[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][T719][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
@gkwok : your nightly builds stopped a week ago, with the last build available suspiciously smaller than all the others. Can you please check? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: gkwok

gkwok

Dec 14, 2019
@gkwok : your nightly builds stopped a week ago, with the last build available suspiciously smaller than all the others. Can you please check? Thank you in advance.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out.

The binaries that I've been uploading to sourceforge have been working though.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos16-gts28velte/

Maybe that's a better location for them anyway, I might just end up putting up a link to go there.

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008

Ollibolli85

Sep 20, 2017
Good evening everybody,

is there a way to charge the T719 a little bit faster?

Maybe with a stronger charger + suitable USB-cable (Quick/Fast Charge)?

eossam

Mar 5, 2020
Android Patch Level

@gkwok, first of all thank you for the ROM. I appreciate your work.

Question:
SRLabs' SnoopSnitch v2.0.11 (40) Android patch level analysis shows
Claimed patch level: 2020-08-05
31 Patched
8Patch missing
41 Test inconclusive
1 Not affected

The 8 patches are missing in 2020-01 (1x), 2020-02 (3x). 2020-04 (3x) and 2020-05 (1x).

For the months 2020-06, 2020-07, 2020-08 there is no analysis data at all.

Do you have an explanation for this?

gkwok

Dec 14, 2019
@gkwok, first of all thank you for the ROM. I appreciate your work.

Question:
SRLabs' SnoopSnitch v2.0.11 (40) Android patch level analysis shows
Claimed patch level: 2020-08-05
31 Patched
8Patch missing
41 Test inconclusive
1 Not affected

The 8 patches are missing in 2020-01 (1x), 2020-02 (3x). 2020-04 (3x) and 2020-05 (1x).

For the months 2020-06, 2020-07, 2020-08 there is no analysis data at all.

Do you have an explanation for this?

I have no idea. This is what my daily build script looks like:

Code:
repo forall -vc "git reset --hard"
repo sync
source build/envsetup.sh
repopick -t pie-samsung8976-libril
repopick 232034
breakfast gts28velte
prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache -M 20.0G
croot
brunch gts28velte

I've attached the build log as well from last nights build.... there's a few lines in there where it mentions git sync error - maybe someone who's familiar with this stuff can tell if that could be the cause?

The other reason I guess is maybe those patches aren't actually in the lineage repo?

I'll look into cleaning up those git error messages shown in the logs anyway now that you've activated my ocd.

Attachments

• lineagebuildlog.txt
    229.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

gkwok

Dec 14, 2019
Ok, I did git sync force-sync on the folders below as suggested by the errors in the log file on my build vm:

<code>
repo sync --force-sync external/libavc
repo sync --force-sync external/libexif
repo sync --force-sync external/dng_sdk
repo sync --force-sync external/ppp
repo sync --force-sync packages/apps/TV
</code>

I downloaded the snoopsnitch and did a scan after reinstalling and it looks like those messages are gone except for 1 (the CVE-2019-2099) which according to the snoopsnitch application doesn't affect this firmware.

Thanks @eossam for discovering this.

Everyone using this ROM should update to todays build ASAP to make sure their device is up to date with latest security patches.

Last edited:

eossam

Mar 5, 2020
@gkwok, thank you very much for taking care of it so quickly.

SnoopSnitch Android patch level analysis shows data until 2020-05.
Are there no Android security patches for ASOP Android 9 pie and the T719 for the months 06., 07., 08. and 09.2020?

Last edited:

Shadow4945

Jan 22, 2012
Landau
I have a problem installing los 16. On newest recovery IMG_20200926_222750.jpg

Solved it:
in TWRP go to advanced > terminal, then create /cache/recovery with

mkdir /cache/recovery

solved the problem for me

Best regards

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 SE mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bart123

Jan 22, 2006
hi, thanks for developing.

how I can check installed bootloader version in Lineage?
battery drain in this rom is still present?

ciao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • Incall audio
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][T719][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-09-05
    Last Updated 2019-02-16
    Ok, found the problem with my daily build script with regards to the broken mobile data issue.

The most recent build there now should be good, since there's only been a handful of builds there and most didn't work with mobile data I've removed them.

Merry Christmas!
    T719Y gts28velte ROM update

Hello,

I was looking to upgrade my Tab S2 SM-T719Y to something more modern than what Samsung was providing and found this thread. I noticed that the there hasn't been an updated build here for a while so I went and figured out how to do it myself. I've shared the ROM here:

http://www.kwok.ca/gts28velte

Sorry, because I'm new here I can't create new threads or provide clickable links in the posting otherwise I would. If there's enough interest, i'll look at automating those builds so they can be available regularly.

Enjoy!

EDIT:

1) I'd don't know if its a requirement to wipe the tablet before installing, in my case I did.
    2) I'm using TWRP 3.3.1-0 to flash if that matters.
    3) Seems like I'm having trouble with getting on mobile network with this build - Wifi is OK, but don't install this if you require mobile sim working, i'm going to look into fixing that.
    T719Y gts28velte ROM update

Ok, got it sorted out - ran into @LuK1337 on irc and he pointed me in the right direction on how to resolve the mobile data issue and it seems I got it sorted out.

An updated ROM has now been uploaded to that same location now:

kwok.ca/gts28velte

Enjoy!
    Does it need a clean flash or is it possibile a dirty flash over last @LuK1337 release?

As a test, I just did this:

1 ) A complete full wipe (everything all caches, full meal deal)
    2) Installed lineage-16.0-20190713_165030-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte.zip (Luk1337's build) from top of this thread
    3) Then installed lineage-16.0-20191217-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte.zip (my build) over that

Everything seemed to go smoothly and it booted up normally, no idea if any other side effects will appear. I personally would do a full wipe "just in case".