• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][x1s|y2s|z3s][SM-G980/1/5/6/8][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S20 series

Search This thread

mrw0lfe

Mar 7, 2016
Time has the answers. :)
Did you install the apps you need and see if they work without microG?
If you are trying to get rid of Google, check this out; https://www.reddit.com/r/degoogle/

Kind regards

Yeah, unfortunately they did not work (banking apps & pokemon go) without it.Guess the only (while not the best)solution for that is to migrate to iphone.
No biggie, i'll stuck with stock lineage and gapps pico(using Aurora Store for downloads).It's not fully degoogled, but it's better than having stock rom full of google & samsung apps running on background mining data and eating battery away.
Also i'm still amazed on how fast & fully-feature lineage is here.
And thanks for indicating /r/degoogle. Never tought there would be a subreddit for it 😁

Yeah, unfortunately they did not work (banking apps & pokemon go) without it.Guess the only (while not the best)solution for that is to migrate to iphone.
No biggie, i'll stuck with stock lineage and gapps pico(using Aurora Store for downloads).It's not fully degoogled, but it's better than having stock rom full of google & samsung apps running on background mining data and eating battery away.
Also i'm still amazed on how fast & fully-feature lineage is here.
And thanks for indicating /r/degoogle. Never tought there would be a subreddit for it 😁
That's weird that you couldn't get Pokemon Go working, at first I couldn't but I just had to install Magisk with; Busybox, Systemless Hosts, MagiskHide Props Config, and Enable MagiskHide in the settings.

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
Hello, I'm new to the world of Samsung and it's been a few years since I unlocked and rooted my HTC 10. I recently bought an S20 5G 986U1 (snapdragon) Does this version of Lineage support Snapdragon or only Exynos?

I'm trying to get rid of Google and other Spyware crap as much as possible. This looks like a good rom to do that with.

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to the world of Samsung and it's been a few years since I unlocked and rooted my HTC 10. I recently bought an S20 5G 986U1 (snapdragon) Does this version of Lineage support Snapdragon or only Exynos?

I'm trying to get rid of Google and other Spyware crap as much as possible. This looks like a good rom to do that with.

Thanks
Since this is in the Exynos form I assume so, here is the LineageOS 17.1 thread on the Snapdragon sub-forum. Since it's unoffical I'd suggest to wait until it becomes offical on XDA Developers.

Reactions: goobener

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
First of all thx for that great ROM !
I running it on my G981B smoothly for a while now. However under the "prefered network typ" I can basically choose between 2G/3G and LTE. Shouldn't be there the 5G option available as well ?

First of all thx for that great ROM !
I running it on my G981B smoothly for a while now. However under the "prefered network typ" I can basically choose between 2G/3G and LTE. Shouldn't be there the 5G option available as well ?
There isn't 5G in the current version. Probably to do radio drivers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Best bet is to keep an eye on this thread for updates from the developer and stay tuned for updates!

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
There isn't 5G in the current version. Probably to do radio drivers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Best bet is to keep an eye on this thread for updates from the developer and stay tuned for updates!

I suspected that. Though it is not the most important thing in the world - shouldn't be that noted under the "not working" list ?

In fact the changelog of an early release suggests that 5G support is available ... okay, for the S20+, but that should not make a difference in that manner:
2021-02-11:
Fixed USB-C Audio
Fixed crackling Audio while recording
Fixed wireless powershare
Added support for S20+ (5G) (y2s) and S20 Ultra (z3s)

I suspected that. Though it is not the most important thing in the world - shouldn't be that noted under the "not working" list ?

In fact the changelog of an early release suggests that 5G support is available ... okay, for the S20+, but that should not make a difference in that manner:
It's referencing support for those devices. I think only the S20/S20+LTE was supported before that update.

lulle2007200

Aug 29, 2016
We currenly havent found a good way to lower the resolution and enable higher refresh rate. The issue is that samsung uses some framework hacks in order to enable it. The issue is that if we somehow even force lower resolution and enable higher refresh rate, we will break lineage requirements and we will not be able to apply for official. We are considering our options and will try to make it work in the future.
When it comes down to having high refresh rate and selectable resolution or the rom being lineage official, i'd opt for the former ^^

I've been using the rom for a while now, really like it.

However, there is one issue that bothers me a lot: I am using an Apple USB C to 3.5mm headphone adapter and the volume is really low. Now, this seems to be a well known problem and not only with the Apple adapter and can be fixed on a phone with root access, but i'd like to avoid root. It would be awesome if this could be fixed in a future update.
(see here for example)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

*/

FEATURES:
    Code:
    SELinux enforcing
    Improved performance
    High touch sensitivity mode
    SamsungDoze hand wave/pocket pulse
    AES-256-XTS File Based Encryption (FBE)
    ROM is signed with our developer keys

ISSUES:
    • WPA3 (WPA2/WPA3 personal works!)

REQUREMENTS:
    • unlocked bootloader - guide here thanks to @jesec
    • OneUI 3 firmware

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Download the provided lineage recovery! ( Others will not work! And encryption only works properly with the provided lineage recovery! )
    • Flash it with Odin/Heimdall or whatever way
    • go to Wipe > format data/factory reset - This will wipe your INTERNAL storage, so please back up your important files before doing this!
    • Go to Apply update > install it
    • It will say that signature verification is failed, just choose install anyway
    • OPTIONAL: Install gapps
    • Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD AND CHANGELOG: https://exynoobs.github.io/OTA/
    NOTE: Builds are unified so:
    • x1s = SM-G980, SM-G981 versions
    • y2s = SM-G985, SM-G986 versions
    • z3s = SM-G988 versions
    SUPPORT: Telegram support group

Credits:

What A Wurst guys (@derf elot @modpunk ) - We referenced their device trees alot, and for help in general
    @Ivan_Meler for being a friend and helping when needed

Last but not least, this is a project by team Exynoobs, @Linux4, @Synt4x.93 and lastly, myself. special thanks to them.

Our sources are availiable on our github org, Exynoobs
    CHANGELOG:

2021-01-28 :
    Initial release

2021-02-11:
    Fixed USB-C Audio
    Fixed crackling Audio while recording
    Fixed wireless powershare
    Added support for S20+ (5G) (y2s) and S20 Ultra (z3s)

2021-02-24:
    Updated vendor and kernel to XXU6DUB5 OneUI 3.1
    Fixed OMX
    Fixed camera issues on y2s/z3s
    Sync latest lineage changes

2021-05-21:
    NOTE:UPDATING THE RECOVERY AND FORMATTING DATA IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE, BECAUSE IT WILL NOT BOOT OTHERWISE. ADDITIONAL DATA FORMATTING WILL NOT BE NEEDED, THIS IS BECAUSE OF SWITCHING FROM EXT4 TO F2FS.

Fixed USB tethering
    Fixed OMX issues
    Fixed audio issues
    Fixed camera issues/switched to snap api1
    Switched to F2FS, improved random write speed from 30 to 200 Mb/s
    Switched to opensource NFC stack
    Updated lineage sources
    Updated kernel source to latest samsung release
    Updated blobs and secpatch to latest samsung release
    Enabled MAC randomisation
    Enabled Wi-Fi direct
    Disabled Wi-Fi Display
    Building libbt-vendor from source
    Commonized stock blobs
    Enabled haptic text cursor
    Enabled call recording
    Addressed some more sepolicy denials
    Added sepolicy for HDMI out
    Added support for freeform windows and PiP mode
    Enabled Multiuser
    Improved SQlite storage speed
    Adjusted powerhint
    Fixed charging speed reporting on lockscreen
    FAQ

Reporting Bugs
    DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Build updated, changelog in github downloads and 3# post, enjoy :)
    New update is out, please READ the release notes, and enjoy.