[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] switchroot Android 10

klinux

Nov 30, 2005
casablanca
I was wondering if someone can help me out with PS Remote Play v4.0 app. I can't seem to get it working. I'm not a noob, but I'm definitely no expert hahaha. I have included two logcats that I recorded in the hopes that someone can tell me what the issue is. I used Matlog and only started recording right before I attempted to open the Remote Play app and stopped recording after I received error 88001003 and closed the app. I have no clue how to understand it, so I can't do it myself. Here are the things I have done to help paint the scene. I wiped Android and reinstalled it in order to have it cleaner and I didn't install the EdXposed Module through Magisk this time to try and minimize what's installed before trying the Remote Play app. I hid the Magisk app by renaming it to DroidMan. I installed the BusyBox, MagiskHide Props Config and Systemless Hosts. I checked off Google Services and its subcontents in MagiskHide (Don't remember if I did that before or after I downloaded Termux). Downloaded Termux and changed the value to NVidia Shield Pro 2019 and rebooted to pass SafetyNet. Went into settings to delete the cache and storage for the Google Services Framework and Play Store apps and then downlaoded Remote Play v4.0. Went to MagiskHide and checked off PS Remote Play and its subcontents. Tried to open it and got the error. I haven't yet tried sideloading v3.0 to see if that would work because I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the latest version. In my previous Switchroot install, I had done similar, but had installed EdXposed and in the settings, checked off "Pass SafetyNet" and also checked off Google Services, Play Store and after downloading, I added Remote Play in Xposed Hide (Black). (I wanted EdXposed for the Remote Play Assistant and DS4 Adapter modules). That didn't work, so I decided to reinstall Android and try again without EdXposed, but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.

Edit- Files didn't attach the first time as txt. Zipped and uploaded.

Edit 2- I'm guessing Remote Play v4.0 not working is an SELinux Permissive issue? I downloaded PS Remote Play v3.0 from APKPure and it opened up. Didn't try connecting with my PS4 Pro yet, though. Noticed in MagiskHide that v4.0 had 3 subcontent switches whereas 3.0 only had 1.
Hi,

I didn't check your logs but what I am using and working fine is the following:

You need to repack magisk with another name to not be detected by PS remote app also hide remote play app on magisk (no need to pass the safetynet check), I have ps remote play ver 2.0 running well (the only thing needed is hide the nav bar to get full screen, u can use systemui tuner it has immersive mode) + ds4 adapter + remote play assistant (ver 0.9 as the newer won't detect controller for me) modules of riru Edxposed to use the joy con (or other controllers) also my PS4 is jailbroken.

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
Hi,

I didn't check your logs but what I am using and working fine is the following:

You need to repack magisk with another name to not be detected by PS remote app also hide remote play app on magisk (no need to pass the safetynet check), I have ps remote play ver 2.0 running well (the only thing needed is hide the nav bar to get full screen, u can use systemui tuner it has immersive mode) + ds4 adapter + remote play assistant (ver 0.9 as the newer won't detect controller for me) modules of riru Edxposed to use the joy con (or other controllers) also my PS4 is jailbroken.
Do you need a jailbroken ps4 for this to work?

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
I was wondering if someone can help me out with PS Remote Play v4.0 app. ...
This doesn't exactly fix your problem but I just downloaded PSPlay last night instead and it works almost flawlessly out of the box. It's a paid app but seems worth it so far https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=psplay.grill.com. I also did the alt login where you get the userid.

The only problems I have so far are that the gyro and rumble don't seem to work, but I don't think these work on Moonlight either so might be a switch/android issue. The performance seems pretty good. I was getting some weird artifacting in one particular game but otherwise it seems to work as well as Moonlight for PC streaming. It also supports PS5 if you have one.

Equalz123

Feb 23, 2021
Using the handheld build in docking on a 4k screen with a resolution of 1080p 59,9hz

Using moonlight to stream I get a 5ms input delay on my bluetooth pro controller while in handheld I have 2,5ms

Any way to reduce my input lag using the android dock build or anything else?

I've also noticed pro controller zl+zr are not working.
(After using the zip from retrogamer I still have this issue, just home and share buttons are messed up too.)

Any help? Cheers!

Pais83

Feb 23, 2021
With a 8bitdo sn30pro i have the same input lag as you, i think that it's a bluetooth delay. Do you play with Moonlight docked over wifi or ethernet?

TookeX

Apr 23, 2012
This doesn't exactly fix your problem but I just downloaded PSPlay last night instead and it works almost flawlessly out of the box. It's a paid app but seems worth it so far https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=psplay.grill.com. I also did the alt login where you get the userid.

The only problems I have so far are that the gyro and rumble don't seem to work, but I don't think these work on Moonlight either so might be a switch/android issue. The performance seems pretty good. I was getting some weird artifacting in one particular game but otherwise it seems to work as well as Moonlight for PC streaming. It also supports PS5 if you have one.
Glad to see here other users recommend PSplay even though a 3rd party paid remote play.
I tried this one with default A10 joycon layout, D-pad can work but since default layout, AB, XY swapped for DS4 layout, without flashing xbox controller layout config.
When I tried customize button mapping I found the issue I met before with official citra.
D-pad button up down left right cannot recognized by system, android 10 will response system level instead emulator mapping setup itself.
I'd like to know whether have you met this issue when you use PSplay, and glad if you can test some other emulator like official citra and I believe there would be more apps that may encounter this problem

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
Glad to see here other users recommend PSplay even though a 3rd party paid remote play.
I tried this one with default A10 joycon layout, D-pad can work but since default layout, AB, XY swapped for DS4 layout, without flashing xbox controller layout config.
When I tried customize button mapping I found the issue I met before with official citra.
D-pad button up down left right cannot recognized by system, android 10 will response system level instead emulator mapping setup itself.
I'd like to know whether have you met this issue when you use PSplay, and glad if you can test some other emulator like official citra and I believe there would be more apps that may encounter this problem
I forgot to mention that I did flash the xbox controller zip too. So far all of the buttons seem to work as expected. I'm pretty sure that I have used the d-pad in psplay. I'll try to test more later when I have a chance. I haven't tried citra or any emulators yet.
The only thing I can think to try is maybe flashing the xbox fix if you can and/or take a look at the files inside that zip file and compare with what is on your switch. I think it's safe to edit those manually to adjust mappings.

usafballer

Sep 26, 2012
PSPLAY is amazing on my switch/android 10 - works very well and runs at 720P/60 on my PS4 Slim - can imagine it is near peer for those with Pro or PS5, especially when docked at 1080P. I don't get it, but XBOX console streaming is of significantly lower quality and I have a XSX right now (always get streaming artifacts). My PS4 Slim just does it better. PC streaming via Moonlight though is utterly untouchable though - but that's high end hardware involved.

It would be nice to have rumble support for both Moonlight and PSPlay, but I think moonlight is held back by controller support in Android 10, rather than anything in Moonlight. Hopefully Moonlight NX gets an update since it supported rumble, but constantly freezes in Atmosphere EMMUC after a couple minutes. I saw on GITHUB that some updated code in the repository in the last day or so, so I think the Devs may be trying to get it updated.

On another note, I notice that when I have my Switch running Android 10 plugged in overnight, it's moderately warm in the morning, as in still charging the battery. When in EMMUC or stock - the unit will be cool to the touch in the AM. Not sure why in Android 10 it's warm, but it does concern me the battery is being stressed?

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
On another note, I notice that when I have my Switch running Android 10 plugged in overnight, it's moderately warm in the morning, as in still charging the battery. When in EMMUC or stock - the unit will be cool to the touch in the AM. Not sure why in Android 10 it's warm, but it does concern me the battery is being stressed?
Do you dock the switch or just plug it in with a cable? I posted earlier, but I usually put it in the dock to charge, and it seems like Android might not actually go all the way to sleep doing this. I think it might be staying awake and charging the whole time. I'm not sure how to confirm though.

usafballer

Sep 26, 2012
Do you dock the switch or just plug it in with a cable? I posted earlier, but I usually put it in the dock to charge, and it seems like Android might not actually go all the way to sleep doing this. I think it might be staying awake and charging the whole time. I'm not sure how to confirm though.
I'm plugged into a third part 60w USB-C charger ...not the dock. It's not hot, but it's not like an electronic device in deep sleep or how I normally sense the coolness of a Switch running stock or CFW.

Reactions: motivmotion
Jan 11, 2017
Do you have Magisk installed or just the stock install? Also does that usually work without any other setup? I thought it had a way of detecting if you're using a dualshock? I haven't used it yet on switchroot but wanted to give it a try
Magisk installed, Safetynet passed after changing signature... but no luck with official PS Remote App

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
Does anyone have an elegant way to boot from switchroot/hekate to sxos and vice versa?
Go into developer settings and enable advanced reboot options. When you go to reboot it should give you a choice to reboot to bootloader which will load up hekate. You can then proceed from there.
(Note: I also installed payload2reboot but I don't think that is actually necessary. I'm also on Atmosphere but I assume SXOS works too)

Reactions: entonjackson