[ROM] Update - ICS Firmware 4.0.6 - Root Version for enabled SDE !

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    HI All !!!

Now -> Update Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.6 , based on Stock Firmware 4.0.6 !

This Rom is rooted, busybox installed and have tun.ko module ...

This update removes some random FC , screen freeze and random reboot !!!

Works on all tablets gen9, seems to be more stable than stock firmware 4.0.6 and can be used as a daily ROM !

Kernel was updated with this two patchs => (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1633465&page=4 ) BIG THANKS Mr. Courville !

These stock applications have been updated : Books, Market, Google+, Street, Maps, Music2, Gmail .

These are the files you need to install the Update :

- archos.ext4.update -> in archive "406_update.zip" => https://hotfile.com/dl/156241977/239b586/406_update.zip.html
    - zImage and initramfs -> in archive "kernel_update.zip" => http://www.2shared.com/file/KwL0giqb/kernel_update.html

Installation :

- copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage ( /mnt/storage )
    - reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Menu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop ;
    - ok ! and wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient !

In this Update we do not have custom "bootanimation" , no extra apps added ( except Rootcheck ), anything else in addition to stock firmware 4.0.6 !!!

regards,
    Surdu Petru

Last edited:

Kenomann

May 11, 2011
    Thank you for your good work for the gen9.

I had no FC with the first rooted 4.06, but the wifi disconnects sometimes in standby. Would you prefer to update even if I had no FC till now?

I can not see a downloadlink ...

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using XDA

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Thank you for your good work for the gen9.

I had no FC with the first rooted 4.06, but the wifi disconnects sometimes in standby. Would you prefer to update even if I had no FC till now?

I can not see a downloadlink ...

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using XDA

Hi !

For me in the stock firmware 4.0.6 version I had a lot of random restarting !
    - with this update , all seems to be OK !

If you do not have FC, and random reboot , you not need to update .....only if you use the VPN service. ;)

Liebaart

Feb 22, 2008
    Brugge
    Flashed it and it works, but now I encountered this problem.
    If you do a full wipe from the Settings menu, the device freezes while booting. It's not a bootloop, just completely freezes on the Archos bootlogo.
    Same thing happens when I then try to reboot from the Recovery menu, or even Format System and Reset Android and Storage. Boot freeze....
    Any idea on this?

I have a 80G9

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Flashed it and it works, but now I encountered this problem.
    If you do a full wipe from the Settings menu, the device freezes while booting. It's not a bootloop, just completely freezes on the Archos bootlogo.
    Same thing happens when I then try to reboot from the Recovery menu, or even Format System and Reset Android and Storage. Boot freeze....
    Any idea on this?

I have a 80G9

Hi!

You can try "Format System" -> "Reformat Device" -> OK ! , install stock 4.0.6, than -> copy archos.ext4.update in /mnt/storage/ go to recovery -> Recovery System -> Developer Edition Menu -> Remove Android Kernel -> Developer Edition Menu -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs , copy here zImage and initramfs , Ok! - good luck !

4carlos

Jun 28, 2009
    no fc's and reboots in 13 hours stresstest (governor hotplug mode!). i had before up to 3 in one hour. seems much better now!!

hitman72

May 22, 2008
    ortona
    still a lot off crashes and reboots expecially using opera, veetle, sopcast etc. even a simply game like angry words freezes the tablet (when one is moving a tile..), pity. ciao :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: surdu_petru

4carlos

Jun 28, 2009
    13 hour stresstest! wow that cannot be good for your CPU. was your tablet hot afterwards?

mmh, maybe stresstest is the wrong word in the conservative meaning. what i mean is, heavy usage of my favorite applications like adobe reader, dolphin hd, kindle, moon+ reader, stock browser, greader pro, kaiten mail, vs tv, softmaker office mobile (crashes 2 times, because beta i guess), calendar, meridian pro, pinball, picsay pro, raging thunder, titanium backup, skype, upnplay, google play store and some german news apps with a lot of video contents like zdf mediathek, tagesschau, heute and so on. all applications crashes after a while before update. seems, after update my main apps running stable now. btw. it's not only a gamepad (only for fun and relaxing) you see. my hotspot is information, working, watching tv/video and communication. i think, a real 'stresstest' (running cpu instructions in a loop thousands of times) is not close enough to my daily usage. i'm not a fan of overclocking (reduce life of hardware) only to get more speed.

beside this, i realized that skype has problems with audio now. i cannot receive any voice with audio and video calls. my counterpart can hear me, but my speaker keep silent. what a pity. until is fixed, i use reelportal to talk with my kids.

for my purpose it's much much better now. i have got many fc's/freezes/reboots while scrolling in contents when i used governor hotplug.

@hitman72:
    opera crashes since honeycomb on my tablet and on my phones (pls see opera forum for all the pain :(). it's not a really good reference. i use dolphin instead. not all fc's are caused by archos i mean. many apps in play store have a low quality and not really ported to ics hd. i don't except bugfree software all over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      HI All !!!

Now -> Update Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.6 , based on Stock Firmware 4.0.6 !

This Rom is rooted, busybox installed and have tun.ko module ...

This update removes some random FC , screen freeze and random reboot !!!

Works on all tablets gen9, seems to be more stable than stock firmware 4.0.6 and can be used as a daily ROM !

Kernel was updated with this two patchs => (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1633465&page=4 ) BIG THANKS Mr. Courville !

These stock applications have been updated : Books, Market, Google+, Street, Maps, Music2, Gmail .

These are the files you need to install the Update :

- archos.ext4.update -> in archive "406_update.zip" => https://hotfile.com/dl/156241977/239b586/406_update.zip.html
      - zImage and initramfs -> in archive "kernel_update.zip" => http://www.2shared.com/file/KwL0giqb/kernel_update.html

Installation :

- copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage ( /mnt/storage )
      - reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Menu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop ;
      - ok ! and wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient !

In this Update we do not have custom "bootanimation" , no extra apps added ( except Rootcheck ), anything else in addition to stock firmware 4.0.6 !!!

regards,
      Surdu Petru
      still a lot off crashes and reboots expecially using opera, veetle, sopcast etc. even a simply game like angry words freezes the tablet (when one is moving a tile..), pity. ciao :)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone