[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][SPH-L520][RESURRECTION REMIX][nougat]

Search This thread

Michael24884

Dec 23, 2016
Riverdale
Another ROM for the not nearly dead variant...

Resurrection Remix including all that good stuff, plus advanced customization.

Apart from the standard Android Nougat features Lineage OS features, Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 has a lot of other customization options.

WHAT THIS ROM INCLUDES:

Teleportation Application(set your destination> tap ok> and you'll be zapped to your preferred destination)
Enable/Disable Navbar
Navbar Button Customization smart bar
Navbar Pulse
Navbar Fling
Double Tap To sleep navbar
Statusbar

Brightness Slider
Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
SuperUser Indicator Switch
Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
Carrier Label
Carrier Label Switch
Carrier label Color
Carrier Label size
Clock Customizations
Time & date
Day & date Google
Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
Date Format
Clock Font Styles
Battery
Bar customization
Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Portrait and more)

Network Traffic Indicator
Network Traffic Arrows Switch
Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
Network traffic Color
Statusbar RR Logo
RR logo Color
Position
Custom Logos
Logo Color
Position
Style
StatusBar Weather
Weather Color
Weather Position(left/right)
Weather Font Style
Weather size
StatusBar Ticker
Ticker Text color
Ticker Icon Color
Animations

Toast Animations
ListView Animations
System Animations
Power Menu Animations
Misc Animations
Gestures

Gestures Anywhere Feature
3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture
App Sidebar

Choose apps in AppSidebar
Trigger Width
Trigger Height
Trigger Position
App Circle Bar

Choose apps in App circle
Trigger Width
Trigger Height
Trigger Position
Pie

Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
Pie Targets
Pie Colors
More Pie Features
Recents Panel

Clear All button Switch
Clear All Tasks Switch
Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
Full-screen Recents
Recents Styles
OmniSwitch
Cclock Widget

Clock And Alarm Customizations
Weather Panel Customizations
Calendar Events

LockScreen

Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
Lockscreen General Shortcuts
100+ Icons for Shortcuts
Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
LockScreen Wallpaper
Lockscreen Weather Widget
Lockscreen Icons Color
Quick Settings

Draggable Tiles
Customizable Tiles
Dynamic Tiles Adjustment
Number of columns/rows
Tile Animations
Notification Drawer
LongPress Toggles to Enter Settings
Disable Immersive Mode Messages
Force Expand Notification
Quick PullDown
Smart Pulldown
Notification Panel Transparency
Volume Dialog Transparency
Notification Panel Stroke
Volume Dialog Stroke

What works?
No bugs found so far...

What doesn't work?
Teleportation Application, it's been removed so far...

This ROM does not come with any GAPPS, flash them yourself if you want to experience a complete Android
No Root method for this ROM, if you want to root it, you can download the addonsu from the Lineage addon website.

How to Install?
Download zip and place into your storage >
Reboot to Recovery>
wipe data, cache, dalvik>
flash zip>
(flash GAPPS/su)>
$profit$​

ROM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0L0LyR8S-e-ZTZOTHJnVWNWUDg
Root su addon https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Leave a Like if you like my work:victory:

vmuserfl

Jan 19, 2015
Michael,
Do you know how to update the PRL with any of the non-sprint ROMs? I am very impressed with the Lineage ROM, but without the PRL update, I cannot connect it to the sprint network. This is a sprint phone, but it has been in a drawer for several months.
Thx
R

Ipaqman01

Feb 21, 2008
Nice rom for the Sprint S4 Mini. I use this phone as a media player all the time.

[ I ran into a bug with Developer Options > Disable Absolute Volume. This works with plain Lineage OS 14.1 for sph-l520, but it seems to have no effect in RR. Bluetooth device volume always changes the phone media volume. This option is useful when the bluetooth device is either too loud or too soft.]

CORRECTION: DISABLE ABSOLUTE VOLUME does work and only takes effect at the time of connection.

Last edited:

vkdyer

Nov 28, 2018
Custom Recovery for SPH-L520

Can anyone tell me where to find a custom recovery for the SPH-L520. I flashed TWRP for the U.S. Cellular mode, because they didn't have the Sprint one. That TWRP is working for back ups and restores. It won't let me flash the RR zip though. I get error 7 saying my device is serranolteusc and the zip is for serranoltespr. I'd sure love to try nougat on my SPH-L520 and get off of 4.4.2.

vkdyer

Nov 28, 2018
Wow! Thank you!

I found the instructions for editing the updater script and got this successfully loaded. Wow! It is beautiful and has worked flawlessly (for a couple of hours, so far!). I just installed CM14 on an old Galaxy S3 and RR is much nicer. Although CM14 seems to be working fine, it has the occasional croaked app, while RR has had no such issues. So far everything I've tried is working-- calls, texts, data, camera, gps, music. I was worried at first because the data only showed 3G, but I found the setting to switch to LTE. Thank you!

vkdyer

Nov 28, 2018
Michael (and anyone),
When I go to Settings > More > Cellular networks > Carrier settings, it gives the message "com.android.phone has stopped" every time. It doesn't seem to hurt anything though, because I can still get calls and texts after that. I have a different RR running on an S3 and it does the same thing. The S4 Mini is on Ting, and the S3 is on FreedomPop-- not sure if that makes any difference. Anyone know what might fix that?

Arco68,
Thanks so much for those serranoltespr builds! Right now I am so happy with my S4 Mini on RR (and off of KitKat), I am afraid to risk messing it up. However, I found another S4 Mini on eBay for $45, which should arrive next week. I'm going to try out both your Lineage builds on that phone.

Reactions: arco68

vkdyer

Nov 28, 2018
I made a TWRP build for the Sprint variant, and also builds of Lineage 15.1 and 16.0 if that's of interest.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hohkh6k349h7t/serranoltespr

Thanks so much for these builds for the Sprint phone. I haven't seen them anywhere else. I just got 15.1 loaded today, and it is clean and beautiful! This is new hobby for me, so it's the first time I've seen Oreo. I'm surprised at how well it runs on a 5-year-old phone. I thought it might get bogged down or crash, but it looks to me like it runs Oreo as well as it ran Kit Kat.

For me, the hardest part was getting TWRP loaded. I couldn't see a way to get Odin to flash the img file, and it took me several tries to convert it to a workable tar. Couldn't get 7-zip or any online tools to do it. I finally found a zip on XDA-Developers that would do it, but I had to rename twrp-3.2.3-0-serranoltespr.img to recovery.img (and flash the resulting recovery.tar.md5) to get Odin to successfully flash it. After that, installing Lineage was a breeze.

I'll try out 16.0 too and stick with the one I like best. You can't buy a new phone this small, and more and more apps are dropping support for older versions of Android, so I thrilled to have new life in this great little phone again!

vkdyer

Nov 28, 2018
Losing GPS

I have had problems with losing GPS in all 3 ROMs-- RR, Lineage 15.1 and Lineage 16.0, and it has happened on two different phones (both SPH-L520). I flashed RR on Phone A and confirmed GPS was working, and a day or two later, it was gone. I assumed it was a hardware issue. Then I flashed Lineage 15.1 onto Phone B and confirmed GPS was working. It worked fine for one day (on a bike ride) but the next day, it was gone. I flashed Phone A back to stock, and GPS was fine. I loaded it with Lineage 16.0 and GPS is still working on it. I flashed Phone B back to stock and GPS was fine. Then I loaded Lineage 16.0 on it could never get GPS to work ever.

I have toggled location and mode and restarted multiple times, but once it disappears, I can never get it back (other than flashing back to Stock and re-installing). GPS Test reports the GNSS receiver is turned on but the signal is not good enough to get a fix. GPS Essentials reports "No Fix" and "network locations disabled" (even though all location settings are enabled-- GPS, Wi-Fi, Cellular Networks, and Bluetooth. The phone shows a connection to both Wi-Fi and Cellular data).

Jan 23, 2020
Help

Michael,
Do you know how to update the PRL with any of the non-sprint ROMs? I am very impressed with the Lineage ROM, but without the PRL update, I cannot connect it to the sprint network. This is a sprint phone, but it has been in a drawer for several months.
Thx
R

I don't know if it works for you but try to put this code paste it in the calling app. ## 873283 #

RebeccaBecky

May 13, 2010
Chicago
How did you get TWRP loaded?

Thanks so much for these builds for the Sprint phone. I haven't seen them anywhere else. I just got 15.1 loaded today, and it is clean and beautiful! This is new hobby for me, so it's the first time I've seen Oreo. I'm surprised at how well it runs on a 5-year-old phone. I thought it might get bogged down or crash, but it looks to me like it runs Oreo as well as it ran Kit Kat.

For me, the hardest part was getting TWRP loaded. I couldn't see a way to get Odin to flash the img file, and it took me several tries to convert it to a workable tar. Couldn't get 7-zip or any online tools to do it. I finally found a zip on XDA-Developers that would do it, but I had to rename twrp-3.2.3-0-serranoltespr.img to recovery.img (and flash the resulting recovery.tar.md5) to get Odin to successfully flash it. After that, installing Lineage was a breeze.

I'll try out 16.0 too and stick with the one I like best. You can't buy a new phone this small, and more and more apps are dropping support for older versions of Android, so I thrilled to have new life in this great little phone again!

I saw that you had the same problem I'm running into. I can not get TWRP to work on my Galaxy S4 mini from Sprint. I've tried so many ways to get the file from arco68 to work, to include loading it with Odin. It said it was successful, but when I boot up the phone I get the typical recovery mode menu, and not the TWRP options. Can you please share with me how you did it? I also downloaded the Official app from the Play store, but I didn't see anyway to get that to work for this. It has less options to choose from than what I've seen in examples, probably because it's an older version, but to the phone's operating system being older. I want to update this phone for my husband, because he really prefers this size phone.

Last edited:

RebeccaBecky

May 13, 2010
Chicago
Do I need a certain version of TWRP?

TWRP actually can flash img files directly, so if you already had TWRP installed, you could have flashed the new recovery from within the old one. But good to hear you got it sorted. :)

arco68, I have not been able to get the TWRP img file to work on our Galaxy S4 mini (L520) you said that if we have TWRP already installed we could have flashed it that way. Do you know if I need a certain version of the app? The one I was able to download from the Play store was 1.21, probably because I still am on Kit Kat on my device. But when I boot into recovery mode it's not pulling up the TWRP interface.

bierma32

Aug 12, 2013
@lower saxony
Last edited:

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
... if we have TWRP already installed we could have flashed it that way. Do you know if I need a certain version of the app? The one I was able to download from the Play store ...

You have confused the TWRP app with TWRP recovery. Since you do not have a TWRP recovery installed, you need to flash it using Odin (or some other method) first. You can probably find a TAR of a not-too-old TWRP recovery, install it with Odin, boot into recovery mode, and then use that TWRP to flash the latest TWRP recovery.img file.

Last edited:

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
I made a TWRP build for the Sprint variant, and also builds of Lineage 15.1 and 16.0 if that's of interest.

Thanks friend for the contribution. I use this rom and I'm still there until 2021, but the Android 9 version has a problem, the phone restarts itself and the Android 10 version is excellent, but it consumes a lot Ram and I can not play the free fire well because if it goes out due to not having ram it starts again or the game moves slowly. I would like to know if you can give me Android 8.1 stable and work

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
Reactions: johnmaster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another ROM for the not nearly dead variant...

Resurrection Remix including all that good stuff, plus advanced customization.

Apart from the standard Android Nougat features Lineage OS features, Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 has a lot of other customization options.

WHAT THIS ROM INCLUDES:

Teleportation Application(set your destination> tap ok> and you'll be zapped to your preferred destination)
    Enable/Disable Navbar
    Navbar Button Customization smart bar
    Navbar Pulse
    Navbar Fling
    Double Tap To sleep navbar
    Statusbar

Brightness Slider
    Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    SuperUser Indicator Switch
    Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
    Carrier Label
    Carrier Label Switch
    Carrier label Color
    Carrier Label size
    Clock Customizations
    Time & date
    Day & date Google
    Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
    Date Format
    Clock Font Styles
    Battery
    Bar customization
    Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Portrait and more)

Network Traffic Indicator
    Network Traffic Arrows Switch
    Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
    Network traffic Color
    Statusbar RR Logo
    RR logo Color
    Position
    Custom Logos
    Logo Color
    Position
    Style
    StatusBar Weather
    Weather Color
    Weather Position(left/right)
    Weather Font Style
    Weather size
    StatusBar Ticker
    Ticker Text color
    Ticker Icon Color
    Animations

Toast Animations
    ListView Animations
    System Animations
    Power Menu Animations
    Misc Animations
    Gestures

Gestures Anywhere Feature
    3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture
    App Sidebar

Choose apps in AppSidebar
    Trigger Width
    Trigger Height
    Trigger Position
    App Circle Bar

Choose apps in App circle
    Trigger Width
    Trigger Height
    Trigger Position
    Pie

Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
    Pie Targets
    Pie Colors
    More Pie Features
    Recents Panel

Clear All button Switch
    Clear All Tasks Switch
    Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
    Full-screen Recents
    Recents Styles
    OmniSwitch
    Cclock Widget

Clock And Alarm Customizations
    Weather Panel Customizations
    Calendar Events

LockScreen

Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
    Lockscreen General Shortcuts
    100+ Icons for Shortcuts
    Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
    Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
    LockScreen Wallpaper
    Lockscreen Weather Widget
    Lockscreen Icons Color
    Quick Settings

Draggable Tiles
    Customizable Tiles
    Dynamic Tiles Adjustment
    Number of columns/rows
    Tile Animations
    Notification Drawer
    LongPress Toggles to Enter Settings
    Disable Immersive Mode Messages
    Force Expand Notification
    Quick PullDown
    Smart Pulldown
    Notification Panel Transparency
    Volume Dialog Transparency
    Notification Panel Stroke
    Volume Dialog Stroke

What works?
    No bugs found so far...

What doesn't work?
    Teleportation Application, it's been removed so far...

This ROM does not come with any GAPPS, flash them yourself if you want to experience a complete Android
    No Root method for this ROM, if you want to root it, you can download the addonsu from the Lineage addon website.

How to Install?
    Download zip and place into your storage >
    Reboot to Recovery>
    wipe data, cache, dalvik>
    flash zip>
    (flash GAPPS/su)>
    $profit$​

ROM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0L0LyR8S-e-ZTZOTHJnVWNWUDg
    Root su addon https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Leave a Like if you like my work:victory:

TWRP actually can flash img files directly, so if you already had TWRP installed, you could have flashed the new recovery from within the old one. But good to hear you got it sorted. :)
    Michael,
    Thx
    R
    ... if you can give me Android 8.1 stable and work
    Lineage OS version 15.1 is based on Android 8.1:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone