• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][x1s|y2s|z3s][SM-G980/1/5/6/8][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S20 series

Search This thread

Michiel0912

Apr 27, 2012
Hi Group,

Can someone provide a link to this guide, it says "guide here" but it doesn't actually link to the guide. I just scrolled thought 18 pages of @jesec's posts and didn't see it.

I am specifically looking for a guide to unlock G986B/DS.

Thanks!
Open up the Settings application.
Scroll down and tap the “Developer Options” menu
Tap the “OEM Unlocking” toggle to enable this option.
Tap the “Turn On” button when it appears at the bottom.
Then power off the smartphone.
Boot the Samsung Galaxy S20 into Download Mode (Hold Volume Up + Volume Down and insert USB cable that is connected to your PC).
Press and hold the Volume Up button when you arrive at the green splash screen.
Press the Volume Up button to confirm you want the bootloader unlocked.
Wait for the Galaxy S20 to restart and perform his factory reset.
Log back into Android and connect to WiFi, check in Developer Settings if OEM Unlock is still visible.

twolitrepinto

Jan 3, 2016
Thanks for this ROM!
First time flashing and first time using LOS but so far love it. Battery life is improved as less background crap going on.
Looking to escape the clutches of big brother so went with F-Droid, MicroG with Magisk.
Couldn't get mobile banking apps to work at first but they seem to work within Shelter (work profile even better.)

Haven't fully tested yet but camera seems to work for me.

Radius WiFi would be a nice to have as i use that a lot but can live without for now.
Anyone know if it's possible to pass safetynet check in microg using this rom? I got the self check list completed...

tabaz

Jul 16, 2007
I would love to install and keep one of these lineage 18.1 roms on my S20 ultra. But i do not want to miss one essential hardware feature: 120hz (and also resolution change). Two questions here:
1. Why is this option not available? Is it a driver issue?
2. Will it ever be?

DeHuMaNiZeD

Feb 20, 2011
Jastrebarsko
Thanks for this ROM!
First time flashing and first time using LOS but so far love it. Battery life is improved as less background crap going on.
Looking to escape the clutches of big brother so went with F-Droid, MicroG with Magisk.
Couldn't get mobile banking apps to work at first but they seem to work within Shelter (work profile even better.)

Haven't fully tested yet but camera seems to work for me.

Radius WiFi would be a nice to have as i use that a lot but can live without for now.
Anyone know if it's possible to pass safetynet check in microg using this rom? I got the self check list completed...
I am not sure, as i am not using banking apps, but maybe someone else knows

DeHuMaNiZeD

Feb 20, 2011
Jastrebarsko
I would love to install and keep one of these lineage 18.1 roms on my S20 ultra. But i do not want to miss one essential hardware feature: 120hz (and also resolution change). Two questions here:
1. Why is this option not available? Is it a driver issue?
2. Will it ever be?
We currenly havent found a good way to lower the resolution and enable higher refresh rate. The issue is that samsung uses some framework hacks in order to enable it. The issue is that if we somehow even force lower resolution and enable higher refresh rate, we will break lineage requirements and we will not be able to apply for official. We are considering our options and will try to make it work in the future.

tabaz

Jul 16, 2007
We currenly havent found a good way to lower the resolution and enable higher refresh rate. The issue is that samsung uses some framework hacks in order to enable it. The issue is that if we somehow even force lower resolution and enable higher refresh rate, we will break lineage requirements and we will not be able to apply for official. We are considering our options and will try to make it work in the future.
Thanks for the answer. Maybe a stupid question: What is the problem with "not applying for official"? Would you violating proprietary code?

mrw0lfe

Mar 7, 2016
Hi guys, im getting things ready to flash Lineage on my SM-G980F.I have it updated till last version, so it already has stock ONEUi 3. Could anyone just confirm these steps so i don't blow it?

Im a little lost, since the last phone i rooted was on kitkat.Things sure got a little more interesting since then XD.

First to Unlock the bootloader, as provided by Michiel0912
i must:
  • Open up the Settings application.
  • Scroll down and tap the “Developer Options” menu
  • Tap the “OEM Unlocking” toggle to enable this option.
  • Tap the “Turn On” button when it appears at the bottom.
  • Then power off the smartphone.
  • Boot the Samsung Galaxy S20 into Download Mode (Hold Volume Up + Volume Down and insert USB cable that is connected to your PC).
  • Press and hold the Volume Up button when you arrive at the green splash screen.
  • Press the Volume Up button to confirm you want the bootloader unlocked.
  • Wait for the Galaxy S20 to restart and perform his factory reset.
  • Log back into Android and connect to WiFi, check in Developer Settings if OEM Unlock is still visible.
Then:
  • Download the .zip and the recovery img related to my model
  • Flash With Odin?
After flashing with Odin i think i can take it over, but i still have some (un)related questions.
Like what is magisk(some firmware flash app on the phone )?
or what extra steps do i need to apply microG in this rom? (i've read you could simply install the apps from F-Droid, but it must not be the same thing has having the spoofing flashed)

(i've read microG has their own ROMs of official lineageOS[was thinking on buying a new phone just to flash it right away])

But my real problem is Odin. Can someone shed a light on me on how to work with Odin?
Where to put the files and wich options to have enabled? I've used it before, but it was always stated where to put each file.

Best Regards and congratulations on this rom guys,
It's god's work right here.

Michiel0912

Apr 27, 2012
Yes, flash with Odin, disable the auto reboot option to manually enter recovery after the flash. You can place the recovery image in the AP slot, the rest is described in the opening post. Magisk is to get root access on your device. I install my apps through F-Droid and Aurora Store without microG. So far I only have 1 app that is giving problems.

Edit: F-Droid is only open-source apps. Aurora store spoofes the Google app store.

Reactions: mrw0lfe

mrw0lfe

Mar 7, 2016
Yes, flash with Odin, disable the auto reboot option to manually enter recovery after the flash. You can place the recovery image in the AP slot, the rest is described in the opening post. Magisk is to get root access on your device. I install my apps through F-Droid and Aurora Store without microG. So far I only have 1 app that is giving problems.

Edit: F-Droid is only open-source apps. Aurora store spoofes the Google app store.

So just to be clear, i just need to add the lineage-18.1-20210521-recovery-x1s.img (Altough it's looking for a tar or md5 file) in the AP slot, disable auto reboot on options tab and flash?
And what about the zip lineage-18.1-20210521-UNOFFICIAL-x1s.zip? It's not needed?

These two files were the ones i downloaded from the repo https://exynoobs.github.io/OTA/devices/x1s.html

Sorry for the noob questioning 😅

Edit:
Sorry, I've already found out the solution in older comments like you stated.
I need to archive the recovery img into a tar and call it on the AP of odin, disable auto boot and flash.

Edit 2 :
Wooooooooooo got it working! Now i'll just spoof microg onto it.

Edit 3:
Got around to flash microg with Magisk, but never got past safetynet API errors, and for some odd reason microg would never accept or use my account, so i reflashed lineage with opengapps pico.Guess i'll be never free from you google :mad:
Apart from that, damn this ROM is fast!
Loving every part of it guys.Yet again, I give praises to you all. It's an amazing work. If there's a patreon or someplace where we can donate to the cause i'll gladly buy you a cup of coffe :) Regards.

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2021-08-06 213704.png
    Captura de ecrã 2021-08-06 213704.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Michiel0912

Apr 27, 2012
So just to be clear, i just need to add the lineage-18.1-20210521-recovery-x1s.img (Altough it's looking for a tar or md5 file) in the AP slot, disable auto reboot on options tab and flash?
And what about the zip lineage-18.1-20210521-UNOFFICIAL-x1s.zip? It's not needed?

These two files were the ones i downloaded from the repo https://exynoobs.github.io/OTA/devices/x1s.html

Sorry for the noob questioning 😅

Edit:
Sorry, I've already found out the solution in older comments like you stated.
I need to archive the recovery img into a tar and call it on the AP of odin, disable auto boot and flash.

Edit 2 :
Wooooooooooo got it working! Now i'll just spoof microg onto it.

Edit 3:
Got around to flash microg with Magisk, but never got past safetynet API errors, and for some odd reason microg would never accept or use my account, so i reflashed lineage with opengapps pico.Guess i'll be never free from you google :mad:
Apart from that, damn this ROM is fast!
Loving every part of it guys.Yet again, I give praises to you all. It's an amazing work. If there's a patreon or someplace where we can donate to the cause i'll gladly buy you a cup of coffe :) Regards.
Time has the answers. :)
Did you install the apps you need and see if they work without microG?
If you are trying to get rid of Google, check this out; https://www.reddit.com/r/degoogle/

Kind regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

*/

FEATURES:
    Code:
    SELinux enforcing
    Improved performance
    High touch sensitivity mode
    SamsungDoze hand wave/pocket pulse
    AES-256-XTS File Based Encryption (FBE)
    ROM is signed with our developer keys

ISSUES:
    • WPA3 (WPA2/WPA3 personal works!)

REQUREMENTS:
    • unlocked bootloader - guide here thanks to @jesec
    • OneUI 3 firmware

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Download the provided lineage recovery! ( Others will not work! And encryption only works properly with the provided lineage recovery! )
    • Flash it with Odin/Heimdall or whatever way
    • go to Wipe > format data/factory reset - This will wipe your INTERNAL storage, so please back up your important files before doing this!
    • Go to Apply update > install it
    • It will say that signature verification is failed, just choose install anyway
    • OPTIONAL: Install gapps
    • Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD AND CHANGELOG: https://exynoobs.github.io/OTA/
    NOTE: Builds are unified so:
    • x1s = SM-G980, SM-G981 versions
    • y2s = SM-G985, SM-G986 versions
    • z3s = SM-G988 versions
    SUPPORT: Telegram support group

Credits:

What A Wurst guys (@derf elot @modpunk ) - We referenced their device trees alot, and for help in general
    @Ivan_Meler for being a friend and helping when needed

Last but not least, this is a project by team Exynoobs, @Linux4, @Synt4x.93 and lastly, myself. special thanks to them.

Our sources are availiable on our github org, Exynoobs
    FAQ

Reporting Bugs
    DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    CHANGELOG:

2021-01-28 :
    Initial release

2021-02-11:
    Fixed USB-C Audio
    Fixed crackling Audio while recording
    Fixed wireless powershare
    Added support for S20+ (5G) (y2s) and S20 Ultra (z3s)

2021-02-24:
    Updated vendor and kernel to XXU6DUB5 OneUI 3.1
    Fixed OMX
    Fixed camera issues on y2s/z3s
    Sync latest lineage changes

2021-05-21:
    NOTE:UPDATING THE RECOVERY AND FORMATTING DATA IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE, BECAUSE IT WILL NOT BOOT OTHERWISE. ADDITIONAL DATA FORMATTING WILL NOT BE NEEDED, THIS IS BECAUSE OF SWITCHING FROM EXT4 TO F2FS.

Fixed USB tethering
    Fixed OMX issues
    Fixed audio issues
    Fixed camera issues/switched to snap api1
    Switched to F2FS, improved random write speed from 30 to 200 Mb/s
    Switched to opensource NFC stack
    Updated lineage sources
    Updated kernel source to latest samsung release
    Updated blobs and secpatch to latest samsung release
    Enabled MAC randomisation
    Enabled Wi-Fi direct
    Disabled Wi-Fi Display
    Building libbt-vendor from source
    Commonized stock blobs
    Enabled haptic text cursor
    Enabled call recording
    Addressed some more sepolicy denials
    Added sepolicy for HDMI out
    Added support for freeform windows and PiP mode
    Enabled Multiuser
    Improved SQlite storage speed
    Adjusted powerhint
    Fixed charging speed reporting on lockscreen
    Build updated, changelog in github downloads and 3# post, enjoy :)
    New update is out, please READ the release notes, and enjoy.