• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][V0.2d][13-sep-2010] Froyo 2.2 MotoBlur for Milestone

Search This thread

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
when i use motoblur, the battery drain is faster than motofrenzy, and the temperature that i feel from the mobile is a bit hotter than motofrenzy too, is it the motoblur problem?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
when i use motoblur, the battery drain is faster than motofrenzy, and the temperature that i feel from the mobile is a bit hotter than motofrenzy too, is it the motoblur problem?

simply more background processes running, and some Blur account update "receivers" which in some cases fail due to Verizon restrictions, and make it run a little more in the background..

so yes, its a mod/blur problem, as its not fully hacked to run on a different provider..

IFLPI

Sep 18, 2010
quite good ROM so far, I know its testing stage and not everything works, but the droid2 MotoBlur is great, and its worth further work. I know its hard alone, but maybe a team work would be more efficient and easier. (im not thinking about myself, im not a dev or modder)
so keep up the good work

I had 2 issues:
1.Market downloads hangs up the phone (when installing) unless i unmounted SD card. I had app2sd and ext2 partition made in GOT recovery 1.02. Maybe thats the problem.
2. I couldnt restore my backup by Titanium, app simply wouldnt install (after installation process succeeded - strange)

shame that milestone 2 wouldnt get droid 2 theme, only old blue/green motoblur. Droid 2 blur is far more beautiful. shame its only for verizon.

So for this moment i gave up, and maybe try SenseUI ROm by you, cause im looking for some nice UI/themed rom.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
So for this moment i gave up, and maybe try SenseUI ROm by you, cause im looking for some nice UI/themed rom.
you might like my next HTC ACE update port(MotoFroyoSense), im working on..

it has the latest senseui from htc, with more 3D menu view functions (and 3D glasses are not needed here)
but lacks Bluetooth, so that is for some a MAJOR!! (but i have no solution)

About MotoBlur,
im awaiting an official milestone2 release hoping they removed certificate branding for agps functions and providers.
and hopefully faster and more compatible (if possible)

AtifS029

Sep 26, 2010
motoblur experience

I used Motoblur for like 2 days and had to switch to CM6 because of "USB Mass Storage" not being connected to my laptop and also battery drains faster otherwise I simply loved it. I think Overclocking while undervolting will improve battery and also background processes start automatically even after I kill them in "Advanced Task Killer" as well as from stopping them in "Setting>Applications>Manage Applications". But the biggest problem was with not being able to access sdcard on my laptop through USB. I tried "Bluetooth File Transfer" app but was unsuccessful to access sdcard (may be some problem with me not doing it right).
If these two bugs are removed, MotoBlur is the one I wanna use (Well, I will still use it:) ). I love MotoFroyoSense too but low space was the problem (I wish Motorola had allocated at least 512MB internal storage for Milestone).

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I used Motoblur for like 2 days and had to switch to CM6 because of "USB Mass Storage"

i might be able to adapt kabaldan(Nadlabak?) usb mass storage solution here, so that could easily improve it.

Battery drains are now suspected to be Wifi driver causing it, im currently (still) on my FroyoSense mod, and without wifi enabled and having like 20-30 mins calls today, it only went down like 20%(since 06.00-21.24 now = 20%), so im sure the wifi is part of the problem on all my mods, as i used the same driver, and i think cyanogenmod is using it too..

thats really good, except i have to manage wifi manually now :-(

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
If anyone comes across a Milestone2 leak or any official roms on other forums or so, please send me a pm or reply here..

would be great to see how a final version would run on our milestone1 :)
and yes, i know some people dislike this one, but im one of the others which do find this launcher ok, but of course if its less laggy.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
info
Tested newest Blur 2.3.20 on milestone with new kernel and its not worth releasing..
still has GPS issues and problems with sound as droid2 has no gkisystem..

so im still waiting for a milestone2 release before a update will be released.

markjaxx3

Oct 4, 2010
Weston
Google Pixel 3
loved last release but switched back to stock as needed camera.now using your sense release and its great i think i am just missing blur but hopefully will have it back soon
thanks for all your work dex look forward to every release and check back every day
will donate when have dosh :)

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I have got hold of the Milestone2 build , and been informed from Motorola thats its now available to market (at least to employees to purchase)

So i guess ill be updating this build in some days :)