• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][T710][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
First of all, i'm no thief or a kanger, the only thing i used from you was your kernel modified for oreo , the rest of the sources were initiated by raymanfx BUT they wouldnt compile, and anan is witness to that because i sent him the files to test aswell, the kernel by lineageOS had sepolicy errors which i tried very hard to fix but they woudnt boot with it, FYI before you initiated Oreo commits to your kernel, i already had added my fixes to it, like the missin zimage type, min/max errors, you can ask matt about that, then when i finally got to bootloop it was ueventd error which remi told me about, after that i was missing manifest which by help of matt i generated for gts2 by looking at his. the sources that were upped had problems which i fixed so i pushed them with them included minus the orignal author thats my bad i agree, but please dont call me a kanger atleast i deserve that much respect. this is not a competition to become famous, you withheld souces and the rom from others before aswell and when i always asked you for help you simply gave meaningless answers, rayman never replied, the lineage irc channel is full of dickheads so i did all of it on my own with help from Matt and remy.

i'll add your forked kernel in OP, and also releasing the bare minimum version was because so others could help me fix it not for becoming famous, i've been on xda since windows mobile days and have made my share of custom roms,apps so i dont need to be famous

You have one big problem. I can very easy prove that you use my kernel, my vendor and my devicetree. Know how? Conitue to lie or just ask everyone who tried to compile from my sources. Good luck again.

Ps: very sad that people here dont have opportunity to read what you are writing... very sad...

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
You have one big problem. I can very easy prove that you use my kernel, my vendor and my devicetree. Know how? Conitue to lie or just ask everyone who tried to compile from my sources. Good luck again.

Ps: very sad that people here dont have opportunity to read what you are writing... very sad...

Because I can't build with either of your repos, regardless of who they come from, let me be a neutral 3rd party: Everyone here has the opportunity to read what is written, so whatever you meant by that... :silly:

For the sake of the Tab S2 2015 community, can one or both of you please write very specific instructions as to which repos must be used to build gts28wifi as well as any repopicks you've made to get the darn thing to actually compile :p Your repos, as they are, don't compile, so I have no clue how you've managed to create any builds. I'm not complaining, just waiting patiently for something that can be used to build.

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Because I can't build with either of your repos, regardless of who they come from, let me be a neutral 3rd party: Everyone here has the opportunity to read what is written, so whatever you meant by that... :silly:

For the sake of the Tab S2 2015 community, can one or both of you please write very specific instructions as to which repos must be used to build gts28wifi as well as any repopicks you've made to get the darn thing to actually compile :p Your repos, as they are, don't compile, so I have no clue how you've managed to create any builds. I'm not complaining, just waiting patiently for something that can be used to build.

Dont spend you time. Just compare source code. You will not any difference there except kernel path in device tree.
And yes, I should finally learn you how to compile my sources.. :)

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
@Ather you asked me not to call you kanger because you i deserve that more respect. I agree with. You deserve much more deserve I can offer to you.
So, please< answer to my simple question. If you didnt use my vendor and devicetree,
1. why do you have identical vendor libs with me?
2. why do you have identical permission list with me?
you mentioned Anan? No problem. @ananjaser1211 See. He also knows how to implement vulkan support in exynos5433. This is wonderful! But he says he doesn't use my vendor and configs at all. And yes, we all believe him...
3. Why audio configs are identical with me?
4. Why init scripts are identical with me?
5. Why build.prop is also identical with me?

Yes, I see changes with gps and loggy. But to be honest I dont believe in such concurrences...

Have a nice day!

Reactions: EVOLw

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
to addition to previous post
all this time I cant understand only one thing. I'm not a perfect and usually leave some mistakes in config, useless parameters, experiment stuff... So why do you have all of that in your rom if you didn't use my device tree?

engine95

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
all this time I cant understand only one thing. I'm not a perfect and usually leave some mistakes in config, useless parameters, experiment stuff... So why do you have all of that in your rom if you didn't use my device tree?

This attack really needs to stop. It's getting old. You've done it now with both 14 and 15 Lineages. I don't understand why it is that you keep posting you have something working, yet refuse to release it to the public here on XDA.
At least Ather has released something for people to use and work with. You did, then withdrew, while still posting how wrong, others did it.

If you want recognition, you've got it for both of you're Lineages. And if that's all your looking for, then please just ask for it. Stop pointing out your supposed work that you won't post here on XDA.
We've ALL APRECIATED the work that you have posted here!!! And would appreciate it even more if you would keep releasing.

Google- open source, Android- open source, GitHub- open source, XDA- open source-with permission. You might want to look up what open source means. Basically, if it's in any of these places, then it's open to all to modify, release, create, etc

I really tried to support you with 14. But now with 15, you just seem to want to attack peoples work. Claiming you have something that no one else does. (15) Then when its posted, claiming its all your work.

So please, just stop attacking and either ask for some recognition, or release your own work

XDA is a collaboration, so please use it that way. Anything posted on XDA has to have source with it. (Some of your past work has not) And it's helps EVERYONE if they can replicate and build your work and make fixes. That's the idea behind XDA and Open sources.

In my 10 years+ on XDA, I've seen this happen quite a bit and it's usually solved by just asking for credit if credit is deserved. I've also been in this same predicament.

Edit Another option is to NOT post your source anywhere its openly available, or make it private so no one can use your work. But then, it won't be allowed on XDA. Also, some of my explanations are general, and not literal.
I'm having flashbacks of FreeGee, Bump, Open Bump and jcase wars of the past and really don't want to see these happen again.

Last edited:

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
So bonuzzz please tell me what you repo init so that I can do the same. All my builds are based on repo init of Lineage, if that's not enough to build from your sources, why don't you just fork lineage repos and make your changes to those? I still can't figure out what you're doing but I will happily build all 4 variants daily, as I do for my phone and others. See my signature.

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io

He was writing me also when he tried to compile...
Do you think the rom without wifi is very useful for users? I dont think so..
Answer me one question: what the difference between my code and his code?
I said I ignored this situation until he reuploaded my sources without leaving any history and mention. But he had my forked sources on his git until yesterday.. I dont know why he decided to assign all work to himself. And I really wonder why the xda stuff, retired in particular allows himself to just steal other work.
I dont need any credits of something, but I spent my time to bring up oreo here and it is very unrespectful to just kang all work, publish with other credits and wrote he spent 2 weeks for that..

Just curious, why you answer to me instead of him?

Hello, I helped him to bring oreo to this tab, this is a work in progress, who told it was not useless to flash it and ready for daily use ?

You are right, he used your sources, might you would like to be added on credit right. A quick pm would have been better.. I do not know you that much, might you started to do lineage 15.1 too, in this case you can create a git project and work together, I would be glad to see this project growing up ! I think working together is the best way to learn from each others ! ;)

Ps: useless to call him a thief, this is just a mistake .. useless to create a new drama about this story, hope to see you working together

In my group we i.e @McFy @Ather @Skulldron and put togather our lineage os 15.1 for the tab s2.... if @bouNzzz says that @Ather stole your work then i have to say XDA and Android are open source stuff so if u call ather nabbed your work then i think in the first place u should have made ur updated trees and sources public which would make sense since android is open source so yeah that's ur work agreed but i don't think its good to keep that work to yourself... we don't care if @bonuzzz has left the tab s2 development or not but other people still use this device and a pinch of them are interested in its development so i again say u should have released your code in the first place we could have avoided this discussion.... but nevertheless who i am i to teach u anything so whatever u want to do but don't interfere with our work. Special thanks to @McFy for all the in depth help thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

This is what i think however this is a free world so you are free to share your thoughts i have no problems hearing to them....

Reactions: McFy
G

GuestK00141

Of two things one, why are you arguing about something absolutely not working and why are you not working together,hand in hand, to get sth working.
So please stop arguing and try to make this wonderful project achieved.
PS: if you want glory, post your PayPal link because nobody know you and will remember of you one day. You are doing this as a hobby.
It's because of guys like you that dirty unicorn left xda.

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
In my group we i.e @McFy @Ather @Skulldron and put togather our lineage os 15.1 for the tab s2.... if @bouNzzz says that @Ather stole your work then i have to say XDA and Android are open source stuff so if u call ather nabbed your work then i think in the first place u should have made ur updated trees and sources public which would make sense since android is open source so yeah that's ur work agreed but i don't think its good to keep that work to yourself... we don't care if @bonuzzz has left the tab s2 development or not but other people still use this device and a pinch of them are interested in its development so i again say u should have released your code in the first place we could have avoided this discussion.... but nevertheless who i am i to teach u anything so whatever u want to do but don't interfere with our work. Special thanks to @McFy for all the in depth help thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

This is what i think however this is a free world so you are free to share your thoughts i have no problems hearing to them....

To be honest I dont want to answer you. If you want see my sources, check my topics or ask Ather. He had my forked sources in his git.
It doesnt matter what work you used. Evert participated side made own conclusions already. Ather said he uploaded wrong sources. We were waiting, but it is also meaningless now.

So, guys, you are the first who published oreo rom for s2. Even without any hardware stuff. But first. So, good luck you, guys. This my last message here. So, bye. I hope you know what you do.

Reactions: Androbots

engine95

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
To be honest I dont want to answer you. If you want see my sources, check my topics or ask Ather. He had my forked sources in his git.
It doesnt matter what work you used. Evert participated side made own conclusions already. Ather said he uploaded wrong sources. We were waiting, but it is also meaningless now.

So, guys, you are the first who published oreo rom for s2. Even without any hardware stuff. But first. So, good luck you, guys. This my last message here. So, bye. I hope you know what you do.

Check your PM.
Again, I'm sorry to see you leave. You've been the one making progress with Lineage....

legojoe8

Jun 29, 2016
unknown
When you say Video/Audio playback on mxplayer/vlc works for now does that mean video/audio playback doesn't work from things like YouTube?

Sent from my SM-G960U using XDA Labs

myfishbear

Nov 11, 2010
Northren NJ
Why does everyone have to crap on each other? I used to dev on the droid 4 and a couple other devices and ditched it since this place is so toxic. I wish it was like the old of Android days where ppl gave ppl credit for borrowed stuff and ppl shared more freely like that guy hashcode0f

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
@bonuzzz im sorry i uploaded the wrong sources, anan asked me to check about it and it indeed was this, i'll be removing this thread since you have released your version, i have sold my Tab S2 so i wont be working on it anymore, keep up the good work, sorry for replying late, was on an emergency mission at the Border

Reactions: McFy

just so you know, LOS15 is up on my 710, @ripee figured out your sources from your device tree. thanks for the hard work

everythings working, new build in my signiture

by the way .. everything is open source , including ego

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

@bonuzzz im sorry i uploaded the wrong sources, anan asked me to check about it and it indeed was this, i'll be removing this thread since you have released your version, i have sold my Tab S2 so i wont be working on it anymore, keep up the good work, sorry for replying late, was on an emergency mission at the Border

@Ather . thanks for your hard work in your development. forget about @bonuzzz , he has no sources up, and is all ego and a crybaby. the work you do is yours, and everything you did is open source, he cant say anything is his. I have had this conversation before

so if you got to go, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
stick around

@ripee new build for the t710 in my signature. sources at github.com/ripee were both on telegram

come see me on telegram @bonuzzz sometime.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • USB OTG
    • Rotation
    • Key backlights
    • Video/Audio playback on mxplayer/vlc for now

What's NOT working :
    • Everything Else

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...
    [email protected]

Contributors
    Ather
    Source Code:
    android_vendor_samsung_gts28wifi
    android_vendor_samsung_gts2-common
    android_device_samsung_gts28wifi
    android_device_samsung_gts2-common
    android_kernel_samsung_exynos5433
    local_manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-04-05
    Last Updated 2018-04-05

This attack really needs to stop. It's getting old. You've done it now with both 14 and 15 Lineages. I don't understand why it is that you keep posting you have something working, yet refuse to release it to the public here on XDA.
    At least Ather has released something for people to use and work with. You did, then withdrew, while still posting how wrong, others did it.

If you want recognition, you've got it for both of you're Lineages. And if that's all your looking for, then please just ask for it. Stop pointing out your supposed work that you won't post here on XDA.
    We've ALL APRECIATED the work that you have posted here!!! And would appreciate it even more if you would keep releasing.

Google- open source, Android- open source, GitHub- open source, XDA- open source-with permission. You might want to look up what open source means. Basically, if it's in any of these places, then it's open to all to modify, release, create, etc

I really tried to support you with 14. But now with 15, you just seem to want to attack peoples work. Claiming you have something that no one else does. (15) Then when its posted, claiming its all your work.

So please, just stop attacking and either ask for some recognition, or release your own work

XDA is a collaboration, so please use it that way. Anything posted on XDA has to have source with it. (Some of your past work has not) And it's helps EVERYONE if they can replicate and build your work and make fixes. That's the idea behind XDA and Open sources.

In my 10 years+ on XDA, I've seen this happen quite a bit and it's usually solved by just asking for credit if credit is deserved. I've also been in this same predicament.

Edit Another option is to NOT post your source anywhere its openly available, or make it private so no one can use your work. But then, it won't be allowed on XDA. Also, some of my explanations are general, and not literal.
    I'm having flashbacks of FreeGee, Bump, Open Bump and jcase wars of the past and really don't want to see these happen again.
    First of all, i'm no thief or a kanger, the only thing i used from you was your kernel modified for oreo , the rest of the sources were initiated by raymanfx BUT they wouldnt compile, and anan is witness to that because i sent him the files to test aswell, the kernel by lineageOS had sepolicy errors which i tried very hard to fix but they woudnt boot with it, FYI before you initiated Oreo commits to your kernel, i already had added my fixes to it, like the missin zimage type, min/max errors, you can ask matt about that, then when i finally got to bootloop it was ueventd error which remi told me about, after that i was missing manifest which by help of matt i generated for gts2 by looking at his. the sources that were upped had problems which i fixed so i pushed them with them included minus the orignal author thats my bad i agree, but please dont call me a kanger atleast i deserve that much respect. this is not a competition to become famous, you withheld souces and the rom from others before aswell and when i always asked you for help you simply gave meaningless answers, rayman never replied, the lineage irc channel is full of dickheads so i did all of it on my own with help from Matt and remy.

i'll add your forked kernel in OP, and also releasing the bare minimum version was because so others could help me fix it not for becoming famous, i've been on xda since windows mobile days and have made my share of custom roms,apps so i dont need to be famous
    What is the benefit of this new lineage over PoseidonROM 1.1?
    This is pure Android from Google as opposed to Samsung's modifications, this is the latest android version (8.1.x) where as Samsung stopped at 7.0 for our t710 model, this has the latest security patch as of yesterday April 5th,whilst our TouchWiz rom has from January

Sure this Rom will have bugs but hopefully we'll fix them
    complete sources are added to OP