[Rom][US_Carriers_Pie_G950USQS8DUJ1/U1/W][Non-Rooted_SafeStrap _Method]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Dude, thanks so much for your work. As far as I know you are the only person still pushing out roms for the snapdragon phone. I am loving the Pixel experience. With the massive restrictions on this device you have achieved the most customization. I dont know if you still own a G955U but I have two since i bricked one. I have tried everything to fix it and just cant do it. I dont have any money for a medusabox or a soldering iron to make a jig to get it into EDL mode and fix it, but if you want to take a stab at it the phone is all yours. Its got some small cracks on the front (less cracked then the working s8+ im using now). This thread is the exact screen I get with it except it does not show up in device manager as what the op's does mine just says samsung composite device. If you want it I can ship it, if you dont can I pick your brain to see if I can get it working. Its much less cracked than my current phone.

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8+/help/samsung-s8-sm-g955uzkatmb-boot-error-t3726832

You don’t need and soldering or jigs you just simply take phone apart and jump the test points with a wire. It does require removing mother board and a heat shield as points are underneath if I recall but other than the screwdriver too take phone apart and a jumper wire which I just electrical tweezers to do the jumping no special stuff is required. There are schematics on easyfirmware that maybe helpful also some pics floating around that may help. I don’t mess with the phones taking them apart anymore my eye sight just isn’t good enough for me to mess with circuit boards so I pay someone too do them now if I screw them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrNegative370
You don’t need and soldering or jigs you just simply take phone apart and jump the test points with a wire. It does require removing mother board and a heat shield as points are underneath if I recall but other than the screwdriver too take phone apart and a jumper wire which I just electrical tweezers to do the jumping no special stuff is required. There are schematics on easyfirmware that maybe helpful also some pics floating around that may help. I don’t mess with the phones taking them apart anymore my eye sight just isn’t good enough for me to mess with circuit boards so I pay someone too do them now if I screw them up

Glad I asked you, I use to work in phone repair so Ill start taking it apart and check out easyfirmware for the location of the test points. I was lucky enough to come across an EDL recovery script for the exact model because I do not have to learn the Qualcomm program and figure out the software end of this. Given the script works that is. Once again, much appreciate everything you do here I am exploring your pixel mod now and I am loving it! I gotta figure out how to pull visual voicemail and the app pop out multitasking mode from the stock and Id have my dream rom for this phone. I saw your post with the verizon wifi calling and it mentioned the visual voicemail coming soon so this is by far the best rom I have used since cyanogen mod came out. You have a real talent for this stuff! I am hoping I can learn enough to be able to be able to contribute some day. Cheers mate!

Sent from jrkruse's Pixel Rom :D

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor

yea their on the bottom of the board now. Kinda a pain to ground it out. But still fun to do

JAW82

Sep 14, 2009
SLC
Thank you so much for your work on this ROM, jrkruse!
Hoping you can help me with an issue on the dialer app. I can make calls but the status screen never loads and I cannot hangup and such. I tried installing the Google Dialer app to no avail. Just check to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before I wipe and re-load. -Regards

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thank you so much for your work on this ROM, jrkruse!
Hoping you can help me with an issue on the dialer app. I can make calls but the status screen never loads and I cannot hangup and such. I tried installing the Google Dialer app to no avail. Just check to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before I wipe and re-load. -Regards

You have too set google dialer to default phone app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAW82

Sep 14, 2009
SLC
Tried that already but it still has a lot of issues. So I guess it's wipe and re-load then?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

By the way, this is kinda bad timing for me. This is actually my wife's phone and she's getting afraid that I'm compromising her phone. Not to insult but can you assure her/me that there is no spyware on this? That said I think I'll have to try a complete stock ROM to get me out of the dog-house. :)

Reactions: Q_xda993

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Tried that already but it still has a lot of issues. So I guess it's wipe and re-load then?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

By the way, this is kinda bad timing for me. This is actually my wife's phone and she's getting afraid that I'm compromising her phone. Not to insult but can you assure her/me that there is no spyware on this? That said I think I'll have to try a complete stock ROM to get me out of the dog-house. :)

Try wiping data and go through setup then set google phone to default call app. Update everything and should be goid

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
[Rom][US_Carriers_Pie_G950USQS7DTB3/U1/W][Non-Rooted_SafeStrap _Method]

If anyone is thinking on updating phones now is the time. The method of unlocking bootloaders on US variants works one s10/s20 and n10/n20 phones. Read the whole article too get info and yes it works I have a bootloader unlocked sm-g975u s10+ with twrp and magisk installed.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-root-us-unlocked-snapdragon-865/

Last edited:

thjubeck

May 12, 2011
Network Speed

Hey,

@jrkruse
I am trying to get native network speed indicators working on the newest DTA6 bootloader/ DTB3. I have tried the latest mods file and can't seem to figure it out. I also tried older versions of the mod file that I had previously downloaded.

I have clean reflashed in between as well in each attempt. Do you have any ideas on this?

P.S. This worked fine on previous versions where you can run the safe mods and it would enable it in settings. I looked through the script and it seems to look at mps_code.dat, find the current carrier code, and then modify the csc feature file. I have verified that this file changes and has the proper settings in it but it still will not show up in the OS status bar options.

Last edited:

arch7676765

Aug 3, 2020
Actually I followed everything you said and picked up several roms.

You give basically vague instructions that requires a history of knowledge using Safestrap before.
What you FAIL to mention is that this does not provide a safestrap menu like the actual program.
There are several steps that have to be completed that you again FAIL to provide.
So, I tossed the phone aside for another day because I really don't care.
But to say that you owe me something...No, not exactly...you owe nothing.
But as a teacher your an idiot.
How about explain to use your version of safestrap like the actual program that is released outside of this forum and maybe people will appreciate you more...you know, feed your ego.

@arch7676765 Everyone learns things differently, and I have learned a ton from the dev instructions posted by @jrkruse , he explains things cohesive and straightforwardly. As a teacher he is not an Idiot, if he was then people wouldn't have successfully installed his ROM. I think you just dont understand enough about this particular android dev subject. I have been following @jrkruse threads and I know he does not do this for appreciation, just read many of the comments. He uses his time to reply and help people and gets many like you.
TLDR; Educate yourself fill in the gaps.

Reactions: howarya

Dash_k

Jun 26, 2018

You give basically vague instructions that requires a history of knowledge using Safestrap before.
What you FAIL to mention is that this does not provide a safestrap menu like the actual program.
There are several steps that have to be completed that you again FAIL to provide.
How about explain to use your version of safestrap like the actual program that is released outside of this forum and maybe people will appreciate you more...you know, feed your ego.
Simply You can ask yourself ,what imiss... ?? ...Then you will find the answer!!! The OP is here for helping us to apply steps correctly ,not to teach us every step

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6

You cared enough to reply, that means something. Also it's ***you're an idiot, :laugh: but what would you know? You couldn't even understand the directions in this thread. And because you don't understand anything posted in this thread, maybe this method isn't for you and you should move on with your life instead of being a **** to the OP. Not a SINGLE person here on XDA is going to hold your hand and walk you through every single step. Sorry buddy but it's not happening and with that attitude and reply you gave, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to get no help at all... :good:

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

How about instead of insulting one another we work together and come up with better instructions

Reactions: Grimnir03

arch7676765

Aug 3, 2020
You cared enough to reply, that means something. Also it's ***you're an idiot, :laugh: but what would you know? You couldn't even understand the directions in this thread. And because you don't understand anything posted in this thread, maybe this method isn't for you and you should move on with your life instead of being a **** to the OP. Not a SINGLE person here on XDA is going to hold your hand and walk you through every single step. Sorry buddy but it's not happening and with that attitude and reply you gave, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to get no help at all... :good:

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Then do me a favor, show me how I am wrong or the idiot and tell me how to install a rom with this version of Safe Strap.

Here is the instruction on page one so show me

Instructions To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Initial Install. To Flash A Zip And Etc.

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENTER_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

2. To leave safestrap reboot to download from safestrap reboot menu

3. Use modded Odin and load BL_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 In BL Slot

Explain where is the part that tells how to actually use this version of safestrap.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Then do me a favor, show me how I am wrong or the idiot and tell me how to install a rom with this version of Safe Strap.

Instructions To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Initial Install. To Flash A Zip And Etc.

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENTER_SAFESTRAP_G950UDTA6_V7.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

Explain where is the part that tells how to actually use this version of safestrap.

Its not my job or his job to explain to you how to use a custom recovery. Its obvious safestrap is a custom recovery based off of twrp. Read how to use twrp. Use the search feature in the forum. Its been stated many times that rom slots in safestrap recovery don’t work like on older devices and that safestrap can only be used too flash zips and images and make backups. The basic function of any custom recovery. The directions to enter safestrap are put there for a reason because thats how you enter safestrap and exit it. If it were as simple as just entering from the splash screen like on a rooted nougat rom then why would I bother putting these instructions on how to enter it. You decided too call me an idiot when you didn’t even know how too tell what stock firmware too download for your phone from Samsung. Why didn’t you ask Samsung what too download why ask me. You get all mad because I don’t tell you there is no splash screen to enter safestrap on pie rom after each reboot. I suggest you sell your android phone and buy an apple phone that way they will dictate too you what you can and cannot do with your phone. This is exactly what you need is someone else to manage your affairs. I gave you a chance I said help me make some better instructions but that would take some effort on your part I guess. Maybe you can ask someone else too help you make some instructions then criticize them if its not too your liking. Please leave this thread. You are not welcome here. I will never help you again.

Reactions: Grimnir03

arch7676765

Aug 3, 2020
Its not my job or his job to explain to you how to use a custom recovery. Its obvious safestrap is a custom recovery based off of twrp. Read how to use twrp. Use the search feature in the forum. Its been stated many times that rom slots in safestrap recovery don’t work like on older devices and that safestrap can only be used too flash zips and images and make backups. The basic function of any custom recovery. The directions to enter safestrap are put there for a reason because thats how you enter safestrap and exit it. If it were as simple as just entering from the splash screen like on a rooted nougat rom then why would I bother putting these instructions on how to enter it. You decided too call me an idiot when you didn’t even know how too tell what stock firmware too download for your phone from Samsung. Why didn’t you ask Samsung what too download why ask me. You get all mad because I don’t tell you there is no splash screen to enter safestrap on pie rom after each reboot. I suggest you sell your android phone and buy an apple phone that way they will dictate too you what you can and cannot do with your phone. This is exactly what you need is someone else to manage your affairs. I gave you a chance I said help me make some better instructions but that would take some effort on your part I guess. Maybe you can ask someone else too help you make some instructions then criticize them if its not too your liking. Please leave this thread. You are not welcome here. I will never help you again.

TWRP has a graphical interface where this version does not.
YOU say you used it, you promoted it, you you you yet you don't explain how.

If it was so easy then you can say.
Touch the screen and select the rom, flash then wipe cache...
Nope, because you either are bull ***** or are just lazy.
You can't be lazy because you just type like 10 paragraphs saying figure it out for yourself so you must be bull******ing

BTW, you never helped me in the first place.
You spoke in generic terms as in find rom here. Now I am not welcome.
You have been called out dude!
You are the epitome of cut and paste.

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor

Your not gonna come in here and unload on one for our developers. Specially on a device this old now. He does this because he chooses. Not because he has to. Next time you can go off and find your own method buddy. I've personally watched this man dedicate 100s upon. 100s of hours to the ungrateful ass community such as yourself being included. With very little donations in return from any one. Next time ask samsung how to root your device. And ask them in their forums.

Explain where is the part that tells how to actually use this version of safestrap. As to this. Maybe you should use the wonderful search bar at the top of every thread or section xda offers and search for safestrap ****s been around for many years now. I'm sure you can find a thread on your own. You seem like a big boy and can handle yourself

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

You can't be lazy because you just type like 10 paragraphs saying figure it out for yourself so you must be bull******ing

Have a nice day [emoji106]. See ya never.

• Haha
Reactions: howarya

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011

?? you should just take the L. Nobody likes a user that only bashes the devs work. Jrkruse is very far from an idiot and very far from a cut and paste kind of dev. Before you decide to call sometime out it might be best to do your homework on who it is you are going to be insulting and what they've done to contribute for the community. Doesn't look like you've done anything to me though. Maybe you could do like the rest of us, if something either isn't available or quite to your liking then try contributing to the project yourself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions For Installing Pie Roms

Please Note This Is Not A Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. As Of Now There Is Still No Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. This Takes Some Patience To Install
    S8 SM-G950U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

Download
    G950USQU8DUJ1_SAFESTRAP.7z

Google_Pixel_Experience_Pie_8_Seriers.zip
    Flash after you flash the system image above with a data wipe
    After setup you need to set google dialer as default call app

Install Instructions Safestrap Method New Install Or Base Update

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

You Must have safestrap installed to get safestrap follow the guide located below
    Root And Safestrap For S8 Up To V7 Bootloaders

1. If on V7 or lower bootloaders before starting the process. If on V7 or lower Pie rom reboot to download and flash the BL_G950USQU8DTI3_LEAVE_SAFESTRAP.tar.md5 then reboot this will put you on V8 bootloaders before starting

Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your internal sdcard. Reboot to safestrap In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select internal storage click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swipe to flash. You can flash any mod zips at this time after you flash system image. Then in wipe tab chose wipe then advance wipe then wipe data

3. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download from reboot tab.

4. In odin load BL_G950USQS7DTA6.tar.md5 in BL slot and HOME_CSC_OYN_G950U_CACHE.tar.md5 in CSC slot flash phone will reboot to recovery and wipe cache then reboot

Stock Rom Feature:

Debloated
    SafeStrap Recovery PreLoaded
    Safetynet Passes
    Samsung Pay,Pass,Secure Folder Working
    Native Hotspot Enabled
    Multi User Support
    CSC Files Decrypted
    S8 SM-G955U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files Found
    HERE
    Safestrap Flashable Mod Zips
    SM_950_Mods_Safestrap_PIE.zip

View attachment Adaway_Blocking_No_Root_Pie.zip
    Install zip in safestrap
    boot phone back up to system
    you will have 2 apps in your apps drawer Host Adblocking and Stock Adblocking
    too enable adblocking run the Host Adblocking app it may require rebooting phone to work
    too disable adblocking run Stock Adblocking this probably will not require a reboot
    what this does is move the system/etc/hosts file to the internal storage of your phone then I symliink the one in the internal storage to the system/etc/host file this way the file can be changed back and forth . If you would wipe data in stock recovery however you would need to reflash the zip in safetrap as a data wipe would delete the host file since it is now located on internal storage
    Updated the OP to DTB3 build
    Also added a new pixel experience in the OP
    Thank you understood!
    Safestrap.rar file sounded like just the Recovery.. just after began download realised its the rom.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    2nd Step started with 'Copy ***_system.img' so didn't get the preview.
    If it included 'extract' or 'extract
    G950USQS7DTA6_SAFESTRAP.rar' would have been easy.

I need too redo the instructions one of these days

Sent from some device I modified
    Out of curiosity, what do you gain by flashing one of these bootstrap ROMs, versus just using Android 10? Is it just for some simple firmware-level stuff like backups, since there's no root?

Full access to entire system I would say thats pretty important too some