[ROM UPDATE 01/19/12][Deodexed][1.12.23-2.1.13 Framework][ICS] Nexus S 4G 4.0.3

Search This thread

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
In the interest of time I will make this quick. I ported this from MIUIScotland's 4.0.3 rom. Everything works if you flash the matrix kernel 13 or 14.5 (see below) Feedback is good.

Proceedure:

*v.1.12.23*
1. Full Wipe (format data, system, boot, cache if boot loops)
2. Flash rom (link below)
3. Flash either of the Matrix Kernels below.
4. Reboot and enjoy

*Update v.1.12.23-2.1.6*
Notes: ROM can be flashed over 1.12.23. Researching standalone flash results. For now install 1.12.36 (the original) then the update to be safe.
Full wipe if coming from anyother rom besides 1.12.23

*memory offset notice during flash is not an error notice, so disregard as normal.*

Working:

WiFi, bluetooth, voice, data, GPS, market, launcher, camera, DHCP, SU, Exchange (ActiveSync), Flash Player*

*Download the BrowserGoogle.apk>place in /system/app directory>fix permissions>enjoy

Not Working:

WiMax

Download Links:

http://hotfile.com/dl/138804622/cc66084/miuiscotland_ICS-NS4G-LamontClan-signed.zip.html

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?crpan11q1dxqyz6

Oh yeah, I am not liable for anything that happens due to this rom.

**No worries though this ROM is stable and crisp.

Includes bash-4.0.0 binary that I added as a supplement. type "bash" using any terminal emulator apk and then type help to view command and version info.

01/16/2012

Update: Below is the ROM Update I promised to deliver.

Version: 1.12.23-2.1.6----->>>>> I have merged my orginal base rom with the 2.1.6 MIUI framework. This merge results with all features functioning as in the orginal rom, but with the added system ui color scheme of 2.1.6. Also, I have added about a dozen new binary files in the /system/bin directory that I have aquaired and or patched from the basic ARMel Linux architecture. In addition to these binary files, I included about 12 new apk in the rom to minimize my own post flash configuration process. I hope that this can save someone else a little time and frusteration too. Bonus features of the new framework are the Supermarket, Notes, YouTube, Google+, DSPManager, the original SprintTV app, the orginal Nexus 3D Gallery, and all Supermarket downloads are now fully functioning. The build number is the same to prevent the mobile data from crashing. So with out further adoo, Here tis'...

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3c4rbocb90nne49

ATTENTION- Force Closes on inital boot can accure, but should not persistantly inhibit system function. Solution below...

REPLACE GOOGLELOGINSERVICE.APK AND GOOGLESERVICESFRAMEWORK.APK WITH THE RESPECTIVELY NAMED APKS BELOW IN /SYSTEM/APP/. MANUALLY FIX THE PERMISSIONS TO MATCH AL THE OTHER APKS IN /SYSTEM/APP/>REBOOT.
[1.17.12]Upgrade (pronounced Oop-grad in German*) Build v4 1.12.23 R2: China 2.1.6 framework resources included

This refined version is fully flashable after a complete wipe/total device reformat (I tested it on my crespo4g this time). I has a tone of features and I received only one force close on boot, Updater App, which after closing only once did not come back to stain me like mustard on a new pair of pants or pantaloons depending on your local vernacular.

What works[Everything from previous builds +]: USB Mounting, Facelock, Language Dictionaries, Theme Manager's online library, over 2000kb/sec downstream on 3g (basically 4g is working after you create a new APN named sprint[pm me of look it up on the net if you need help.

Not Working: MMS..probably..I am sure someone will let me know about their precious mms

*Quote form the timeless Cinemagraphic classic entitle "Idiocracy"

Download Link (Large File Dawg)

http://hotfile.com/dl/142398573/d1fa5c8/miui-1.12.23-2.1.6-framework-refined.zip.html

Download Link (Fully Deodexed Version) *NFC does not function and must be disabled before flashing update*

http://hotfile.com/dl/142706214/e5f4304/miui-1.12.23-2.1.6-framework-refined-fully-deodexed.zip.html

*UPDATE Version 1.12.23-2.1.13 Deodexed*

http://hotfile.com/dl/142724529/69c...3-framework-refined-fully-deodexedv2.zip.html

Includes MIUI framework from ICS 2.1.13. Again NFC does not work, under review. Solution=disable in setting or if flashing update than disable NFC in the setting menu before flashing this update.

Much Obliged,

B-Dawg

Many Thanks the developers below:

Brainmaster: update-script and overall inspiration
MathKid: Use of Matix Kernels on this thread.
All Linux users everywhere for their continued interest and providing a demand for us poster dudes and dudettes.

Remember to click "Thank You" if you download my work.

Attachments

• Matr1x-cfs_v13.0.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 345
  • Matr1x-bfs_v13.0.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 209
  • shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,230
  • shot_000003.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,790
  • shot_000004.jpg
    shot_000004.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,778
  • shot_000015.jpg
    shot_000015.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,331
  • shot_000016.jpg
    shot_000016.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,796
  • BrowserGoogle.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 244
  • shot_000018.jpg
    shot_000018.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,622
  • shot_000012.jpg
    shot_000012.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,557
  • shot_000021.jpg
    shot_000021.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,435
  • shot_000020.jpg
    shot_000020.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,337
  • shot_000022.jpg
    shot_000022.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Screenshot_2011-12-29-17-19-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2011-12-29-17-19-14.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,471
  • Matr1x-bfs_v14.5-colors.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Matr1x-cfs_v14.5-colors.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 75
  • GoogleLoginService.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2012-01-18-22-14-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-18-22-14-35.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 471
  • Screenshot_2012-01-14-14-44-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-14-14-44-58.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

vhgomez36

Dec 16, 2008

craigbailey1986

Apr 13, 2010
Conley
In the interest of time I will make this quick. I ported this from MIUIScotland's 4.0.3 rom. Everything works if you flash the matrix kernel 13 (see below). Browser is kinda buggy but just use the "request desktop site " and select google as your default search provider. Feedback is good.

http://hotfile.com/dl/138804622/cc66084/miuiscotland_ICS-NS4G-LamontClan-signed.zip.html

What do you mean everything works "if you flash matrix kernel 13"?? I am about to flash, dont want to jack my phone up!!:D

Thanks for the port.....

Edit: what does roam indicator off mean? Is it supposed to be in roam mode?

Last edited:

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
Thanks for the port downloading now I already got the matrix 13 so no need to download it!! ; )

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

solesonfire

Aug 30, 2010
tampa fl
I had constant reboots... Did a full wipe and fixed permissions and installed it again and still rebooting constantly.... Thanks for your hard work nonetheless

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
What do you mean everything works "if you flash matrix kernel 13"?? I am about to flash, dont want to jack my phone up!!:D

Thanks for the port.....

Edit: what does roam indicator off mean? Is it supposed to be in roam mode?

It is a aethetic error. Usually roms say "Sprint," but I did not edit the xml, so it reads that the phone is not roaming, which is the next line item in the array string.

Reactions: spx_trader

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
I had constant reboots... Did a full wipe and fixed permissions and installed it again and still rebooting constantly.... Thanks for your hard work nonetheless

I did not edit the boot.img or the framework, so you shouldn't have boot loop problems. Formate system, data, cache, and boot. Reflash rom and please let me kow the result for troubleshooting purposes. Thank you.

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
Nope, just tested all three. Check browser settings ie pop-up blocker or safe-screening type filter settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the interest of time I will make this quick. I ported this from MIUIScotland's 4.0.3 rom. Everything works if you flash the matrix kernel 13 or 14.5 (see below) Feedback is good.

Proceedure:

*v.1.12.23*
    1. Full Wipe (format data, system, boot, cache if boot loops)
    2. Flash rom (link below)
    3. Flash either of the Matrix Kernels below.
    4. Reboot and enjoy

*Update v.1.12.23-2.1.6*
    Notes: ROM can be flashed over 1.12.23. Researching standalone flash results. For now install 1.12.36 (the original) then the update to be safe.
    Full wipe if coming from anyother rom besides 1.12.23

*memory offset notice during flash is not an error notice, so disregard as normal.*

Working:

WiFi, bluetooth, voice, data, GPS, market, launcher, camera, DHCP, SU, Exchange (ActiveSync), Flash Player*

*Download the BrowserGoogle.apk>place in /system/app directory>fix permissions>enjoy

Not Working:

WiMax

Download Links:

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?crpan11q1dxqyz6

Oh yeah, I am not liable for anything that happens due to this rom.

**No worries though this ROM is stable and crisp.

Includes bash-4.0.0 binary that I added as a supplement. type "bash" using any terminal emulator apk and then type help to view command and version info.

01/16/2012

Update: Below is the ROM Update I promised to deliver.

Version: 1.12.23-2.1.6----->>>>> I have merged my orginal base rom with the 2.1.6 MIUI framework. This merge results with all features functioning as in the orginal rom, but with the added system ui color scheme of 2.1.6. Also, I have added about a dozen new binary files in the /system/bin directory that I have aquaired and or patched from the basic ARMel Linux architecture. In addition to these binary files, I included about 12 new apk in the rom to minimize my own post flash configuration process. I hope that this can save someone else a little time and frusteration too. Bonus features of the new framework are the Supermarket, Notes, YouTube, Google+, DSPManager, the original SprintTV app, the orginal Nexus 3D Gallery, and all Supermarket downloads are now fully functioning. The build number is the same to prevent the mobile data from crashing. So with out further adoo, Here tis'...

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3c4rbocb90nne49

ATTENTION- Force Closes on inital boot can accure, but should not persistantly inhibit system function. Solution below...

REPLACE GOOGLELOGINSERVICE.APK AND GOOGLESERVICESFRAMEWORK.APK WITH THE RESPECTIVELY NAMED APKS BELOW IN /SYSTEM/APP/. MANUALLY FIX THE PERMISSIONS TO MATCH AL THE OTHER APKS IN /SYSTEM/APP/>REBOOT.
    [1.17.12]Upgrade (pronounced Oop-grad in German*) Build v4 1.12.23 R2: China 2.1.6 framework resources included

This refined version is fully flashable after a complete wipe/total device reformat (I tested it on my crespo4g this time). I has a tone of features and I received only one force close on boot, Updater App, which after closing only once did not come back to stain me like mustard on a new pair of pants or pantaloons depending on your local vernacular.

What works[Everything from previous builds +]: USB Mounting, Facelock, Language Dictionaries, Theme Manager's online library, over 2000kb/sec downstream on 3g (basically 4g is working after you create a new APN named sprint[pm me of look it up on the net if you need help.

Not Working: MMS..probably..I am sure someone will let me know about their precious mms

*Quote form the timeless Cinemagraphic classic entitle "Idiocracy"

Download Link (Large File Dawg)

http://hotfile.com/dl/142398573/d1fa5c8/miui-1.12.23-2.1.6-framework-refined.zip.html

Download Link (Fully Deodexed Version) *NFC does not function and must be disabled before flashing update*

http://hotfile.com/dl/142706214/e5f4304/miui-1.12.23-2.1.6-framework-refined-fully-deodexed.zip.html

*UPDATE Version 1.12.23-2.1.13 Deodexed*

http://hotfile.com/dl/142724529/69c...3-framework-refined-fully-deodexedv2.zip.html

Includes MIUI framework from ICS 2.1.13. Again NFC does not work, under review. Solution=disable in setting or if flashing update than disable NFC in the setting menu before flashing this update.

Much Obliged,

B-Dawg

Many Thanks the developers below:

Brainmaster: update-script and overall inspiration
    MathKid: Use of Matix Kernels on this thread.
    All Linux users everywhere for their continued interest and providing a demand for us poster dudes and dudettes.

Remember to click "Thank You" if you download my work.
    Ok, here's what I got.

ROM in OP-Deodexed and zipaligned

DOWNLOAD TO ROM

Here are some fixes, I tested these on my Deodexed version

ROAMING INDICATOR FIX

KEYBOARD FIX

-To avoid confusion delete LatinIME.apk from /system/app/ before flashing
    -After flashing the zip go to Settings>Language & Input>Spelling Correction and enable Android correction. If you didn't delete the old keyboard first toggle to the other Android Correction, may have to toggle keyboards as well because you'll have two

I mostly deodexed this to start theming for V4 lol. Makes it a lot easier
    I asked brain master to give us a updated version..since he has one on the GSM side ..but havent heard from him...no offense to bdawg be just need someone that has the time an that can be consistent on updates etc...

I don't know if you realize how rude this is. Just seems like a slap in the face. I've been talking to Brainmaster and he's been helping when he can but he too has been extremely busy.

And I'll say this with the same, no offense, but you really don't contribute anything and you have no idea what the problem is with the latest ics builds so I suggest try porting it yourself. Don't want to? Don't know how? Don't have the time? OK, then shut up and let the people who are actually looking into fixing these issues do so without belittling comments

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk
    Thanks meter

Please feel free to his the thanks meter if you download either rom. Trying to get my street cred up a little. Much obliged.
    It says everything works but does mms work??

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

have not tested mms.