[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][T819][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

ralex76

May 6, 2009
Hi All, I would like to move from stock firmware (already rooted) to a new custom ROM. Question is: Since I've been using the tablet to call with my SIM, is there a custom ROM without any bug to make outgoing and incoming calls? Thanks

PS: My tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE (T819)

FoOtY1337

Apr 19, 2010
Thank you so much for all your hard work on this ROM, also everybody that contributed!

Last edited:

DeaDruiD

Apr 30, 2007
Brno
Hi All, I would like to move from stock firmware (already rooted) to a new custom ROM. Question is: Since I've been using the tablet to call with my SIM, is there a custom ROM without any bug to make outgoing and incoming calls? Thanks

I don't think so. :/

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
ralex76 said:

Apparently one of the main reasons this device is stuck on Android 7 with Samsung firmware is that Samsung themselves couldn't get the phone services on this tablet to work with newer Android. And as all phone specific functions are blob based it's pretty much impossible to fix what Samsung failed to fix.

So no, no working phone feature on other/newer versions of Android.

Check out my LOS daily builds at https://lineageos.wickenberg.nu

Last edited:

emuandco

I am quite sure that it would be doable, especially for Samsung. But Samsung never gave the users two mayor updates for a non high class device, that's all. Problem is, we don't know what the problem is. Out of NO reason microphone and speaker don't work when being used over RIL and LuK1337 almost got haywire when I got on his nerves with all my logs making no sense in that direction. Maybe it's the audio/mixer system we use and maybe the Samsung one should be used, but as I said, all the problems we have there make no sense at all. It's almost like we shout into a pipeline and things don't arrive where the RIL expects it to.

Reactions: pitrus-

@muja@

Apr 10, 2008
Apparently one of the main reasons this device is stuck on Android 7 with Samsung firmware is that Samsung themselves couldn't get the phone services on this tablet to work with newer Android. And as all phone specific functions are blob based it's pretty much impossible to fix what Samsung failed to fix.

So no, no working phone feature on other/newer versions of Android.

Check out my LOS daily builds at https://lineageos.wickenberg.nu
Hej Pitrus,cant acces at your daily builds,only me or????

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Bad gateway??

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
Hej Pitrus,cant acces at your daily builds,only me or????

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Bad gateway??
Sorry, ran out on disk space on the server. Will backup and destroy mirror and setup storage as stripe instead. Will hopefully be back only tonight.

It's not like I don't have space for more hdd:s, I'm just lacking disks, and of course the money to get more. [emoji12] The two 600GB SAS I have, I got for free from an old customer server, but hey they're still growing strong. [emoji123] View attachment 4984755

Last edited:
Reactions: BWA80

Harv234

Aug 4, 2016
Hi there,

first of all thank you for the nice work. I stumbled over the LineageOS 17.1 thread but as RIL and Camera did not work there at all I installed this ROM on my gts210velte (T819) and aside from the voice calls it works perfectly until now. I have a plea: is it possible to get an updated version with the latest security fixes for Android 9 here? I feel a little uncomfortable with the actual situation. Or is development abandoned here?

Greetings to all and keep safe!
Harvey

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
Hi there,

first of all thank you for the nice work. I stumbled over the LineageOS 17.1 thread but as RIL and Camera did not work there at all I installed this ROM on my gts210velte (T819) and aside from the voice calls it works perfectly until now. I have a plea: is it possible to get an updated version with the latest security fixes for Android 9 here? I feel a little uncomfortable with the actual situation. Or is development abandoned here?

Harvey
Well, my daily builds are back online whichs packs latest security update that comes in LineageOS source tree.

You can download at this link
https://lineageos.wickenberg.nu

Harv234

Aug 4, 2016
Well, my daily builds are back online whichs packs latest security update that comes in LineageOS source tree.

Thank you for the answer - and the link :D - Great! Do I have to start from scratch or is it possible to do a dirty flash over the lineage-16.0-20190713_163136-UNOFFICIAL-gts210velte.zip which I used as a start?
Greetings
Harvey

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
Thank you for the answer - and the link :D - Great! Do I have to start from scratch or is it possible to do a dirty flash over the lineage-16.0-20190713_163136-UNOFFICIAL-gts210velte.zip which I used as a start?

Greetings

Harvey
It's the same, just with another signature as it's built on my server. You might need to disable signature check in TWRP but that's all.

Harv234

Aug 4, 2016
I tried this today and it works like a charm - Security updates March, 3rd 2020 ;) Thank you pitrus!

ercueren

Sep 8, 2006
Hi I have T819. I am having problems for mirroring to a 1080p TV (I have S10 there is an option for aspect ratio in smart view to have fullscreen without black bars) with stock ROM. S2 does not have an option for aspect ratio. Which ROM should I flash? I prefer the best fully working one( I know that the in call audio is not working in lineageos 16. How about older ones?
Is root needed to flash this ROM? I tried to root the device before but no luck, I experienced boot loop maybe because of the encryption.

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
Usually the problem with black borders on TV is fixed on the TV itself by choosing "Fullscreen" mode under settings instead of "16:9", at least on LG TV:s.

The problem of course comes from different resolutions and formats off the screens as the Tab 2 is 4:3 format and TV is 16:9. The solution would be to rescale the 4:3 up to 16:9 giving the fatty people looks like when the first 16:9 TV:s came and TV broadcast was still 4:3 so you could either have black borders on the sides, stretch the picture making everyone fat on TV or zoom in to fill the screen. Well that's exactly the same problems that arrive from having a 4:3 format tablet. [emoji13]

One solution is to use Chromecast instead of Mirracast screencasting as Chromecast is independent resolution wise of the tablet as it will just cast at TV native resolution and receive media directly through the micro app sent by your mobile app. Intel WiDi/Miracast on the other hand just mirrors the 4:3 screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • Incall audio
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][T819][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-09-05
    Last Updated 2019-02-16
    My work on Q (no builds yet but the sources are coming along)

As for in-call audio on Pie, luk1337 has stated that he's looked over many logs and can't find the problem. In fact this is the one bug that kept T719 and T819 from getting official Pie support, unlike T713 and T813. I have, however, merged a handful of commits into my Q branch that will restore SMS functionality, if not voice functionality. Hey, something is better than nothing.
    Hi there,

Harvey

If anyone's interested, I've started building dailies for the gts210velte, first succesful this morning.

You can download from this URL

Skickat från min GM1913 via Tapatalk
    Any update on this great info mates??

I got carried away with working on the qcom Note 4 (apq8084), whose progress is slow and steady now that it boots. But I'm learning more and more about debugging so that the standard set of Q commits that msm8976-common needs won't be a problem to merge.

Lineage merged the msm8952 CAF commits, which msm8976 uses, so there's no more need to repopick anything to get it to build. I've gone through some of luk1337's gts4lv-common commits for the S5e; once I pick whatever is applicable to msm8976, I'll turn my attention to msm8974 (S5 and Note 3). Once all those are picked, it should boot. Then we debug from there. I'll have time this coming week to focus more on msm8976. :good: