[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] simple, clean, fast...

Search This thread

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
- This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
- maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build thoroughly tested global optimizations including standard linaro.
- originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
- aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
SU, busybox etc
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d etc
UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
yatta yatta yatta
more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source

Last edited:

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
My man ....what up prime?...u made my day with this...

Candy Painted

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

+100000000

Candy Painted

Last edited:

dems86

Nov 3, 2012
Sacramento
Nice, good to see Prime on flo, always made one of the best for grouper

1361112817718.png

Reactions: TJ40JEEP

ctexpa

Sep 29, 2012
Thanks man. This thing flies. It's Really really fast.
Two things I found, first the gallery doesn't show images correctly, also the wallpaper isn't displayed properly. Second, in the recent app windows each app is too big.

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Thanks man. This thing flies. It's Really really fast.
Two things I found, first the gallery doesn't show images correctly, also the wallpaper isn't displayed properly. Second, in the recent app windows each app is too big.

I saw the gallery earlier. I believe it has something to do with the external libjpeg-turbo repo we use for decoding. Its an upstream revision to what you would normally find in an aosp rom. i emailed myself a picture earlier and it displayed wrong but only on the device. It was normal on my computer. Will contemplate this further when i finish getting vanirAOSP 4.3 to all of our devices. the recent apps display was made to show 3 apps on the window so you could read what was on the thumbnail but if i remember correctly my commit to include the config.xml edit that fits the thumbnails xy to the container was vetoed by a team member for lack of forsight as to why it was changed in the first place. I have this fixed on my personal variant of vanir which is called ATOM. look for it when we finish fixing all the bugs in vanir 4.3. ATOM is based off this source and contains many additional speed/memory management tweaks and additional compiler optimizations plus some light theming.

Last edited:
Reactions: cluster1 and ctexpa

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
I keep getting settings force close and aosp keyboard fc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

there is an FC when you click on storage from within settings. this was fixed in the linaro branch of our source and it will be merged with our master by the next release. i can't replicate the keyboard FC. I haven't actually seen this FC in any of the builds I tested over the past week. You're going to have to give me detailed steps to reproduce it otherwise I can't do anything about it.

imucarmen

May 28, 2012
I'm running this Rom and really like it so far. I've run every Rom out so far and this is my current favorite. It has a nice set of features and runs good.

One bug I've noticed is that if you change to tablet ui it constantly force closes the settings ui. I had to wipe and reflash because of this.

Thanks for this Rom

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
I'm running this Rom and really like it so far. I've run every Rom out so far and this is my current favorite. It has a nice set of features and runs good.

One bug I've noticed is that if you change to tablet ui it constantly force closes the settings ui. I had to wipe and reflash because of this.

Thanks for this Rom

Known issue. On the gnex it's slow enough you can just switch back between FCs but FLO is a beast lol

Easy fix. Concentrating on getting the builds up and running for each device then I'll take care of that stuff

Last edited:

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010

Thanks for this Rom

due to the pain in the assedness of this particular bug i will be posting a new build shortly of what i've completed since yesterday.

changelog:
FIXED: tablet UI mode persistent FC. tablet ui is G2G.
thumbnail fit XY to container in recents panel view
duplicate ? on keyboard swapped for \
repaired vanir config
repaired wifi country code selection
fix last app permission

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Had a few problems with your code
ran good for a few hours then ;(
will be looking for your update

I'd appreciate some more details. Keep in mind that this is a beta. the point is to find and fix the bugs for a full public release. I'm not trying to be rude but i can't really do anything about that vague of a statement :p

Riddlah

Oct 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
running the latest beta, can anyone confirm if they are getting a force close when clicking on Settings - Storage. Also in TabletUI mode, when I clicked the Date, I was getting a force close of SystemUI.

Other than that everything else seems to be working properly.

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
Been running update all morning..seems solid. There is the gallery issue. Love all the customizations... Seems good for beta build. Keep up the great work.....:D:thumbup::beer:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

running the latest beta, can anyone confirm if they are getting a force close when clicking on Settings - Storage. Also in TabletUI mode, when I clicked the Date, I was getting a force close of SystemUI.

Yup ..can confirm fc. I'll check Tabet ui as well. I'm sure PD will have these things worked out soon...

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

In Tabet ui when I click date I get my calendar ...do u have Google calendar installed...????

Riddlah

Oct 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Been running update all morning..seems solid. There is the gallery issue. Love all the customizations... Seems good for beta build. Keep up the great work.....:D:thumbup::beer:

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Yup ..can confirm fc. I'll check Tabet ui as well. I'm sure PD will have these things worked out soon...

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

In Tabet ui when I click date I get my calendar ...do u have Google calendar installed...????

Thanks, just wanted to confirm it wasn't a glitch when it was flashing. Can't believe I didn't realize that, I had gotten the package file is invalid from the Play Store when trying to install the calendar. After tethering to my phone, its working now.

Thanks again.

Reactions: matthew0776

PatriotXT92

Apr 23, 2011
New York
Possible bug or is it just me? Gallery previews look all distorted. The images themselves are fine.

Going to try the latest release and see if it helps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build thoroughly tested global optimizations including standard linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    SU, busybox etc
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d etc
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source
    reserved for scr33nz

or to tell you i probably won't take any :p
    it took me nearly all night but i fixed the thumbnail issue.

ughhhh!!!

time for bed.
    Yes that's exactly what I meant. It's definitely hard to understand and most of it I'm sure the average flasher has honestly no clue what they're talking about. I'm not trying to gripe because I love the rom and flash every new nightly and then go back and flash my custom kernel afterwards. If people knew and were able to read and understand the CL then when only minor changes were done on the latest nightly people can see that they could hold off until a bigger update rolls out

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

TBO there's 3 other people on my team and they merge and make changes also. i'm not running around asking them if they did anything i can put on the easy to read change log every day. I barely even have neough time to develop between both my jobs.. so.. no i'm sorry but i will not be typing out simplified change logs. just look at it as an opportunity to see what's actually being done on the ROM and learn from it because you won't get that opportunity with most ROMs. SOOO many times i see ****ass developers put "enhance the speed" or "optimized _______" when all they did was something so trivial it wouldn't even be noticed in a realtime use-case. that **** pisses me off. you guys will get it straight and if you don't want to learn about what's going on then simply just enjoy the product as it grows and enhances :D
    Beta 3 is up. most issues fixed. this will be a final beta and then i will go to nightly status.