[Rom][US_Carriers_Pie_DUJ1_S8+/S8_U/U1/W][Non-Rooted_SafeStrap _Method]

Search This thread

iamnotexisting

Aug 23, 2017
Portland, OR
can someone please tell me, how I can activate my hardkeys again? none of them are working after I installed stuff via safestrap :/

Edit: my generic.kl is empty and I can't change permissions...
You installed the broken Xposed Edge.zip. Go back through my posts here and I posted a Bixby Assistant.zip. Flash that, it fixes the generic.kl file.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

@xdanilva created the zip file if i am not mistaken.
No, xdanilva made the Xposed Edge one. That one is one I made.

wtfcr0w

Jan 22, 2012
This is my favorite ROM my far so thank you for all your hard work. Im on S8. Very smooth performance, great battery life and Dex runs very smooth. The only thing that is a bit frustrating is the Bluetooth issue. I have about 5 or 6 devices I connect to daily, including a smartwatch and to constantly have to re-pair is a pain. Also, it doesn't take a reboot to lose pairing. Each time I start my car I have to retype the pairing code. There isn't anyway to fix this on CRC5 yet, is there?

FatalONEM8

Feb 7, 2016
Chester, VT
This is my favorite ROM my far so thank you for all your hard work. Im on S8. Very smooth performance, great battery life and Dex runs very smooth. The only thing that is a bit frustrating is the Bluetooth issue. I have about 5 or 6 devices I connect to daily, including a smartwatch and to constantly have to re-pair is a pain. Also, it doesn't take a reboot to lose pairing. Each time I start my car I have to retype the pairing code. There isn't anyway to fix this on CRC5 yet, is there?
I think if you flash the CRD6 beta it should be fine according to what other users have said here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gq3856

Jan 7, 2011
new york
Any way to fix this for us S8 guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S8+ Uses If You Do Not Have Safestrap Installed And Are On Any Version Bootloader Through Latest V8 Bootloader Follow These Direction

Instructions For Installing Pie Roms

Please Note This Is Not A Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. As Of Now There Is Still No Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. This Takes Some Patience To Install
    S8+ SM-G955U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

Download

G955USQU8DUJ1_SAFESTRAP.7z Latest V8 Build!

Google_Pixel_Experience_Pie_8_Seriers.zip

Flash after you flash the system image above with a data wipe
    After setup you need to set google dialer as default call app

New Install Instructions Safestrap Method

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

1. If on V7 or earlier bootloaders before starting the process reboot to download and flash the BL_G955USQU8DTI3_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP.tar.md5 then reboot this will put you on V8 bootloaders before starting

Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your internal sdcard. Reboot to safestrap In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select internal storage click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swipe to flash. You can flash any mod zips at this time after you flash system image. Then in wipe tab chose wipe then advance wipe then wipe data

3. You can flash any mod zips at this time

4. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader so choose reboot as soon as phone powers off hold buttons to boot too download mode

5. In odin load BL_G95*USQU5****tar.md5 in BL slot and flash

New Instructions To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Intitial Install

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V*.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

2. To leave safestrap reboot to download from safestrap reboot menu

3. Use modded Odin and load BL_G95*_********.tar.md5 In BL Slot

If using google rom you must goto settings/apps/default apps and set google dialer to default calling app

Stock Rom Feature:

Debloated
    SafeStrap Recovery PreLoaded
    Safetynet Passes
    Samsung Pay,Pass,Secure Folder Working
    Samsung Cloud Enabled
    Places Tab Enabled Verizon
    Spam Caller Id Enabled Verizon
    Call Recording Enabled Verizon
    Native Status Bar Speed Meter Enabled Verizon
    Custom Boot Animation
    Native Hotspot Enabled
    Multi User Support

Google Rom Feature:

Google Go Apps (Download GoogleGoApps.zip extract zip and install what you want like normal apks)
    SafeStrap Recovery PreLoaded
    Debloated All Samsung Apps Removed Except Those Needed For Integrity And Samsung Launcher for Dual Window Support Rootless Pixel Launcher Can Be Installed From PlayStore
    Only Preloaded Google Apps Installed Are Google Dialer And Camera All Others Can Be Downloaded From Play Store
    Safetynet Passes
    Samsung Pay,Pass,Secure Folder Working If You Want To Use Them
    Native Status Bar Speed Meter Enabled Verizon
    Native Hotspot Enabled
    Custom Boot Animation
    Multi User Support

Helpful Key Combos

Recovery Mode
    Bixby + Volume Up + Power @ Same time

Download Mode
    Bixby + Volume Down + Power @ Same time

Safe Mode
    Phone Powered Off
    Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
    When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
    Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

Maintenance Mode
    Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons for approximately 10

Bugs:

DO NOT USE ENCRYPTION
    Safestrap is still beta so there are some bugs
    All reboot options in safestrap only reboot the phone.
    Safestrap might not read larger than 64gig sd cards on some cards
    Formating data in safestrap may cause reboot so make sure to format data very last thing

What Is Safestrap

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. Safestrap is now based on TWRP Recovery (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here.
    Screenshot_2018-06-17-20-19-30.pngScreenshot_2018-06-17-20-19-37.pngScreenshot_2018-06-17-20-19-52.pngScreenshot_2018-06-17-20-20-00.pngScreenshot_2018-06-17-20-20-14.pngScreenshot_2018-06-17-20-20-23.png

Credits:
    - @Raymonf for modified odin
    - @afaneh92 for safestrap Main Thread Here Consider a donation to him he worked along time on this Donation Link
    - @me2151 for finding this method
    - @tytydraco for some instructions
    - @mweinbach for some instructions
    - @Craz Basics for xposed on non rooted
    - @partcyborg for finding the root method!
    - @elliwigy for being great help and original S8 root
    - @rayan-refoua for boot animation
    - @SamGuy2020 for testing S8 install method
    S8 SM-G950U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files Found
    In Post Count 3

Older Downloads With Old Install Instructions And Files

Older V5 Downloads
    SM_G955U_DSE5_SYSTEM.rar Last Build V5 Bootloader!
    Older Oreo Downloads

Old Install Instructions Safestrap Method

If you are not already on safestrap system follow the Alternate Samfail Install Instructions then return to step 2​
    1. Copy CS**_SYSTEM.img to your external sdcard. Reboot to download mode and in BL slot in Odin flash Use The BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V*.tar.md5 and reboot to safestrap
    2. In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select micro sdcard click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swype to flash
    3. If on an old version of safestrap then it will be necessarry to flash system image again. Reboot safestrap. When booted back to safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select micro sdcard click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swype to flash. If your Safestrap has red emblem you are on newest safestrap and can skip this step and goto step 4
    If you want to install SM_955_U_Mods_Safe_OTA_PIE.zip or SM_G955_U_Google_Style_PIE_OTA_Friendly.zip Install this zip now in safestrap and skip below steps and goto Enter Exit Safestrap Instructions and follow the Instructions to leave safestrap

4. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader so choose reboot as soon as phone powers off hold buttons to boot too download mode
    5. In odin load BL_DELETE_CACHE_G95*_V*_BL.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash
    6. Phone will reboot to recovery it will try and process update then on blue screen you get an Error(Click For Pic) and recovery will start rebooting let recovery bootloop once then force back to download mode and goto step 10
    If on blue screen you get the No Command(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title on the blue screen then let phone bootloop a couple of times until you get that error. If after several bootloops still no error force a reboot of phone and let it try again. If still after several attempts reboot to download mode and In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V*.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash. Phone reboot to stock recovery there wipe cache and reboot back to bootloader from recovery and go back and start again from step 8 You cannot move on until you get that error screen

7. Ok once you have the error and phone bootlooped after the error and you forced rebooted to download. In odin load BL_G95*USQU5CS**tar.md5 in BL slot and HOME_CSC_OYN_G95*U*****tar.md5 in CSC slot and flash
    8. Phone will reboot to recovery and process cache then your ready to flash an OTA update zip in stock recovery. If you get an Error(Click For Pic) in stock recovery and phone does not automatically reboot at this point wait until recovery options come up and wipe cache in stock recovery reboot from recovery to bootloaders and repeat step 7.
    9. It should then process csc fine this time and from recovery phone should reboot automatically. If for some reason this still fails start from Step 5 again.

Old Instructions To Enter And Exit Safestrap

ON THESE STEPS ONLY FLASH FILES FOUND IN THE ENTER_EXIT_SAFESTRAP FOLDER
    1. Before leaving Safestrap wipe cache and dalvik cache then leave safestrap and put phone in download mode. From the ENTER_EXIT_SAFESTRAP folder flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V*.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin
    2. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader
    3. Use modded Odin and load BL_DELETE_CACHE_G95*_V*_BL.tar.md5 In BL Slot and flash
    4. Phone will reboot to recovery it will try and process update then on blue screen you get an Error(Click For Pic) and recovery will start rebooting let recovery bootloop once then force back to download mode and goto step 5
    If on blue screen you get the No Command(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title on the blue screen then let phone bootloop and force back to download

mode and In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V*.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash. Phone reboot to stock recovery there wipe cache and reboot back to bootloader from recovery and goback and start again from step 3

5. Flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V*.tar[.md5/COLOR] in odin phone will reboot to recovery
    6. In recovery wipe cache then from recovery reboot to bootloader
    7. Use modded Odin and load BL_G95*_CS**_V*.tar.md5 In BL Slot, AP_CR**.tar(This is the file you will get from the OTA_Update_Zips) in AP Slot and flash (Or file you created from update zip or leave AP slot blank if you didn't update via OTA
    8. As soon as phone powers off force reboot to recovery. If you get an Error(Click For Pic) in stock recovery instead of No Command(Click For Pic) and phone says dm verity failed reboot from recovery to bootloaders and start on step 3 in To Enter And Exit Safestrap
    9. If you get the No Command(Click For Pic) and it says successfully verified dmverity hashtree(It may not say this until you click reboot system) (Click For Pic)
    Wipe cache in recovery then reboot and you are done unless below statement refers to you then follow then skip cache wipe and reboot and follow below.
    If you came to these instructions because you were directed to do so during install because you installed SM_955_U_Mods_Safe_OTA_PIE.zip during initial install then you will need to flash the BL_G95*USQS5****tar.md5 found in the Samfail Install Files folder so in recovery click reboot bootloader and in odin BL slot flash BL_G95*USQS5****tar.md5. This file only needs to be flashed once so next time you leave safestrap you can skip this and stop at above step

SafeStrap Flashable Zips
    SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_PIE.zip

View attachment Adaway_Blocking_No_Root_Pie.zip
    Install zip in safestrap
    boot phone back up to system
    you will have 2 apps in your apps drawer Host Adblocking and Stock Adblocking
    too enable adblocking run the Host Adblocking app it may require rebooting phone to work
    too disable adblocking run Stock Adblocking this probably will not require a reboot
    what this does is move the system/etc/hosts file to the internal storage of your phone then I symliink the one in the internal storage to the system/etc/host file this way the file can be changed back and forth . If you would wipe data in stock recovery however you would need to reflash the zip in safetrap as a data wipe would delete the host file since it is now located on internal storage

Extreme Aroma based debloater for S8/S7/S9 devices by OrelMadK
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/themes/4-2-18-extreme-aroma-based-debloater-s8-t3744608
    This aroma debloater probably one of the best I have seen by @orelta

Dual Speaker Mod

Remove FRP Protection Safestrap Flashable Zip
    View attachment SS_Remove_FRP.zip
    Directions For FRP

So if your stuck and dont know google account info Do the samfail process when all done flash file to enter safestrap once in safestrap mount and unmount system then flash SS_Remove_FRP zip then follow direction to leave safestrap. After your phone reboots from recovery the last time force phone back to recovery wait until options come up and wipe data and you can now enter new google account in setup or skip

Uninstall Apps Using ADB

Enable Developer Options in settings goto system/about/software tap build info like 7 times
    In devlopers options enable USB debugging and make sure to accept prompt on phone to allow debugging
    In adb command type

adb shell pm list packages -f > Installed_Packages.txt
    this will give you a list

then too delete type
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.the.name.of.package

Helpful Ones
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
    This will disable OTA on Verizon

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
    This will disable OTA on Verizon

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.securitylogagent
    This will disable Security Log Agent
    Deleting apps like this will not affect ota's

adb shell cmd package install-existing com.the.name.of.package
    This will reinstall packages you uninstalled from above method
    Credits
    - @SamGuy2020 For Dual Speaker Mod
    - @FatalONEM8 For ATT CSC Edits
    - @ImbaWind For Dolby Atmos Mod
    - @rovo89 for xposed Main xposed thread
    - @IDan1109 base of debloat script
    - @EmperorEye for some build.prop tweaks script
    - @xdanilva for xposed edge
    I would like to say thank you to all the people that donated money to me in 2018. What I did was save the money over the year which added up to be a little over 200 dollars. I took that money and order 30 pizzas and had them delivered to my local homeless shelter. So thank you for allowing me too help out some people in need

Sent using some kind of device I modified
    I have never been able to get this guys stuff to boot. I think this is at least the fourth time I tried over the past year. Then again he cant even spell "reset" correctly, intertwines download mode and recovery.... soooo yeah.
    Well spelling is not my strong point. Between my roms I have thousands of downloads so I guess all those thousands of people never got my rom to install so my suggestion to you is use someone else's rom or stay stock that will save you alot of problems.