[ROM][Unofficial][Testing] AICP 15 (Q) [2020-04-06]

Search This thread

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding

logo_black.png

For those about to flash..... I salute you!
With AICP 15 fueled by Android Q.

NOTE: TESTBUILD. SELINUX DISABLED.

Since I build this ROM, I might as well upload it here for other to enjoy.
You should get to know how to flash before you download this (and potentially softbrick your phone). I may create detailed instructions later, but for now just search xda.
The basics are:
ZF6 has 2 slots (A/B) for ROM, Boot, Vendor and many other partitions. To start with we want the same version in both slots. We get that by flashing the full stock ROM two times. Remember: every time you flash a ROM, it will automagically change to the other slot. The recovery(TWRP) will swap slots when rebooting to recovery (but only after flashing a ROM).
Do not change slots yourself, let the installer manage!
Do not wipe system partition or other partitions unless it is specified!

Installing AICP Q:
Initially, you must have Android Q installed and working in both Slot A and B. Verify that it works, then use mauronofrios twrp to flash AICP. In short:
- Get Android Q running on both slots
- Remove all fingerprints from current ROM.
- Remove all locks on lockscreen.
- Boot TWRP 3.3.1-24 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio from your PC (or boot directly to twrp if already installed).
- Flash AICP Q
- Flash TWRP 3.3.1-24 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
- reboot to TWRP (this will activate the other slot, where AICP just got installed)
- Optionally Flash gapps
- Optionally Flash magisk if you want root
- Wipe data
- ReBoot to system

Don't panic if things go wrong. I have never seen a device being hard bricked due to wrong flashing.
EXPECT soft bricks if this is your first flash! A/B devices are tricky.
If you are uncertain of anything, make sure you have access to help (I will not be around much).

SOURCE with everything you need to build yourself.
The kernel used is from the LineageOS project. It can be found by following the manifest above or direcly HERE.

DOWNLOAD for Pie
If ^^ is too slow, try here.

HAVE FUN

The official introduction:

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP, for Android Pie we based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP), and now for Android 10 we are fully based on AOSP

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 14.0

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
(Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
(link the best one for your device, there are several variants out there right now, nano/micro GApps from opengapps.org is almost always a good choice though)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. Xposed is not yet released for android 10.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android 10. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
9. Reboot your device.
The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
Magisk versions >= 20.1 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
Put the Github link to your kernel HERE (mandatory), not posting the kernel source violates the GPL, and also violates the rules on XDA ...
Device tree source:
Put the Github link to your device tree HERE.
Vendor source:
Put the Github link to your used vendor HERE.

ROM & Additional links:
AICP's Homepage
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP sources on Github
AICP Download page for official builds and media content
AICP Discord Community
AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:
(mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long xD)

The following information is ONLY needed if you are not opening up a devdb thread on XDA!
ROM OS Version: 10.x
Kernel: Linux x.z.y (for example: 3.18.y)

Version Information:
Release Date: mm-dd-yyyy

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

Last edited:

135Shadowsoul

Jun 7, 2013
Hi
thank you VM @teemo for your work. AICP best rom i ever had. i hope i have time to flash it on my 6z as soon™ as possible :)
any issues you know yet? and how about re-flashing TWRP each time after flashing rom?

Greetings
135Shadowsoul

PS: First :D

Reactions: Freak07 and teemo

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
Hi
thank you VM @teemo for your work. AICP best rom i ever had. i hope i have time to flash it on my 6z as soon™ as possible :)
any issues you know yet? and how about re-flashing TWRP each time after flashing rom?

Greetings
135Shadowsoul

Safety Net need help from Magisk or similar. Will try to fix for next build.

I would love to have Quick Settings to dismiss when using the Camera Tile with gCam.

Asus camera gets slow in pro mode with slow shutter speeds.

Other than that, I don't know what to fix. You tell me :laugh:.

EDIT1: Oh yeah, the Google key need to be reassigned to something more useful...
EDIT2: Not an issue but yes, flash TWRP after the ROM.

Last edited:

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018

I would love to have Quick Settings to dismiss when using the Camera Tile with gCam.

EDIT1: Oh yeah, the Google key need to be reassigned to something more useful...

Thank you for this Rom. This seems to be the best Rom for this Device after the first Day of using it.
One little Thing: I am using two Simcards, but in the Statusbar I can see only Simcard 1 and also there is no LTE and Volte Sign.

Reactions: teemo

135Shadowsoul

Jun 7, 2013

Thanks for reply m8,

about EDIT1: is it possible to reassign the key? like on stock rom? or do we need any special app/magisk module/whatever?

is asus camera built in? and any idea how to solve the camera thing you mentioned?
whats the stuff about safetynet? any problem with magisk and hide props conf module?

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
Thank you for this Rom. This seems to be the best Rom for this Device after the first Day of using it.
One little Thing: I am using two Simcards, but in the Statusbar I can see only Simcard 1 and also there is no LTE and Volte Sign.
I've set mine to show 4G in stead. It works, but only if I'm not on WiFi.
SIM cards are both showing for me, but I have seen some strange things like showing the wrong card. I am currently only using SIM, the other one disabled.

Thanks for reply m8,

about EDIT1: is it possible to reassign the key? like on stock rom? or do we need any special app/magisk module/whatever?

is asus camera built in? and any idea how to solve the camera thing you mentioned?
whats the stuff about safetynet? any problem with magisk and hide props conf module?

Yes it's possible, micky387 is already doing it for in OmniRom on Q if I'm not wrong.
Asus camera and gallery built in. If I knew how to fix the pro camera I had done it already.
I don't know if this latest build has SN working out of the box, as it just got feb security update. But Safety net is fine with Magisk props module.

I will probably be super slow to fix stuff, but any help is welcomed :D
Will update OP with links to the source, which I forgot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-141819_XDA_Labs.png
    Screenshot_20200215-141819_XDA_Labs.png
    168 KB · Views: 270

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnamless

I've set mine to show 4G in stead. It works, but only if I'm not on WiFi.
SIM cards are both showing for me, but I have seen some strange things like showing the wrong card. I am currently only using SIM, the other one disabled.

It works if i install it over the latest LOS 16.0 instead of Stock Pie Rom. Use it now as daily Driver, very good! Thank You

Reactions: teemo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

For those about to flash..... I salute you!
    With AICP 15 fueled by Android Q.

NOTE: TESTBUILD. SELINUX DISABLED.

Since I build this ROM, I might as well upload it here for other to enjoy.
    You should get to know how to flash before you download this (and potentially softbrick your phone). I may create detailed instructions later, but for now just search xda.
    The basics are:
    ZF6 has 2 slots (A/B) for ROM, Boot, Vendor and many other partitions. To start with we want the same version in both slots. We get that by flashing the full stock ROM two times. Remember: every time you flash a ROM, it will automagically change to the other slot. The recovery(TWRP) will swap slots when rebooting to recovery (but only after flashing a ROM).
    Do not change slots yourself, let the installer manage!
    Do not wipe system partition or other partitions unless it is specified!

Installing AICP Q:
    Initially, you must have Android Q installed and working in both Slot A and B. Verify that it works, then use mauronofrios twrp to flash AICP. In short:
    - Get Android Q running on both slots
    - Remove all fingerprints from current ROM.
    - Remove all locks on lockscreen.
    - Boot TWRP 3.3.1-24 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio from your PC (or boot directly to twrp if already installed).
    - Flash AICP Q
    - Flash TWRP 3.3.1-24 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
    - reboot to TWRP (this will activate the other slot, where AICP just got installed)
    - Optionally Flash gapps
    - Optionally Flash magisk if you want root
    - Wipe data
    - ReBoot to system

Don't panic if things go wrong. I have never seen a device being hard bricked due to wrong flashing.
    EXPECT soft bricks if this is your first flash! A/B devices are tricky.
    If you are uncertain of anything, make sure you have access to help (I will not be around much).

SOURCE with everything you need to build yourself.
    The kernel used is from the LineageOS project. It can be found by following the manifest above or direcly HERE.

DOWNLOAD for Pie
    If ^^ is too slow, try here.

HAVE FUN

The official introduction:

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP, for Android Pie we based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP), and now for Android 10 we are fully based on AOSP

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 14.0

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
    Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    (link the best one for your device, there are several variants out there right now, nano/micro GApps from opengapps.org is almost always a good choice though)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Xposed is not yet released for android 10.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android 10. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
    7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
    8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    9. Reboot your device.
    The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.1 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
    Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    Put the Github link to your kernel HERE (mandatory), not posting the kernel source violates the GPL, and also violates the rules on XDA ...
    Device tree source:
    Put the Github link to your device tree HERE.
    Vendor source:
    Put the Github link to your used vendor HERE.

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:
    (mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
    only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long xD)

The following information is ONLY needed if you are not opening up a devdb thread on XDA!
    ROM OS Version: 10.x
    Kernel: Linux x.z.y (for example: 3.18.y)

Version Information:
    Release Date: mm-dd-yyyy

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    Hi

Greetings
    135Shadowsoul

Hi

Greetings
    135Shadowsoul

Q update in OP.