• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Unrooted][OTA][6.0.1] Unrooted CM13 for Oneplus 2

Would you like to see OTA updates pushed to the phone without effort from you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

stefan_nl

Oct 4, 2007
Thanks for the great ROM - only CM13 version that I can get to work with MaaS360 (IBM MDM).

Out of curiosity, how does removing root from a source work? Is there a tutorial somewhere (to possibly apply to other ROMs)?

MrSheen123

Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for the great ROM - only CM13 version that I can get to work with MaaS360 (IBM MDM).

Out of curiosity, how does removing root from a source work? Is there a tutorial somewhere (to possibly apply to other ROMs)?

Hi there,

First off thanks for the feedback it's appreciated to see other people like my work as well. As for your question I guess it would depend on if it was CM or another ROM. Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no tutorial to do this and this is why I delved into the source code to remove it so I can use my banking apps. By all means if you have some source code for the phone on a github you want me to have a look at to see if I can remove it give me some links and ill see what I can do.

Thanks,
Sean

Reactions: stefan_nl

stefan_nl

Oct 4, 2007
Hi there,

First off thanks for the feedback it's appreciated to see other people like my work as well. As for your question I guess it would depend on if it was CM or another ROM. Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no tutorial to do this and this is why I delved into the source code to remove it so I can use my banking apps. By all means if you have some source code for the phone on a github you want me to have a look at to see if I can remove it give me some links and ill see what I can do.

Thanks,
Sean
Hi Sean,

Thanks for your response and offer! Although I am currently not looking at a specific ROM (CM13 is excellent so far), ROMs such as Resurrection Remix or Bliss seem interesting :) I figured removing root maybe involved only removing some files from the source, but delving into source code sounds more complex. One of my banking apps (Bunq) still detects some traces of root by the way ('Your device might be rooted'), but does work. As does the MaaS360 app which is most important for me.

Please let me know if you'd like me to test/try something on the OP2 for you.

Cheers,
Stefan

MrSheen123

Mar 29, 2016
Hi Sean,

Thanks for your response and offer! Although I am currently not looking at a specific ROM (CM13 is excellent so far), ROMs such as Resurrection Remix or Bliss seem interesting :) I figured removing root maybe involved only removing some files from the source, but delving into source code sounds more complex. One of my banking apps (Bunq) still detects some traces of root by the way ('Your device might be rooted'), but does work. As does the MaaS360 app which is most important for me.

Please let me know if you'd like me to test/try something on the OP2 for you.

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Yeah although I have removed the main framework for root in the ROM I do know the development settings still show the root toggle there and I know the code to remove it. However, when I remove that code it gives me a build error which I'm trying to figure out a fix for. This is what your apps are still possibly picking up on and telling you that there is still some code there. My vodafone wallet app won't work also and I am guessing it is down to that bit of code that remains which I am looking into.

Thanks for your offer on the testing and if I manage to remove the rest of the root code I will give you a shout for you to try it as I will be a great tester to see if it works.

Thanks,
Sean

HEROEdelREVES

Dec 28, 2010
When I try flashing in TWRP I get an error
Comparing TZ version TZ.BF.... to TZ.BF.....
assert failed:
Error exceuting updater binary in zip

How can i install this rom?

stefan_nl

Oct 4, 2007
Hi Sean, any updates? I noticed you were having some issues with the 24 April version. I am experiencing some wifi issues with the version before - so looking to update :)

MrSheen123

Mar 29, 2016
Hi Stefan,

Yeah unfortunately when I tried to compile again yesterday I was still getting compile errors. I will try another sync and compile and see if it works.

Thanks,
Sean

pure.by

Jan 23, 2010
Hi,

The Official in the title means that the ROM was not copied of anyone else and was thought up by me because I wanted CM, Marshmallow and wanted it to be customisable if I want to.

Thanks,
Sean
Thanks for the explanation. I'm sure you've done a great job, however I think it is a little misleading to say that in reference to CyanogenMod.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unrooted CM13 for Oneplus 2

Legal Bit:
    Your warranty is now void. HA! This is Oneplus were talking about
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    A lot.

WHAT IS THIS ROM?

This rom is based of the original Cyanogen Mod however root option has been removed off the rom. This allows for the use of all major banking apps without installing extra Xposed modules and is great for people who want the benefits of Cyanogen Mod without the risks of having root!

All of the default apps work without issues and that includes the theme engine because none of it requires root access!

Once I have compiled the code I will always test it on my Oneplus 2 to make sure that it works without issues.

Downloads

INFORMATION: I am unable to produce builds at this time as I am extremely busy and unfortunately this comes second. I'll post an update when I am able to continue :)
    STABLE - Last updated 24-04-2016
    OTA:
    Primary
    OneDrive Mirror
    FULL ROM:
    Primary
    OneDrive Mirror

Inatallation

Coming from a vanilla Cyanogen 13 rom:
    1. Flash the OTA from downloads
    2. Flash ARM 64 GApps if you havent already

Coming from another rom:
    1. Perform full wipe
    2. Flash rom through recovery
    3. Flash ARM64 GApps

Coming from another 6.0.1 rom:
    1. Flash oxygen os modem
    2. Flash rom through recovery
    3. Flash ARM64 GApps
    Thanks to @urgali for this fix!

From Stock:
    1. Flash rom through recovery
    2. Flash ARM64 GApps

DONTATIONS
    If you want to help me out by donating then please click HERE! It would be much appreciated and will help me get more resources to help build ROM's faster!

If you have anything you would like to see adding to this ROM please let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Sources:
    Device Tree
    KERNAL
    Vendor Files

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unrooted CM13 for Oneplus 2, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    MrSheen123
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-03-29

Created 2016-03-30
    Last Updated 2016-05-25
    Nice! Don't do nightlies. Please!
    Make them stable builds week by week. And fork that cyanogenmod's sources because if they break stuff, you will be able to revert the commits and more :) Also if you can, fork the frameworks/settings and apply thr commits there.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

my phone is rooted, can i still intall this unrooted cm13? and will it unrooted my phone? i want to use some banking apps that why i tot of installing this. Thanks in advance.
    This is a whole rom that doesnot have root

Where can i find Oxygen modem?

You can download it from beanstalk thread and flash it before the ROM :)
    Crashing

Hi,

Sorry to hear your problems. I have noticed there is a bug at the moment with the main cyanogenmod tree when you apply gapps.

At the moment if you go to my fellow XDA Developer Seraph08's cm 13 post HERE and install his build from the 20/03/2016 initially.
    Then install gapps straight after flashing the rom above
    Then install my latest OTA package and this will unroot the cyanogenmod and then your issues should be resolved (did for me)
    After that you are able to flash any OTA updates that I release in the future without issues.

Please let me know if it works :)
    -Sean

hey, i tried open gapps on this rom but google play store and services are not working they just keep force stopping,
    what should i do?

(i used nano and mini )

plz reply asap

thanks in advance:good::good::good::good: