[ROM][v500][AOSP] Android 6.0 Marshmallow - 20161018 - MOB31H

Search This thread

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
Please, i need help, i have G PAd 8.3, and i try to root it with kingroot and it goes succsesfuly, but i can't instal twrp recovery, i was trying with tutorial on xda with twrp tool for g pad bu failed, every time, than i was think that maybe my bootloader is locked, and try to figure how to unlock it, try some tutorials but again without succes, please can someone give me advice or tutorial how to pass this and have twrp, and maybe to instal new kernel and try to overclock... please any advice would be great.

Thanks to all.

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
Please, i need help, i have G PAd 8.3, and i try to root it with kingroot and it goes succsesfuly, but i can't instal twrp recovery, i was trying with tutorial on xda with twrp tool for g pad bu failed, every time, than i was think that maybe my bootloader is locked, and try to figure how to unlock it, try some tutorials but again without succes, please can someone give me advice or tutorial how to pass this and have twrp, and maybe to instal new kernel and try to overclock... please any advice would be great.

Thanks to all.

After rooting, install Flashify from PlayStore, download latest TWRP v500 and flash it through Flashify. No need to unlock bootloader as long as you don't install SU. Besides, unlocking bootloader works only if you activate Development settings (tap 7 times the buildnumber in About tablet). There's plenty detailed instructions floating about on XDA...Warning : this does a complete dzctory reset, you lose everything !!!

Cheers

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
Well like i said i rooted it with kingroot, and i have su of kingroot. And try lot of options to flash twrp but nothing goes ok, ill try your method, i have development options, but again nothing...
So could i try your method with this su of kingroot?

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
Well like i said i rooted it with kingroot, and i have su of kingroot. And try lot of options to flash twrp but nothing goes ok, ill try your method, i have development options, but again nothing...

Once u are able to give root access to Flashify, you will be able to flash twrp. If u can't give root access with kingroot, then use ADP to flash twrp. Search for some guides
Are u on stock kitkat 4.4.4? U can use towelroot to root on 4.4.4 & then flash twrp through flashify.

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
No, im on 5.0.2, and i tried with flashify, but when i try to reboot into recovery it stops with error: "secure booting error" and now i can't even turn on my g pad :(.

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme

Whit kingroot and it's SU you're fine. Flashify is in the PlayStore and works only with rooted ROM's. If Flashify isn't working, you're not fully rooted...
Cheers

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
And what now i can do, like i said i cant turn on my g pad, it stops on boot, because of error, secure booting error? What now?

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
Hello again, i installed new firmwarw on my g pad, stock rom 4.2.2 and again do it root, and now i siccesfuly installed twrp, and now i have question what to do, to install new kernel and try a litlle bit overclock, or install marshmalow from tutorial, and if i install marshmallow can i use overclock?
Beside that what with ota update, should i install it, what with root?

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
Hello again, i installed new firmwarw on my g pad, stock rom 4.2.2 and again do it root, and now i siccesfuly installed twrp, and now i have question what to do, to install new kernel and try a litlle bit overclock, or install marshmalow from tutorial, and if i install marshmallow can i use overclock?
Beside that what with ota update, should i install it, what with root?

Why aren't you going for Nougat ? Fastest ROM by far for this old lady, works a charm and is still in full development by the same man as this ROM here.
Once rooted OTA doesn't work anymore, nor are there OC kernels...

Cheers

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
Why aren't you going for Nougat ? Fastest ROM by far for this old lady, works a charm and is still in full development by the same man as this ROM here.
Once rooted OTA doesn't work anymore, nor are there OC kernels...

Cheers

Well i want to try to overclock a litlle bit, just to see in gaming can be litle better, and dont know can i do that on nougat or marshmallow... So because of that asking, what to do, i find guide for kernel on xda, not sure is it compatible but i would love to try jus because of overclocking.
And if i install ota update is everything work with root?

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
Well i want to try to overclock a litlle bit, just to see in gaming can be litle better, and dont know can i do that on nougat or marshmallow... So because of that asking, what to do, i find guide for kernel on xda, not sure is it compatible but i would love to try jus because of overclocking.
And if i install ota update is everything work with root?

Fishears did a kernel, though I wouldn't know if it's for gaming. It sure does work on stock, not for AOSP etc... OTA is a connection with LG update, it doesn't work on rooted devices. Whether you redo stock again (unrooted) and go for regular updates or you go for custom ROM's, you're the one to choose...

https://xdaforums.com/lg-g-pad-83/development/kernel-fishears-custom-stockplus-t3218984

Cheers

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
Fishears did a kernel, though I wouldn't know if it's for gaming. It sure does work on stock, not for AOSP etc... OTA is a connection with LG update, it doesn't work on rooted devices. Whether you redo stock again (unrooted) and go for regular updates or you go for custom ROM's, you're the one to choose...

https://xdaforums.com/lg-g-pad-83/development/kernel-fishears-custom-stockplus-t3218984

Cheers

And with nougat i can't do overclocking my device?
I just need to see is there some improves on gaming, fps etc.
So to not do ota update which gives me device now?

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
And with nougat i can't do overclocking my device?
I just need to see is there some improves on gaming, fps etc.
So to not do ota update which gives me device now?

If your device is rooted, which it is, OTA update will start downloading but will end with 'unknown error'... And for a few fps, I wouldn't go all the trouble.

Good luck anyway

Reactions: Kzyw

Herceg89

Sep 20, 2015
If your device is rooted, which it is, OTA update will start downloading but will end with 'unknown error'... And for a few fps, I wouldn't go all the trouble.

Good luck anyway

Than you mate.
And what if i install nougat, can i install it like this on this stock 4.2.2 and after that can i try overclocking? If is posible than its better to instal nougat and try than overclocking.
Sorry if i start be annoying.

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
Than you mate.
And what if i install nougat, can i install it like this on this stock 4.2.2 and after that can i try overclocking? If is posible than its better to instal nougat and try than overclocking.
Sorry if i start be annoying.

As I said, no OC on AOSP. If you really are into that, you'd have a look at LineageOS with Beroid's custom kernel. They have instructions on how and what....

Cheers

cosmo21

Mar 5, 2012
Hello guys...sorry to wake such an old thread but is there anyone who has a working link to this rom?
thanx in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP - Android 6.0.1 - MOB31H

NO LONGER SUPPORTED

This is a pure build of AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the goal is to have a pure AOSP rom, so it is not the objective of this project to include any functionality that is not native to Android AOSP.

And to make the experience more consistent and simplify some issues related to Android Marshmallow, this ROM has a basic versions of Google Apps (Gapps) pre-installed, additional apps can be installed via Play Store.

Download:
    ROM: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=20977

Instructions:
    • Install TWRP (download here)
    • Boot into recovery and flash the ROM.
    • For Root flash SuperSU (download here)
    • Note: Systemless supersu will not work with our device. The latest official release that will work is 2.52, but any system based version will work.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    adrianom
    Source Code: https://github.com/AdrianoMartins/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2015-10-29
    Last Updated 2016-11-17
    Changelog

2016-10-18:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1 Release 70 (MOB31H)
    • Fix audio output problem in specific apps

2016-09-17:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1 Release 66 (MOB31E)
    • Other minor changes in kernel and rom

2016-09-11:
    • Only a clean build

2016-08-04:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1 Release 61

2016-07-17:
    • Fix Skype error
    • Fix and optimization patchs
    • Build with new toolchain (optimization)
    • Fix audio and video bad quality (update adreno and audio blobs) - thanks to @Deltadroid

2016-07-08:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1 Release 52 (MOB30R)

2016-06-16:
    • Update Google Apps (fix 2016-06-12 error)

2016-06-12:
    • Revert 2016-05-05 file system and storage management changes

2016-06-10:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1_r46

2016-05-07:
    • Update Gapps and Fix Setup Wizard

2016-05-05:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1_r43
    • Internal updates and patches focused in file system and storage management

2016-03-25:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1_r17
    • Update kernel with some CAF patchs (should fix the forced unmount of sdcard)

2016-02-07:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1_r13
    • Build with a new toolchain (GCC 5.3 and cortex-a15 optimization)
    • Other minor changes to the kernel, framework and camera

2016-01-08:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1_r10

2015-12-22:
    • Fix Play Store apps displaying as incompatible
    • Fix exFAT mount Support (need test)
    • Add AOSP Camera and remove Google Camera due to problem in switch to video mode (can be install from Play Store)

2015-12-17:
    • Update to Android 6.0.1
    • Fix Camera HDR mode
    • Add exFAT mount Support (need test)
    • Other small updates and internal patches

2015-11-18:
    • Update Gapps and Fix Google Calendar Sync
    • Update Setup Wizard to Tablet Version
    • Remove some applications intended solely for phones.

2015-11-15:
    • Use OpenGapps as Gapps source
    • Wifi: re-add default country code (BR)
    • Tweak display gamma configuration
    • Other small or internal patches

2015-11-12:
    • Tweak Wifi Settings
    • Change Kernel Power Management (fix wifi drop on sleep mode and optimize power savings mode)

2015-11-07:
    • Update/Rollback to Android 6.0.0_r5 (MRA58V): the r26 for now is only intent for Nexus 5x e 6p, and this was having some issue in other devices, including:
      • Microphone not be detected
      • High battery consumption
      With the change to default release branch (and 6.0.0_r5) this problems was fix.
    • Update Adreno Driver (fix Antutu error)
    • Build with a 5.2 (ROM) and 4.9 (Kernel) Toolchain compile by me with A15/FPU optimization
    • Remove Exchange2 and AOSP Email (default to Gmail and Google Exchange version)
    • Update Gapps
    • Other small or internal patches (including sdcard)

2015-11-04:
    • Update to Android 6.0.0_r26 (MDB08M)
    • Optminizations
      • Build with UBER Toolchain 5.2 (ROM) and A15 optimized 4.9 (Kernel)
      • Enable Strict Aliasing, Krait Tunings, GCC Tunings, Graphite, A15/Neon-vfpv4 Optminizations
    • Kernel Update:
      • Enable dynamic wireless regulatory domain
      • Enable support for features that have been disabled in the first versions (BFQ, SIO, ZEN, INTELLIDEMAND and others)
      • Enable lcd color temperature calibration

2015-10-31:
    • Enable Offline Charger
    • Enable SD Card Adoptable Storage (and fix access problem)
    • Fix Native Tap To Wake Setting Option
    • Add Calendar Sync
    • Enable clear all recents button
    • Enable SystemUI Tuner
    • Cleanup duplicate ringtones/alarms
    • Update the default wallpaper
    • Show Optimizing app dialog on first boot

2015-10-29:
    • First release

Only the first build... there's a lot to be done yet, as camera, audio, wifi and gps do not work yet, but eventually we got there ...

Screenshot_19710723_174953.png
    New Version

Download: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=15173 - Mirror: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086994042

Changelog - 2015-11-12:
    • Tweak Wifi Settings
    • Change Kernel Power Management (fix wifi drop on sleep mode and optimize power savings mode)