• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][Updated 2/12/14][Odexed Blue][MJ4][Odexed][Blue Themed and mods][3.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongsteve

Recognized Themer
Apr 1, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hangouts request lockdown

For the time being, Hangouts is no longer open to new invites. I am being trolled and spammed by a former user that goes by the name @Lawngenie

He also goes by the name bigpoppa

He is threatening to kang my work and that of the Average Joes team and release it as his own.

Guys, Please keep a lookout for this loser.

strongsteve

Recognized Themer
Apr 1, 2008
Dallas, TX
I really hope the XDA community deals with this. Sorry you have to deal with this Steve. A soon as you trust someone.....

My inbox has been blowing up today with these threats and nonsense. Please keep a lookout in this forum as well as other forums for this person posting my work.

The android community knows my work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

blackcanopy

Apr 7, 2011
near Cincinnati, Ohio
As good as you and Average Joe's Team are, I'm not surprised you guys have "papa" razzi on your heels, however, this behavior is beyond tolerable.
He's certainly full of it... Anyone in their right mind would never pay $500.00 for a rom no matter how good it is. Head up, chest out my friend, he may be able to imitate but never duplicate.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thebear j koss

Oct 24, 2012
NYC
www.designrifts.com
Notified Kenny about the situation. Hopefully our great mods here on XDA will keep an eye out for this guy. Horrible to think with all the time spent making themes and Roms that someone would kang it for their own personal gain. Hopefully what goes around comes around and he gets what he deserves...

[email protected]'$ [email protected]@XY

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
Oh wow...that's laughable! This guy is probably 12 years old and is definitely full of *hit. No one in their right mind would pay anything like that for a ROM. There's sooooo much good stuff already out there for every popular phone that is free...you'd have to be a complete imbecile to pay to have a dev build you a custom ROM. He's just talking a bunch of BS trying to get you *issed off and into an argument, so he can sit there and laugh. That being said...definitely a possibility he would attempt to kang and take credit, but with your unique knack for smali edits, I'm sure you'd have no trouble proving its your own work and anything he would post would be pulled down anyways. What a moron this guy is....but ya...we'll keep an eye out for anything similar and let you know big guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

merchmonster

Jan 18, 2011
Some people deserve credit for the stuff they create Aka strongsteve, Gunther, and other people that have helped with Odexed blue. Keep in mind Steve, those of us that have been for awhile know the Odexed blue and where it originally came from.
They say intimation is form of flattery. But in this case, it's just drama. Thankfully, odexed blue is awesome community with awesome moderators such as @Naddict @kennyglass.
Keep on doing what you Steve. We appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee / Spider-Mo
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
OK, everyone let's settle down a bit
There will always be those that steal and benefit off the work of others
Thetidesrollforever and now The Lawngenie have been removed
There is a user by the name Big Poppa on XDA but it is not this guy
Please PM me if you find out if this guy has a current account on XDA
In the meantime there is not much that XDA can do
ROMs are reposted on foreign websites all the time and work is stolen outside XDA
I am sorry Steve that this child is harassing you. Best to block him everywhere you can
Let's get back on topic here guys before all the posts end up full of profanity
Thanks guys! :good:

notmyepic

Mar 19, 2011
Livonia, MI
OK, everyone let's settle down a bit
There will always be those that steal and benefit off the work of others
Thetidesrollforever and now The Lawngenie have been removed
There is a user by the name Big Poppa on XDA but it is not this guy
Please PM me if you find out if this guy has a current account on XDA
In the meantime there is not much that XDA can do
ROMs are reposted on foreign websites all the time and work is stolen outside XDA
I am sorry Steve that this child is harassing you. Best to block him everywhere you can
Let's get back on topic here guys before all the posts end up full of profanity
Thanks guys! :good:
Gotta love the voice of reason here on XDA. Thanks for doing what's right.

Now lets discuss Steve and that Recognized Developer tag he so deserves :)

DrKaotica

Feb 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just dropping in to show some support for Steve and his work. He's built a great group of people (across multiple devices, mind you) that embody what XDA is all about, community and helping each other get the most out of our devices.

I for one will be holding out to join back up with him when he gets his next device.

Sent from my d2lte using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.