• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][UVBMD1][CWM/TWRP][AROMA-ish]Note2 Tweaked 2.5 UPDATED 9/11

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
The Google android device manager service - https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager - was working fine for me in version 2.4.1, but is not in v.2.5. When I go to the webpage, it tells me I have "No active devices." What happened?
In my Google acct. sync settings, everything is checked except Google photos and Picasa.
Just worked for me

Attachments

Phaze1585

May 22, 2012
Contacts not working in 2.5

Hey all, ive used this rom before, and the contacts app didnt work then, and I was able to fix it. But for some reason, in the latest update, all the methods i was using before arent working. I have an ATT Note 2, but i dont see that really being the problem sense I got it to work last time. Anyone here have the same issue and got it to work or does anyone have any suggestions? I know I can download different contacts apps, but I prefer the stock one cause of the slide gestures.

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Hey all, ive used this rom before, and the contacts app didnt work then, and I was able to fix it. But for some reason, in the latest update, all the methods i was using before arent working. I have an ATT Note 2, but i dont see that really being the problem sense I got it to work last time. Anyone here have the same issue and got it to work or does anyone have any suggestions? I know I can download different contacts apps, but I prefer the stock one cause of the slide gestures.
I still don't understand this issue tbh - I need more info again, sorry. Does it FC? If so, a logcat could be a good thing :)

What did you do before to make it work? Are there other folks that come by the thread using AT&T Note2s that are having this issue? I would very much like to track down whatever it is that is causing this issue...

I changed very few files in this update (TSMParts, android.policy, SystemUI) so I am unsure how it would cause differences in the sense of 2.4.1-to-2.5 comparisons... very troubling...

kingskidd268

May 21, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Just curious if anyone else had this problem. After taking a screenshot (I do it via the hand swipe thing if it matters), it crashes the system ui when I try to edit the image. Like I would select edit from the notification bar and it woukd notify me that system ui would crash. It wouldnt open the image to edit either.

Thanks for the awesome rom btw! Just updated yesterday from 2.2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
No problems at all.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
Glad yours is working. Was hoping to read some replies with helpful suggestions so I can get mine working again.
Maybe try going into Google settings>>> Android Device Manager>>> check, Remotely locate this device
Or remove you account reboot then add it back.?. Sorry I can't be more helpful

Last edited:

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Guys before reporting what you think is a bug, please make sure you do a clean install. 99.9% of these problems are user based. Remember, most versions are released early on the irc channel and tested by multiple users. I know it's very easy to blame the ROM, but it's usually not.

sgh-TWEAKED-889©

vouty

Dec 7, 2010
California
Maybe try going into Google settings>>> Android Device Manager>>> check, Remotely locate this device
Or remove you account reboot then add it back.?. Sorry I can't be more helpful
Tried both your suggestions but it's sill not showing up. It still says I have no active devices. FWIW, I'm getting updates from the Google Play store just fine. In my experience, if there's a problem with your acct. on the phone, you can't get app updates from play. Still scratching my head on this one...

carlgraser

Sep 17, 2012
My first update with the OTA was with a full wipe and quick unlock was not working. I did another install today from a download from XDA and the quick unlock works just fine. I'm not sure what happened last time but I think when updates are available I'm going to use the download from xda instead of the OTA.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rickm8384

Steve Lazarus

May 20, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
Saber is the worst battery life for me. Never deep sleeps.
Kind of hit and miss with Sabre Kernel, and attributes of different ROMs really affect it's battery drain, or lack of. I usually keep things lite on all my ROMs and get crazy results all the time. .

3.93 running JediX 17 destroyed (exaggeration of course) my battery life. Yet the same Kernel with GEwiz yielded phenomenal battery life. Tried the same Kernel with Tweaked, killed my battery. Sabre 3.95 should be released shortly (if it hasn't happened already, haven't checked today).

The kernel release in Jedi Master 17 should have addressed some, if not all of the issues related to the memory/cache bleed (leak), still evaluating it myself....

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

If you're into tweaks and mods trying to get the best performance and battery life, you might consider trying out the Comatose Crossbreeder combo. To early for me to pass judgment for my particular setup, but have had no issues thus far running it on Tweaked, or any other ROM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2188416

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

On a side note:

For those of you who love floating windows/apps etc.. Great app up on xda tv today "Showtime", pretty much a floating youtube video app, really nice imo, no issues running it on Tweaked. What could be better for the screen real estate of the Note 2 than having 10 HD quality youtube videos floating around? :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2413078
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DIeHPzlSE&sns=em

Last edited:

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Tried both your suggestions but it's sill not showing up. It still says I have no active devices. FWIW, I'm getting updates from the Google Play store just fine. In my experience, if there's a problem with your acct. on the phone, you can't get app updates from play. Still scratching my head on this one...
Very strange... are others using this app and having issues? There has to be something else going on here... sorry for the troubles though, I wish I had something more useful to offer as a suggestions :(

On the note of sorry-for-the-troubles - there is now a flashable zip called PowerMenuLockscreenBlockFix.zip in the mediafire directory that the various stock icon flashables can be found in, as well as the Battery Aroma (link in the downloads post, or here if feeling lazy). Speaking of the Battery Aroma - have people tried it out? Any feedback on it?

rickm8384

Sep 6, 2011
New York
Very strange... are others using this app and having issues? There has to be something else going on here... sorry for the troubles though, I wish I had something more useful to offer as a suggestions :(

On the note of sorry-for-the-troubles - there is now a flashable zip called PowerMenuLockscreenBlockFix.zip in the mediafire directory that the various stock icon flashables can be found in, as well as the Battery Aroma (link in the downloads post, or here if feeling lazy). Speaking of the Battery Aroma - have people tried it out? Any feedback on it?
I love it! However, the issue for me is its kind of a guessing game as to what each battery meter looks like. The first time I chose three and didn't like any of them social had to reflash it. But the idea is great!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

EDIT: I flashed the new zip but now I can access the reboot menu from lockscreen. I thought that was blocked using the zip. No?

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
I love it! However, the issue for me is its kind of a guessing game as to what each battery meter looks like. The first time I chose three and didn't like any of them social had to reflash it. But the idea is great!

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

EDIT: I flashed the new zip but now I can access the reboot menu from lockscreen. I thought that was blocked using the zip. No?

Yeah I should take some time to get screenshots together or something... good call. Ah well, it's sort of an adventure this way I guess, but one with little risk as you can undo it just as fast as it was put there :)

The reboot menu zip fixed an issue when you had the option selected to block it in TSMParts > Lockscreen settings - the issue wasn't around for those not opting to block the power menu while on the lockscreen, but for those that wanted to block it there were some reboots. Is the option selected in TSMParts and it's still not working?