emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Working:
  • It boots
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Navigation Keys
  • Fingerprint
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • RIL
  • SDCard
  • Headphones
  • Ringtones
  • Bluetooth audio

Known bugs
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • Selinux permissive
  • Stock LOS recovery doesn't boot
  • Dual SIM
  • You tell me ;)

Install instructions
  • Flash the newest T-Virus release (if you have already installed T-Virus, reflash the newest release it contains a fix to TWRP)
  • After T-Virus has flashed and it has booted to the Android 10 GSI test environment, type this command to reboot to recovery mode
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
  • Once in recovery, copy the Lineage OS zip file to the internal storage
  • Go to the Install section and flash the Lineage OS zip
  • After the zip has flashed, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe, tick the "Dalvik /ART Cache" and "Data" boxes and wipe them
  • Head to Wipe->Format Data and type yes to format the data partition
  • Finally go to the Reboot section, select Slot B to switch to the flashed slot and then to System and swipe to reboot
  • Profit?

OpenGApps/Magisk:
After the ROM successfully boots up, many of will will want to install Magisk and/or OpenGApps. To do that you need to install the latest TWRP release
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash:raw boot --slot=all twrp-3.4.0-0-NB1.img
fastboot reboot
After that reboot to recovery, flash OpenGApps and/or Magisk. If you flash OpenGApps don't forget to wipe the data partition to prevent Google Setup from crashing

Downloads

Notes:
  • Only Clean Installation Please
  • Bug Report Without logs means nothing
  • Magisk is untested
  • In case you flashed any gapps, re-flashing is needed if you're updating the ROM

Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1 for NB1, ROM for the Nokia 8

Contributors
THMSP, OneWayGamer, oaid
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-11-03
Last Updated 2020-11-03[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 791
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 807
  • screenshot4.png
    screenshot4.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 794
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
You gotta be kidding me... @emufan4568
Are you the maintainer? Great work, appreciations.
Should Selinux permissive be considered as BUG? It's a state with its own properties...
Camera is not mentioned to be working or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bgirka13

Oct 26, 2020
Finally it's here ! Great work :good:
Hopefully I'll be able to use it on a daily basis soon :victory:

sdbadshah

Dec 6, 2018
Please go into more detail about the issue you are facing. Just saying "I need help" won't solve anything. Keep in mind this ROM is still beta so expect bugs and crashes
The problem with me is i cant understand the method to install iam following the process showed on github but whenever i enter command its says No Such File Dictionary

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Please go into more detail about the issue you are facing. Just saying "I need help" won't solve anything. Keep in mind this ROM is still beta so expect bugs and crashes

And Also My Device Is stucked Into Fastboot mode because i have entered this comand fastboot erase boot_a
after this command iam entering fastboot flash:raw boot_a /path/to/boot.img
but its giving error

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Now Need Some Help To Install Twrp For Gapps

Bgirka13

Oct 26, 2020
The problem with me is i cant understand the method to install iam following the process showed on github but whenever i enter command its says No Such File Dictionary

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

And Also My Device Is stucked Into Fastboot mode because i have entered this comand fastboot erase boot_a
after this command iam entering fastboot flash:raw boot_a /path/to/boot.img
but its giving error

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Now Need Some Help To Install Twrp For Gapps

You have to replace "/path/to/boot.img" with the path of the file on your computer... If your prompt is already in the same folder than your files are then just put the filename and it should be ok...
Actually I'm not sure if you should install this ROM as you don't really sound familiar with command prompt, you'd better wait for a stable release as it's just intended for testing.

sdbadshah

Dec 6, 2018
You have to replace "/path/to/boot.img" with the path of the file on your computer... If your prompt is already in the same folder than your files are then just put the filename and it should be ok...
Actually I'm not sure if you should install this ROM as you don't really sound familiar with command prompt, you'd better wait for a stable release as it's just intended for testing.
Yup iam New Into It But I hAve installed Succecfully But Now What about gapps,How Can I Install Twrp,I Have tried to boot into twrp without Installing But Its Stuck On Powered By Andriod

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
Yup iam New Into It But I hAve installed Succecfully But Now What about gapps,How Can I Install Twrp,I Have tried to boot into twrp without Installing But Its Stuck On Powered By Andriod

The boot command does not work for the Nokia 8. You have to flash T-virus TWRP, then flash OpenGApps, reboot to download mode again and then type "fastboot format userdata" to prevent the Google Setup from crashing. Please read the whole thread before asking any questions

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
So... I used the rom for a few hours, played with settings, captured some videos and pictures, etc. Controls over buttons amazed me. Camera was good (I didn't have access to pc to compare in detail, but lower volume of photos was apparent, it could be because of higher compression or else), better than stock (except for interface!). Long story short, I came back to stock just for one thing, the ringtones. It looked like that there is some problem with their properties which is preventing usability. Rest is pure awesome.

P.S. (about stock packages) offline ota updates provided by @THMSP (specifically 488L for 488K!) don't seem to work. Also 5.15x firmwares (above 5.150) have problems in their system image file. Their offline updates don't seem to work either.

Last edited by a moderator:

dongvatm

Feb 16, 2020
Ha Noi
The boot command does not work for the Nokia 8. You have to flash T-virus TWRP, then flash OpenGApps, reboot to download mode again and then type "fastboot format userdata" to prevent the Google Setup from crashing. Please read the whole thread before asking any questions

what's fastboot command to install TWRP, I don't know how to install it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 204

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
So... I used the rom for a few hours, played with settings, captured some videos and pictures, etc. Controls over buttons amazed me. Camera was good (I didn't have access to pc to compare in detail, but lower volume of photos was apparent, it could be because of higher compression or else), better than stock (except for interface!). Long story short, I came back to stock just for one thing, the ringtones. It looked like that there is some problem with their properties which is preventing usability. Rest is pure awesome.

P.S. (about stock packages) offline ota updates provided by @THMSP (specifically 488L for 488K!) don't seem to work. Also 5.15x firmwares (above 5.150) have problems in their system image file. Their offline updates don't seem to work either.

Ringtones, Headphones and NFC have been fixed. New build will be up soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Working:
    • It boots
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Navigation Keys
    • Fingerprint
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • RIL
    • SDCard
    • Headphones
    • Ringtones
    • Bluetooth audio

Known bugs
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • Selinux permissive
    • Stock LOS recovery doesn't boot
    • Dual SIM
    • You tell me ;)

Install instructions
    • Flash the newest T-Virus release (if you have already installed T-Virus, reflash the newest release it contains a fix to TWRP)
    • After T-Virus has flashed and it has booted to the Android 10 GSI test environment, type this command to reboot to recovery mode
      Code:
      adb reboot recovery
    • Once in recovery, copy the Lineage OS zip file to the internal storage
    • Go to the Install section and flash the Lineage OS zip
    • After the zip has flashed, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe, tick the "Dalvik /ART Cache" and "Data" boxes and wipe them
    • Head to Wipe->Format Data and type yes to format the data partition
    • Finally go to the Reboot section, select Slot B to switch to the flashed slot and then to System and swipe to reboot
    • Profit?

OpenGApps/Magisk:
    After the ROM successfully boots up, many of will will want to install Magisk and/or OpenGApps. To do that you need to install the latest TWRP release
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash:raw boot --slot=all twrp-3.4.0-0-NB1.img
    fastboot reboot
    After that reboot to recovery, flash OpenGApps and/or Magisk. If you flash OpenGApps don't forget to wipe the data partition to prevent Google Setup from crashing

Downloads

Notes:
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing
    • Magisk is untested
    • In case you flashed any gapps, re-flashing is needed if you're updating the ROM

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for NB1, ROM for the Nokia 8

Contributors
    THMSP, OneWayGamer, oaid
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-11-03
    Last Updated 2020-11-03[/QUOTE]
    You should have mentioned that DUAL SIM doesn't work?
    My phone is only showing SIM 1
    Apparently, I flashed for nothing.

first, the guy's been working nights to bring the first custom ROM for Nokia 8, and seriously, that's the way to appreciate his efforts?
    second, if some functionality on the phone is very important to me, I would first ask if it's supported before just flashing.
    third,
    Known bugs
    WiFi Hotspot
    Selinux permissive
    Stock LOS recovery doesn't boot
    You tell me ;)
    I talked to the dev and he said "i didn't put that in because my phone is Single SIM"
    really mature

You Mr. head back to stock rom and stop whining. Developers aren't obligated to take blames. They work at their free will, you don't pay for them. About time someone is willingly developing custom rom for a already too much neglected phone and it's still in beta stage that you can't expect this rom to be functional from all aspect. Developing and maintaining custom rom needs contribution from both the user and developer as users share their user experience and provide logs then developers identify those issues and try to fix them. Developer can't diagnose all the bugs by himself. When you flash a custom rom you're agreed to the policy that any damages made to your phone by flashing custom rom and issues you face developers will not take any responsibilities however you can share your experience but not blame him. Not everyone uses dual sim so the issue might have been missed out. Be respectful. New in the community?If so read the rules before commenting. Better you don't use custom rom or just buy a phone that has bigger developer community. Really immature of you. sigh!
    [Moderator Notice]

@sharmamadhus Stating "this feature doesn't work, fix it!" not only lacks the magic word, it's not helpful by any means and only has an adverse effect on development. Amazing people that invest massive amounts of their own time to bring new and refreshing experiences to our devices are the indispensable building blocks of this community. Please treat them accordingly. That being said, I'd like to thank you for remaining civil.

I'd also like to thank everyone that responded for upholding a mature and respectful discussion. I'm proud to be a part of this corner of the web that retains a high standard of – albeit geeky – communication. You are all great people.

Now let's please move on to the topic at hand: development. You are free to drop me a PM if you have the compulsion to respond but please keep this development thread constructive and on topic. Thanks!

Stay safe ?
    Timmy