• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UPDATE][10.0][JOYEUSE][UNOFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/15]

Search This thread

GabbyWC

Dec 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Ok, then it's roughly the same level that I am at. Can you report back when you have your LTE plan? Not sure why the Ok Google detection is greyed out though. But I had similar issues with the Note 4 ROM as well, might be related. I find it rather convenient to use, so I will probably make sure it works. Flashing the vbmeta.img doesn't change anything though. It results in a boot loop though if you flash the Pixel one back. :D I will leave it at the one from the GSI ROM until the next flash. But then the bugs, voLTE still with a question mark, seem to be the same. Any idea where the official Pixel Experience thread is?

I will check out that GCam port. What I heard of until now is ANX, but I never heard of that one before, so I was wondering what you use.

I must have forgotten that the ROM has a link as well. I never used it since the official version came out.

I switched over to a different cellular provider (Koodo Mobile) with an LTE data plan about one week ago. The VoLTE option in the official Pixel Experience Plus ROM is still enabled but I'm not sure if VoLTE is actually in effect because the signal icon does not show LTE when I am on a phone call and using data simultaneously. I have LTE / WCDMA as my preferred network type because voice calls don't work if I set it to only LTE. The main developer of the official Pixel Experience ROM (ctwoon) has not created a thread for it on XDA. I also tried enabling WiFi calling but did not notice any difference and it's probably because my cellular provider does not sell Xiaomi phones or support that feature on these devices.

Last edited:

zindra7

Mar 10, 2015
- intial build For joyeuse

Date 15/09/2020

Device Side :
- September Security Level
- power-libperfmgr: adapt and rebrand for xiaomi_sm6250
- Introduces Sonic Kernel prebuilt :)
- Update Wireguard Lastest
- Build wiht Proton Clang 12.0 Version
- uv cpu 80mv kernel
- uv gpu 80mv kernel
- Enable fluence for audio/voice recording
- powerhint: Rewrite apt values for sm6150
- virtualKeyVibePattern
- enable VoLTE and VoWIFI for all
- Disable SBC HD audio dual channel support by default
- Add CameraGo Prebuilt
- Introduce 'SafailNet'
- Switch to walleye oreo build fingerprint
- Cts passed by default (without modules) (need Test)
- Playstore Certified by default (without modules) (need Test)
- Rebase Tree
- Spesifik Tree Not Miatoll Tree
- improved Turbo Charging Up

Note :
- Use Pbrp
- Format Data

Bugs :
- NFC DIE I DONT HAVE TIME FIX IT SORRY !!

Page One Download
Double Tap to wake fixed?

Kacha13

Nov 4, 2013
I switched over to a different cellular provider (Koodo Mobile) with an LTE data plan about one week ago. The VoLTE option in the official Pixel Experience Plus ROM is still enabled but I'm not sure if VoLTE is actually in effect because the signal icon does not show LTE when I am on a phone call and using data simultaneously. I have LTE / WCDMA as my preferred network type because voice calls don't work if I set it to only LTE. The main developer of the official Pixel Experience ROM (ctwoon) has not created a thread for it on XDA. I also tried enabling WiFi calling but did not notice any difference and it's probably because my cellular provider does not sell Xiaomi phones or support that feature on these devices.

Hm, for me, as soon as I enable VoLTE, I lose my data connection. But it's not a problem, for now, I just leave it disabled. I wonder if it depends on the provider.

Ah, no official thread then, that's too bad.

Double Tap to wake fixed?

If you use the official version (curtana has support for joyeuse) it works.

msacco4

Jan 8, 2013
Does NFC work? Seen some say it does, but it seems like in a recent update log it says it isn't?
Just trying to make sure.

GabbyWC

Dec 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Does NFC work? Seen some say it does, but it seems like in a recent update log it says it isn't?
Just trying to make sure.

NFC with Google Pay works in the official ROM if you enable MagiskHide and install the MagiskHide Props Config module to select a certified device fingerprint that passes SafetyNet's CTS Profile check.

Is this PE Plus official rom available for Note 9 Pro? It says Note 9S at the website.

Yes, the official ROM for curtana supports joyeuse as of the 2020/09/11 release.

Last edited:

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
Good evening. I know, I know, this has already been asked, I've read lot of threats... sorry to insist but, how do I apply this rom (roms in general)? According to pakrett-bm:

flash the stock rom and do the first boot
reboot to bootloader
connect to pc and boot in to PBRP recovery without installing it "fastboot boot recovery.img"
wipe data, cache and dalvik cache
go to mout section and unmount vendor
flash the rom
reboot to recovery (miui stock recovery)
wipe all data
reboot to system
done

I flash all my roms this way and it never fails

But there are a lot of instructions, and all of them are differents:
Guide to Unlock bootloader , Flash TWRP and a Custom rom by LoadOP2

And in Lineage 18 by gigahurts he says
DO NOT - Wipe data!, ONLY FORMAT, otherwise you may hose the phone.

In Lineage 17.1 by SebaUbuntu

Installation instructions
- Flash my recovery (see below)
- Go to fastbootd
- Execute the following commands with a PC:
Code:

fastboot erase system

Code:

fastboot erase vendor

Code:

fastboot erase product

- Format data and cache
- Flash the ROM
- (Optional) Flash gapps and/or Magisk
- Reboot

So I'm really confused and wouldn't like to brick the phone. I'm in stock firmware.

I've another question. What is the recovery file in the official Pixel Experience page? Sure, a new recovery but which one? TWRP, Pitch Black, Lineage, another one? Should I use it?

Thank you so much in advance.
Regards

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
Hello. My phone is new and comes with MIUI 11.0.4. Is it necesary any MIUI version to unlock/install the ROM? I started the unlock procedure a couple of days ago and now I read that "It is highly recommended to have the latest official MIUI weekly package installed on the device, before proceeding with unlock", and in some ROMs they say it needs version 11.0.7 or 12.0.1 previously installed.
Thank you and regards

Diesis

Aug 8, 2007
flash the stock rom and do the first boot
reboot to bootloader
connect to pc and boot in to PBRP recovery without installing it "fastboot boot recovery.img"
wipe data, cache and dalvik cache
go to mout section and unmount vendor
flash the rom
reboot to recovery (miui stock recovery)
wipe all data
reboot to system
done

It worked here, but can't be able to boot neither
fastboot boot PBRP-miatoll-3.0.0-20201101-1929-BETA.zip
nor
fastboot boot PitchBlack-joyeuse-2.9.1-20200722-1350-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Only worked
fastboot boot recovery-redmi_note9s-3.4.1-10.0-b5.img

My device is joyeuse. What is the updated bootloader to use ?
Now i left stock miui bootloader