- Mar 24, 2010
Welcome to SentinelROM Sense Edition for HTC One - M7.
This ROM is compatible with the following models: International GSM/LTE (UL), International GSM (U), all U.S. carriers (apart from Sprint)
SentinelROM is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4,HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Note 2, and after weeks of hard work and optimisation, I am happy to release it for HTC One - M7.
I recently purchased a HTC One for the sole purpose of developing ROMs for it, so I look forward to growing and developing the ROM with your input over time. the ROM will go in whatever direction you guys, the users decide. I regularly post polls on my Facebook page to gauge interest in new features, UI design, etc, so make sure you follow us on Facebook to have your say!
Read what people are saying about SentinelROM.
This HTC Sense Edition of SentinelROM is based on mike1986's HTC One Stock ROM with permission, and includes a suite of enhancements on top of the base ROM., plus the following features.
- Zip Aligned
- Insecure boot.img
- Aroma installer (Performance tweaks, select HTC apps)
- LMT Pie Controls
- Advanced Power Menu
- Exposed Framework
- Sense 5 Toolbox
- Improved Web Browsing performance
- Improved 3D gaming performance
- Incredible battery life
- AOSP/SENSE Hybrid theming and UI customisation
- FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
This ROM has been built to enhance the stock HTC Sense 5 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.
Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.
I've also cleaned up the UI a lot. So those of you who love the look and feel of an AOSP ROM, but with HTC Sense 5 features, this is for you!
None that I am aware of. All bugs fixed in version 1.10
If installing for the first time:
To install this ROM you will need to have an HTC-DEV Unlocked or S-OFF bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed.
- Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
- Boot into your custom recovery
- Back up your stock ROM
- Enter custom recovery
- Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
- Format System Partition
- Install the ROM
- Follow the AROMA Installer to customise your installation
- Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.
NOTE: You should see the SentinelROM boot screen within 15 seconds of booting apst the bootloader. If the initial boot hangs on a black screen, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reboot.
If upgrading from a previous version of this ROM, read the instructions provided in the changelog in post 2.
Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.
You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author.
- Thanks very much to all the supporters of SentinelROM and the SentinelROM community on XDA and Facebook
- Mike1986 for his outstanding work and service to the XDA Community, for the stock base ROM, assistance with support for M7 variants and for additional scripts
- HTC for finally releasing a version of Sense worth keeping
- The XDA Community for all your wonderful ideas, many of which have inspired parts of SentinelROM
- The AROMA Installer Team
- The TrickDroid Team - I had a few issues getting AROMA to work among other things and your code helped me figure it out. Awesome ROM!
- Noname86 for allowing me to customise his LMT application for use in my ROMs.
- flar2 for module to disable system R/W protection
- ZeroInfinity for PureXAudio mod
- rovo89 for Xposed Framework
SentinelROM Sense Edition v5.00 - Changelog below - 3.17.401.2 base - Android 4.3
Remember to check my FAQ's for the answer to any questions before you ask here in the thread. Chances are it's already been answered...
Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too
Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.
I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation.. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing!
SentinelROM Sense Edition, a ROM for the HTC One
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
Current Stable Version: 5.00
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-22
Last Updated 2013-09-21