• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNRELEASED] Dark Side Edition (SK2)

Search This thread

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011

:: '##::::'##' :: :########: ::::::: :'###::::
::: .##::'##: :::: :##.......##:::::: :'##.##:::
::: :.##'##:: ::: :##:::::::##: :::: :'##.:.##::
::: ::.###::: ::: :##:::::::##' ::: '##::::::.##:
: ::##...##:: : :##:::::::##: ::: :########:
:##:::::.##: :########: ::: :##:::::::::##:

..:::::..:........::..:::::..:: -->
DEVELOPERS

By Flashing This Rom, You Are Waiving Any & All Liability.
I decline any responsibility for damaged devices, bricks, war, divorce & anything not listed.
As with anything you flash, you accept any/all risk.

Agent Soap & The Knuckle Deep Coding Crew PRESENTS:
DARK SIDE RC

What side are you on?

What this is:
For starters it's an unmodified firmware pulled from Samsung via Frija.
A Special Kylo Ren themed build of N975U1UES2ASK2
(I suspect this will be the final build before Android 10 drops in January for the N975X.)

Region: XAA
Build Date: 2019-11-18
Security Patch: December 1
MD5: 141E9C993B6479612D85E943F9B4EEA1
DOWNLOAD LINK

original.png
Code:
INSTRUCTIONS
[LIST=1]
[*] Download the firmware and confirm the MD5 matches.
[*] Open your copy of Patched Odin3.
[*] Reboot device into Download Mode: adb reboot bootloader
[*] Connect phone and wait until the ID:COM in Odin is blue.
[*] I flashed BL AP CP and CSC with positive results.
[*] Click the start button, sit back and wait until its done.
[*] Embrace the Dark Side.
[/LIST]

Somethings to note;
  • This zip is a monster 7.7gb.
  • I could not dirty flash and had to do a full wipe.
  • I could not update Galaxy apps over WiFi, only on LTE. (it may be a network issue unique to me, ymmv.)
  • Initial boot took FOREVER. It felt like 10 minutes. Loaded on your device its close to 35gb once booted. So what I' saying is be patient on first boot, because activation took another 10.

Screen Shots

Last edited:

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
@6h0st this is untouched (not rooted), from Samsung, so theoretically there wont be any knox problems. @speedyjay I'm not sure if there are any flash restrictions between devices (other than Snapdragon vs Exynos). I haven't had any issues as of yet, but I could be both very wrong and extremely lucky. I can say with 100% confidence it works great on N975U & U1 as this is a U1 firmware on my U device.

Still uploading 20% as of 0015 PST
3rd upload attempt
Truthfully, I realize that I should have put this thread in General. Honest mistake, I haven't been active in several years. Mods, please shift fire as needed, thank you.

Reactions: 6h0st

Negan

Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Hey guys, I've moved this to the general section for now given it's not exactly a rom and more of a stock firmware. Also any update on a download link? I realize you may have gotten excited and decided to draw up an op which I totally get. It does take quite a bit of time and effort to make one. My guess is that you had hoped it would be uploaded by the time you made it and it either failed to upload or took too long. As I'm sure you know XDA doesn't really like the whole place holder thing so let's try to get the link set for people. Please ping me here when you get it all set. If we can't get the links resolved soon the thread will be of no use and have to be closed. So fingers crossed you can get this sorted out shortly

Reactions: Agent Soap

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Morning, @Negan. Thanks for the move. AFH failed, I was up until 0200 trying to up the zip, but AFH misfired. I'm uploading to Mega now and should have a proper working link in about an hour or so. Thanks for your patience!

Edit:
Upload complete and hash verified. Enjoy folks!

Last edited:

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Anyone know if this will receive ota updates?

See this is where it all began... *#1234#* had me on 3 different versions & when I would try to update it would say "unsupported version goto service center blah". So I fired up Odins other half (Frija) and pulled the latest version for the N975U1 with XAA region to minimize bloat. What I downloaded was this 7+gb firmware (that rocks btw), and now it says I'm upto date. Ill know in January when the new patch drops!

PR_Grim

Aug 3, 2012
Toa Baja
Thanks for sharing this with the comunity. A few questions and concerns, first (question), can we revert back to stock non-dark side rom from this?
Second (concern)-you uploaded to mega, not everyone has a mega accnt, an accnt is requiered after certain file size so getting it from there in a no go?.
Third (question), I checked using frija and samfirm, both showed the same firmware with same file size (7+Gb) using diferent CSC's, TMB, USC and XAA, Are they the same?, meaning they ALL are Dark Side edition.
Sorry to bother you with all this, but my note 10+ is on at&t and we all know how difficult the process is for this specific carrier because of the online firmware availabilty and teh specifics on how and what to flash we we switch firmwares.

Reactions: DesertEagleSlim

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Thanks for sharing this with the comunity. A few questions and concerns, first (question), can we revert back to stock non-dark side rom from this?
Second (concern)-you uploaded to mega, not everyone has a mega accnt, an accnt is requiered after certain file size so getting it from there in a no go?.
Third (question), I checked using frija and samfirm, both showed the same firmware with same file size (7+Gb) using diferent CSC's, TMB, USC and XAA, Are they the same?, meaning they ALL are Dark Side edition.
Sorry to bother you with all this, but my note 10+ is on at&t and we all know how difficult the process is for this specific carrier because of the online firmware availabilty and teh specifics on how and what to flash we we switch firmwares.

Not a bother at all! Ill try and answer in their order:

1. Being an ATT device, I think the only challenge is finding the proper stock firmware for going back. I would suggest that you have a copy of the ATT firmware on hand before flashing, in case things go sideways. That being said however, reverting back to any other firmware or rom should be like replacing any other rom/firmware. Because this is stock that has been heavily themed by the OEM in preparation for joint release of the final Star Wars movie, 'Rise of Skywalker'. I think worst case scenario would be you spend all day downloading and flashing different roms until it works.

2. Easiest solution: Open a free Mega account if you want to download it. Or dont make one and don't download. All the choices belongs to you. Finding a (reliable) file host for a file that is sooo big is incredibly difficult. AnonFiles, HugeFIles and a couple more still require the uploader to make an account. I already had a Mega account so I used it.

3. I don't know, I would bet yes if its 7+gb. Happy flashing!

hedgehogmd

Nov 26, 2010
MD
I started with an Unlocked note 10 plus SM-N975U1 downloaded the zip from Frija used odin it booted with the dark side theme applied and December patch.
Also you can use the default theme which is what i was use to. Thanks

Reactions: Agent Soap

slolala

Jul 14, 2019
Not a bother at all! Ill try and answer in their order:

1. Being an ATT device, I think the only challenge is finding the proper stock firmware for going back. I would suggest that you have a copy of the ATT firmware on hand before flashing, in case things go sideways. That being said however, reverting back to any other firmware or rom should be like replacing any other rom/firmware. Because this is stock that has been heavily themed by the OEM in preparation for joint release of the final Star Wars movie, 'Rise of Skywalker'. I think worst case scenario would be you spend all day downloading and flashing different roms until it works.

2. Easiest solution: Open a free Mega account if you want to download it. Or dont make one and don't download. All the choices belongs to you. Finding a (reliable) file host for a file that is sooo big is incredibly difficult. AnonFiles, HugeFIles and a couple more still require the uploader to make an account. I already had a Mega account so I used it.

3. I don't know, I would bet yes if its 7+gb. Happy flashing!

Is the ASK2 firmware from sammobile the same as the zip you uploaded? Link is https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g...SM-N975U1/TMK/download/N975U1UES2ASK2/304937/

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
Downloaded and installed. As expected, a wipe ( or using CSC, not Home CSC) is required. Since I got the 10+ I haven't done a clean install , so besides the visual dark theme, it feels like the phone is responding quicker. Pretty sure it isn't placebo, but a result of starting all from scratch. Thanks for the link to Mega to download. Feels a bit like the good old flash OCD days .. :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

:: '##::::'##' :: :########: ::::::: :'###::::
    ::: .##::'##: :::: :##.......##:::::: :'##.##:::
    ::: :.##'##:: ::: :##:::::::##: :::: :'##.:.##::
    ::: ::.###::: ::: :##:::::::##' ::: '##::::::.##:
    : ::##...##:: : :##:::::::##: ::: :########:
    :##:::::.##: :########: ::: :##:::::::::##:

..:::::..:........::..:::::..:: -->
    DEVELOPERS

By Flashing This Rom, You Are Waiving Any & All Liability.
    I decline any responsibility for damaged devices, bricks, war, divorce & anything not listed.
    As with anything you flash, you accept any/all risk.

Agent Soap & The Knuckle Deep Coding Crew PRESENTS:
    DARK SIDE RC

What side are you on?

What this is:
    For starters it's an unmodified firmware pulled from Samsung via Frija.
    A Special Kylo Ren themed build of N975U1UES2ASK2
    (I suspect this will be the final build before Android 10 drops in January for the N975X.)

Region: XAA
    Build Date: 2019-11-18
    Security Patch: December 1
    MD5: 141E9C993B6479612D85E943F9B4EEA1
    DOWNLOAD LINK

original.png
    Code:
    INSTRUCTIONS
    [LIST=1]
    [*] Download the firmware and confirm the MD5 matches.
    [*] Open your copy of Patched Odin3.
    [*] Reboot device into Download Mode: adb reboot bootloader
    [*] Connect phone and wait until the ID:COM in Odin is blue.
    [*] I flashed BL AP CP and CSC with positive results.
    [*] Click the start button, sit back and wait until its done.
    [*] Embrace the Dark Side.
    [/LIST]

Somethings to note;
    • This zip is a monster 7.7gb.
    • I could not dirty flash and had to do a full wipe.
    • I could not update Galaxy apps over WiFi, only on LTE. (it may be a network issue unique to me, ymmv.)
    • Initial boot took FOREVER. It felt like 10 minutes. Loaded on your device its close to 35gb once booted. So what I' saying is be patient on first boot, because activation took another 10.

Screen Shots
    Yes, put it back to download mode , connect to Odin, but this time run CSC file and not HOME_CSC because it is a different size partition that you need.. you will have to restore all your files and apps, so I hope you have made a backup..

No need for any code..

Push power, vol+ and vol- until it does..
    Downloaded and installed. As expected, a wipe ( or using CSC, not Home CSC) is required. Since I got the 10+ I haven't done a clean install , so besides the visual dark theme, it feels like the phone is responding quicker. Pretty sure it isn't placebo, but a result of starting all from scratch. Thanks for the link to Mega to download. Feels a bit like the good old flash OCD days .. :cowboy:
    Morning, @Negan. Thanks for the move. AFH failed, I was up until 0200 trying to up the zip, but AFH misfired. I'm uploading to Mega now and should have a proper working link in about an hour or so. Thanks for your patience!

Edit:
    Upload complete and hash verified. Enjoy folks!
    Great!
    but... Will this trip Knox flag 0x0 on regular version?
    Thanks for your work.