[Rom][Unofficial][Stable][05/13][OTA][FINGERPRINT WORKING][Cm12.1]Redmi Note 3 MTK

Search This thread

lokjianming

Jun 4, 2015
Kota Kinabalu
PLEASE DO SUPPORT THIS BY BUYING ME A DEVICE, ACCEPTING DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL lokjianming@outlook.com, THANKS!

250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
  • are running a custom kernel
  • have flashed mods
  • modified system files
  • didn't follow our instructions word by word
  • are unfriendly

INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 12.1 to your Redmi Note 3 or coming from another ROM:
  • Make sure you have unlocked your bootloader
  • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot (any other installing methods will do, just make sure you have TWRP recovery installed)
  • Push GApps (arm64) and the CM 12.1 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the CM 12.1 zip from SD card
  • Flash GApps for Lollipop from SD card
  • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
  • Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
  • Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1 (1st Method):
  • Push the new CM 12.1 zip to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Optionally flash the most recent GApps for Lollipop if you encounter problems
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1 (2nd Method):
  • Create a folder named cmupdater in your Internal Storage
  • Go to Settings - About phone - Cyanogenmod Updates
  • Tap on the zip you just copied to your Internal Storage and click update.
  • The phone will reboot into recovery and install the update automatically. Then it will reboot again automatically. (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)

DOWNLOADS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google Apps (arm64): wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/gapps

BUGS
Report bugs for builds below the thread. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds.

Current status:
  • Builds: [urlhttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533100289591145[/url]
  • Known issues: No LTE on SIM 2, can't install apps from Google Play Store which are larger than 1GB (TO BE CONFIRMED), FM RADIO NOT WORKING

If you like my work, you could always buy me a coffee

Supporters (based on time):
  • @shasta123
  • @PipoPT
  • @Daihogo
  • @haryadi_aja

FAQ
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
  • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root acces > Apps Only
  • Are these gapps <insert random gapps package here> working with cm12.1?
  • Use the suggested package
  • When do I have to wipe data?
  • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel.
  • Why no <insert miui feature here>?
  • Because this is CyanogenMod

XDA:DevDB Information
[Rom][Unofficial][Stable][05/13][OTA][FINGERPRINT SENSOR WORKING][CM12.1] Redmi Note 3 MTK Version, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note

Contributors
lokjianming, pocaropa, nofearnohappy, xen0n, lbule
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-02-26
Last Updated 2016-05-13

Last edited:

tlayn

Apr 13, 2011
Could you include the "Screenshot" shortcut on the notification Drawer? It is difficult to press the power and it minimizes some app if you press them which makes it useless to screenshot because it minimizes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-26-04-16-14_1_.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-26-04-16-14_1_.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 22,097
Reactions: AOdu29

jeromeof

Jun 22, 2011
Celbridge
Looks great guys. Quick question i presume this is for the Mediatek and not the Snapdragon variant of the Note 3, i.e. its not for the Note 3 Pro.

ponchelete

Apr 23, 2015
Good news, you compile for mediatek redmi note 3!!
Finally you have fixed baseband problems present on others builds for redmi note 3!
Awesome!;)

bovsyn

Feb 28, 2016
In short , it does not zapuskaeEtsya . After the demolition and restoration of your backup scanner stopped working , all flies to hell , rekaveri beginning to fail , it is necessary through the flash tul alter the new pancake. !

cemaWork

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
Bugs folders.

You can not add more shortcuts to folders

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-29-13-38-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-29-13-38-23.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 4,197

lokjianming

Jun 4, 2015
Kota Kinabalu
I am afraid to say this but for me is a must seeing that @lokjianming has not make the proper statement in the first post. The fix for baseband was provided by a user named pocarropa from a spanish forum where I also have an account. It is great to see colaboration between developers but it is also great to mention each other when someone helps the other one.

I must also say that I dont really know if @lokjianming was going to mention him in the near future.

Keep up the good work sir @lokjianming

At first when I created this post I always wanted to mention pocaropa but I forgot to add him because I thought I have already added him, and of course I have added him immediately now. And sorry to @pocaropa for the inconvenience caused, I'm deeply regret about this. :(

Reactions: pocaropa

pocaropa

Dec 13, 2013
Valencia
At first when I created this post I always wanted to mention pocaropa but I forgot to add him because I thought I have already added him, and of course I have added him immediately now. And sorry to @pocaropa for the inconvenience caused, I'm deeply regret about this. :(
No problem bro and thanks for giving CM support for our device, really appreciated.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: cbacsro

yulvir

Oct 21, 2013
@lokjianming do you think is it possible to have the double tap to wake up the screen? I think to many people love that feature ?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

bower1994

Dec 1, 2010

No problem man, everybody do mistakes. I thought that it was probably an error. Anyway lets concentrate in what matters and that is of course this rom! thank you for support this device :good:

Reactions: DoveKi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE DO SUPPORT THIS BY BUYING ME A DEVICE, ACCEPTING DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL lokjianming@outlook.com, THANKS!

250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our instructions word by word
    • are unfriendly

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 12.1 to your Redmi Note 3 or coming from another ROM:
    • Make sure you have unlocked your bootloader
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot (any other installing methods will do, just make sure you have TWRP recovery installed)
    • Push GApps (arm64) and the CM 12.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash GApps for Lollipop from SD card
    • Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    • Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1 (1st Method):
    • Push the new CM 12.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Optionally flash the most recent GApps for Lollipop if you encounter problems
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1 (2nd Method):
    • Create a folder named cmupdater in your Internal Storage
    • Go to Settings - About phone - Cyanogenmod Updates
    • Tap on the zip you just copied to your Internal Storage and click update.
    • The phone will reboot into recovery and install the update automatically. Then it will reboot again automatically. (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)

DOWNLOADS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Apps (arm64): wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/gapps

BUGS
    Report bugs for builds below the thread. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds.

Current status:
    • Builds: [urlhttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533100289591145[/url]
    • Known issues: No LTE on SIM 2, can't install apps from Google Play Store which are larger than 1GB (TO BE CONFIRMED), FM RADIO NOT WORKING

If you like my work, you could always buy me a coffee

Supporters (based on time):
    • @shasta123
    • @PipoPT
    • @Daihogo
    • @haryadi_aja

FAQ
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root acces > Apps Only
    • Are these gapps <insert random gapps package here> working with cm12.1?
    • Use the suggested package
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel.
    • Why no <insert miui feature here>?
    • Because this is CyanogenMod

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Rom][Unofficial][Stable][05/13][OTA][FINGERPRINT SENSOR WORKING][CM12.1] Redmi Note 3 MTK Version, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note

Contributors
    lokjianming, pocaropa, nofearnohappy, xen0n, lbule
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-02-26
    Last Updated 2016-05-13
    I got myself a Redmi Note 3 now after selling some of my old PC stuff and I'm waiting for it to get unlocked now, so development would begin on my next school holidays after I finish my project, hopefully things will become better since I have a device to test now.
    Fingerprint sensor support is coming now thanks to r.schlegel and sicmosh, cheers! :D
    Meanwhile you guys learning Russian to follow the hype train and pay respects we're having some fresh blood! RN2 guys LazyC0DEr, nofearnohappy, Anomalchik and vova.vafin are now cooperating with our Sicmosh, Skrem339 and Smosia, who made a huge progress earlier today. He got custom kernel for MIUI 7 booting with audio, gps, wifi, bt, light sensor, vibration, capacitive buttons, accelerometer, gyroscope, MTP and charging working. Now he's trying to fix telephony. At the same time Sicmosh told them what to do with AOSP 6.0 and CM13 to get it ported as well. If you think you've learned Russian enough - join our Telegram! https://telegram.me/xrnlernel
    Just some announcements, an update will be coming soon (maybe in a week) which should add a few more fixes and stability improvements. As far as I know there were no issues with the SIM card (at least for me), but if this issue persists in the next build, please do let me know. Meanwhile the work on fingerprint should begin soon, so stay tuned. :D