[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][x1s|y2s|z3s][SM-G980/1/5/6/8][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S20 series

Search This thread

switchgott

Jan 22, 2007
Please tell my what you like to extract? And why?
I dont understand you question..
This twrp image is for flashing on twrp partition.

Frank65

• Apr 27, 2015
    Calden-Germany
    First of all I would like to say, thank you very much for the great ROM and your hard work. The ROM works good, but there are some little issues. For an example the fingerprint sensor do not works. Also I wondering, that my apps get no access to the location, although the location services are activated. Google maps finding my location, but not my other apps. Is this an issue of Lineage?

DeHuMaNiZeD

Feb 20, 2011
    Jastrebarsko
    First of all I would like to say, thank you very much for the great ROM and your hard work. The ROM works good, but there are some little issues. For an example the fingerprint sensor do not works. Also I wondering, that my apps get no access to the location, although the location services are activated. Google maps finding my location, but not my other apps. Is this an issue of Lineage?
    fp sensor should work, initially you just need to tap on it quickly for the first time, then you can register as usual. as for location, it was always working fine for me, but ill need to check once again , im currently waiting for parts for my phone so im not using it atm.

Reactions: xo.en and Frank65

Frank65

• Apr 27, 2015
    Calden-Germany
    fp sensor should work, initially you just need to tap on it quickly for the first time, then you can register as usual. as for location, it was always working fine for me, but ill need to check once again , im currently waiting for parts for my phone so im not using it atm.
    Thank you so much. You must really tap quickly for the first time on the sensor, then the fingerprint sensor works. About the location it was really strange. Google Maps find my location, but my other apps not, althoug everything is activated?!

Roy2008

Apr 12, 2008
    Just got an S20 plus G986B/DS 5G, I've rooted it thru magisk but I haven't flashed the vbmeta or multi-disabler, would I need to install one of these before I wipe data/factory reset?
    Just want to get my watch active 2 (gwa2) working again and think this rom will help with that. Thank you.

Frank65

• Apr 27, 2015
    Calden-Germany
    Just got an S20 plus G986B/DS 5G, I've rooted it thru magisk but I haven't flashed the vbmeta or multi-disabler, would I need to install one of these before I wipe data/factory reset?
    No, you need only the vbmeta disabler, when you install the stock rom with odin. By Lineage you need the rom, GAPPS and the Magisk zip for rooting. This you have to flash with the lineage recovery.

Roy2008

Apr 12, 2008
    Thank you for your reply Frank, now just to find the magisk zip file, if you have a link that'll be great, hoping to give it a go later tonight, I got the gapps from the 2nd or 3rd page. Thanks again.

Reactions: Frank65

Roy2008

Apr 12, 2008
    I've got everything that's needed now, I just can't seem to load my phone up in recovery mode, I turn my device off, press and hold bixby and volume up but just boots my phone up, then tried bixby and volume up, release bixby button and continue holding volume up but still won't work, I even tried from download mode and still no good, unless I'm doing it wrong, I don't have twrp or lineage recovery installed. Thought I'd try booting into the stock recovery. Just wanted to check if I got it correct into getting into recovery mode before I flash the lineage recovery as don't want it trying to boot up the os incase it breaks something.
    Any advice on this is much appreciated. Thank you.

Frank65

• Apr 27, 2015
    Calden-Germany
    Any advice on this is much appreciated. Thank you.
    I have an SM-G980F. I have proceeded as follows: 1. Turn my device off 2. Press volume button (up and down) 3. Connect with USB C laptop, then the phone start in download mode 4. Start Odin at my laptop. See it is connected at the blue field in Odin "added". 5. Add recovery in the AP field 6. Press start in Odin and and you have to press the volume up and the power button simultaneously until the the Samsung Logo S20 appears, little bit longer and then my phone starting in the recovery mode.
    Hope this helps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Apologies if this is a dumb question.

I'm getting a bit bored of OneUI and want to give this a try. Does Google Pay and Netflix work OK?

I have flashed ROMs on numerous devices over the years but have kept my S20+ stock until now. I'm a big Google Pay user (I don't even carry a wallet now) so this would be a deal-breaker for me.
      Tried to do that but I still don't get them after flashing them and booting for the first time. Do you mind sharing the gapps you used?

You will find Gapps source there, choose Lineage 18.1 and the architecture arm64:

As I do not use Gapps I cannot validate that it is working, but I think it should be ok
      @rambodieschen
      With 7zip, compress the recovery.img in a .tar file, then you will be able to flash it from Odin, in AP slot.
      1607247455067.png

Code:
      /*

* Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

*/

FEATURES:
      Code:
      SELinux enforcing
      Improved performance
      High touch sensitivity mode
      SamsungDoze hand wave/pocket pulse
      AES-256-XTS File Based Encryption (FBE)
      ROM is signed with my developer keys

ISSUES:
      • WFD
      • WPA3 (WPA2/WPA3 personal works!)

REQUREMENTS:
      • unlocked bootloader - guide here thanks to @jesec
      • OneUI 3 firmware

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
      • Download the provided lineage recovery! ( Others will not work! And encryption only works properly with the provided lineage recovery! )
      • Flash it with Odin/Heimdall or whatever way
      • go to Wipe > format data/factory reset - This will wipe your INTERNAL storage, so please back up your important files before doing this!
      • Go to Apply update > install it
      • It will say that signature verification is failed, just choose install anyway
      • OPTIONAL: Install gapps
      • Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD: GITHUB RELEASES
      NOTE: Builds are unified so:
      • x1s = SM-G980, SM-G981 versions
      • y2s = SM-G985, SM-G986 versions
      • z3s = SM-G988 versions
      SUPPORT: Telegram support group

Credits:

What A Wurst guys (@derf elot @modpunk ) - We referenced their device trees alot, and for help in general
      @Ivan_Meler for being a friend and helping when needed

Last but not least, this is a project by team Exynoobs, me and @Linux4. special thanks to him.

Our sources are availiable on our github org, Exynoobs
      FAQ

Reporting Bugs
      DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
       restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      Build updated, changelog in github downloads and 3# post, enjoy :)
      CHANGELOG:

2021-01-28 :
      Initial release

2021-02-11:
      Fixed USB-C Audio
      Fixed crackling Audio while recording
      Fixed wireless powershare
      Added support for S20+ (5G) (y2s) and S20 Ultra (z3s)

2021-02-24:
      Updated vendor and kernel to XXU6DUB5 OneUI 3.1
      Fixed OMX
      Fixed camera issues on y2s/z3s
      Sync latest lineage changes
      Upgrade path from lineage 17.1 is...?
      I presume Odin flash stock One UI 3.0 and proceed from there. I'll do that. No way straight from 17.1 to 18.1?

Can someone explain why lineageos version depends on the stock firmware for install I don't remember this being the case for any previous device. Hell my S5 kltedv has not had samfirmware since the day I installed whatever, cynagenmod something in single figures. Now 18.1 also. 😀

Thanks to the Devs!

Because kernel source is from oneui3 and it requires an updated bootloader as well.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone