[Rom][US_Carriers_Pie_G950USQS8DUJ1/U1/W][Non-Rooted_SafeStrap _Method]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Instructions For Installing Pie Roms

Please Note This Is Not A Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. As Of Now There Is Still No Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. This Takes Some Patience To Install
S8 SM-G950U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files
If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

Download
G950USQU8DUJ1_SAFESTRAP.7z

Google_Pixel_Experience_Pie_8_Seriers.zip
Flash after you flash the system image above with a data wipe
After setup you need to set google dialer as default call app

Install Instructions Safestrap Method New Install Or Base Update

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

You Must have safestrap installed to get safestrap follow the guide located below
Root And Safestrap For S8 Up To V7 Bootloaders

1. If on V7 or lower bootloaders before starting the process. If on V7 or lower Pie rom reboot to download and flash the BL_G950USQU8DTI3_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP.tar.md5 then reboot this will put you on V8 bootloaders before starting

Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your internal sdcard. Reboot to safestrap In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select internal storage click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swipe to flash. You can flash any mod zips at this time after you flash system image. Then in wipe tab chose wipe then advance wipe then wipe data

3. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download from reboot tab.

4. In odin load BL_G950USQS7DTA6.tar.md5 in BL slot and HOME_CSC_OYN_G950U_CACHE.tar.md5 in CSC slot flash phone will reboot to recovery and wipe cache then reboot

Instructions To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Initial Install. To Flash A Zip And Etc.

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENTER_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

2. To leave safestrap reboot to download from safestrap reboot menu

3. Use modded Odin and load BL_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 In BL Slot

Stock Rom Feature:

Debloated
SafeStrap Recovery PreLoaded
Safetynet Passes
Samsung Pay,Pass,Secure Folder Working
Native Hotspot Enabled
Multi User Support
CSC Files Decrypted
S8 SM-G955U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files Found
HERE

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Safestrap Flashable Mod Zips
SM_950_Mods_Safestrap_PIE.zip

View attachment Adaway_Blocking_No_Root_Pie.zip
Install zip in safestrap
boot phone back up to system
you will have 2 apps in your apps drawer Host Adblocking and Stock Adblocking
too enable adblocking run the Host Adblocking app it may require rebooting phone to work
too disable adblocking run Stock Adblocking this probably will not require a reboot
what this does is move the system/etc/hosts file to the internal storage of your phone then I symliink the one in the internal storage to the system/etc/host file this way the file can be changed back and forth . If you would wipe data in stock recovery however you would need to reflash the zip in safetrap as a data wipe would delete the host file since it is now located on internal storage

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
What is this method for axactly?

Even though system cannot be rooted you still have safestrap recovery which is basically twrp recovery for locked bootloaders. So with safestrap you can still flash zips. Make backups delete or modify system apps or data and good thing is Samsung apps still work as well as safetynet passes

Sent from some device I modified

Reactions: kjaved373
Even though system cannot be rooted you still have safestrap recovery which is basically twrp recovery for locked bootloaders. So with safestrap you can still flash zips. Make backups delete or modify system apps or data and good thing is Samsung apps still work as well as safetynet passes

And for fixing a corrupted efs partition. Thank you for bringing my S8 back to life!

Reactions: johnmaster

itux420

Dec 20, 2013
Denver
Hi. So I apologize for any questions that may seem glaringly obvious to y'all but I have been away from the Android world of rooting for a number of years and A LOT has changed. Instead of doing one massive post, I'm going to ask one question at a time because I'm assuming that the answer to one question will also fill in the blanks to other questions....

How do I determine what version of bootloader my S8+ (DTA6 build) is running?

My ultimate goal is to get root. I do not care if I have to use an outdated ROM (in this case, Nougat, from what I can gather).

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions For Installing Pie Roms

Please Note This Is Not A Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. As Of Now There Is Still No Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. This Takes Some Patience To Install
    S8 SM-G950U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

Download
    G950USQU8DUJ1_SAFESTRAP.7z

Google_Pixel_Experience_Pie_8_Seriers.zip
    Flash after you flash the system image above with a data wipe
    After setup you need to set google dialer as default call app

Install Instructions Safestrap Method New Install Or Base Update

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

You Must have safestrap installed to get safestrap follow the guide located below
    Root And Safestrap For S8 Up To V7 Bootloaders

1. If on V7 or lower bootloaders before starting the process. If on V7 or lower Pie rom reboot to download and flash the BL_G950USQU8DTI3_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP.tar.md5 then reboot this will put you on V8 bootloaders before starting

Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your internal sdcard. Reboot to safestrap In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select internal storage click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swipe to flash. You can flash any mod zips at this time after you flash system image. Then in wipe tab chose wipe then advance wipe then wipe data

3. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download from reboot tab.

4. In odin load BL_G950USQS7DTA6.tar.md5 in BL slot and HOME_CSC_OYN_G950U_CACHE.tar.md5 in CSC slot flash phone will reboot to recovery and wipe cache then reboot

Instructions To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Initial Install. To Flash A Zip And Etc.

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENTER_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

2. To leave safestrap reboot to download from safestrap reboot menu

3. Use modded Odin and load BL_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 In BL Slot

Stock Rom Feature:

Debloated
    SafeStrap Recovery PreLoaded
    Safetynet Passes
    Samsung Pay,Pass,Secure Folder Working
    Native Hotspot Enabled
    Multi User Support
    CSC Files Decrypted
    S8 SM-G955U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files Found
    HERE
    Safestrap Flashable Mod Zips
    SM_950_Mods_Safestrap_PIE.zip

View attachment Adaway_Blocking_No_Root_Pie.zip
    Install zip in safestrap
    boot phone back up to system
    you will have 2 apps in your apps drawer Host Adblocking and Stock Adblocking
    too enable adblocking run the Host Adblocking app it may require rebooting phone to work
    too disable adblocking run Stock Adblocking this probably will not require a reboot
    what this does is move the system/etc/hosts file to the internal storage of your phone then I symliink the one in the internal storage to the system/etc/host file this way the file can be changed back and forth . If you would wipe data in stock recovery however you would need to reflash the zip in safetrap as a data wipe would delete the host file since it is now located on internal storage
    Updated the OP to DTB3 build
    Also added a new pixel experience in the OP
    Thank you understood!
    Safestrap.rar file sounded like just the Recovery.. just after began download realised its the rom.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    2nd Step started with 'Copy ***_system.img' so didn't get the preview.
    If it included 'extract' or 'extract
    G950USQS7DTA6_SAFESTRAP.rar' would have been easy.

I need too redo the instructions one of these days

Out of curiosity, what do you gain by flashing one of these bootstrap ROMs, versus just using Android 10? Is it just for some simple firmware-level stuff like backups, since there's no root?

Full access to entire system I would say thats pretty important too some

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk