• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [v521] [7.1.2] Resurrection Remix N v5.8.5 FINAL - LG G Pad X 8.0

Which would you rather have, RR with Magisk, SuperSU or rootless?

• Magisk

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • SuperSU

• rootless

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

LOWCOUNTRYDAVE

Oct 23, 2010
Beaufort
Sorry, as Im sure this has been posted somewhere, but i havent been able to find an answer.

I just purchased a v520, the at&t variant. I will be using it as wifi only, no data plan from att. Can i use the same root methods and roms, such as this one for the v521 model on my v520?

Thanks in advance.

camoway

Feb 5, 2009
honolulu
Firstly Thank you for the ROM, I have been using it 3-4 months. The audio from the internal speaks is very low. I have tried some play store apps that then tell me my device is not supported. Is there a build.prop edit I can do? Or some config file I can hack? To boost the volume? I haven't been using it much just because I was born with hearing loss. So I would be great if I could get a some help. Thanks!

Fixed!!! Speaker is set to 84 by default, so I turned it up too 100 and added some more volume steps. Massive improvement!!

So go to system/ect/mixer.XML look for speaker
change it from 84 to 100 reboot. Then play something and Blow your speaker lolol but yah this can and will blow it up if you go to high. Try 30% at first.

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonyburnsred

guliver365

Mar 14, 2009
Los Angeles
<path name="speaker">
Then look for 84 and change it

I did it but as soon as I tried to play something the device crash maybe I am gonna try something between. it also possible since this tablet is rooted and the fact I am using gravity box it can conflict with the mod.

Update 94 is probably the threshold for me but even at this lower setting this add a lot of distortion to the sound close to the full volume.

Last edited:

camoway

Feb 5, 2009
honolulu
I did it but as soon as I tried to play something the device crash maybe I am gonna try something between. it also possible since this tablet is rooted and the fact I am using gravity box it can conflict with the mod.

Update 94 is probably the threshold for me but even at this lower setting this add a lot of distortion to the sound close to the full volume.
Gravity box says it is intended for stock roms. Not roms that have already been modified. Like this one, I could see you having a lot of issues with it. Really read the description before hand it will save a lot of time in the long run. I would absolutely not use it with this room as it already is modified quite a bit.

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 7 Pro

Use viperfx

Reactions: anthonyburnsred

oneway2k

Nov 16, 2005
I know this is a little old but I've been using this ROM for a while and love it, but the device seems to be running slow, particularly loading web pages. Unless someone has another idea, would overclocking help? I know there is a battery life hit but I'm ok with that. If so, can someone point me to how to overclock. I don't see anything in settings so I assume I'll need to install something. Since I'm not going to change this once I find a sweet spot for clock speed, if I can just do it via adb and then save to a config file that would be fine. Thanks!

Reactions: Ivan683

jhford

I used to own this tablet and liked the fact that I could adopt the micro SD card storage. I've been thinking about buying a used one in mint condition and found this thread. Apparently, this is Android Nougat which is very old and "FINAL" means it's not being maintained. Is there another Rom for this tablet that is being maintained? Maybe LineageOS?
Thanks

Last edited:
I agree with you 100%, android 7 is feeling dated. its a little bit sad, because these tablets can be had USED for about 30 bucks, and for another 10 bucks, you can transplant a 8000MaH battery into one, for DAYS of power. Plus this device has IR blaster and a FULL USB port , which is quite rare.

i recently picked up a LG-G-PAD V530 version (t-mobile) 32GB tablet for a little over 20 dollars, fixed the problems it had (was sold as damaged) and love it, but miss the IR blaster and in-built USB port . (the speaker attachment does add a USB port, but its not practical)

so this brings me to a question, if anyone has there ears on ?

the V530 supposedly can run android 8.0 (i have not tried this yet, mine is still 7, with basic root- NO TWRP yet, but i think its possible? ) what causes me to create this post, is these two tablets are not the same, but might it be possible to port android 8 from the V530 , to the V521 ? ill post a picture if it helps, just ignore the V521 security update, i still cant replicate this on any other V521's i have, its a freak device, ( i tried a few roms on this one V521, but never cross flashed )

funny note: the V521 shown in the next post , can download significantly more APPS from the play store , than any other V521 i have, and its not clear if its just the security patch being the newest, or somthing else.

might anyone in this POST know how to increase the SWAP memory for the factory ROM? The V521 has 16GB EMMC 4.0 . which SHOULD be plenty fast to allocate a bit more to swap memory ( if i knew how to RE-partation this device, i would remove all the bloat and dedicate another gig to ram.)

is there any relevance to the BUILD NUMBER, and does this mean these are the same build , even if they used diffrent drivers for the hardware ?

does anyone know if the same steps to CH-MOD the V521 might work on the V530 ? (TWRP - lack of , really prevents me from taking bloat off the V530 without risk )

Attachments

• 20210530_192004.jpg
    20210530_192004.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7

jhford

I agree with you 100%, android 7 is feeling dated. its a little bit sad, because these tablets can be had USED for about 30 bucks, and for another 10 bucks, you can transplant a 8000MaH battery into one, for DAYS of power. Plus this device has IR blaster and a FULL USB port , which is quite rare.

i recently picked up a LG-G-PAD V530 version (t-mobile) 32GB tablet for a little over 20 dollars, fixed the problems it had (was sold as damaged) and love it, but miss the IR blaster and in-built USB port . (the speaker attachment does add a USB port, but its not practical)

so this brings me to a question, if anyone has there ears on ?

the V530 supposedly can run android 8.0 (i have not tried this yet, mine is still 7, with basic root- NO TWRP yet, but i think its possible? ) what causes me to create this post, is these two tablets are not the same, but might it be possible to port android 8 from the V530 , to the V521 ? ill post a picture if it helps, just ignore the V521 security update, i still cant replicate this on any other V521's i have, its a freak device, ( i tried a few roms on this one V521, but never cross flashed )

funny note: the V521 shown in the next post , can download significantly more APPS from the play store , than any other V521 i have, and its not clear if its just the security patch being the newest, or somthing else.

might anyone in this POST know how to increase the SWAP memory for the factory ROM? The V521 has 16GB EMMC 4.0 . which SHOULD be plenty fast to allocate a bit more to swap memory ( if i knew how to RE-partation this device, i would remove all the bloat and dedicate another gig to ram.)
I just followed you on this thread. You seem to be interested in hardware related issues; I'm only interested in flashing an up to date Rom, for now. I hope you find solutions for everyone. Maybe you can convince a cook in the Nexus 7 (2013) flo/deb thread on XDA to take up the cause.
[EDIT}
1. I can't find the 8000maH battery? Link? Here's a 6000maH battery on Aliexpress. for US $21.98 + 2.63 S&H. https://is.gd/qh94Q
2. What Rom are you running, this one?
3. What do you think the most advanced Rom is for the X8.0 V521.
4. I just bought a mint V521 for $75 which may be a bit high, but it is mint. I'm an old Nexus 7 (2013) 4G/LTE guy. Here's the hardware comparison - pretty impressive. https://tinyurl.com/trbkbcy5.

Last edited:
battery i used - ebay link

- note- that battery works, but i did mod the rear cover for clearance (i use a simple flap cover and a tiny dot of CA in each of the corners to keep it on the back . ( it fits well and itsnt obvious theres a big battery installed, but its also unusual to do,.. they can come apart if needed, and i already did this once, but after the swap, there is years ahead before another. ( ill post pics in a later date - as i have another to do for my dad )

these tablets are great for the home, as i use one for my SHIELD TV 500Gb and the full size USB-A port makes transferring files/data to shield wirelessly very easy.
currently using stock rom, ( android 7 )
i like 7, but yes its in need of something newer. I wouldn't mind trying to get lineage working, but it seems that all versions still lack the IR blaster, which is important to me.
as of this point in time, i am trying to get the whole android 8 ( v530 ) package that is rumored to exist. then i can compare the two , to see what's needed to port over.
nothing here is going to be easy, but again, i like these and they need some love.

v530- can have up to 8.0

v521- stops at 7.0

waiting on a new 2TB M-sata for my laptop, which will offer room to go exploring.

jhford

battery i used - ebay link

- note- that battery works, but i did mod the rear cover for clearance (i use a simple flap cover and a tiny dot of CA in each of the corners to keep it on the back . ( it fits well and itsnt obvious theres a big battery installed, but its also unusual to do,.. they can come apart if needed, and i already did this once, but after the swap, there is years ahead before another. ( ill post pics in a later date - as i have another to do for my dad )

these tablets are great for the home, as i use one for my SHIELD TV 500Gb and the full size USB-A port makes transferring files/data to shield wirelessly very easy.
currently using stock rom, ( android 7 )
i like 7, but yes its in need of something newer. I wouldn't mind trying to get lineage working, but it seems that all versions still lack the IR blaster, which is important to me.
as of this point in time, i am trying to get the whole android 8 ( v530 ) package that is rumored to exist. then i can compare the two , to see what's needed to port over.
nothing here is going to be easy, but again, i like these and they need some love.

v530- can have up to 8.0

v521- stops at 7.0

waiting on a new 2TB M-sata for my laptop, which will offer room to go exploring.
Thanks for the battery link. I'm anxious to see your install pics. How did you even know it would work? BTW, my research indicates that the V521 is superior to the V530. Nexus 7 and V521 CPU comparison. https://tinyurl.com/t6fzkrym
I like the Nexus 7's size best but the V521 is much faster and the resolution is much better. I just ordered a second mint V521 for backup purposes. I also ordered this case which I used to use. https://is.gd/r8XRD. What case do you use? I WOULD LOVE TO FLASH LINEAGE 10 NOW AND 11 WHEN IT'S MORE READY FOR PRIME TIME.
Best.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts