[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] switchroot Android 10

TookeX

Apr 23, 2012
Does anyone have issues with some emulators or streaming apps on mapping Joy Con's D-pad?

I have tested a few emulators and streaming apps found varied results

Some emulators do working on mapping joycon's D-pad correctly, e.g citra-mmj, drastic, myboy, ppsspp

while some emulators/Apps not like official-citra and a 3rd party remote play for PS4/5 called PS Play from google play.

For those who can't be mapping correctly, once you are gonna map up, down, right, left button, emulator/apps likely get no input signal for mapping, Android response like the system-level as you can see cursor moved

Emporioo

Dec 9, 2009
Wigan
After further testing the Joycon triggers ZL/ZR get recognised within the Citra emulator (Axis 17/18 respectively under the default 'Nintendo Switch Combined Joy-Cons' profile.
I'm not sure why they don't work in DraStic or other gamepad testing apps. DraStic even states it is using the same 'Nintendo Switch Combined Joy-Cons' profile.

Using the Octopus app (mentioned in a previous post) with DraStic doesn't work properly either.

Jan 11, 2017
Hi ppl,

I'm getting stuck on PS4 Remote App. I cannot make it to work because somehow it detects root & shows the same message again and again.

I tried both images, tablet and ATV. Tried installing magisk to pass safetynet + hide root. But no luck.

Is maybe SELinux interfering?

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
Hi ppl,

I'm getting stuck on PS4 Remote App. I cannot make it to work because somehow it detects root & shows the same message again and again.

I tried both images, tablet and ATV. Tried installing magisk to pass safetynet + hide root. But no luck.

Do you have Magisk installed or just the stock install? Also does that usually work without any other setup? I thought it had a way of detecting if you're using a dualshock? I haven't used it yet on switchroot but wanted to give it a try

klinux

Nov 30, 2005
casablanca
Hi ppl,

You need to repack magisk with another name to not be detected by PS remote app also hide remote play app on magisk, I have ps remote play ver 2.0 running well + ds4 adapter + remote play assistant to use the joy con (or other controllers) also my PS4 is jailbroken.

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
can you update "reboot2payload"? black screen after installing the zip
I ran into this too but fixed it by recopying the original /bootloader/ini/00-android.ini file from the switchroot release. If you look at the contents the "payload" param value is different in the reboot2payload files. I think it tries booting up the wrong payload (I'm new to this so not sure if this was what the old releases used)

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks :) Guide works great. Although I flashed the xbox controller layout not knowing it was irreversible. Can anyone please provide me with a .zip to undo the keyboard layout changes?
I was just poking around and it seems like it modifies files in /vendor/usr/keylayout/. You might be able to manually edit and revert these files in your install.
edit: I'm not sure, but you may be able to just find the files referenced in the xbox zip from the main release and copy them back over

Last edited:

bubbameyay

Feb 22, 2021
I’ve seen only a couple people report issues on not being able to connect to WiFi. Any solutions to this issue? Using a dual band router, tried multiple SD cards good and not, restarting the Switch, reset the router and network setting in Android, disabled the 5ghz access on the router and connecting, re-enabled and tried connecting to the 5ghz w/ channel 44 and 40 - still not working. Not too sure what to try, I am uncertain about issues network related. I updated OTA using a data hotspot at least so it works connecting to other networks such as that. Edit - WiFi works in HOS so not an apparent hardware issue at least. Also tried using a Windows 10 device using the WiFi as a hotspot off of it, still failed to connect. Logging into the router, there is no Mac filtering and the device isn’t blocked in any way it seems although it’s also just not being logged as accessing the router - its Mac address is not show as having connected to the router. Another member has posted a log with the same issue it seems but nothing more came of that.

Senior member Arbelzapf post and log. I apologize, unsure of how to properly quote a post on this site.

Last edited:

Su Mucheng

Feb 7, 2021
To the devs:
I think those bugs are critical.
-Fast battery drain on sleep.
-chrome causing crashes and reboots
-edit: i got the power button bug not working as well, after restart.
YES, the Chrome crashing (heck any browser i tried crashed, especially if any video is playing on it) needs to be fixed, i went back to 8 (different SD) cuz it was crasing too much while using browser.

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
Is this able to charge in the dock but still sleep? It seems like the light on the dock is always on unlike in Horizon os but I can't tell if it's going into sleep or not. Usually I like to dock the switch to charge it but rarely use it displaying to the tv.

SaiyaTrunX

Feb 22, 2021
Is it in any way possible to add chromecast reciever capabilities to the tablet version? I know it is probably way easier with the atv version but since the tablet version is more versatile I am using that one.

Ricky21Key

Jun 24, 2016
I was wondering if someone can help me out with PS Remote Play v4.0 app. I can't seem to get it working. I'm not a noob, but I'm definitely no expert hahaha. I have included two logcats that I recorded in the hopes that someone can tell me what the issue is. I used Matlog and only started recording right before I attempted to open the Remote Play app and stopped recording after I received error 88001003 and closed the app. I have no clue how to understand it, so I can't do it myself. Here are the things I have done to help paint the scene. I wiped Android and reinstalled it in order to have it cleaner and I didn't install the EdXposed Module through Magisk this time to try and minimize what's installed before trying the Remote Play app. I hid the Magisk app by renaming it to DroidMan. I installed the BusyBox, MagiskHide Props Config and Systemless Hosts. I checked off Google Services and its subcontents in MagiskHide (Don't remember if I did that before or after I downloaded Termux). Downloaded Termux and changed the value to NVidia Shield Pro 2019 and rebooted to pass SafetyNet. Went into settings to delete the cache and storage for the Google Services Framework and Play Store apps and then downlaoded Remote Play v4.0. Went to MagiskHide and checked off PS Remote Play and its subcontents. Tried to open it and got the error. I haven't yet tried sideloading v3.0 to see if that would work because I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the latest version. In my previous Switchroot install, I had done similar, but had installed EdXposed and in the settings, checked off "Pass SafetyNet" and also checked off Google Services, Play Store and after downloading, I added Remote Play in Xposed Hide (Black). (I wanted EdXposed for the Remote Play Assistant and DS4 Adapter modules). That didn't work, so I decided to reinstall Android and try again without EdXposed, but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.

Edit- Files didn't attach the first time as txt. Zipped and uploaded.

Edit 2- I'm guessing Remote Play v4.0 not working is an SELinux Permissive issue? I downloaded PS Remote Play v3.0 from APKPure and it opened up. Didn't try connecting with my PS4 Pro yet, though. Noticed in MagiskHide that v4.0 had 3 subcontent switches whereas 3.0 only had 1.

Attachments

Last edited:

lakers1222

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks :) Guide works great. Although I flashed the xbox controller layout not knowing it was irreversible. Can anyone please provide me with a .zip to undo the keyboard layout changes?
Thanks for looking into this for me. I managed to remap the keys back to the original setting by replacing the changing the BUTTON_A to BUTTON_B and BUTTON_X to BUTTON_Y using notepad.

I repackaged it back into the .zip and installed it without any problems. (BTW it fails the signature check, because I've modified it without re-signing it, but re-signing is beyond me)

Here is the .zip to revert back to original switch button map.

Reactions: ponyboy82

helloswitch

Feb 7, 2021
Is it in any way possible to add chromecast reciever capabilities to the tablet version? I know it is probably way easier with the atv version but since the tablet version is more versatile I am using that one.
Also does not work on ATV
Chromecast Built-In player for androidTV OS needs license keys that are specific to devices officially licensed by Google to offer androidTV. atvXperience or any other modified androidTV OS firmware will never be able to natively offer an official Chromecast app or Chromecast receiver function

Pais83

Feb 23, 2021
Thanks for the making this possible. I have a question. It's possible to use a USB ethernet adapter plugged to the dock? I didn't manage to make It work on android tv and in Android tablet version

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
Another member has posted a log with the same issue it seems but nothing more came of that.

Senior member Arbelzapf post and log.
I'm not sure we have the same issue. In my case, The switch's wifi won't even turn on - with logs suggesting it's got trouble finding/loading the wifi firmware.

Since you mention you were able to use a hotspot, it seems like you at least HAVE wifi, just that your home network is causing you trouble..?