[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] switchroot Android 10

Search This thread

Robles_95

Jul 13, 2018
Hi, thanks for this wonderful feature for our switch! Second, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong since the TV says it's an unsupported device everytime I hook my switch to the TV... Or is there any fix? Thanks in advance!!

vassall89

Mar 13, 2012
tegucigalpa
I've been checking in the thread and didn't find something related with my problem, i tried to install android 10 and everything was fine till the recovery screen showed up and the screen was unresponsive, i tried 2 more times and it was the same, my touch do work in hekate or the switch games but not in twrp recovery is there a workaround for this?

Reactions: piterconlai

MultiKoopa

Feb 22, 2011
Hello. Is it possible to install both Tablet and Android TV versions on the same sd card at the same time? If not... is there any easy way to switch between them without wiping the Android installation every time?

Cross B.

Apr 6, 2021
Hi, i have a issue with android TV version, I installed "prime video" from Google Play, I can open the app but when I want to open a video I get "something went wrong please try again later", does anyone else have that problem? and better yet, a solution? because I really want to watch from my switch, thank you

Phillyrider807

Jul 30, 2010
Is it possible to root the androidtv version?
Without root is there anyway to get netflix on the androidtv version?

Edit answered my own question. Got netflix working on both tablet and androidtv versions using magisk to root.

Last edited:

sk74261700027

Aug 10, 2016
You are paniqued over unknown asumptions. Read this https://switchchargers.com/faq/

Switchroot devs are well concerned about how charging works on this unofficial version of android 10.

On the battery discussion, there's a little bit to the person's concerns, though overall they're misunderstanding a lot of stuff. Android systems do indeed intentionally fast charge batteries by choice and this isn't actually as ideal as it seems. No this won't destroy the battery and no Nintendo doesn't have any proprietary charging methodologies or etc, but they might intentionally be limiting the charge rate to maximize battery lifetime and this is a very real thing if so. Phone/tablet users as a whole want fast charging no matter what, fully with the intent to replace their devices every few years at the latest anyway, but when you buy a console like the Switch you typically want it to last a long time (plus you know how Nintendo tends to build their stuff to high tolerances -- even if they have been slipping a lot lately.) Fast charging is indeed more stressful to the battery, but no it won't damage or break it, it merely decreases its useful lifetime slightly. I do want to add that it's not just charge rate that matters, but temperature and voltage as well (which are, in fact, more important.) Of course a higher charge rate tends to produce a higher battery temperature. Obviously Nintendo has elected to at least choose to limit the charge rate. (And it's worth noting that even in the stock OS at the slow rate the battery does get a bit warm, so I'm guessing they really had to strike a balance here.) That, or maybe they were just lazy and simply didn't integrate fast charging into the system. (The lower charge rate is absolutely necessary when running at 5V since that already pushes around 3 amps from the power source, so perhaps they were just too lazy to make it decide smartly to use more current when it gets a higher voltage than that.) Obviously they didn't choose to limit the charging voltage (most people would hate that.)

It's not even a huge difference at first, but it's all the difference between a 2017 phone that is having a pitiful battery life and a Nintendo Switch from 2017 still having a fairly useful lifetime even if not exactly great (not that it ever was great.) Both are reduced from when they were new, but the phone is significantly more so (and let me tell you that games murder the phone's battery, but then Android gaming always did suck anyway.) I do think it has legitimately helped with my phone as its battery life is still pretty decent despite everything.

I do think that ALL Android distributions should actually take this into consideration more and give the user a bit more of an option as to which they prefer. Fast charging is great for the on-the-go user's lifestyle where one needs to charge that phone quickly and get going again and intends to toss it in the trash and buy the latest thing to hit the shelves in a couple of years anyway. But some of us don't tend so much this direction and a slow charge with a longer lasting battery is actually more suitable for us who feel this way. I've actually seen a bit of an inkling of this sort of idea in SONY's stock ROMs which was nice to see at least -- at least someone out there has had the idea. I really think this is something that should be ultimately up to the user as the choice is significant and affects how the hardware will be used.

To some extent the "acc" module (available for Magisk or I think can be manually installed on fully rooted writable systems) attempts to correct this for those of us who want to increase the overall lifetimes of our batteries. I find this particularly necessary on my phone because it *is* a 2017 phone ironically and never had a great battery (it's a cheap economy model) so the last thing it needs is for that battery to wear out. However, I've also found out the hard way that acc is pretty limited in what it can do depending on the system itself (and to that end I think the issue comes down to the OS more than anything. Which is LineageOS on my phone too.) In many cases it can even limit charge rate (albeit in a bit of a hacky way on some,) but in mine it won't. It can limit maximum charge percentage (which, voltage-wise, seems to work out to 92% being optimal on mine) but then it stops charging until the next reboot on that phone. I haven't had the chance to try it on the Switch yet, but my suspicion is I'll see similar poor support. At best a maximum percentage limit, not a rate limit would be my guess. (I do intend to try it soon though. My classic stays docked 99% of the time anyway, so a maximum charge limit would not be the worst thing in the world.) Ultimately the only real solution is that the OS itself -- which can handle this stuff at a much lower level than rooted/Magisk/etc software can do -- to allow the user to decide. If it had proper low level control it would be quite easy to limit charge voltage and current and there is definitely a notable benefit to doing so and this ultimately should be the OS's job IMO.

So, coming back to the ongoing discussion, this is more a matter to take up with the LineageOS developers themselves. And I have no clue how you'd even get in touch with them as I never even got really simple stuff like the volume steps fix to even reach their attention (and all that is is a simple change of some numbers in one single source file that would take mere seconds to do. It's worth noting that Google has ignored users trying to bring that one to their attention since the Android 2.x days, so I guess some things just get auto ignored. BTW, given its strong media focus maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the Switch port had more volume steps hint hint.) Giving the user optional control over battery charging (preferably both rate and max voltage) is significantly more work to say the very least. Still, they are the ones to talk to about this, not the Switch port's developers. Such a thing needs to be integrated into the base system and then that would make it over to the Switch by default anyway. So to be clear, this is definitely not a Switch-specific matter and there are advantages and disadvantages both ways with Nintendo's choice likely making more sense for normal Switch use (but then a fast charge could be handy if you're about to head out the door and want to just charge it real fast. Thus it should definitely be a choice.) Feel free to see if you can have more luck catching their attention.

Okay!

so, i figured something out about all of this...

this Android OS on the Switch is sometimes not charging the battery to full.

after restarting the Switch back to Android system with a 100% battery, Android then said battery was only at 77%. i charged the battery to full 100% again, and restarted. this time it says battery at 88%. i did it again and then it said battery at 99%. one more time... charge back to 100% and restart and says 100%.

another thing i notice, is that Android will often report the battery as being 99% even after having been on charge overnight. i can restart Android and still be at 99%.

as of to what is causing Android to sometimes not fully charge the battery, but yet it reports as fully charged? i don't know.

all-in-all, this would probably explain why i thought Android was charging the battery faster than normal.

~

on a side note... is too bad we can't reset the battery on the Switch. at least, as far as i know it can't be done.

closest i can think of is a partial reset of sorts, but haven't tried it. it would be leaving a small percentage of battery and charging while in RCM. from what i can tell, you can charge in RCM but it is very very slow. i don't imagine this would be an effective way to reset the battery.

only other thing i already found before was this > https://www.tomsguide.com/us/nintendo-switch-battery-indicator-fix,news-25575.html

does anyone know of a way that is possible to actually reset the battery?

Last edited:

MarioReels

Apr 9, 2021
It looks like netflix doesn't want to work, i downloaded the release netflix tell you to download when you get the "device not supported" error but i still get it anyway. I also tried to change the device fingerprint to pass the safetynet checks but no dice (as in i pass the checks now but netflix still doesn't work).
Every other streaming service seems to work fine, prime video and disney+ included.
You use the TvBox version or the Tablet one?, because i cant run prime video on the TvBox version, but i found an custom apk for the netflix app on TvBox too

MarioReels

Apr 9, 2021
Does someone have an working apk or an method to run prime video on the TvBox version?, i already tried with magisk and it didnt work :c

Reactions: Cross B.

Asia81

May 28, 2017
Hello, my TV doesn't have a sound output, so I have to use my wired earphone through the jack.
When I dock my switchroot to play on TV, the sound in the earphone instantly stop working, do you have any idea why ? I can't manage to have sound when docked as my TV doesn't have sound output.

Sonoron

Feb 13, 2021
Hello, my TV doesn't have a sound output, so I have to use my wired earphone through the jack.
When I dock my switchroot to play on TV, the sound in the earphone instantly stop working, do you have any idea why ? I can't manage to have sound when docked as my TV doesn't have sound output.
When the switch is docked, the audio and video feed is surely switched to hdmi. I think the easiest way is to use a hub with hdmi and jack output, compatible with switch.

Last edited:

Pbem

Feb 19, 2012
Is there anyway to config the button layout of a controller that connects to the usb-c port? My controller is recognized as a pro controller, but it is "wired" and not via Bluetooth. so I cant dump them as normal joycons.
In this case is a Dobe controller (but i think it is the same with some Ipega).

Conclusion: Is it possible to dump (or something similar) a wired controller layout? or we can only do it via Bluetooth controllers (like the joy-cons)?

Last edited:

djasmithxda

Dec 18, 2010
Ashford
After applying OTA 12/02/2021, the other grip controller becomes unresponsive when the HORI grip controller is reconnected.
05/02/2021 build confirmed that this is not happening, so I am unable to update to 12/02/2021.
I have this same issue too.

On 05/02/2021 I had an evening with no Hori split pad pro issues.

After updating to 12/02/2021 after waking from sleep/off one of the controllers no longer functions.

If I slide the non functioning controller out of the rail and back in again it works but then the controller that was working no longer functions.

Only solution thus far is to restart and never let the Switch sleep.

I do not appear to have this issue when the joy-cons are in use.

I note @ponyboy82 also had or has this issue - https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-switchroot-android-10.4229761/post-84530409

Sheylin

Apr 16, 2021
I installed the tablet version. I have a weird problem the switch wifi is recognized I can see my network, but when I try to connect to it it gets stuck in a loop of trying to connect and not managing to connect. Password is correct and I don't have any mac filter or other stuff enabled there. Tried the 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks. Also tried reinstalling Android, tablet and atv versions seem to yield the same results. Anyone had those kind of problems before, is there a way to debug this?

I tried connecting it to my mac with usb debugging enabled and setting the wifi logging to high but 'adb devices' wouldn't list the switch I can't use logcat on it.

I can the the disabled reason in wifi settings as: network_selection_disabled_association_rejection=5

The wifi driver itself seems to be fine, I can open a hotspot on the switch and connect to it with other devices.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    A new, updated version of Android for the Nintendo Switch. Now based off of Android 10 (Q) (LineageOS 17.1 with Shield TV trees) it's faster, more responsive and has many new features over the previous release, including deep sleep and an Android TV build.

Features
    • Android 10 based on Lineage 17.1
    • Significantly improved UI smoothness compared to Oreo.
    • OTA updates (bugfixes and new features without a reinstall).
    • Deep sleep that can last for weeks compared to hours in the previous version.
    • RSMouse support for controlling a mouse cursor with your right stick
    • Full Joy-Con and Pro Controller support with analog sticks and rails.
    • Hori Joy-Con support.
    • Uses Joy-Con HOS Bluetooth paring data.
    • Both Android TV and Android Tablet builds.
    • Reworked fan profiles for quieter operation.
    • Optimized dock support with resolution scaling.
    • OTG support including DisplayPort or HDMI output (no power supply necessary).
    • 3rd party dock/hub support including DisplayPort or HDMI output.
    • Rewritten charging driver to properly support USB-PD.
    • Optimized touch screen driver.
    • Easier install via hekate partition tool.
    • Reworked, simpler, power profiles.
    • Much improved WiFi driver with less dropouts.
    • Shield TV remote app support for easy docked control.
    • Reboot to payload support.
    • Improved Bluetooth accessory support.
    • Auto rotation support.

Installing
    Follow the tutorial here

Stay in touch

Discord:https://discord.gg/6gWvaASF72
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/switchroot_org

Sources
    https://gitlab.com/switchroot/android
    https://gitlab.com/switchroot
    See manifest repo for build instructions.

Credits
    Ave - Handling hosting of OTAs and the switchroot website. Check out her patreon!
    CTCaer - Fixing a lot of things in the kernel - charging, dock, touch etc - and adding Android install support for nyx. Donate to his patreon here!
    Langerhans - Figuring out the majority of stuff for deep sleep and helping massively with initial bringup.
    Steel01 - Maintaining the Shield TV Lineage trees which ours are heavily based on.
    Nvidia + Nintendo - ❤
    Everyone else who contributed!
    runs great games run great emulators runs great but my bluethoot headphones cut in and out the audio for some reazon maybe a bug anyone having the same problem? apart from that android is running great
    Will be fixed in next OTA
    Running great except "Bluetooth" keeps crashing multiple times after starting up the system.
    But Bluetooth works afterwards.

Is this a known issue?

thx

Does anyone has the same issue?
    Will be fixed in next OTA

I was able to get some logs concerning my broken Wifi. Below is a logcat of me tapping on the wifi icon in the notification dropdown. There's some errors and I hope it helps getting to the bottom of the problem.

Code:
    =u:r:magisk_client:s0:c84,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:r:hal_graphics_allocator_default:s0 tclass=fd permissive=1 app=com.android.terminal
    02-08 20:40:39.375  6777  6777 I su      : type=1400 audit(0.0:714): avc: denied { read } for name="audio.primary.tegra.so" dev="mmcblk0p3" ino=536 scontext=u:r:magisk_client:s0:c84,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=1 app=com.android.terminal
    02-08 20:40:39.375  6777  6777 I su      : type=1400 audit(0.0:715): avc: denied { getattr } for path="/vendor/lib/hw/audio.primary.tegra.so" dev="mmcblk0p3" ino=536 scontext=u:r:magisk_client:s0:c84,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=1 app=com.android.terminal
    02-08 20:40:39.375  6777  6777 I su      : type=1400 audit(0.0:716): avc: denied { read } for name="bin" dev="mmcblk0p3" ino=26 scontext=u:r:magisk_client:s0:c84,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=1 app=com.android.terminal
    02-08 20:40:39.727  6781  6781 D AndroidRuntime: >>>>>> START com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit uid 0 <<<<<<
    02-08 20:40:39.733  6781  6781 I AndroidRuntime: Using default boot image
    02-08 20:40:39.734  6781  6781 I AndroidRuntime: Leaving lock profiling enabled
    02-08 20:40:39.739  6781  6781 I /system/bin/app_process: Core platform API reporting enabled, enforcing=false
    02-08 20:40:39.888  6781  6781 D ICU     : Time zone APEX file found: /apex/com.android.tzdata/etc/icu/icu_tzdata.dat
    02-08 20:40:39.906  6781  6781 I /system/bin/app_process: The ClassLoaderContext is a special shared library.
    02-08 20:40:39.930  6781  6781 W /system/bin/app_process: JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for android.media.AudioAttributes
    02-08 20:40:39.938  6781  6781 D AndroidRuntime: Calling main entry com.android.commands.content.Content
    02-08 20:40:39.957  6781  6781 D AndroidRuntime: Shutting down VM
    02-08 20:40:39.967  6574  6574 I RenderThread: type=1400 audit(0.0:717): avc: denied { call } for scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_27:s0:c129,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:r:hal_cplservice_default:s0 tclass=binder permissive=1 app=com.topjohnwu.magisk
    02-08 20:40:39.971  6574  6574 I RenderThread: type=1400 audit(0.0:718): avc: denied { call } for scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_27:s0:c129,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:r:hal_cplservice_default:s0 tclass=binder permissive=1 app=com.topjohnwu.magisk
    02-08 20:40:41.115  3376  3376 I InputReader: type=1400 audit(0.0:719): avc: denied { call } for scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:r:init:s0 tclass=binder permissive=1
    02-08 20:40:41.972  3376  3911 W NotificationService: Toast already killed. pkg=com.topjohnwu.magisk callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@f6bb064
    02-08 20:40:43.435  3149  3149 I storaged: type=1400 audit(0.0:720): avc: denied { call } for scontext=u:r:storaged:s0 tcontext=u:r:init:s0 tclass=binder permissive=1
    02-08 20:40:43.463  3376  3398 W WindowManager: Unable to start animation, surface is null or no children.
    02-08 20:40:52.965  3376  3376 W WindowManager: removeWindowToken: Attempted to remove non-existing token: android.os.Binder@3f976a3
    02-08 20:41:00.002  3586  3586 D KeyguardClockSwitch: Updating clock: 20:41
    02-08 20:41:08.115  3376  3412 E LightsService: Light requested not available on this device. 2
    02-08 20:41:08.117  3376  3470 E LightsService: Light requested not available on this device. 2
    02-08 20:41:46.319  3586  3586 D StatusBar: disable<e i a s b h r c s > disable2<q i n >
    02-08 20:41:46.363  3519  3538 D RSMouse : mFeatureEnabled=true  mPackageEnabled=true
    02-08 20:41:48.149  3376  4233 I WifiService: setWifiEnabled package=com.android.systemui uid=10097 enable=true
    02-08 20:41:48.149  3376  3485 D WifiController: StaEnabledState.enter()
    02-08 20:41:48.149  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: received a message in WifiDisabledState: { when=0 what=0 target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
    02-08 20:41:48.149  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Switching from WifiDisabledState to ClientMode
    02-08 20:41:48.149  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Entering ClientModeActiveState
    02-08 20:41:48.150  3376  3486 D WifiClientModeManager: entering IdleState
    02-08 20:41:48.150  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: State changed from client mode. state = 2
    02-08 20:41:48.151  3376  3376 D WifiP2pService: Wifi enabled=false, P2P Interface availability=true
    02-08 20:41:48.151  3376  3486 I WifiVendorHal: Vendor Hal started successfully
    02-08 20:41:48.153  3376  3486 I SupplicantStaIfaceHal: Starting supplicant using HIDL
    02-08 20:41:48.154  3376  3487 I WifiP2pNative: Registering for interface available listener
    02-08 20:41:48.156  3376  3486 I android_os_HwBinder: HwBinder: Starting thread pool for getting: android.hardware.wifi.supplicant@1.0::ISupplicant/default
    02-08 20:41:48.156  3376  3486 E SupplicantStaIfaceHal: Death handler already present
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3068  3068 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to open wlan fw path param: No such file or directory
    02-08 20:41:48.155  3068  3068 I wifi@1.0-servic: type=1400 audit(0.0:721): avc: denied { read } for name="fw_path" dev="mmcblk0p10" ino=784924 scontext=u:r:hal_wifi_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:wifi_vendor_data_file:s0 tclass=lnk_file permissive=1
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3068  3068 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to change firmware mode
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 D HalDevMgr: updateRttController: no one is interested in RTT controllers
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 E HalDevMgr: executeChipReconfiguration: configureChip error: 9 ()
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 E WifiVendorHal: Failed to create STA iface
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 E WifiNative: Failed to create STA iface in vendor HAL
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 E WifiClientModeManager: Failed to create ClientInterface. Sit in Idle
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: State changed from client mode. state = 4
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 D WifiClientModeManager: expected stop, not triggering callbacks: newState = 1
    02-08 20:41:48.161  3376  3486 E WifiNative: Could not get Iface object for interface null
    02-08 20:41:48.162  3376  3376 D WifiP2pService: Wifi enabled=false, P2P Interface availability=true
    02-08 20:41:48.162  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: ClientMode failed, return to WifiDisabledState.
    02-08 20:41:48.162  3376  3486 D WifiController: ClientMode unexpected failure: state unknown
    02-08 20:41:48.162  3376  3486 D WifiClientModeManager:  currentstate: IdleState
    02-08 20:41:48.162  3376  3486 D WifiScanRequestProxy: Sending scan available broadcast: false
    02-08 20:41:48.162  3376  3489 I WifiScanningService: wifi driver unloaded
    02-08 20:41:48.163  3376  3486 I WifiScanRequestProxy: Scanning is disabled
    02-08 20:41:48.164  3376  3409 D KernelCpuUidUserSysTimeReader: Removing uids 1037-1037
    02-08 20:41:48.165  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Entering WifiDisabledState
    02-08 20:41:48.166  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: received a message in WifiDisabledState: { when=-3ms what=3 target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
    02-08 20:41:48.166  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Switching from WifiDisabledState to WifiDisabled
    02-08 20:41:48.166  3376  3486 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Entering WifiDisabledState
    02-08 20:41:48.166  3376  3486 E WifiNative: Could not get Iface object for interface null
    02-08 20:41:48.169  4206  4782 W Settings: Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Global, returning read-only value.
    02-08 20:41:49.891  3069  3069 I joycond : type=1400 audit(0.0:722): avc: denied { read } for scontext=u:r:init:s0 tcontext=u:r:init:s0 tclass=netlink_kobject_uevent_socket permissive=1

EDIT:

I also grabbed a dmesg which I have uploaded to my server since it's too large to attach here

Grepping for "wifi"/"wlan" yields a whole lot of errors, for example:
    service "vendor.wifiloader" exited with status 255

Naturally, wifi works just fine in Horizon, just in case you suspect faulty hardware
    Thanks, does it only crash after sleep?

How Can I reboot to hekate ? Thanks
    Reboot and hold vol-
    For me the sleep mode is not working. Battery draining really fast. Anyone with the same problem?
    Should be fixed in OTA
    Today my Lp0 didn't work. I use CPU spy to observe this. This happened after a reboot.

My switch stayed on with 100mhz all the time but screen was off.

I turned wifi and bt on and off. This helped. Afterwards my switch went into deep sleep again and stayed there as long as the screen was off.

Maybe this helps.
    Should be fixed in OTA
    Flash this in TWRP and reboot. It fixes ZL ZR button for the pro controller in bluetooth.
    I'm unable to connect to wifi.
    anyone get safetynet to pass?
    I flashed it and gapps and tested safety net and it failed. Wasn't sure if there was something I missed

yes I did. To me a while to work out but you have to:

1. Mans sure you have flashed magisk
    2. In the manager install busybox and magiskhidepropsconf
    3. Reboot
    4. Install termux from the App Store
    5. Open termux and type ‘su props’
    6. Option 1 then follow the instructions to change the fingerprint to nvidia shield tv pro 2019
    7. Reboot and it all works