• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

rom update WW_ZS660KL_16.0622.1907.33

Search This thread

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
dumb question: how do you unzip payload.bin?

Edit: figured it out. Don't use the file on Asus's website, use the raw file linked in the OP, unzip, reboot into fastboot, and double click "flash all". Wait a while, then hit enter after the line appears in cmd (you'll see what I'm talking about). Phone will reboot and you're all set.

Last edited:

souljahboyph

Mar 9, 2014
I have a tencent edition that came with the original ww rom out of the box with bootloader locked and passed safetynet. I updated via the method in this thread and everything works great. Didn't have to wipe or remove my Google account.

We have the same but im stuck on nothing happens whenever i run the flash all aft, mine is also lock bootloader, i already unlock it but still the same nothing happens? Can you okease help me out

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
We have the same but im stuck on nothing happens whenever i run the flash all aft, mine is also lock bootloader, i already unlock it but still the same nothing happens? Can you okease help me out
I didn't have to unlock bootloader. Wait 10 or so minutes, then hit enter in the cmd window. Phone will reboot and be updated

Reactions: souljahboyph

vincenzovi

Apr 12, 2012
I have a tencent edition that came with the original ww rom out of the box with bootloader locked and passed safetynet. I updated via the method in this thread and everything works great. Didn't have to wipe or remove my Google account.

i dont think there is a global rom for tencent. factory is set to china so if your phone came with global rom, more likely seller just flash it to ww rom.

Reactions: xxBrun0xx

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
i already figured it out, it seems i forgot to update the usb driver, now it all ok, im in the latest ww rom and can ota update now. i have also locked back my bootloader.
When you say you can ota now, I'm guessing you mean you can manually update via the method in this thread? "Ota" refers to updates that you can download and install via the settings menu on your phone with no computer involved (hence "over the air" acronym). As far as I know, tencent phones can't get OTA updates from Asus unless they're using the China "CN" rom.

souljahboyph

Mar 9, 2014
When you say you can ota now, I'm guessing you mean you can manually update via the method in this thread? "Ota" refers to updates that you can download and install via the settings menu on your phone with no computer involved (hence "over the air" acronym). As far as I know, tencent phones can't get OTA updates from Asus unless they're using the China "CN" rom.

of course i know what ota does, yes it can be done now, mine is clean with locked stock bootloader and global rom its just yesterday thanks to the dev team of vietnam, just search it on youtube,

Reactions: xxBrun0xx

souljahboyph

Mar 9, 2014
of course i know what ota does, yes it can be done now, mine is clean with locked stock bootloader and global rom its just yesterday thanks to the dev team of vietnam, just search it on youtube,

if you follow the steps there, there is a certain step that you will go to the root folder and to the vendor folder to change the CN to WW thats the fingerprint left by CN rom, its a long video just follow the steps, btw it involve unlocking n relocking the bootloader and rooting and unrooting your phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alternative download link:
    For general user: Mediafire
    For China user: BaiduYun(Pass: s3cy)
    I found full list of changes in this update

-Added three ROG live wallpapers
    -Light Luminous Core theme supports live wallpaper effect
    -Fixed the issue where occasionally can not turn on WiFi hotspot
    -ROG Lighting Armor Case supports "Activate the Force" sound effects, such as alarm, ringtone, notification sound etc.
    -Added Netflix shortcut
    -Improved the preview lag issue in camera portrait mode
    -Optimized camera parameters
    -Optimized the flow of switching to the classic Pixel-like system style in setup wizard
    -Optimized edge touch suppression effect
    -Fixed AirTrigger's force level adjustment issue
    -Fixed the issue where video or system sound occasionally cannot be played
    -Fixed the occasional system restart issue in "MLTD (ミリシタ) "
    -Fixed the issue where the phone screen app will appear quickly on the external screen when launching/leaving a portrait-only app on TwinView Dock II

Remember, You're on your own from here. Follow the steps carefully, and patiently. If something breaks or blows up - You're on your own.

- This guide only applies to ASUS ROG II (SKU : ZS660KL)
    * Ensure to log out from your Google Account Signed in on the device. If you forget this step, Later on, you'll be locked at first boot due to Google's FRP.
    * Do not attempt this on x86/32bit operating systems. Some users have reported bricking issues due to RAW flasher not supporting 32bit Operating Systems.
    * Download the WW (International ROM) file at the end of this post (This is if you're coming from CN Rom to International Rom)
    * Extract all contents as is to your C: Drive
    * (Refer to attached image for the file list)
    * Connect the Phone to the PC in Fastboot Mode - Using the Black Type-C Port on the Side of the Device (Not the Charging port on the bottom)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eS8in5E_5KboRFa6mZZvkw0VtZoACPmO/view?fbclid=IwAR0YStZ160ny5bzMS_JwyCICvYSx1w63HtShUJHnvUCjdKu31vSEBF-QPc8[/URL]

Remember, You're on your own from here. Follow the steps carefully, and patiently. If something breaks or blows up - You're on your own.

- This guide only applies to ASUS ROG II (SKU : ZS660KL)
    * Ensure to log out from your Google Account Signed in on the device. If you forget this step, Later on, you'll be locked at first boot due to Google's FRP.
    * Do not attempt this on x86/32bit operating systems. Some users have reported bricking issues due to RAW flasher not supporting 32bit Operating Systems.
    * Download the WW (International ROM) file at the end of this post (This is if you're coming from CN Rom to International Rom)
    * Extract all contents as is to your C: Drive
    * (Refer to attached image for the file list)
    * Connect the Phone to the PC in Fastboot Mode - Using the Black Type-C Port on the Side of the Device (Not the Charging port on the bottom)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eS8in5E_5KboRFa6mZZvkw0VtZoACPmO/view?fbclid=IwAR0YStZ160ny5bzMS_JwyCICvYSx1w63HtShUJHnvUCjdKu31vSEBF-QPc8[/URL]

Any idea what changes there are? Is it worth wiping?

Version WW-16.0622.1907.33
    2019/09/092.2 GBytes
    ZS660KL software Image:WW_V16.0622.1907.33, This software is only available to customers of WW version to update and use the
    improved project:
    1. Add three ROG dynamic wallpapers
    2. Bright core evolution theme supports dynamic tablecloth effect
    3. Correction can not open Wi -Fi hotspot problem
    No it doesn't wipe I just updated mine using the raw over the initial WW rom. We'll have to manually flash ourselves using the new raw files each time to update