[ROM] [UPDATED13/6/14] [OFFICIAL] Miui Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
I cannot say anything if u don't want to flash supersu via recovery.
If u want root flash it if u r fine without root don't flash it.

Maybe ask miui developers why internal root access malfunctions when you flash a custom recovery
Or ask devs to officially support miui.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Miui internal root DOES NOT malfunction when I flash a custom recovery, or when I flash certain
custom kernels such as ElementalX.

You offered to test some of kernel mods and asked to report results. That's just what I've done, just signalling that Code_blue kernel is breaking Miui internal root.

Thank you again for offering the community to test alternative kernels

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MaybeTheWorst

Dec 10, 2013
Catania
got 70% of battery left, 2 hours of screen and 5 hours total. Im happy, using UBER kernel!

Franco kernel wont work becuz it uses it own ramdisk, UBER, elemental edits the current Ramdisk on the fly!

what's your configuration? I know that is impossible obtain the same result but its a good way to start :p

Aly007

May 31, 2011
Ok, I think I have one last question before I proceed to install MIUI.

Let's say I make two backups, one with [x] System [x] Data [x] Boot checked, in case flashing of this ROM fail and one with [x]Data [x] Boot checked in case it worked.
If it's working and I'm able to install it and restore the second one, will my apps and apps settings, game progress, music, photos from the current setup WORK on MIUI ?

Last edited:

Stanlehh

Apr 28, 2011
Miui internal root DOES NOT malfunction when I flash a custom recovery, or when I flash certain
custom kernels such as ElementalX.

You offered to test some of kernel mods and asked to report results. That's just what I've done, just signalling that Code_blue kernel is breaking Miui internal root.

Thank you again for offering the community to test alternative kernels

how do you tell if MIUI internal root is broken?

I'm on Franco R52 atm, when I installed BBS, it doesn't ask for root permissions but it's working fine.

Greenify isn't asking for root permissions either.

I downloaded root checker via the play store and it didn't request for any root permissions either and says my device is rooted.

I then tried to download superSU from play store and run root checker and it did ask for prompt regarding root permissions before verifying it's rooted

So is my internal MIUI root manager working even without SuperSU? Puzzled due to lack of prompt regarding the permissions, hope someone can help answer my questions, thanks.

Last edited:

DynamicRam

Apr 14, 2010
how do you tell if MIUI internal root is broken?

I'm on Franco R52 atm, when I installed BBS, it doesn't ask for root permissions but it's working fine.

Greenify isn't asking for root permissions either.

I downloaded root checker via the play store and it didn't request for any root permissions either and says my device is rooted.

I then tried to download superSU from play store and run root checker and it did ask for prompt regarding root permissions before verifying it's rooted

So is my internal MIUI root manager working even without SuperSU? Puzzled due to lack of prompt regarding the permissions, hope someone can help answer my questions, thanks.

If you checked "i trust this app" in the installer the app will be granted root permissions
To check the apps that requested root permission go to the security app then permissions

Stanlehh

Apr 28, 2011
If you checked "i trust this app" in the installer the app will be granted root permissions
To check the apps that requested root permission go to the security app then permissions

e.g bbs and greenify, i didn't select "i trust this app" during installer, by default it doesn't ask for root permissions

however once i install SuperSU from play store and start the app again, then it asks for root permissions like how it does usually, that's why I'm figuring out if there's anything wrong.

or it's better to just use SuperSU?

yooouuri

Sep 6, 2012
Eindhoven
what's your configuration? I know that is impossible obtain the same result but its a good way to start :p

I just installed the Multi-language rom and UBER kernel (UBER-Hammerhead-Linaro-4.10.0-FrancoSound-05-31-2014). I changed nothing else.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

What UBER kernel is the best for miui? "Linaro 4.9.1/4.10.0 Nightlies""SaberMod 4.8.3-4.10.0 Nightlies""SaberMod 4.8.3 NO CPU or GPU OC Stable "

I use: UBER-Hammerhead-Linaro-4.10.0-FrancoSound-05-31-2014

Great battery life, and its smooth

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
MIUI + All-F2FS + ART?

Hey guys,

I have successfully converted all partitions to F2FS, now I'm trying to enable ART but dex2oat is crashing. I tried a few options to dex2oat to get it to work with the same result: nothing works.

Did anyone successfully enable ART with F2FS? When I still had the leaked version installed, I was able to enable libart with no problems.

Thanks in Advance

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
LG G7 ThinQ
Google Pixel 4 XL
pahuhevy.jpg

4 hours screen on time out of this cycle.
Wi-Fi stops the battery from draining so fast on MIUI, where as data would drain fast.

xtachix

Sep 2, 2012
Thank You! But what if it is not flashing. Just stay in flashing for long time and nothing happend? How many times needs for flash this rom? Another rom flashed short time. I tried in TWRP and PhilZ recovery too...

it stays in flashing for a long time yes, and doesnt even show the progress
but that's all in the script

let it flash, give it a good 10-15 mins. odd but that's what happened with me

at the end it should just say flash completed result (/system)
successful
or something along those lines
best of luck :)

pablo2121

Jan 2, 2013
You got to enable root permissions under the security app in miui

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401632660637.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401632660637.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 401
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Report any bugs here :

http://en.miui.com/thread-20095-1-1.html

Download Miui here :
    Mod edit: Removed.
    Download the recommended gapps here :

Banks Minimal Gapps

Flashing Miui Rom

Download Miui rom

1. Copy the Downloaded rom onto the Internal Sdcard
    2. Enter Recovery ( You must have CWM or TWRP )
    3. Select [wipe data / factory reset] → [YES]
    4. Select [wipe cache partition] → [YES ]
    5. Select [advanced] → [wipe Dalvik Cache] → [ YES ] → Back
    6. Select [install zip from sdcard0] → [choose zip from sdcard] → [X.X.X.zip] → [YES]
    7. Wait until flashing will finish then reboot phone

Would like to thank

1. Miui Development Team
    2. Banks for his Gapps
    3. LG for there kernel
    ok after testing with all recovery here are the instruction to follow to boot up fine

Philz recovery

• factory data reset
    • wipe cache
    • adavanced-wipe dalvik cache
    • select zip to install-MIUI4.5.30
    • it wont show any progress bar and at the end give you status 7 error just ignore and Reboot
    WARNING:Apart from it the installation it overwrite the recovery to stock on its own while flashing with philz , so u need to flash custom recovery again via fastboot or flashify.
    If in case you get a android logo with red mark while booting to recovery just press vol up,down power at the same time and it will load u stock recovery so don't worry just re install custom recovery.

TWRP official

• go to wipe
    • advanced wipe
    • select cache,data,dalvik,system
    • go to mount uncheck-system mount (most important step)
    • selct zip to flash
    • error shown Failed
    • just reboot!Done

Multirom Twrp

• well I tried best way possible but could not boot up if someone can try to just check that after wipe if system is mounted as forgot to check that so maybe it will boot up on internal if not it gets stuck on google logo and boot back to recovery, and trying it on external fails completely saying No OS installed.
    edited: TWRP multirom works too as reported by @Pretoriano80 just be sure to unmount system in mount option after wipe.

Note: after first successful boot flash bank gapps minimal and super su for easy permission granting though permission can be managed from internal security app but I prefer supersu.
    http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2//5-22_GApps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491966639
    http://download.chainfire.eu/446/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip

Enjoy the latest MIUI on your Nexus5
    :good:
    So, this won't be a bug report or anything like that, but here's a quick rundown of what I think of this ROM and whether or not you should use it right now.

To start with, aesthetics; let's be honest, MIUI has always been gorgeous and this most certainly continues the trend. The animations, the sounds, the blurring effects, the rounded corners, the really pleasant button textures, all of it comes together to make a really, really damn good looking skin. In this build, everything is totally fluid and natural and I have no complaints about it. It's just really, really nice to move around in this ROM.

Functionality is a bit more bleak; stuff works. Mostly. The critical stuff seems to be fine, but there are a few weird ends here and there (like the Video player dying). Don't get me wrong, for a first public release, it is ridiculously stable.

And this is the part where I have to unfortunately throw some pretty heavy criticism at MIUI; the polish and finesse. If you are from any Western or English speaking country, MIUI will be an utter pain for you to move around. It feels like almost every single app that you touch has some hard-coded Chinese-based sync/cloud/other service built in to it, and although you can skip most of it, it's always there. For instance, it's really irritating for there to be a proprietary cloud storage tab in the File Manager that you can't get rid of. Also it constantly pushes you to make a Xiaomi account, during the main setup, when you open the ringtone chooser, when you want to browse your music, when you want to open up your messaging app, and so on and so forth.

Make no mistake about it, MIUI is a Chinese ROM built for a country that does not in any shape or form rely on Google Services. This is basically the same as what Amazon does with the Kindle Fire OS; it's technically Android and can technically be used with Google, but it'll never feel like it was meant to use Google. Additionally, and infuriatingly, there is a hard-coded Menu button that you simply can't get rid of, period.

Then we get to the language barrier, something that MIUI has consistently been notorious about. There are some phrases in some of the menus that are ridiculously badly translated, and there's a ton of the OS that they simply just did not bother to translate at all. The theme engine for instance is almost entirely in Chinese, leaving you to guess what's what. The T9 dialer permanently and irreversibly uses Pinyin T9 lookup meaning every time you start dialing out your numbers, you'll be searching through an entire database of Chinese numbers. Other issues include things like the Music app not being fully translated, and off-balance text-to-button ratios (owing to the fact the buttons were designed for Chinese and not latin based language text), and so on.

Basically, MIUI in its current state is literally death by a thousand paper cuts. It's smooth, gorgeous, and extremely well thought-out, but the amateur-hour translations paired with the ridiculously intrusive service prompts make it currently not worth using full-time if you're used to the quality of current AOSP-based Google Android ROMs.

Just my two cents, keeping in mind that I've had a soft-spot for Android since Miui V3. Please don't take any mortal offense to it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone