mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Introduction/About

This is just stock ww 6.5.27 deodexed rom, packed as ext4 system.img meant to be flash via fastboot, nothing fancy here.

Features:

• Based on stock ww 6.5.27.
  • Deodexed.
  • Zipaligned.
  • Init.d sysinit.
  • Zipalign and sqlite init.d script added.
  • Dalvik optimization in build.prop.
  • Busybox 1.22.0 applet installed in /system/xbin.
  • Adblocking hosts file.
  • Xposed framework fix. Can install/update xposed without bootloop/stuck on booting.
  • Accessing sdcard fix for thirdparty apps. Can read/write/modify data on sdcard.
  • Updated asus standalone app from playstore ie camera, calendar, messaging etc.
  • Debloated by removing app that can be install from playstore eg gmail, youtube, google plus, google music, google book, google magazine, google game, google hangouts, omlet chat etc. If u want them u can just install from playstore.
  • Probably other things i forgot to list here...

What Works:

Everything in stock rom should work.

Bugs:

• Fc after first boot, just turn off/reboot again and everything should be fine.

Installation Instructions:

1. U need to already have updated to 6.5.27 stock rom either full flash or update ota.
  2. Because zenfone 4 got no custom recovery yet so this is meant to be flash from pc/laptop so u need to have pc/laptop.
  3. Backup your data eg contact, sms, calendar, photos etc.
  4. U need to install Intel android driver.
  5. U need to have adb and fastboot tool, can download from my link below. Just extract the archive, ADB_FASTBOOT.7z somehere in root of drive eg in C or D.
  6. Extract the rom, u will get system.img around 1gb in size. Put it in the same folder as adb and fastboot above.
  7. Boot phone into droidboot mode by pressing volume up+power button together.
  8. Connect phone via usb cable.
  9. Open the adb and fastboot tool folder and double click on OPEN.CMD. Windows terminal will open.
  10. Type in the terminal to erase cache
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    and press enter.
  11. Type in the terminal to erase data
    Code:
    fastboot erase data
    and press enter.
  12. Type in the terminal to erase system
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    and press enter.
  13. Now to flash system, type in the terminal
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    and press enter. Flashing system would take around 10minutes.
  14. After success flash system, if u want root need to flash supersu. Download and put ASUS_ZENFONE_ROOT.zip in the adb and fastboot folder and type in terminal
    Code:
    fastboot flash update ASUS_ZENFONE_ROOT.zip
    and press enter. Phone will reboot automatically and will flash the root zip, then it will reboot again into system. First boot would take longer to generate dalvik etc.

Download:

Thanks To/Credits:

• God
  • Linus Torvalds and whole linux kernel team and contributors.
  • Google
  • Asus.
  • shakalaca
  • and many, many other people whose their tool/app/guide i've used to make this...

Last edited:

Daszz

Jun 12, 2013
Mumbai
Thank you for this rom but i have hard bricked my phone flashing this rom would get to normal :crying::confused:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
what did u do anyway?
if u follow the instruction it should boot, and even its not booting then can always reflash to stock rom. this rom will only modify system partition.
boot, recovery, fastboot and all other partition wont be touched and can always recover back to stock rom.

syaeful

Jul 31, 2013
Purbalingga

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-16-05-23-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-16-05-23-23.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 7,548

jahlee

Dec 4, 2011
another dimension
Google Pixel 3
This was great..been for a while finding exploit for rooting this phone on kitkat..your deodexed one was great..nice job...hope this phone community will grow big...

Cheers.

Bro..where's link..I'm sutfing on xda app..
Nvm..opnened in browser..

Just downloaded root things..tomorrow will try this deodex..

Greet from Malaysia

Last edited:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
actually i'm not really into roms, more into kernels. thats why the rom is just deodex and few changes only, no new added features. hated smali editing.

been waiting far too long for asus to unlock zenfone 4 bootloader so that i could compile kernel myself.

Reactions: ong14

ong14

Sep 2, 2007
POCO M3
actually i'm not really into roms, more into kernels. thats why the rom is just deodex and few changes only, no new added features. hated smali editing.

been waiting far too long for asus to unlock zenfone 4 bootloader so that i could compile kernel myself.

Thank you for your contributing in zf4.
I have one question;
How can I revert back to stock firmware?
Can I flash a full stock f/w directly via droid boot menu [sd download]?

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Not sure about sd download option in droidboot, never use it before but what i always did to get to full stock is by downloading full rom zip from asus server, extract it to get another zip, copy it into internal memory via usb cable and when removing usb cable will get notification to update.

Reactions: ong14

ong14

Sep 2, 2007
POCO M3
Not sure about sd download option in droidboot, never use it before but what i always did to get to full stock is by downloading full rom zip from asus server, extract it to get another zip, copy it into internal memory via usb cable and when removing usb cable will get notification to update.

Thank you for quick reply.
I'll try your mod tomorrow. (My zf4 have 2 batteries of 1200mAh, and still charging one of them.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction/About

This is just stock ww 6.5.27 deodexed rom, packed as ext4 system.img meant to be flash via fastboot, nothing fancy here.

Features:

• Based on stock ww 6.5.27.
    • Deodexed.
    • Zipaligned.
    • Init.d sysinit.
    • Zipalign and sqlite init.d script added.
    • Dalvik optimization in build.prop.
    • Busybox 1.22.0 applet installed in /system/xbin.
    • Adblocking hosts file.
    • Xposed framework fix. Can install/update xposed without bootloop/stuck on booting.
    • Accessing sdcard fix for thirdparty apps. Can read/write/modify data on sdcard.
    • Updated asus standalone app from playstore ie camera, calendar, messaging etc.
    • Debloated by removing app that can be install from playstore eg gmail, youtube, google plus, google music, google book, google magazine, google game, google hangouts, omlet chat etc. If u want them u can just install from playstore.
    • Probably other things i forgot to list here...

What Works:

Everything in stock rom should work.

Bugs:

• Fc after first boot, just turn off/reboot again and everything should be fine.

Installation Instructions:

1. U need to already have updated to 6.5.27 stock rom either full flash or update ota.
    2. Because zenfone 4 got no custom recovery yet so this is meant to be flash from pc/laptop so u need to have pc/laptop.
    3. Backup your data eg contact, sms, calendar, photos etc.
    4. U need to install Intel android driver.
    5. U need to have adb and fastboot tool, can download from my link below. Just extract the archive, ADB_FASTBOOT.7z somehere in root of drive eg in C or D.
    6. Extract the rom, u will get system.img around 1gb in size. Put it in the same folder as adb and fastboot above.
    7. Boot phone into droidboot mode by pressing volume up+power button together.
    8. Connect phone via usb cable.
    9. Open the adb and fastboot tool folder and double click on OPEN.CMD. Windows terminal will open.
    10. Type in the terminal to erase cache
      Code:
      fastboot erase cache
      and press enter.
    11. Type in the terminal to erase data
      Code:
      fastboot erase data
      and press enter.
    12. Type in the terminal to erase system
      Code:
      fastboot erase system
      and press enter.
    13. Now to flash system, type in the terminal
      Code:
      fastboot flash system system.img
      and press enter. Flashing system would take around 10minutes.
    14. After success flash system, if u want root need to flash supersu. Download and put ASUS_ZENFONE_ROOT.zip in the adb and fastboot folder and type in terminal
      Code:
      fastboot flash update ASUS_ZENFONE_ROOT.zip
      and press enter. Phone will reboot automatically and will flash the root zip, then it will reboot again into system. First boot would take longer to generate dalvik etc.

Download:

Thanks To/Credits:

• God
    • Linus Torvalds and whole linux kernel team and contributors.
    • Google
    • Asus.
    • shakalaca
    • and many, many other people whose their tool/app/guide i've used to make this...
    anyone wanna root the newly released kk update can root using the root zip in first post ;)