) was also larger than normal. Light mode was on. I went into settings and fixed them- the font and UI sizes had changed to default, and dark mode was turned off.

Something else changed, too. My home button and recent apps button (the left hardware button) don't do anything. I would say they don't work, but they light up and give haptic feedback. The home button wakes the device, and the fingerprint scanner works. This is very similar to an issue I had when I first installed, but 3-button navigation is enabled properly this time. Also, the third button, the back button DOES work. Switching to gesture navigation doesn't seem to work for me, at all.

I cannot seem to any fix to these buttons, and honestly if I could I would lazy out and not install a new one. There is one more, incredibly weird issue, though... Every time I restart, dark mode turns off again. The other settings that I lost haven't changed since.

I've restarted a few times, I've wiped the cache, I killed my battery for a while to try to fix this. I'm not sure what the issue is, and I am worried it is hardware/memory related. If anyone knows a different work-around for this, I would appreciate a heads up before I try new ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fpics.android-hubo.de%2Fimages%2F20191015%2F21215fd3cc1c8c3e384ea2711f148e1a336a03e4.png

// Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

// Info
    It's unnoficial LineageOS17.1 for Galaxy S6 (ZEROFLTEXX).
    I strongly recommend to perform a backup of your current rom before installation.

// Install
    Recommend: Rooted device with custom recovery like (TWRP 3.1.1-0-zerofltexx.img)

Installation process from stock rom

Build from xx.xx. and Gapps from xx.xx. to the external SD

Installation Procedure :
    coming from stock ....

TWRP - Odin flashable[/URL] (I use Odin 3.12)

01. Boot into the download mode.
    02. flash TWRP with Odin (comes in AP). The hooks at Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time out.
    03. disconnect USB cable after flash, battery out and in again.
    04. boot into recovery -> Allow Modifications
    05. Advanced Wipe: Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache (lasts a while)
    06. install -> select lineage image, then add more zips and gapps, then flash
    07. patching system image unconditionally runs through with progress bar
    08. Open Gapps are flashed, progress bar runs through
    09. when done, tap reboot system, Swipe to install TWRP app (or not, if you don't need it)
    10th reboot
    11. Lot 17.1 boots. (quite a while ^^)
    12. type through the facility
    13. ready

- make a full Backup from your device
    - Full wipe device (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    - Install your Build
    - Install Gapps (ARM Pico or Nano)
    - Wipe Cache and Art/Dalvik
    - Reboot
    - Wait for 1st boot
    - Enjoy

// Partners & Friends for German
    Android-freaks,de

// OTA
    Rom: Zerofltexx
    update: monthly

// Thanks / Credits
    Code:
    * LineageOS Team
    * XDA developers
    * enesuzun2002
    * Exynos7420 Team
    * Everyone who has contributed to LineageOS on S6

// Donate Us
    PayPal.Me

// Source Code
    Framework: LineageOS
    Kernel: enesuzun2002

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 (ZEROFLTEXX) [LINEAGEOS 17.1], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    BenLue
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-03-08
    Last Updated 2020-03-12
    All found bugs on the Russian resource 4pda:
    •As on any aosp-firmware, when talking, the interlocutors complain about the echo (they hear themselves).
    •Modem problems: sudden disconnections, slow connection, data disconnection, missed calls or SMS.
    •IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi) will not work.
    •Problems with power consumption. Battery power is consumed faster than usual.
    •Flash does not work correctly in camera apps.
    •Always On Display strongly drains the battery, it is advised to turn off.
    •Who has a bug with wireless headphones:
    [url]https://drive.google.c...oilp/view?usp=drivesdk[/url]
    •Adding a fingerprint may hang on the initial phone setup (just wait or skip this step).
    •WiDi (Wireless Display) displays an error (unverified information).
    •The earpiece plays music through a standard app when headphones are connected (restarting the device helps).

P.S. It is machine translation.
    Do your sources include the 'fix' for SafetyNet (the BUILD_FINGERPRINT from a stock 7.0 ROM)?
    Do you use the public keys to build this or have you generated your own keys?

I have been building LOS 15.1 for a while and included the above two 'fixes' to allow it to pass SafetyNet and as well as checks for the public keys therefore allowing my banking app, Google Pay, NetFlix and Sky Q/GO to work without issues.

I am looking to build 17.1 but need the source code.

Are your sources publicly available? Do you have a manifest.xml I can use to build from source easily?
    I am not a heavy programmer.... :eek:

Cheers
    Andy
    Guys, if you're using 17.1 I highly recommend Wickenberg's build. It's updated weekly (though I update once a month to get the new security update).

Running it since january with zero issues. Updater works to download the latest build, but you still have to flash it manually with TWRP. That's not a problem, you just flash it over the current one and everything works perfectly.