• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Vega Legend Port v0.9.1

Search This thread

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
I've been playing a lot with Kings Eris ROM and decided to look at the Legend ROM as well to see how it goes.

As you probably know it's one of the latest 2.1 Sense UI ROMs, most things are working now.

Issues:
Power off doesn't work - fixed
Dark video - fixed, thanks to Case_
It seems HTC thinks no one would have more than 100 Facebook contacts... a little annoying - found a fix that worked for me, sync the 100 contacts, remove the facebook acount, restart and add it again, all my contacts are showing now.
Probably other things I haven't found yet

Requires ext and a large (at least 128mb) swap partition

Thanks to King for your ROM I've learnt from and Sanpei who's port I've based mine on

Download
v0.9 This for now should only have english (fitting it all was a very tight squeeze), I haven't tested the other languages, but I can upload the files for you to push or possibly make no-wipe updates for them.
v0.9.1 Youtube HQ and Dark Video no-wipe update

Older versions:
Beta V0.3
Beta V0.2.5 it's back to a single flashable zip, and the next version is taking longer than expected so I'll update this page properly now
Beta V0.1

Last edited:

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
Changelog:

v0.9.1:
No-wipe update to v0.9
fixes dark camera and video problem - thanks to Case_
adds support for Youtube HQ

v0.9:
Trying to remember everything I've done here...
apk's and frameworks updated - thanks to nprussell again
another big cleanup of system
framework now moved to /system
dalvik-cache now moved to /data
camcorder now works reliably, I've only tested it properly at 320x240 mpeg4
poweroff fixed - thanks Firerat
some changes to build.prop that will hopefully increase performance
apn settings FC should be fixed
other things I can't remember at the moment

Beta V0.3:
Huge cleanup of system, cut down to English, Spanish, Italian, French, German as language options
No more odex files, should now be completely theme-able
apk's from nprussel and RaiderX from the Hero section - there is a couple of minor graphical glitches (4 pictures showing in the wrong place), but it makes it a lot faster
This build could possibly be less stable

Beta V0.2.5:
Missing widgets fixed
Changed to a single flash-able zip to make things less confusing, thanks for the tips guys

Beta V0.2:
GPS should be fixed
'G1s too small' workaround I came up with, the system apps are temporarily stored on sdcard and moved to the EXT partition on the first boot

Beta V0.1:
Initial release
Added renicing script by MikeTaylor, edited so you don't get a whole backlog of them running, to test if it helps with incoming call lag

Will update this more later

Last edited:

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
But, what is the difference between the Eris 2.1 ROM, and this Legend one? I cant imagine it would be much different.. is this faster? More features?

I'm willing to flash anything with my Nexus coming Tuesday..

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
There's not too much different, with them both being 2.1 Sense, this has a slightly nicer theme IMO. And some things work better - like being able to hide sim contacts. Speed I'm not sure about though, it's possible this will end up being slightly slower, in which case I'll investigate the possibility of taking bits of both (I'm not too hopeful that will work though).

deuse

Apr 5, 2009
Birmingham
I will give it a try on my G1 when you get the beta ready

the Phone lag (for incoming calls) change from MP3 to OGG may sort that out.

tbgreen

Nov 28, 2007
Good job man! Looking forward a version with WG kernel and ramhack for the need for speed :)

Wish the fix for phone lag be the priority since this is the most important of being a phone :)

Last edited:

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
Vegaman, if this is NOT using BFS (I noticed it helped even when it did, but oh well), I have MikeTaylor's setpriority.sh script handy and the way to implement it written into my brain (Hero used to be my main rom for months).

I'm using CFS, so his script is exactly what I'm trying right now :D

Did it work well for you? Seems to be working well here but I want to make sure it keeps running properly.

JAguirre1231

I'm using CFS, so his script is exactly what I'm trying right now :D

Did it work well for you? Seems to be working well here but I want to make sure it keeps running properly.

Yes it works very well. If it's the first call after running the script (I had the a2sd script run it at boot, so for me it was every boot), it will take two or three rings, but after that it will be consistently 1 or 2 with screen on, vibrating, and sounds.

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
Ok, thanks. I'll carry on testing it and some other things and leave it running overnight to make sure it's stable and hopefully I'll have time to upload it in the morning, assuming it all runs OK.

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
Hopefully he'll be uploading it now :[. Really wanna try this rom...

Guess what?
I'm going to go eat breakfast while I wait.

I've been using it without A2SD, but I'm uploading it with the a2sd script and userscript.conf reverted to normal. This ROM is big, I end up with 4MB free on my 90MB system partition. I've also left all of the apps in it, but I run it with a bunch removed myself (like footprints, stocks...).

protomanez

Aug 26, 2009
I'm Up There Eh?
Guess what?
I'm going to go eat breakfast while I wait.

I've been using it without A2SD, but I'm uploading it with the a2sd script and userscript.conf reverted to normal. This ROM is big, I end up with 4MB free on my 90MB system partition. I've also left all of the apps in it, but I run it with a bunch removed myself (like footprints, stocks...).

I don't use the apps you've listed :p