[ROM] v5.1.1 GamerROM 5 Limited Edition v2.1.1 For SCH-i545 Verizon Released 5/31/15

Search This thread

g7755725

Nov 27, 2014
Derby, KS
cyberdevdevelopment.boards.net
10941383_381328832038757_1379403654778486466_n.jpg

NOW RUNNING ANDROID M

Gr5 is now available for Samsung GALAXY S4 Verizon and has the latest features and updates from other versions of gr5

CHANGELOG IS WITH THE LINK CLICK THE LINK AND CHANGELOG AND DOWNLOAD WILL BE SHOWN.

What's Broken:

* No Known Bugs Yet

Features:
* Full FREE Services and Connectivity with Our Online Cloud Services

* Authenticate Your Google Account using Outlr Online Servers To Use your Google Account with our modded Account Apps For Online Gaming

* Instant Boot ups

* Easily be able to Change the Density of the OS

* New Tool called System Update to easily install OTA Updates

* You can change how the CPU Processes Information eqally or dynamically after enabling developer options

* Run The OS and Apps/Games up 50fps

* Fast Downloading And Uploading Modules

* Ipv6 and ipv4 Suppirt accross multiplatform services and also UPNP ipv4 and ipv6 support amd much more

NOTE: THE OS HAS SUPERSU, THIS INSTALLS WHEN FLASHING THE ROM, THEIR IS NO NEED TO FLASH A SUPERUSER VIA RECOVERY, BUT OPTIONAL TO REMOVE WITH A ALT SUPERUSER APP.

Download: Download Via ROMHut
WARNING: this update will not format your internal storage.

NOTE FOR THEMERS: now developers who are experienced with theming can update or build their cm themes for lollipop or this rom enjoy developing

Development Status: Active

We have to give Credit for the kernel to: FitsUgly without his kernel my rom wouldnt if been possible (reason i had limitations of pc so usally when i build my os i dnt have time to make my kernel)

Note: this rom has a gapps package in the flasher witch means the flasher intalls to os first with no gapps, then it access a folder named "gapps" to flash the package next so you dont have to, its a minimal package and we did it like that so it dowsnt infinge googles terms with Cyanogenmod.

Im also Cyberdev i just signed up on xda with google login cause i forgot the password and email password to it.

WARNING: ONLY FOR MDK BOOTLOADER

This ROM is powered By:
cyanogen_logo.jpg

qualcomm-snapdragon.jpg

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE:
Samsung_Galaxy_S4_logo.svg.png

paypal.jpg

Want To Help My Development Donations are Aporciated But Not Expected
Donate Now

Insallation Instructions:
Code:
[B]instructions:

Using TWRP?

Reboot into your Recovery by holding the vol up and holding it while turning the phone on.

Step 1: go to the tab called "Wipe" and click Manual Wipe

Step 2: format the folliwing partitions 

* /cache

* /data

* /system

* Dalvik-Cache

Step 3: go to the tab called "Install" and pick the storage unit you have this rom placed in and click the zip

Step 4: once you clicked the the rom slide the bar to the right to accept install and the rom will install

Step 5: once it says done click the "Reboot System" tab and done setup your phone after it boots

Using CWM OR CWM TOUCH?

Instructions:

Step 1: reboot into your recovery by pressing and holding the vol up button while turning the phone on

Step 2: niw your in recovery go to "Mounts & Storage" and format the following partitions

* /data

* /cache

* /system

* /boot (the does a clean kernel wipe for tye new kernel the flasher will install to)

Step 3: then go to the main menu and go to the option says "Advance" and wipe the following partition

* Wipe Dalvik-Cache

Step 4: now go to the main menu and click install zip abd click werever your rom is in and click it

Step 5: click yes to install and it will install the rom once done go to the main menu and click reboot and setup your phone after full boot[/B]

Heres a Official screenshot of the OS N
603760_411562392348734_9101694583145028823_n.jpg
ew Launcher

XDA:DevDB Information
GamerROM OS, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
g7755725
Source Code: https://github.com/g7755725/cyanogenmod-12.1/blob/master/kernel

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MDK Bootloader Required To Install ROM
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v2.1.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-05-31
Beta Release Date: No Longer In Beta

Created 2015-03-31
Last Updated 2015-05-31

Last edited:

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Hi, Thank you for your contributions. The link you provide for source is not source...it is just another thread on another forum.
Please provide kernel source link as required by GPLv2 and XDA requirements.
Once done then this can be moved to Android Development.
Thanks
FNSM

Charlie115

Aug 7, 2013
Should really clear up the op this can only be put on one variant of the verizon galaxy i545!!! That would save a lot of people from screwing up their devices

Illogi.xbone

Mar 22, 2015
Beatrice
www.youtube.com
Screen shots? Feature? Cmon man! =P

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

I think it would be worth mentioning this will only flash for those on mdk bootloader. :)

Even though everyone should know by now that unless noted that it is SS compatible that MDK is what is needed, however, I agree it should be posted somewhere that it will ONLY work on MDK not just suggested.

g7755725

Nov 27, 2014
Derby, KS
cyberdevdevelopment.boards.net

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Even though everyone should know by now that unless noted that it is SS compatible that MDK is what is needed, however, I agree it should be posted somewhere that it will ONLY work on MDK not just suggested.

Was applied to the thread in a waring in bold letters

Reactions: Illogi.xbone

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
Every one of my ringtones is a sheep baaing.
Edit:
I googled and apparently a cyanogen April fools.

Last edited:

tokemoner

Oct 4, 2012
Hello, I upgraded to this rom coming from GPE kitkat AOSP. Lollipop installed just fine and after initial setup seemed flawless. However, my phone gets a critical error when using the Dialer app (which actually started from getting a voicemail). Now whenever I make a call, which in this case was my voicemail box, the phone will freeze and I have to do a battery pull to reset the phone. Thinking it was an installation error I tried to reinstall the rom again after a full internal wipe + cache/dalvik, and this time on the first time setup my Messenger app was crashing causing me to be unable to finish the setup process. I reverted back to a Kitkat rom afterward and upon calling my voicemail box it turns out that I had an "unauthorized access attempt" from my own phone number, which was bizarre in and of itself.

My versions of everything is as follows:

MDK Verizon Galaxy S4
TWRP 2.8.4.0
Modem NK1

I have also experimented with a non-HLOS version of the NK1 modem and that still doesn't fix the problem. Any insight would be appreciated because I would like to transition to Lollipop on this phone. Thanks!

Illogi.xbone

Mar 22, 2015
Beatrice
www.youtube.com
Hello, I upgraded to this rom coming from GPE kitkat AOSP. Lollipop installed just fine and after initial setup seemed flawless. However, my phone gets a critical error when using the Dialer app (which actually started from getting a voicemail). Now whenever I make a call, which in this case was my voicemail box, the phone will freeze and I have to do a battery pull to reset the phone. Thinking it was an installation error I tried to reinstall the rom again after a full internal wipe + cache/dalvik, and this time on the first time setup my Messenger app was crashing causing me to be unable to finish the setup process. I reverted back to a Kitkat rom afterward and upon calling my voicemail box it turns out that I had an "unauthorized access attempt" from my own phone number, which was bizarre in and of itself.

My versions of everything is as follows:

MDK Verizon Galaxy S4
TWRP 2.8.4.0
Modem NK1

I have also experimented with a non-HLOS version of the NK1 modem and that still doesn't fix the problem. Any insight would be appreciated because I would like to transition to Lollipop on this phone. Thanks!

Try re-downloading then full wiping to re-flash. If that doesn't work make sure you are flashing the correct GAPPs package.

TheSt33v

Jun 12, 2014
The Stupid Country
Bluetooth?

How well does Bluetooth work on this rom? I've been looking for a CM-based rom that doesn't suffer from the bluetooth sharing service crash bug, but no luck as of yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10941383_381328832038757_1379403654778486466_n.jpg

NOW RUNNING ANDROID M

Gr5 is now available for Samsung GALAXY S4 Verizon and has the latest features and updates from other versions of gr5

CHANGELOG IS WITH THE LINK CLICK THE LINK AND CHANGELOG AND DOWNLOAD WILL BE SHOWN.

What's Broken:

* No Known Bugs Yet

Features:
    * Full FREE Services and Connectivity with Our Online Cloud Services

* Authenticate Your Google Account using Outlr Online Servers To Use your Google Account with our modded Account Apps For Online Gaming

* Instant Boot ups

* Easily be able to Change the Density of the OS

* New Tool called System Update to easily install OTA Updates

* You can change how the CPU Processes Information eqally or dynamically after enabling developer options

* Run The OS and Apps/Games up 50fps

* Fast Downloading And Uploading Modules

* Ipv6 and ipv4 Suppirt accross multiplatform services and also UPNP ipv4 and ipv6 support amd much more

NOTE: THE OS HAS SUPERSU, THIS INSTALLS WHEN FLASHING THE ROM, THEIR IS NO NEED TO FLASH A SUPERUSER VIA RECOVERY, BUT OPTIONAL TO REMOVE WITH A ALT SUPERUSER APP.

Download: Download Via ROMHut
    WARNING: this update will not format your internal storage.

NOTE FOR THEMERS: now developers who are experienced with theming can update or build their cm themes for lollipop or this rom enjoy developing

Development Status: Active

We have to give Credit for the kernel to: FitsUgly without his kernel my rom wouldnt if been possible (reason i had limitations of pc so usally when i build my os i dnt have time to make my kernel)

Note: this rom has a gapps package in the flasher witch means the flasher intalls to os first with no gapps, then it access a folder named "gapps" to flash the package next so you dont have to, its a minimal package and we did it like that so it dowsnt infinge googles terms with Cyanogenmod.

Im also Cyberdev i just signed up on xda with google login cause i forgot the password and email password to it.

WARNING: ONLY FOR MDK BOOTLOADER

This ROM is powered By:
    cyanogen_logo.jpg

qualcomm-snapdragon.jpg

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE:
    Samsung_Galaxy_S4_logo.svg.png

paypal.jpg

Want To Help My Development Donations are Aporciated But Not Expected
    Donate Now

Insallation Instructions:
    Code:
    [B]instructions:

Using TWRP?

Reboot into your Recovery by holding the vol up and holding it while turning the phone on.

Step 1: go to the tab called "Wipe" and click Manual Wipe

Step 2: format the folliwing partitions 

* /cache

* /data

* /system

* Dalvik-Cache

Step 3: go to the tab called "Install" and pick the storage unit you have this rom placed in and click the zip

Step 4: once you clicked the the rom slide the bar to the right to accept install and the rom will install

Step 5: once it says done click the "Reboot System" tab and done setup your phone after it boots

Using CWM OR CWM TOUCH?

Instructions:

Step 1: reboot into your recovery by pressing and holding the vol up button while turning the phone on

Step 2: niw your in recovery go to "Mounts & Storage" and format the following partitions

* /data

* /cache

* /system

* /boot (the does a clean kernel wipe for tye new kernel the flasher will install to)

Step 3: then go to the main menu and go to the option says "Advance" and wipe the following partition

* Wipe Dalvik-Cache

Step 4: now go to the main menu and click install zip abd click werever your rom is in and click it

Step 5: click yes to install and it will install the rom once done go to the main menu and click reboot and setup your phone after full boot[/B]

Heres a Official screenshot of the OS N
    603760_411562392348734_9101694583145028823_n.jpg
    ew Launcher

XDA:DevDB Information
    GamerROM OS, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    g7755725
    Source Code: https://github.com/g7755725/cyanogenmod-12.1/blob/master/kernel

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MDK Bootloader Required To Install ROM
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-05-31
    Beta Release Date: No Longer In Beta

Created 2015-03-31
    Last Updated 2015-05-31
    I think it would be worth mentioning this will only flash for those on mdk bootloader. :)

Was applied to the thread in a waring in bold letters
    Yeah, scared the crap out of me this am when phone rang. This is nice ROM otherwise.
    Well I use Bluetooth a lot with this Ron and works fine on my end

From what I understand, as I do not have any BT devices at the time, it is Phone/Media that does not work with BT for majority of people.