Search This thread

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs :
  • Selinux permissive

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

If you like my work then consider making a donation.
https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_donations&[email protected]

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][troika][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Motorola One Action

Contributors
Stricted
Source Code: https://github.com/moto-9609

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 Firmware
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-09-04
Last Updated 2020-10-13

Last edited:
Reactions: Cthulu201

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
changelog

• updated vendor security patch to 2020-11-01 (will update the blobs again next month)
    • reverted back to Snap camera app (in preparation for official lineage builds)
    • fixed recovery color format and screen density
    • disabled excessive thermald logging
    • updated vendor security patch to 2020-09-01
    • added stock moto camera app
    • fixed hotspot
    • decommonized some ril blobs to hopefully fix ril for kane
    • fixed vulkan
    • fixed automatic brightness control
    • fixed lineage recovery
    • fixed vibration
    • fixed punch hole overlay
    • added motorola geatures

Last edited:

laicos

Sep 5, 2020
Thank you Stricted for this ROM.
Quick question, does your adaptation properly adjust the status bar for the camera cutout on the left?
The last Lineage GSI I installed ended up hiding the clock behind the camera.

laicos

Sep 5, 2020
Thank you for letting me know! I'll try your ROM next weekend.
How about the action cam, did you get to implement the wide angle access or just the regular camera?

laicos

Sep 5, 2020
only regular camera for now

i uploaded new builds which fix the cutout overlay

I installed the ROM yesterday with stock Gapps. Everything seems to work well out of the box, only one freeze crash shortly after setup.

Minor issues I discovered:
  • The overlay and status bar position does not seem to work on the lock screen, time and icons are too far up and partially covered by the corners (maybe implementing the Phh corner radius could help?)
  • landscape mode produced black bars and sometimes freezes
  • ROM did not boot with root implemented from the other thread of this forum for the One Action
  • Google Search app would randomly crash

Overall, a great first ROM for this phone!

T.Y.M.SAI

Jul 15, 2020
INDIA
I installed the ROM yesterday with stock Gapps. Everything seems to work well out of the box, only one freeze crash shortly after setup.

Minor issues I discovered:
  • The overlay and status bar position does not seem to work on the lock screen, time and icons are too far up and partially covered by the corners (maybe implementing the Phh corner radius could help?)
  • landscape mode produced black bars and sometimes freezes
  • ROM did not boot with root implemented from the other thread of this forum for the One Action
  • Google Search app would randomly crash

Overall, a great first ROM for this phone!
Did you face any random bootloops while flashing custom rom and any low signal coverage problem and Which camera does it has ?
How is the battery backup and performance ?
Do you recommend to install it ?
Please post some screenshots (+_+)

laicos

Sep 5, 2020
Did you face any random bootloops while flashing custom rom and any low signal coverage problem and Which camera does it has ?
How is the battery backup and performance ?
Do you recommend to install it ?
Please post some screenshots (+_+)

Unfortunately, I did not get to take any screenshots and I had to revert back to stock today because I needed the action camera. But overall it looked like complete stock Lineage OS, so you can find screenshots on their website. No modifications that I found.

As for your questions:
no random boot loops, just one restart after the initial install.
no signal coverage loss noticed, same as with stock.
battery was good, definitely not worse than the stock ROM.
I can recommend it :good:

T.Y.M.SAI

Jul 15, 2020
INDIA
Unfortunately, I did not get to take any screenshots and I had to revert back to stock today because I needed the action camera. But overall it looked like complete stock Lineage OS, so you can find screenshots on their website. No modifications that I found.

As for your questions:
no random boot loops, just one restart after the initial install.
no signal coverage loss noticed, same as with stock.
battery was good, definitely not worse than the stock ROM.
I can recommend it :good:
thanks

laicos

Sep 5, 2020

No problem. I reinstalled it again, this time totally de-googled, and it works well. The only little issue that is a bit of a bummer besides a few UI elements not being perfect is the lack of access to the action cam. But I hope more people will install this so we can propel the development, I think this device deserves more developer attention than it is currently getting.

Last edited:

Joakin2k

Jul 5, 2016
Culiacán
Good day, I'm looking for a sincere recommendation...

Should I get this Moto One Action or for $100usd more I can get a Redmi Note 9s ...
I really want to like the action form factor, is it smooth? Can it run emulators flawlessly? Apps? Gps? ...
Hope you can help me decide guys

hansahahn

Jul 17, 2020
Tutorial?

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs :
  • Selinux permissive
  • hotspot

Instructions :
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

https://www.paypal.me/Stricted

Contributors
Stricted

Version Information

Created 2020-09-04
Last Updated 2020-09-07

Can you write us down a tutorial to installation or ways to root with the rom? Thank you very much, and fantastic job!

Does this rom support XT2013-4?

Vickydiya

Oct 28, 2019
Overview of latest build

First of all thanks for the custom rom man
I'm using this rom for 2 days
20200907~ latest build bugs
This rom is not for daily user ( normal user )
Because memory management is poor
1.7 to 1.9 ram is free but switching apps loads and reload time take too much time
Then hotspot bug (hotspot is not working)
When you connect your Bluetooth headphone you can't hear sound on discord.. it automatically converts sound/audio to speaker
Equalizer not working
Battery backup is good
Play protect Certificate is not certified even gsf I'd is sending to framework authority link
That's all but it's the first rom soo it's fine
Good work stricted

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
Last edited:
Reactions: T.Y.M.SAI

T.Y.M.SAI

Jul 15, 2020
INDIA
Good day, I'm looking for a sincere recommendation...

Should I get this Moto One Action or for $100usd more I can get a Redmi Note 9s ...
I really want to like the action form factor, is it smooth? Can it run emulators flawlessly? Apps? Gps? ...
Hope you can help me decide guys
If you want Dust inside camera lens and better Custom Roms support and you are an extreme gammer and need a faster charging battery then Redmi note 9s
If you need clean and bloat free ui and timely updates and a better display with 435ppi LCD and a dolby speaker with best sound in call and while playing music then Moto One Action is better

But i think waiting for Redmi Note 10 is the best option

From past 3 months i am using Moto One Action and till now i didn't find any issues , whatever be the category weather camera, speaker, display, battery, charging speed,UI.
✳️ Camera With plenty lightning it can capture the best shots than MI A3
Speaker absolutely better than others its dolby
✳️Display it's 435ppi IPS LCD screen is best with extreme dim mode and also has good colours and enough brightness
✳️Battery it generally gives a SOT(screen on time) of 9-10hrs(100% - 0%) YouTube, whatsapp, little bit of games, entertainment apps, with location,wifi ON
✳️Charging speed i didn't test it
✳️UI nothing new Clean no bloat
✳️✳️✳️ Performance 😁😁😁
I found a bit of heating while playing games and nothing yet , it can easily handle anything whatever you throw on it.

If you need extreme test of mobile then go to notebook check website it's best for technical persons
Hit thanks 😀

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

i just uploaded new builds

Downloads:

changelog:
    • fixed hotspot
    • fixed vulkan

Thankyou for build but I don't know how to flash it can you make a video on it please sir

Reactions: Aquib sayyed

kalkishnu

Jan 17, 2016
Thx

Downloads:

changelog:
    • fixed hotspot
    • fixed vulkan

I purchased this terminal 10 days ago and as a person that comes from a degoogled leeco le pro 3 (5yo) terminal i feel it is a subpar device. I cant stand the stock google android, all the time draining the allready small batery with trackers and spying on me. So as you can imagine when i saw your a atempt to port LOS to it i recovered some hope of having a degoogled experience for this terminal and for that i must thank you. As it is my main and only phone i need a solid dayly use experience so i will be checking this place for more news.
Bruno.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    $50 is €41.28?! I donated €45.00. Thanks. The One Action forum is pretty dead, and I don't want to buy another phone.

Downloads:

changelog:
      • updated vendor security patch to 2020-11-01 (will update the blobs again next month)
      • reverted back to Snap camera app (in preparation for official lineage builds)
      • fixed recovery color format and screen density
      • disabled excessive thermald logging
    2okPze5.png

Bugs :
    • Selinux permissive

Instructions :
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_donations&[email protected]

Contributors
    Stricted

Version Information

Created 2020-09-04
    Last Updated 2020-10-13
    thanks for reviews